• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Also this truly is one of the best single panels in history.

the toot panel is better, but this is the single best panel in comic book history

B8jCXoiCQAIjNKQ.jpg

Drayco21

Is that the book? Haven't actually read it, should check it out before my MU trial runs out (assuming it's on there)

It is. I believe that panel is from #2. The whole series is a really fun, cheeky read with that kind of tone. I don't have MU so I can't speak to that; I know it's on a six month delay, so it should at least have the first couple issues?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Spidey & the X-Men isn't on MU yet sadly

The amazing Wolverine & the X-Men is tho (issues 1-41 the rest of it is shit)

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
omg

Ms. Marvel

Infused Uppercut - cost reduced to 12, added DoT
Stellar Flare - no longer a chargeup power, now has 8s CD, cost reduced to 25. Animation adjustments to improve responsiveness.
Crashdown Strike - DoT duration increased to 8s

crashdown into stellar flare has returned

also doom is getting better

Beneath Doom's Boot, Channeled Torment, and Latverian Air Defense can now be used without their associated specialization selected! They are not restricted to a given specialization build.

The Will of Doom now includes a "no specialization" passive that increases Doom's damage output based on the number of different damage types he has used recently. This effect is disabled if a specialization is chosen, highlighting the no-spec full-hybrid build.

Crumble, Fools no longer has a cooldown. Buff effect changed to "Reduces the Power costs of The Gauntlet and Assured Destruction by 50% for 4s". Doom's Brilliance Specialization now grants Crumble, Fools a cooldown and bonus damage.

Channeled Torment no longer has a cooldown, and now gains bonus damage based on attack speed. Doom's Cunning Specialization now grants Channeled Torment a cooldown and bonus damage, and prevents damage while the power is being channeled.

The Gauntlet now spends Power instead of generating it. Position in the tree has been swapped with Doom Blast. As Tech is a mostly melee-focused tree, we wanted to bring in the Gauntlet as a potential single target resource spender alternative to Assured Destruction in tech builds.

Mystical Master has been changed to a large PBAoE followed by a lingering damage-over-time field. Doom had one too many channel powers between Technical Tyrant, Mystical Master, and Channeled Torment, and this change will help make Mystical Master stand out more from its Tech brother.

Eldritch Reckoning now applies a short-duration Cower effect. Magic restoration value increased.

Pierce the Veil now deals 40% more damage against targets affected by Unthinkable or Eldritch Reckoning

Technical Tyrant now prevents 50% of incoming damage while channeling

Doom Blast resource regeneration increased.

Worthless Cretin now directs all summoned entities to attack the shot target.

Fixed Impending Doom having an Area tag.

Fixed Assured Destruction being treated as an energy power instead of a physical one.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm messing around on TC with doom now. I found a hybrid build that seems to work pretty well but I have no idea if the damage would make it worthwhile.

Basically I keep Unthinkable down, alternate between doom burst and pierce the veil as needed for power/magic regen, FOOTDIVE on cooldown, and use both sigs as needed. It keeps all 3 damage types procced, but it uses absolutely nothing from the right tree other than passive and I know a lot of people would want to fit in the gun.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So does the game become Marvel Heroes 2016 next Thursday or was the 2015 thing really just a metacritic ploy?

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
the timing of the switch to 2015 was a ploy.

Their desire to update the "name" each year is genuine.

It's totally superficial, but I get it. They don't want to fall into the common "omg people are still playing that game? HA! I'll have to log back in some time and check it out!" and then never do. By keeping upping the year, it (could?) give the appearance that the game is current. Superficial.. but at the same time similar to like what WoW and stuff do.. where when a new expansion comes out, the game is effectively branded as the new expansion, etc.

who knows?

Dec

They also said recently that Tara Strong was in for voice acting on an unannounced playable hero and that there was an unannounced mental hero coming soon.

But honestly that is basically a confirmation that Magik is coming, if she comes out semi-secretly during June it will be basically a mirror of Silver Surfer's release last year at this time.

