• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
During this week we'll be putting some hopefully finishing touches on Danger Room, including rewards and difficulty tuning and bug fixing. We hope to release Danger Room publicly later this week (Thursday or Friday depending on testing and tuning), and it'll be back up on TC today with new threads.

What's next?

Iron Fist is getting prepped for TC for a mid-December release and Deadpool shouldn't be too far behind. It is possible that we'll leave Deadpool on Test Center for extended testing over the December holiday break, but that is TBD. We want you guys to be super happy with his rework, so we will wait and see how he shakes out on TC. He's currently in the art department's loving hands

Danger room and Iron Fist fun times ahead, deadpool looking to be pushed into January. Stupid Deadpool.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Have they said anything about adding Black Vortex costumes? Not the best event but theres some cool designs when they all change, certainly would make for interesting costumes (like Rocket for example). A lot of them would have to be semi-enhanced tho with all the fire-y energy bits

7V0YHMM.jpg

Edit: oh meh they dont actually all change like that, what a false tease lol. It was just a vision.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Iron Fist forum is up

White/gold seems to be the default if that wasnt already confirmed

inky

Item Changes

Advanced Amulet of Quiox - Added Total Defense, Dodge and Deflect Rating rolls. Increased Defense Rating roll. Added Health Regeneration per Second roll.

Advanced Amulet of Agamotto - Replaced Energy Defense Rating roll with Defense Rating, replaced Mental Defense Rating roll with Total Defense Rating.

Advanced Atlantean Jewel - Added Critical Hit Rating to Melee Attacks roll, increased Defense Rating roll.

Advanced Netharanium Jewel - Added Defense Rating roll.

Advanced Kung Fu Training Sequence - Dodge Rating roll increased.

Advanced Wicked Wand of Watoomb - Added large Deflect Rating roll, doubled Mental Damage Rating roll.

Mental Focus Headband - Added Total Deflect Rating roll.

Black Tom's Shillelagh - Added Deflect Rating roll.

Advanced A.I.M. Robot Dispenser - Added large Dodge Rating roll.

Advanced Circlet of Cyttorak - Added 1 Durability.

Advanced Phoenix Feather - Added Health Regeneration per Second roll.

The Omega Drive - Added Deflect Rating roll.

Industry City Patrol Badge - Added Total Deflect Rating roll.
Bug Fixes

Fixed an issue that would cause too many regions to be loaded into RAM at one time, causing memory issues.

Magik's Attribute progression as she levels up has been cleaned up to not give unnecessary notifications.

Dr. Doom's Magic resource was regenerating twice as fast as Power. It has been set equal to the regeneration rate of Power.

Fixed an issue with mission hint text in the Send the Bugs Packing mission in Chapter 7.

Fixed an issue with Colossus’ powers not unlocking at the correct level.

Magik's Vampiric Incantation now has the Ranged keyword.

Cyclops' Martial Arts tooltip clarified to show the Damage Reduction bonus occurs when he uses a Fighting Expertise power, rather than any Melee power.

Antigenesis cost structure has been reverted to its previous value of 250 increasing by 5 per additional rank.

Scan and Destroy’s tooltip fixed to show correct damage. In addition, the damage now scales with ranks.

Luke Cage’s summons (as well as Emma’s and Gambit’s Ultimate power summons) have had their tooltips fixed to show how much health they are inheriting.

Summon tooltips were showing 60% damage reduction when in fact they are 70%. No change to actual summon properties, just a tooltip correction.

"Summoned Ally Dmg" moved just above Utility Stats header in Stats panel.

Rhaknar

Inky werent we JUST talking about they should buff those ghetto arts?

not the best buffs but something is better than nothing

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I think the 2016 rebrand is coming with the Deadpool review (as he is the last of the old busted launch heroes) which is going to likely be in January.

inky

Inky werent we JUST talking about they should buff those ghetto arts?

not the best buffs but something is better than nothing

Yup.

I've been thinking of making an "item" list for myself because this game has so much crap loot sometimes it's hard to believe there is stuff you can actually use :p

Right now I'm just getting everyone to 60 as fast as possible and using whatever I find on the way on my characters. But after that I'm really gonna need a visual guide where I can easily see what items are out there and what are "good rolls" for certain affixes (mostly damge, crit and brutal, which is all everyone uses apparently), especially for stuff like insignias and rings, of which I have no idea what the hell is going on.

I also need to read up on the defense changes.

Gothos

Just did cosmic trial on Colossus. It was interesting doing it with a char that has 33k HP and 55 with buff, lol :) Also, I fucking love his ultimate :)

Rhaknar

tried ranged Blade...nope, imediatly back to melee :)

inky

tried ranged Blade...nope, imediatly back to melee :)

Double grenade bro ;P

Not liking War Machine btw. His rotations feel awkward, and overheating mechanic hasn't been that rewarding at all. (level 48) Gonna finish him up and move on to Emma or Winter Soldier.

