• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Volimar

Is Doom kind of squishy or do I just really need to get him geared better?

And even though it's her birthday we can't gift her anything in game because she has literally everything!

In lieu of gifts, Queen has asked that you donate to the "Voli ain't got shit" fund.

:p

Is Doom kind of squishy or do I just really need to get him geared better?

He shouldn't be squishy, no. Max his defensive passive, make use of his teleport, and use his slot 2 unique (if you aren't already). If you're using his summon spec then he shouldn't have any problems at all.

Volimar

He shouldn't be squishy, no. Max his defensive passive, make use of his teleport, and use his slot 2 unique (if you aren't already). If you're using his summon spec then he shouldn't have any problems at all.

I haven't chosen a spec yet, but I guess I can't play with all his sigs forever. I got him the trident because I always expected to go summon so I guess I'll go that route. I think mostly it's that my most of my uniques aren't 60 yet. Damn scenarios keep giving me shitty any hero uniques.

Edit: Summoner Doom is a lot easier. I never got his slot 2 to drop, been using sinister's bioengineered cuirass.

Indignate

So what are some things I should by with A.R.M.O.R. ? Are any of the recipes in there worth it.

Nothing that you should really concern yourself with if you're still just starting out. Once you've figured out a couple mains and look up their BiS, you'll know if you need anything from there. The vendor is always there, so you can always pick up what you need when you need it. Generally, most characters slap the health enchantment on their 2-4 slots and one of the others (crit, dmg, atk spd) for the 1 & 5, so you'll be picking up some of those eventually.

Took Cable into the Cosmic trial after spending all night doing purple DR's with him and I couldnt believe how powerful he was.
Beat Madam Hydra with just under 2 mins left on the clock and Skull with about 1:45. The combination of his 3 DOTs and Viper Beam seemed to sizzle and cut through everything with ease. I have been using him at level 60 for the last two days, but didnt notice his power.
I was so disappointed with his specialization builds (forcing the loss of fun powers), so it was a big relief to keep him fun, effective and un-specialized.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Apparently I've had the incredibly normal shrunken cow as a pet all this time on my unused NC and not realized.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Took Cable into the Cosmic trial after spending all night doing purple DR's with him and I couldnt believe how powerful he was.
Beat Madam Hydra with just under 2 mins left on the clock and Skull with about 1:45. The combination of his 3 DOTs and Viper Beam seemed to sizzle and cut through everything with ease. I have been using him at level 60 for the last two days, but didnt notice his power.
I was so disappointed with his specialization builds (forcing the loss of fun powers), so it was a big relief to keep him fun, effective and un-specialized.

That sounds cool, I've never tried a tri-spec cable before.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
That sounds cool, I've never tried a tri-spec cable before.

techn ically its no spec :p

you just use all the dots and you cant use any of the specilized spells because you dont choose any spec in the fancy talent. its what I use aswell, because MOAR DOTS

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Ult upgrade token just dropped for the first time ever for me

I'm right in thinking that changing to a lvl 10 hero and using it, wouldn't have worked/unlocked the hero?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Ult upgrade token just dropped for the first time ever for me

I'm right in thinking that changing to a lvl 10 hero and using it, wouldn't have worked/unlocked the hero?

Not anymore. They fixed that a while ago, they have a min lvl 11 now.

inky

Weekend reminder to suggest our new title. Sorry to bother again guys, I'm not creative about this stuff and a new OT is a good chance to reel more suckers friends in.

Marvel Heroes 2016 |OT3| Babes of GAF Assemble
Marvel Heroes 2016 |OT3| No heroes here, only selfies
Marvel Heroes 2016 |OT3| Est. 2013
Marvel Heroes 2016 |OT3| Better every year
Marvel Heroes 2016 |OT3| Spoilers: Thanos is in this
Marvel Heroes 2016 |OT3| Future Fight thread is that way ------>
Marvel Heroes 2016 |OT3| Now with controller support (this will definitely not backfire ;P)
Marvel Heroes 2016 |OT3| 55 Heroes and Counting
Marvel Heroes 2016 |OT3| Now with more year
Marvel Heroes 2016 |OT3| Highway to the Danger Room
Marvel Heroes 2016 |OT3| I'm not a Skrull
Marvel Heroes 2016 |OT3| ...