Edit: She is the voice of Magik team up

borghe

needed to finish off my GLF rep cap for the week so I logged in this morning. Without thinking I took my Cable to do the AXIS one shot. He's level 45............

omfg. so painful. so god damn painful. Mind you I normally run my REALLY geared out Scarlet Witch for farm content.. who goes through everything besides CMM and CICP pretty trivially. Going through AXIS at 45 (the start of the new level band)

I was literally left with DOTing and kiting Red Skull and (by the time I was done) FIVE hulkbusters around for like 8 minutes (just under 10, because my Ultimate didn't quite come back up). Cast his three DOTs, then his damage shield and TP in and out of Res Skull slowly letting his health fall.

omfg. I REALLY need to remember to switch to witch to farm quests.

oh well.. at least cable is 48 now. 2 more levels for another +1% crit!!

Azzurri

needed to finish off my GLF rep cap for the week so I logged in this morning. Without thinking I took my Cable to do the AXIS one shot. He's level 45............

omfg. so painful. so god damn painful. Mind you I normally run my REALLY geared out Scarlet Witch for farm content.. who goes through everything besides CMM and CICP pretty trivially. Going through AXIS at 45 (the start of the new level band)

I was literally left with DOTing and kiting Red Skull and (by the time I was done) FIVE hulkbusters around for like 8 minutes (just under 10, because my Ultimate didn't quite come back up). Cast his three DOTs, then his damage shield and TP in and out of Res Skull slowly letting his health fall.

omfg. I REALLY need to remember to switch to witch to farm quests.

oh well.. at least cable is 48 now. 2 more levels for another +1% crit!!

Lol Cable, but yea thank god for the extended MM event, it took me like 5 hrs to go from 1-60 with xp boosts.

borghe

Lol Cable, but yea thank god for the extended MM event, it took me like 5 hrs to go from 1-60 with xp boosts.

heh. yeah, I just realized now (hours later) that it would have been faster for me to ditch out of that AXIS run even like 3-4 minutes into the Red Skull fight, and do the ENTIRE ONE SHOT with Scarlet Witch. Eh, maybe that's not true.. the 10 enemies that you HAVE TO kill before Red Skull probably would have taken more than 3-4 minutes.

Some anniversary hype:

From their facebook:

Thursday, June 4 is a big day for Marvel Heroes 2015, and Gazillion is partying like it’s 2099! Celebrating two full years as Earth’s mightiest free-to-play action-RPG*, the game welcomes copious amounts of new content, highlighted by the addition of Doctor Doom (playable character No. 48!).
The development team will take part in a celebratory stream for the masses beginning at 10:00 a.m. PDT at Twitch.tv/MarvelHeroes (follow now!), and Gazillion invites the entire community to tune in or – better yet – to stream the game all day themselves. Shout-outs from the devs will be given to anyone streaming and tweeting with the hashtag ‪#‎PlayMarvelHeroes‬.
Please share this message and encourage your friends to stream as well!
New content highlights include the following:
* Playable Doctor Doom
* “Team-Up 2.0” Revamp of the Team-Up System
* Design Review for the Thing
* New Gifting Options, “Retcon” System Revamp and More!
Will you be joining us? Will you be streaming, yourself?
*OK, so maybe the game’s launch was about as rocky as the Thing’s complexion.

inky

So I was right. Retcon system IS the whole event ;P

I hope at least there's a BIG TEN kinda thing. I have a tab full of boosts I need to clear out.

So I was right. Retcon system IS the whole event ;P

I hope at least there's a BIG TEN kinda thing. I have a tab full of boosts I need to clear out.

Last year was particularly magical for this game, I think they're scared to let people down. Kinda like how they didn't do much for April Fools this year either.

I'm sure they'll at least do a Big 10 style event again.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Doubt it the big 10 was done back in march n was mentioned way before both times this year doomsaw already said each week of june will have a feature or event

I think that's this years main thing

Theres second year anniversary achievements on tc with one being looting a second year birthday cake

So the cakes will drop again

Did you guys see this regarding retcon trade ins?

Doomsaw said:
They could appear tomorrow or we may save them for later in the anniversary month.

