• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
C9MBwKF.png

This should be posted every time he mentions X-23.

GManDH

I think I'm gonna skip this pack, even if it has some I'm totally anticipating like Iceman and Blade. I haven't leveled half of last year's pack yet.

yea i had that issue inky, and then i decided to rush level everyone and its been a blast.

Oh yesh totally forgot about Iron Fist, I think he's a given, really want hims as well. Fantomex though, annoying and boring with a french accent. Gambit is enough as is :p.

Fantomex is a world class bad ass that always makes the tough decisions nobody else is willing to do.

His moral compass is unwavering. He represents logic and justice.

He skew reality and create misdirections. He can kick Archangel's ass.

The ladies know what's up.

Gambit? Gambit trows purple cards, wears a god awful leather jacket, and is in love with the only X-Men character as pointless as he is. Gambit is a fake wannabe Frenchie, whereas Jean-Phillipe is the Dom Pérignon sipping real deal.

KePoW

Banned
Nope, but I've heard it is terrible. Just terrible.

Also, why you no FIFA yesterday? I'm working my way up to goal keeper of the year status.

I'm actually out of town until Friday, so I won't be able to raid on Wed.

And lol, you wouldn't even be the best goalkeeper in this MH thread!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
as much as I hate them, at least the Fortune Card 7 seems to have good stuff if the white ironman GOTG costume and the white doctor doom team ups are in it :/

So many shitty minor characters, how come we don't have a playable Nick Fury?

thats 99.9% confirmed for 2015 advance pack, and he will be this games version of a "necromancer" class (i assume he will summon a bunch of shield agents). yay for more pet classes

Going to leave Thing at 50 and do the rest during the Omega event with the xp buff, im pretty much done with this summer event, it was pretty awful.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I hope white Nick Fury won't require an enhanced costume and separate VO.

do you also hope that money will rain from the sky and jennifer lawrence will show up at your doorstep naked?

you know, since you are hoping for impossible things

Gambit is a fake wannabe Frenchie, whereas Jean-Phillipe is the Dom Pérignon sipping real deal.

Actually, Fantomex is British, and uses a fake French accent to seem more mysterious.

fucking hiding FF doom behind that mac bundle / some future card pisses me off, I dont want regular green Doom as a team up :(

I can't fathom why Gazillion did not give people some other way to buy the costume or Doom team-up. This was so royally screwing AP owners over, whose "exclusives" were only exclusive for a month and are now regularly purchasable. "Oh, here's an exclusive team-up and costume that is only behind a gambling or a 120$ paywall, and you people who paid 150$ already won't get any worth out of it because it's literally only heroes and costumes you already own except for the exclusives."

Makes me doubly sour because I actually ALSO paid another 200$ for the Ultimate Pack in the day.

So many shitty minor characters, how come we don't have a playable Nick Fury?

None of the characters that are playable in the roster atm are "minor", except for Squirrel Girl, Moon Knight, Taskmaster (who's a 200ES "clone" character) and arguably Nova. You would've had a point a year ago with Rocket and Star-Lord, even though we already knew they had a film coming.

the hero we need, the hero we deserve, also the hero we will not get :(

We will get Magik, just not soon.

Lothars

I can't fathom why Gazillion did not give people some other way to buy the costume or Doom team-up. This was so royally screwing AP owners over, whose "exclusives" were only exclusive for a month and are now regularly purchasable. "Oh, here's an exclusive team-up and costume that is only behind a gambling or a 120$ paywall, and you people who paid 150$ already won't get any worth out of it because it's literally only heroes and costumes you already own except for the exclusives."

Makes me doubly sour because I actually ALSO paid another 200$ for the Ultimate Pack in the day.
I'm still choked over not being able to buy the ultimate packs costumes, I should have gotten that pack when the game came out but I didn't. I wish you could buy spiderman symbiotic costume and I do think they will eventual offer them even if they said they won't.

http://www.twitch.tv/marvelheroes

Gonna do their reveals as the full hour comes by. I will update this post with the new information for those of you who can't check it out. :)

Infodump:
Advance Pack 2 is again 12 heroes, again 2 of which are going to be decided upon later.

Confirmed AP2 Heroes:
1. Iceman (almost made AP1, will likely be very early)
2. Dr. Doom (might have all 3 damage types)
3. War Machine (almost was in the launch roster for Iron Man 3, but they thought they couldn't do him justice)
4. Kitty Pryde + Lockheed (Lockheed is part of Kitty's kit and they're never separated)
5. The Vision
6. She-Hulk
7. Winter Soldier
8. Blade (should be around Halloween, almost made AP1 for this year's Halloween)
9. Iron Fist
10. Black Cat
11. Is very -likely- going to be Ant-Man, but they have to see how their tech works with his powers, so it's up in the air.

For 2016, characters that are pretty much confirmed: Dazzler, Black Bolt and (Arch)Angel.

Bonus costumes for the AP:
Magneto's Marvel NOW black costume
Spider-Girl (May Parker) Enhanced costume

Early Bird bonus for buying AP2:
X-23 (includes her masked X-Force as costume)

Other items:
An exclusive HERBIE re-themed pet
NO fortune cards, but a lot of boosts

Drayco21

None of the characters that are playable in the roster atm are "minor", except for Squirrel Girl, Moon Knight, Taskmaster (who's a 200ES "clone" character) and arguably Nova. You would've had a point a year ago with Rocket and Star-Lord, even though we already knew they had a film coming.

