• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
iceman cosmic trial done after a couple of wipes (where im not even sure what killed me). Didnt even have a ult >_>

Mulgrok

its not nostalgia, I just want that style of gameplay in the game I actually play and like. Is that so strange?

Making a summoner/curser in Path of Exile can be like a d2 necromancer, but it requires finding specific unique items.... which I am having a hard time obtaining even though reached level 86 on my summoner.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Iceman is probably more powerful atm.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
cosmic trial with Magik with no blessings and ghetto arts son

no need for GOKs when you have kung fu sequences and amulets of agamoto >_>

Rhaknar

Don't hate on defense stuff. Defense stuff changes are the reason your Magik's head wasn't blown off while in there.

but...but...Cyclops :(

Jane Foster also too strong for Skull. Kinda into this now lol

edit: and Spider Gwen. I actually destroyed him with Gwen, wtf, I have no gear on Spidey or blessings, Gwen OP confirmed. Damn you Marvel

Thanks for the write up dec, still learning about all the arts that were added. So weird that blob and sabretooth have such good ones now.

Xev can you believe Iron Fist is actually finally coming out? Dat long wait

Rhaknar

I mean maybe you are.

IDK I haven't seen your Hots play yet cuz you won't play with me.

Did it with Nova of all people before leaving for work, maybe you're on to something >_>

Rhaknar

What about Thing? It crushed my soul after his rework having 40k health and still going down faster than Indignate on a Hatsune Miku concert

Dec

Almost all heroes should be tankier than before, some much more so. I don't think Thing got any drastic mitigation changes, but in general his health should be much more effective.

Colossus is a god damn beast. He got some damage buffs along with the defense review because some of his powers scaled off of his armor mechanic that would not work now. He is still trash when it comes to dealing damage, though, but better.

Xevren

but...but...Cyclops :(

Jane Foster also too strong for Skull. Kinda into this now lol

edit: and Spider Gwen. I actually destroyed him with Gwen, wtf, I have no gear on Spidey or blessings, Gwen OP confirmed. Damn you Marvel

Xev can you believe Iron Fist is actually finally coming out? Dat long wait

I have been patient! I'm fully expecting him to come out and be butt and have to wait for buffs.

Rhaknar

Am I crazy or they confirmed Angela would be the first 2016 hero released? Or at least the first after Black Cat since this one slipped to 2016

Edit: danger room items

New unique rings, new movement art (wood wood Nova, Laura and Jugg rejoice). Also a bunch more new arts, fist of apocalypse seems to be the best at first glance

Why are the boxes the same price as the arts tho? Why would you gamble instead of just buying the art you want?

Also finally unique rings for hybrid heroes / specs

I am a little disappointed that Im not enjoying Psylocke as much as I thought I would. It has been a while since I used a melee character and I forgot how pedestrian that fighting style can be. I wish there was a way to actively dodge attacks in close quarters.

Gothos

Started levelling Winter Soldier yesterday and he's range spec is a nice and easy to play + it has really good damage. I'm 33 and having quite a lot of fun with him :)

Also, found almost perfect Adv. Metasensor Array yesterday, both stats are 96% range - is this worth anything?

Indignate

That movement art doesn't replace anything.

I am a little disappointed that Im not enjoying Psylocke as much as I thought I would. It has been a while since I used a melee character and I forgot how pedestrian that fighting style can be. I wish there was a way to actively dodge attacks in close quarters.

Dash away? or...I'm not sure what you mean? Like is it the part where you have to walk back after said dash? Cuz there's always assassinate or psithrust on her to bring you right back in.

Rhaknar

Colossus is a motherfucking monster now omg

just face tanked all that the cosmic trial threw at me, damn son. For the motherland indeed

edit: same for Cap. Murica too strong for Skull aparently

failed hard with X-23, Psylocke, Hawkeye, Taskmaster. Ironman and Vision too but thsoe I feel like I can easily do it if I just dont die. The rest were more the dps race

Tasky was actually disapointing because I melted the trash, but then couldnt get skull in time at all. Still hes in a much better place now, the new sig is so good

Started levelling Winter Soldier yesterday and he's range spec is a nice and easy to play + it has really good damage. I'm 33 and having quite a lot of fun with him :)

Also, found almost perfect Adv. Metasensor Array yesterday, both stats are 96% range - is this worth anything?