I think it's worth doing the Retcon missions, they don't take too long. However, it's not mandatory and nothing on Clea is mandatory, but there is a pet variant for a high number of Retcons, I believe.

I have about 200 retcons. hopefully enough for at least one pet.

Doubt it the big 10 was done back in march n was mentioned way before both times this year doomsaw already said each week of june will have a feature or event

I think that's this years main thing

Theres second year anniversary achievements on tc with one being looting a second year birthday cake

So the cakes will drop again

Wanna take a no more selfie posts bet on that Big 10 event?? :p

...and by Big 10 I just mean the four big events (Odin, Cosmic, Armor, Omega) going on at the same time at some point in June.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
why the hell would anyone want Queen to stop posting selfies, y'all jell/mad

borghe

Did you guys see this regarding retcon trade ins?

I have about 200 retcons. hopefully enough for at least one pet.
have about 70 or so. sadly I don't know how many more I can farm before they are removed. Are they being removed with the patch? Can probably easily grab another 20-25 with my existing 60s. Possibly another 10 or so from the "defeat dr. doom in under 180 seconds" achievement (I think that's the one).

I wonder how long it takes to get a level 1 to bullseye? I suppose maybe I can ask a friend to power me through bullseye on each of my ~30 level 1s for another 30..

So it looks like 200 retcons will buy you the most expensive item (the pet most likely). Everyone is out in chapter 4 right now killing Bullseye. Pretty funny.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm at just under 150 and certainly won't be getting 50 more by Thursday, so that's too bad. I'm sure I will at least be able to snag some boosts or fortune cards though.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Wanna take a no more selfie posts bet on that Big 10 event?? :p

...and by Big 10 I just mean the four big events (Odin, Cosmic, Armor, Omega) going on at the same time at some point in June.

dioes this qualifiy as an oh you pic ?

dma9Dkj.jpg

im not going on a selfie ban for some random ass gaffer who barely posts in this thread (has 7 total posts since this thread was started)

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I have like 800 pets already and rarely summon them anyway so idgaf, even though I could easily go get up to 200

I'm at just under 150 and certainly won't be getting 50 more by Thursday, so that's too bad. I'm sure I will at least be able to snag some boosts or fortune cards though.

You can definitely do it, depending on how many characters you have at level 52+ that haven't done the Bullseye quests. It takes no more than two minutes to farm him all three times per character.

Rhaknar

I dont have 200 retcons and Ive done the bullseye quest on all heroes... I guess I respec alot lol

LOL.

Do it. That'd be awesome.

*edit: I probably missed this in the past 260 pages of thread, but does anyone know how to turn on enemy health bars? Not just for the bosses/"bigger" mobs, but for all enemies.

*double-edit: Also my IGN is NEGlTORO, but the l is a lowercase "L" and not an uppercase "i." So, add me to the group please :D?

Invite sent.

Volimar

What do you guys think of the rumor that Marvel wants Charlize Theron for Captain Marvel?

dioes this qualifiy as an oh you pic ?

dma9Dkj.jpg

im not going on a selfie ban for some random ass gaffer who barely posts in this thread (has 7 total posts since this thread was started)

I must be tired, because for a moment I thought the lip piercing was a spider/insect leg sticking out of your mouth.

What do you guys think of the rumor that Marvel wants Charlize Theron for Captain Marvel?

I just saw that in OT. I think it's awesome. I love her in everything.

Fury Road was awesome, also Young Adult is a great dark comedy that should inform people who think she's "too high brow" for comic book movies.

Not to mention Aeon Flux and Prometheus.

Drayco21

I'm sure whoever they settle on will be great like every other MCU casting choice, and I'll find some reason to hate them anyway, just like everyone who's not MCU Captain America.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sure whoever they settle on will be great like every other MCU casting choice, and I'll find some reason to hate them anyway, just like everyone who's not MCU Captain America.

No love for RDJ, really? Agree Chris Evans is fantastic and underrated though. Selling Captain America is not easy, and he does it 100%. You believe he's just that thoroughly decent and good.

Top Bottom