Once we have a good dozen options I'll make a public poll to vote in. I just want to get the thread out during the holiday period when it's likely the game and the supergroup are more active.

Marvel Heroes 2016 |OT3| Danger Room 2026
Marvel Heroes 2016 |OT3| The Taskmaster GAF deserves
Marvel Heroes 2016 |OT3| Nexus of Carnage lovers
Marvel Heroes 2016 |OT3| Human Rights are not for Mutant Trash

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Marvel Heroes 2016 |OT3| Content Delayed
Marvel Heroes 2016 |OT3| Doom sees Layoffs

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Reading Inferno, couple of possible enhanced costumes

Colossus

4662577-inferno2015003_int2-3.jpg

Cable

Kinda into that kid Cable :D

Cracklox

New thread title huh. The one a page or two ago someone mentioned was good:

Marvel Heroes 2016 |OT3| We would be on OT6 if Kepow wasn't banned.

May be a little to in-jokey though

Tried Kitty while everyone else was getting their Fist on over the weekend.

Running a slightly unconventional Dragon/Phasing build to take advantage of a Power Cosmic and Doop runeword. I've stacked up unaware damage with not 1 but 2 cloaking devices (reg and adv) and a cosmic Loki medallion, all up giving me over 2000 damage to unaware targets. I use Non Corporeal Beatdown as my main spender with a midtown ring for the damage buff. Given she is constantly phasing behind enemies, you get a lot of bang for your buck with all the unaware damage. Also running Groot as a team-up to take as much attention away as possible.

Passed the trial 1st time with my PC at level 3 (so no physical dmg buff) and only 2 slots at 69. And when I say I passed, she absolutely snoozed it in. MAYBE needed 1 health pack.

Whats funny was, I only put the cloaking devices on her because I was low on regular ghetto artis to give her (kung fus, xerogens etc) and it turned her into a beast. I was a little worried going in. I like the hero, but hadn't heard a lot of good stuff about her, but like Blade, even if she doesn't re-invent the wheel, shes still very, very capable.

Also I'm doing a prestige of Ms Captain Marvel, or whatever his/her name is so I can try finish off the Kingpin cheevo (she had been sitting at green 1 for a looooonng time). Yikes does she feel soooo outdated. I generally enjoy levelling characters, but I'm really struggling with her. Had to stop yesterday around 43, because I figured it will be much easier while Midtown Madness is running.

TL;DR Kitty fo real with a fun slightly unintentional build - Cap'n Marvel needs an update. May be effective, but he/she ain't fun

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Finally watched Ant-Man last night and wtf it's really good??? dangit. I wasn't expecting that at all. Really funny, too.

Dec

Went down like 4 hours ago. Don't expect it to be back up for another couple hours either because they are patching in 25 minutes.

Anoregon

Marvel Heroes 2016 |OT3| So free you can spend 10,000 dollars!

I think I have the exchange rate about right on that, britfriends.

mreddie

Marvel Heroes 2016 |OT3| Straight Outta Wakanda
Marvel Heroes 2016 |OT3| We Care About Mutants
Marvel Heroes 2016 |OT3| Marvel at all the heroes we could have but here's Green Goblin

Anoregon

Marvel Heroes 2016 |OT3| The only universe where Punisher can solo Doom

Rhaknar

all those titles suck compared to our current one :(

inky

While the servers are down we can all vote for our new OT title!

>>>LINK<<<

Sorry if I left your suggestion out! These should still be enough options.

inky

I'm sorry =(

(new page for 50 ppp people ;P)

While the servers are down we can all vote for our new OT title!

>>>LINK<<<

Sorry if I left your suggestion out! These should still be enough options.

Top Bottom