I'd argue not a single character in this game is actually a minor Marvel character yet. Squirrel Girl is such a huge meme/joke in the industry and shows up in enough books that she's fairly well known to anyone who cares about comics, Moon Knight has had several extremely well loved runs, has been a member of several Avengers teams and was referenced in Winter Soldier so he even has MCU cred going for him, and Taskmaster is one of the closes friends and recurring enemies of one of the Marvel Universe's biggest names right now (Deadpool), is a long-standing enemy of Captain America and lots of other core heroes and was in Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Hell, not only has Rich been in several huge name teams and had several celebrated runs and has been the central figure of some of the most beloved crossovers in the company, even Sam is pretty well known despite being new- he's the co-star of a big, popular cartoon. Every single character in this roster deserves that spot (
except for fucking Gambit, human rights are for humans.
) Just because they weren't in a 90's cartoon or starring in an MCU movie yet, doesn't mean they are minor characters.

I'd argue not a single character in this game is actually a minor Marvel character yet. Squirrel Girl is such a huge meme/joke in the industry and shows up in enough books that she's fairly well known to anyone who cares about comics

That doesn't make her a popular character. There's not a lot of people who care about comics anymore, and being an in-joke with the industry doesn't really make her any more important. And she's only really cameo'd in strong titles, as far as I'm aware. Never been a member of an actual team that was

Moon Knight has had several extremely well loved runs, has been a member of several Avengers teams and was referenced in Winter Soldier so he even has MCU cred going for him

Wait he was referenced in Cap 2? Where? The only namedrop I heard was Strange. But you know who also was a member of the Avengers? Gilgamesh aka the Forgotten One. Remember him? Or D-Man. Yeah. Avengers members are all super popular. ;)
I know

nd Taskmaster is one of the closes friends and recurring enemies of one of the Marvel Universe's biggest names right now (Deadpool), is a long-standing enemy of Captain America and lots of other core heroes and was in Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

I'll give you the MvC3 appearance (and his appearances in video games lately in general), but he's definitely not a big name. If being recurring in Deadpool or Captain America comics also was an indicator for being important or popular, that would make Bob Agent of Hydra and Hate-Monger be super popular/important characters.

Hell, not only has Rich been in several huge name teams and had several celebrated runs and has been the central figure of some of the most beloved crossovers in the company, even Sam is pretty well known despite being new- he's the co-star of a big, popular cartoon.

Which is why I said "arguably". Both Nova's popularity has only been very recent (like, in the last 10 or so years).

Every single character in this roster deserves that spot (
except for fucking Gambit, human rights are for humans.
) Just because they weren't in a 90's cartoon or starring in an MCU movie yet, doesn't mean they are minor characters.

But 90s cartoons and MCU movies are pretty much the only thing that brings Marvel into the minds of the mass, not the books.

Drayco21

Wait he was referenced in Cap 2? Where?

But 90s cartoons and MCU movies are pretty much the only thing that brings Marvel into the minds of the mass, not the books.

In the same rambling nonsense from Sitwell- it's just more subtle because it's not a namedrop. I need to rewatch it with subtitles, but he mentions someone (I thought he said the word merc at the time in the theater, I could be misremembering) located in Cairo was one of the potential future threats alongside Strange.

This isn't a movie or cartoon game, this is a comic book game, based on comic book characters. Just because a person doesn't read them doesn't mean they aren't notable characters who don't deserve to be in the game.

Edit: Fuck yeah, footdives all day.

Also War Machine- looking forward to how they change him up from Tony. Flamethrowers? Sold.

This isn't a movie or cartoon game, this is a comic book game, based on comic book characters. Just because a person doesn't read them doesn't mean they aren't notable characters who don't deserve to be in the game.

I never said they're not deserving. I'm just saying that the statement that "so many minor shitty characters" is everything but correct. Only a small portion of the current roster is less than really important heavy-hitting names. I don't get why you're arguing with me here, we're on the same fucking side.

Drayco21

Kitty Shadowcat Pride! Feat. Lockheed! Sounds pretty sweet.

Kitty and X-23 have been the only X-Men post-launch I wanted to play in this game, so glad they've both made the cut.

I never said they're not deserving. I'm just saying that the statement that "so many minor shitty characters" is everything but correct. Only a small portion of the current roster is less than really important heavy-hitting names. I don't get why you're arguing with me here, we're on the same fucking side.

I like to argue for no reason.

Rhaknar

Black Cat? nobody guessed that...kinda meh

edit: stream doesnt work for me, chat is talking about x23?

Drayco21

Still not a fan of enhanced costumes that make characters into completely different people. Glad it's Mayday stuck as a costume instead of Anya though.

Edit: That in-game Winter Soldier model looks really weird to me.

Lord Phol

So this was kind of unsuprising, feels alot weaker than Advance pack 1 IMO. The value of it doesn't looks as good either without the cards and less exciting line-up. Actually not sure if I'm gonna bite this time. There are still two more secret heroes/villains (one has to be Black Bolt) though.

So this was kind of unsuprising, feels alot weaker than Advance pack 1 IMO. The value of it doesn't looks as good either without the cards and less exciting line-up. Actually not sure if I'm gonna bite this time. There are still two more secret heroes/villains (one has to be Black Bolt) though.

For me it's really is X-23, two costumes, and a Herbie (with more boosts) really worth an extra 30 bucks?

Top Bottom