• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

C'mon, Gambit is one of my least favorite major X-men, but is Gambit really worse than...

Thunderbird (the original)?
Sunfire?
Rachel Grey?
Joseph?
Cecilia Reyes?
Maggot?
Thunderbird (from X-treme X-men)?
Lifeguard?
Slipstream?
Stacy X?

So by my count he's not even a bottom ten X-man.

You're correct, but those are all bit players/nobodies. I meant of the mainstay X-Men characters. I don't think any of those you listed have had their own mini-series or ongoings like Gambit has.

Spoit

I got a black tom and taskmaster from the event after the first shells one. I haven't gotten enough for another box yet and am debating between a box or multiple Brutal Shades. Not sure how good a well rolled Shades is.

I'm going for the shades, because the drop rate for this run of it SUUUUUCKS. I've heard like 15 hours for a box

Gambit is more loved as a video game character than he is a comic book character imo. He has a powerset where he can basically blow anything up (well inorganic things since he got lobotomized), but comic book writers never really make it as cool as it should be. In the Vs. series and the SNES games by Capcom he was pretty cool to play as. In X-Men Legends he was also a pretty awesome character, you can even charge objects like barrels then throw it. I don't have him in Marvel Heroes but he is pretty flashy as hell.

Gambit as a comix character is terrible. Can't stand frenchie cajuns !

I like that you don't like Gambit, but I don't like why you don't like Gambit.

I'm not trying to be subtle. Gambit is tied for the worst X-Men character, and easily bottom ten in the Marvel Universe. "I trow dee cards harda den you." Garbage. I think young folks watching the 90s cartoon developed a bizarro appreciation for awful characters like Remy and Rogue. They are so far beyond awful in comics that I will never understand the appeal.

The only thing I like Rogue for is for her involvement with Carol Danvers. Like, that whole arc, with the multiple personality disorder, and Rogue being shunned for essentially killing Carol, that was pretty awesome.
Also, you're wrong about Gambit. It's "I am da tief, i trow da cards!", not "I trow dee cards harda den you."

You all are just salty deadpool fans.

I dislike Deadpool even more than Gambit. Believe it or not.

I think Gambit gets love more from cartoon nostalgia than anything else. Also he has that roguish reformed badboy thing going on.

The cartoon is pretty much the biggest major reason why Gambit (and Rogue for that matter) is popular.

Advance Pack 2 characters will all be revealed tomorrow at 2pm.

Doomsaw said:
We have final sign off on our heroes for the next year!

We'll put together a formal list with details and make an announcement tomorrow for what will essentially be Advance Pack 2.

We'll see you at 2pm Pacific for the list as we can share it.

t1411506000z4.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

fuck yes. hurry up and put it up for sale too, and hopefully they announce all the characters this time >_>

Iceman
Blade
Doom
Nick Fury
Winter Soldier
She Hulk
Vision
Spider Woman
Ironfist
Elektra Shadowcat
Angel
Havok

lets gooooooooooo

edit: posted this on the wrong thread, I loved Gambit when I was a teen and it had nothing to do with the cartoon. In fact I thought the cartoon version was awful. I do find coments like "I dont understand how people liked him" funny tho... you dont understand how people liked the rogue-ish (in the true sense of the word, not Rogue-ish like Rogue the character), thief badboy cool looking mutant macking on the sexy untouchable lady mutant? He's the han solo of the x-men.

That you dont like him now or looking back thats fine, dont tell me you dont understand why kids / teens in the 90s wouldnt like him tho :p

Elektra is a 200 ES hero, so I don't think she'll be in the pack. We also have Kitty Pryde guaranteed on the roster. I'll put my money on Super-Skrull taking Elektra's spot, and Angel or She-Hulk being replaced by Kitty. The rest of the list seems fairly likely tho.

Mulgrok

Guess I am pretty lucky that crimson boxes have given me 3 Gem of the Kursed so far. Never found it as a drop.

Still trying to get a Sinister Curiass.... weeks of killing him and nothing /cry

DrAg0nBoY

No idea, I'd have to check when I get home. I'm guessing a blessing or two, since my Hand of Nimrod is a pretty good roll.

You can't trade credits, so the way people trade is to add a blessing (100 Odin marks) to a crappy artifact they don't want and trade it. For less valuable stuff, they trade runes like Loki (generally valued at half a blessing, or 50 Odin marks).

I'll check later and see if you are interested. Like I said, I'll give you ~half off whatever the actual in-game cost is. For most stuff, I just give it away, but this is an item I actually use on an alt. I'm not playing him much, but I could certainly use the Odin marks or Loki rune.

