• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Yeah the options are nuts. I think I'll end up with dual stance, but which two I end up picking will have to wait till all balancing and iteration is done.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I only took a cursory glance at IF last week and said "this character looks mildly complex" but I wasn't expecting that level. I hope I can figure out something I like that is good and not too complex. These days I highly prefer builds that don't require anything besides one bar for general gameplay (I don't mind toggle powers on hotkeys for obvious reasons).

Dec

I only took a cursory glance at IF last week and said "this character looks mildly complex" but I wasn't expecting that level. I hope I can figure out something I like that is good and not too complex. These days I highly prefer builds that don't require anything besides one bar for general gameplay (I don't mind toggle powers on hotkeys for obvious reasons).

Dual spec and single spec fall in line with the average amount of binds. No spec and 5 stances push like 1 bind beyond what I have set up even with my ini edits.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yeah I'm not interested in playing a spec that relies on 2 bars of skills. The most I'm willing to deal with is like a single button on the 2nd bar hotkeyed via .ini edits.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Is the two for one sale still up in the store? I see it on the home page but can't find it in the bundles

I thought it was weekend only actually. I remember seeing it in-game as one of the store frontpage things but I'm not sure where it would be other than that.

I thought it was weekend only actually. I remember seeing it in-game as one of the store frontpage things but I'm not sure where it would be other than that.

It's cool I spent it on something else. Bought character stashes for the three heroes I have unlocked bought two more general stashes and bought the AoU costume for Scarlet and the Star Lord bundle for his movie costume.

Anoregon

Stashes are always a good purchase. They never go on sale and are always useful.

I'm hoping we see some nice sales next week. Still hoping for a decent teamup discount so I can grab carnage for like half-off. I can't start my Venom cosmic prestige without him!

Anoregon

I also bought Quicksilver and Drax team ups. Should of bought a pet. I'm still petless lol

There's a few relatively easy pets to get. You can buy the stark mini-sentinel for like 1mil credits a pop once you max out genosha rep, which doesn't take very long. There's also the chance of getting a herbie or Old Lac from Mk1 cards (purchased with cube shards.)

And if worse comes to worse, there's also a better than small chance everyone will get a free pet for logging in christmas weekend.

inky

Why are you buying stuff a few days before the sale? ;P

Quick note: I've got like 5 Old Lace/mini IM armor from drops alone. I'm not sure pets drop like that anymore, but it was weird. Doing terminals every day and buying cards with Cube Shards is the best way to stock up on pets imo. I'm close to having 40 pets or so without buying one, but including the free ones. The mini sentinel is butt ugly, but yes, it's very easy to get.

Anoregon

That's a good point, I had a couple old lace drops like a year ago and not one since.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I have like 30 pets or something ridiculous. I really should get rid of all of them except the few that aren't garbage/that are limited. I never have them out anyway.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
I have like 30 pets or something ridiculous. I really should get rid of all of them except the few that aren't garbage/that are limited. I never have them out anyway.

the pets i have which is 2 stash tabs full it doesnt even let me destroy them lol

Anoregon

Hard to say, as precedent doesn't always mean much. However, given that black friday didn't have an actual 50% off sale (they went with that hybrid discount/bogo), the chances seem higher we'd get one this time

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Don't destroy pets please when nutty mccrazypants over here needs 1 pet per hero >_<

Some random guy today was offering in game raid tutorials, so I went in (never bothered to learn raids) and it was pretty sweet. Did green and red Sutur pretty easily and just barely beat green Axis (we had 1 life left at the end). It was great to see Onslaught for the first time. No good loot drops though.
Got Surfers Exiles costume from the blender too. Pretty happy with that too (a non dupe cool costume). Have to buy Surfer soon.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Iron Fist's sprint is awful.

Naruto%2BUzumaki%2B14.gif

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Don't destroy pets please when nutty mccrazypants over here needs 1 pet per hero >_<

Of all the things you do to yourself, this one truly perplexes me. It's hard enough getting a +3 Fighting / +1 all skills pet that I can use on everyone.

Gothos

Not sure how I feel about Iron Fist. Seems like a really complex hero and not sure I like it :) Hopefuly he won't be the melee equivalent of Dr. Strange because I would be pissed if that's the case.

Rhaknar

Of all the things you do to yourself, this one truly perplexes me. It's hard enough getting a +3 Fighting / +1 all skills pet that I can use on everyone.

empty gear slots on characters makes my skin itch. you have no idea what the missing relics to do me

Anoregon

Yeah I don't bother swapping pets around much either. I try to have pets on all the chars I play regularly.

Rhaknar

Yeah I don't bother swapping pets around much either. I try to have pets on all the chars I play regularly.

tumblr_m0aphoPQ2G1qclyfb.gif

edit: LOL holy shit at Devilian's server screen, maaaaaaaaaaaaan this is Tera levels of shameless. I mean, the game might be cool, but damn I wasnt expecting that lol

Dec

Not sure how I feel about Iron Fist. Seems like a really complex hero and not sure I like it :) Hopefuly he won't be the melee equivalent of Dr. Strange because I would be pissed if that's the case.

Nothing like Strange. More like Star-lords elemental tree with far more options. Just like Star-lord, if you want to use every type of ammo, you're going to need two bars.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
sorry already deleted it, it was boring as shit

Yeah Queen got me to play it but I ended up deleting it after 5 minutes because the cheesecake was a bit much and I couldn't even make a female fighter, wtf.

Anoregon

2 weeks of login bonuses posted here: https://marvelheroes.com/news/news-articles/14-days-festive-favors, including this BOMBA for tomorrow:

2 Sat, December 19 Log in for a Classic Green Dr. Doom Team-Up!

I honestly never expected green doom TU to be free. Awesome.

Other goodies include the return of christmas tree groot team up (can exchange for ult upgrade if you got him last year), an ice golem pet, and random hero+costume. Not bad at all, Gaz.

Anoregon

Also, free herbie pet right now:

redeem the code: H2-B2 for a free Holiday H.E.R.B.I.E pet

but seriously you all better log in tomorrow for dat doom

inky

OT 3 is going to come up soonish I think (not today, but in a few days). Going to post it in the Gaming section. I just need to find info on what's planned for next year (links to that info would be appreciated).

We also need a title, just leave some suggestions and a poll will be up this weekend too so we can decide :D

Top Bottom