Anoregon

Depending on build, the heat mechanic is basically just the de-facto cooldown on Spitfire. It isn't terribly compelling but it also isn't much of a hindrance.

inky

I was using Shock Trooper to overheat immediately, then Rough Landing and Spitfire (I love charge powers btw) but it just didn't feel rewarding. Rest was Machinegun stuff iirc. Flamethrower was neat.

I don't know, but I wasn't having too much fun.

Lord Phol

I had a ton of fun with Warmachine while leveling, but for some reason I found him really boring at 60. Was the same thing with Dr strange and probably a bunch of other heroes. Thor was the opposite, a slog to level up but fun to use for high content stuff. The game really changes at 60 for some heroes IMO.

On another note, I wanna get back to this but I feel like I need something new that has some more lasting appeal compared to the end game we got now. Something like Diablos rift and bounty modes would be swell.

except Danger Room isnt actually anything like that tho :p

its like when people were saying MAgik was like D2 Necromancer...sigh

I mean if you want to play a D2 Necromancer you can go play D2. It still exists. I hate carbon copies of old character designs for nostalgia's sake.

inky

except Danger Room isnt actually anything like that tho :p

its like when people were saying MAgik was like D2 Necromancer...sigh

well

I need something new that has some more lasting appeal compared to the end game we got now

Infinitely repeatable randomized map areas with varying degrees of difficulty fits the bill, doesn't it?

inky

For the record, I was talking in chat about this the other day. I'm expecting Danger Room to suck at launch, but after a few iterations they might get it right.

PoE maps are some of my favorite content in any game. I don't have TC so I don't know how close Danger Room is, but I hope Gaz at least took a look at them and what made them good endgame.

Rhaknar

I was simply going by what YOU guys said about Danger room very recently, how it was super disapointing and not at all what the game needed

I mean if you want to play a D2 Necromancer you can go play D2. It still exists. I hate carbon copies of old character designs for nostalgia's sake.

its not nostalgia, I just want that style of gameplay in the game I actually play and like. Is that so strange?

It's only disappointing if you were hoping for a game mode that would completely refresh and revitalize the game. It is still very much a decent enough mode to spend time in, and something the game desperately needed. I just hope that recently they've updated and added more interesting scenarios in there, and will continue to do so post launch.

Indignate

I was simply going by what YOU guys said about Danger room very recently, how it was super disapointing and not at all what the game needed

I know that's what you're doing. That was the point of my post.

I'm not even sure how many people here have even tried it. I only know for sure that Dec and I have and we both dig it. It isn't the end all be all of end game content, but it's a thing and with more time of revising it after release it'll be a better thing.

Dec

I think Danger Room will be great even at launch.

If you want great loot, everything you would want in the late game can be obtained in this one mode (including ultimate upgrade tokens that are in no other mode reliably).

If you want variety in scenery and playstyle, it has that more than any mode in the game.

If you want difficulty, it is a big chunk more difficult than cosmic midtown and even worse if you are stubborn about switching to the ideal hero for the chip.

The one mystery, for me (since the mode is feature complete on test and has been for over a week), is the rate of merits (which you use to buy loot) might not be perfect on release.

The thing about merit rates though is that even if they are a bit low to start, this mode still offers guaranteed high-tier loot that no other mode in the game offers excluding the one-time untradable achievement rewards.

As someone that spends all their time lately in CMM killing the same waves of bosses in the same city tileset we've been playing for years in the hopes of finding the new artifacts or trifectas that almost never drop, I'll take guaranteed crimson boxes, cores, ult upgrades and the new Danger Room unique items over that shit mode any day.

Rhaknar

I know that's what you're doing. That was the point of my post.

I'm not even sure how many people here have even tried it. I only know for sure that Dec and I have and we both dig it. It isn't the end all be all of end game content, but it's a thing and with more time of revising it after release it'll be a better thing.

good. Contrary to what you might want to believe, I want good things for this game. God knows ive put enough time and money into it for not wanting it to not be good

Anoregon

its not nostalgia, I just want that style of gameplay in the game I actually play and like. Is that so strange?

I guess I just don't understand the crux of your disappointment/expectation when it comes to the whole D2 necro thing vs Magik's less total minions style. I mean, what's the difference between 20 pets all hitting for 5 damage and 5 pets hitting for 20? It's the same exact playstyle and effectiveness/mechanics. I'm sure you could argue that the control mechanic limits choices/options, but the alternative is to essentially force every summon build into summoning all possible summons at all times for maximum effectiviness, which is itself very choice-limiting. And from a balance perspective, allowing both big minions out at the same time would necessitate them both being significantly weaker than they currently are, which isn't very fun.