Did you check the price? I am really interested in the price now, heh.

Drayco21

Kaine
Agent Venom
Doctor Nemesis
Gamora
Machine Man
Arana
Phyla-Vell
Black Bolt
Death's Head
Agent Coulson
Hit-Monkey
Adam Warlock

This is pretty much a shoe-in, let's go Gaz!

Well, I'm looking forward to Doom and Kitty. Hopefully the pack isn't /too/ good, I really shouldn't be buying an Advanced Pack

Hank Pym?

Ant-Man comes out next year still, right? No way we don't get Hank alongside the film's release.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Elektra is a 200 ES hero, so I don't think she'll be in the pack. We also have Kitty Pryde guaranteed on the roster. I'll put my money on Super-Skrull taking Elektra's spot, and Angel or She-Hulk being replaced by Kitty. The rest of the list seems fairly likely tho.

Oh they put a price on Elektra when they mentioned her? Fair enough, I forgot kitty is confirmed anyway so replace her. She Hulk was teased with vision for the advance pack, she's in for sure

Hank Pym?

Oh yeah. I totally forgot about Ant-man lol.

Oh they put a price on Elektra when they mentioned her? Fair enough, I forgot kitty is confirmed anyway so replace her. She Hulk was teased with vision for the advance pack, she's in for sure

Oh, alright then. Well, we'll see in less than a day. :p And yes, they said Elektra was gonna be the 200 ES project after X-23 and Beast.

Rhaknar

I also forgot Ant-Man >_>

curious what the extra stuff in the deluxe version will be, and if they will throw in anything for buying it early like the Ghost Rider pack last year (which I missed an am STILL salty about)

I also forgot Ant-Man >_>

curious what the extra stuff in the deluxe version will be, and if they will throw in anything for buying it early like the Ghost Rider pack last year (which I missed an am STILL salty about)

I doubt they'll throw in any free character packs simply because at this point every upcoming character being released is part of another pack that AP2 buyers will most likely have already bought.

On another note, the visuals on the FF Doom TU passive procs are really cool. And Doom himself appears when they go off.

Rhaknar

I doubt they'll throw in any free character packs simply because at this point every upcoming character being released is part of another pack that AP2 buyers will most likely have already bought.

On another note, the visuals on the FF Doom TU passive procs are really cool. And Doom himself appears when they go off.

free X-23 with the advance pack early purchases. believe!

KePoW

Banned
I like that you don't like Gambit, but I don't like why you don't like Gambit.

well as you probably know me by now, I like to make generalizations about people =P

Also, you're wrong about Gambit. It's "I am da tief, i trow da cards!", not "I trow dee cards harda den you."

I'm seriously laughing out loud thinking of Gambit's voice saying these lines... stupid accent

KePoW

Banned
I'll put my money on Super-Skrull taking Elektra's spot, and Angel or She-Hulk being replaced by Kitty. The rest of the list seems fairly likely tho.

if they take out Elektra for Super-Skrull, I'll be pissed

they can take out Angel though, he sux

Kaine
Agent Venom
Doctor Nemesis
Gamora
Machine Man
Arana
Phyla-Vell
Black Bolt
Death's Head
Agent Coulson
Hit-Monkey
Adam Warlock

This is pretty much a shoe-in, let's go Gaz!

I would love Gamora and Black Bolt. They did an awesome job on the Gamora TU model & voice.

And I'm a huge fan of Black Bolt in comix, even though I normally wouldn't like someone with that name.

Rhaknar

Blackbolt confirmed 200 splinter hero since he doesnt need a voice actor

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
if they take out Elektra for Super-Skrull, I'll be pissed

they can take out Angel though, he sux

I would love Gamora and Black Bolt. They did an awesome job on the Gamora TU model & voice.

And I'm a huge fan of Black Bolt in comix, even though I normally wouldn't like someone with that name.

How could you possibly not like somebody named Blackagar Boltagon?

Vecks

I don't know if I can reach 300 shells by the time the event ends, whenever that is. Still around 190. Really want that box though.

Lord Phol

I'm curious to see what the hero to villain ration vill be this time, also what obscure heroes there will be if any. I definetly approve of Black Bolt! Would not mind Iceman, Phyla-Vell (as Death), Gamora, Adam Warlock, Thanos and Havok either.