Yeah, Winter Soldier is very cool. I loved his assault rifle.
I think most people sell a high roll Meta for 1 or maybe 2 blessings.

Dash away? or...I'm not sure what you mean? Like is it the part where you have to walk back after said dash? Cuz there's always assassinate or psithrust on her to bring you right back in.

With a ranged character, you can actively avoid incoming attacks by dashing out of the way. With melee, you just have to absorb those hits and then run away and recover, when your health gets too low. Leveling Psylocke, I have found I can face tank 95% of my encounters and it just gets a bit boring. With ranged characters, you can also see their cool attacking animations. With little Psylocke though, she just disappears into the melee fray with all the other players, and all I can see is a weird blob of movement with numbers pouting out the top of it. Not being able to clearly see her attacks much of the time, makes her less fun than Emma and Punisher too.
I know its the nature of this type of game, so Im not really complaining, just wishing it could be different.

Rhaknar

So here's something I never checked in over 2 years the game has been out... are there mods? Specifically UI mods? I'm using the "hot key to change action bar" which works fine for heroes with more than 8 spells but I would love to actually SEE the second bar on screen at the same time, to know when cool downs are up

Dec

So here's something I never checked in over 2 years the game has been out... are there mods? Specifically UI mods? I'm using the "hot key to change action bar" which works fine for heroes with more than 8 spells but I would love to actually SEE the second bar on screen at the same time, to know when cool downs are up

Ryolnir has recommended the Overwolf UI thing when mods were brought up. Never tried it.

Edit: This isn't anything, at least not yet. Unless you want to overlay a timer, team speak or some other social media thing on your game.
There is a challenge here to make an Overwolf add-on for Marvel Heroes specifically, for $1,000-$4,000, so I guess they're trying to get people making stuff. Nothing exists to specifically mod Marvel Heroes currently.

Am I crazy or they confirmed Angela would be the first 2016 hero released? Or at least the first after Black Cat since this one slipped to 2016

Edit: danger room items

New unique rings, new movement art (wood wood Nova, Laura and Jugg rejoice). Also a bunch more new arts, fist of apocalypse seems to be the best at first glance

Why are the boxes the same price as the arts tho? Why would you gamble instead of just buying the art you want?

Also finally unique rings for hybrid heroes / specs

Some site said she was the first hero of 2016 but Ryolnir said that they did not confirm that, he also did not deny it.

All of the new artifacts for Danger Room are the same price, the Black Box has 1 random of them in it for 1,300 while buying them individually is 1875. The crimson box is 1875 but offers entirely different artifacts (that aren't available individually).

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
dat tiny deathwing

P6GNsGq.jpg

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Oh my, the rare and coveted body-selfie.

BLIZZARD GEAR GOT YOU LOOKIN FIERCE, GURL.

Dec

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/249525/marvel-heroes-2016-update

No 2016 until January.

December:

What will be coming out in December then?

Coming out in December separate from the 2016 release will be:

Iron Fist

Danger Room (Before the Iron Fist patch but still relevant)

Crafting Rework Phase 1

Winter Event/Sale

Howard the Duck

January:

What will the Marvel Heroes 2016 release contain?

Here are the things current scheduled for that release:

Secret Invasion Story Chapter

Leaderboards and Tournaments

Black Cat Playable Hero

Omega System Update

Agent Venom Team-Up

Controller Support

First set of Visual Updates for characters and costumes

Anoregon

So what you're saying is that we can make it so he's perpetually delayed?

Let's get to work, team.

I mean, I get that it's fun to be a hater, but it's not even like you'd be preventing the release of a character you dislike. He's already in the game.

Top Bottom