If it just boils down to an aesthetic thing of liking having a dozen+ minions following you around and attacking I can jive with that, but I don't think it's worth giving up on the character over.

Xevren

Danger room sounds neat, looking forward to trying it once it comes out. Also Iron Fist. Gotta say that I really enjoy playing Cable now post review, dude feels great. Did my first run into limbo and thought it wasn't too bad. Definitely loads better compared to what I remember it being way back when.

Lord Phol

I think Danger Room will be great even at launch.

If you want great loot, everything you would want in the late game can be obtained in this one mode (including ultimate upgrade tokens that are in no other mode reliably).

If you want variety in scenery and playstyle, it has that more than any mode in the game.

If you want difficulty, it is a big chunk more difficult than cosmic midtown and even worse if you are stubborn about switching to the ideal hero for the chip.

The one mystery, for me (since the mode is feature complete on test and has been for over a week), is the rate of merits (which you use to buy loot) might not be perfect on release.

The thing about merit rates though is that even if they are a bit low to start, this mode still offers guaranteed high-tier loot that no other mode in the game offers excluding the one-time untradable achievement rewards.

As someone that spends all their time lately in CMM killing the same waves of bosses in the same city tileset we've been playing for years in the hopes of finding the new artifacts or trifectas that almost never drop, I'll take guaranteed crimson boxes, cores, ult upgrades and the new Danger Room unique items over that shit mode any day.

Hm, this does sound alot like what I've been looking for. I have no idea what's good anymore item wise, so hopefully that should make the game feel a bit more fresh as well.

See you Friday then :p

It's out on friday? Sweet christmas! Good time to mount a comeback.

Rhaknar

finally did the cosmic trial bullshit

cleared on Mags, Rocket, Doom, Storm so far. Basically my "mains". Cyclops, one of my best geared guys, has no chance. Pretty much anyone with no ground aoe going off seems to have a really hard time, I cant dodge shit and dps at the same time with cyke like I can with Storm and Mags for example, or with the million pets that Doom and Rocket have

Gonna try Hulk now, also one of my best geared guys. At least he's not made of paper like Scott

edit: Hulk was easy. then again hes geared and with blessings.

Anoregon

It took me like 4 tries on Doom because I am bad. I think I've done it on 1-2 others, but since I don't play max level stuff nearly as much as leveling/prestiging it hasn't been very important to me.

Xevren

I tried it for the first time on Sunday and cleared it with Cable. Was my first experience with cosmic MM, bosses were loot pinata's. Is that pretty much the preferred way to try and get arts instead of just rushing terms now?

Rhaknar

It took me like 4 tries on Doom because I am bad. I think I've done it on 1-2 others, but since I don't play max level stuff nearly as much as leveling/prestiging it hasn't been very important to me.

I guess in theory you only need 1, and then you use that 1 to hopefully get some rare arts for your alts

in theory

Dec

I tried it for the first time on Sunday and cleared it with Cable. Was my first experience with cosmic MM, bosses were loot pinata's. Is that pretty much the preferred way to try and get arts instead of just rushing terms now?

Probably. It's a crap shoot that you'll get what you want, you'd be better off farming the specific terminal for that boss if you want one more than any other.

I farm it because the only other place to get a sabretooth mane is holosim and Doom terminals (hoping he spawns) and I can play a promethium user and cross my fingers for an Iron Fist trifecta that I don't have to buy.

If you want insignias, costume cores, artifacts from the bosses in there (sabretooth, blob, man ape) it's a good place to farm. Just know that the drop rates on artifacts is awful and less than 1% of the insignias or costume cores you pick up will be good.

Seriously, it's 0.06% chance for every "strong" (4 affix) core you loot to be a trifecta.

Lizard Serum, Spider-clone Serum, Hulkbuster Physics Package are three of the most desired BiS artifacts that don't drop in midtown (Lizard may these days, if they fixed the bug where he wouldn't drop his shit in the patrols).

But still, provided you want the items from the bosses in there it's a nice place to farm for very large numbers of uniques (credit chests to invest in the future) and very small, but possible chances at the things I mentioned above. Until Danger Room there is really no better place to farm than CMM and CICP for general useful loot. But if you really want that one artifact, you're better off focusing the boss that drops it.

Rhaknar

lol at Wanda's dps, good lord

Doom, Rocket, Mags, Hulk, Storm, Wanda done. running out of peeps I think I can do with

Xevren

Thanks for the write up dec, still learning about all the arts that were added. So weird that blob and sabretooth have such good ones now.

Top Bottom