KePoW

Banned
They almost made Bendis Gamora look acceptable, but I guess if you set the bar low enough...

haha I haven't read any of the current stuff yet, although I heard Bendis' writing sux on it

But do you not like the art and Gamora's costume? I think it looks awesome

Rhaknar

Unless doomsaw is trolling, Angel is all but dismissed, seems they are working on ideas for him for advance pack 3 not 2

Also mostly expected / requested heroes, not a lot of odd choices he says. But MODOK almost made it (when the fuck was MODOK ever a hero of any kind?)

Edit: Bendis (and thus in game) Gamora looks like garbage

Drayco21

Unless doomsaw is trolling, Angel is all but dismissed, seems they are working on ideas for him for advance pack 3 not 2

Also mostly expected / requested heroes, not a lot of odd choices he says. But MODOK almost made it (when the fuck was MODOK ever a hero of any kind?)

C9MBwKF.png

haha I haven't read any of the current stuff yet, although I heard Bendis' writing sux on it

But do you not like the art and Gamora's costume? I think it looks awesome

I don't like anything about the Bendis run, including the generic as fuck mass effect 2010's space armor.

Lord Phol

Not the biggest fan of Bendis writing but I do like the new Gamora look. Old on was nice as well but a bit cheesy with all the skulls.

I thought Angel was going to be a team up.

Not really sure what they'd do with him as a playable in terms of powers. The proportional strength of a bird or something.

Archangel I can see more. Metal wing projectiles.

KePoW

Banned
freakin MODOK? wow that literally would have been the first character I would refuse to play, and I'm open to playing almost anything

haha I never noticed Gamora's costume looks like Mass Effect. It does, but I loved Miranda so I guess that's why I like Gamora

Did you check the price? I am really interested in the price now, heh.

I apologize, but I wasn't able to play at all this evening. I'll take a look tomorrow night. I imagine the going rate is ~2 blessings based on the rolls. If that's the case, I'll trade you for one Hela blessing. If it's cheaper than that, we can work out a deal for a Loki rune or something.

DrAg0nBoY

I apologize, but I wasn't able to play at all this evening. I'll take a look tomorrow night. I imagine the going rate is ~2 blessings based on the rolls. If that's the case, I'll trade you for one Hela blessing. If it's cheaper than that, we can work out a deal for a Loki rune or something.

No problem. Just checking that you don't forget about me, hehe.

DrAg0nBoY

Got one more question. Is there a page or something with all artifacts/uniques which shows the max possible stats for each item?

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
well doomsaw said before that blade and ice man would be next year and also sounds like x-23 doctor doom was also confirmed before for next year

Lord Phol

Reading through Doomsaws replies he mentions that most of the heroes will be what people expect/has requested, so probably not a whole lot of suprises.

Edit: Bendis (and thus in game) Gamora looks like garbage

MODOK is currently in the Secret Avengers:
portrait_incredible.jpg

I thought Angel was going to be a team up.

Not really sure what they'd do with him as a playable in terms of powers. The proportional strength of a bird or something.

Archangel I can see more. Metal wing projectiles.

Yes, Angel is first going to be a team-up.
Also, I imagine that Angel is going to be a mix between punching/movement powers (dashes and whatnot), have a healing/aura tree (he has received those restorative powers recently) and it's very likely they'll give him wing projectiles even when using feather wings.

That said, the current Angel also has metal wings - they're not part of Archangel only:
50b8dcce82271.jpg

They might give him a Horseman tree, too, however, dunno.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
on test center:p

6kmPAfQ.png

Passives:

Tier 1: +Mental Damage and 6% Base Health

Tier 3: 5% chance 10 second buff with 30 second CD +240 Damage Rating and 1096 Mental Damage twice a second for 6 seconds when you hit.

Tier 4: 5% chance 10 second buff with 30 second CD +240 Defense Rating and 57,130 Energy Damage twice per second

for people who didnt buy the pack with him he and the iron man costume are tied to fortune cards so probs fortune card 7

gazele

Banned
Iron Fist.
Fantomex.

Don't screw this up, Gaz!

Everyone requesting MODOK should cover their head in shame.

Totally agree with this whole post, don't really get the need for villains at all, but hey i guess people want them and are willing to pay for them which is the main goal i guess

Rhaknar

fucking hiding FF doom behind that mac bundle / some future card pisses me off, I dont want regular green Doom as a team up :(

MODOK is currently in the Secret Avengers:
portrait_incredible.jpg

holy shit!

edit: wonder if the pack will actually go up for sale today too, seems kinda early compared to the first one, but then again I would rather just get it out of the way asap and not thing about it anymore :p

inky

I think I'm gonna skip this pack, even if it has some I'm totally anticipating like Iceman and Blade. I haven't leveled half of last year's pack yet.

Top Bottom