• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Alright, let's murder my bandwidth and let's do this. Quick question. I am definitely thinking about first unlocking Storm. Can she handle solo gameplay or is she more of a team player?

from what ive seen she's definitely capable of holding her own and has a lot of nice AOE attacks

her tornadoes are cool as shit

Dunlop

Is there a way of re-selecting quest? I switched from deadpool to my level 5 hulk but its still giving me deadpools quest :-/

I think it gives you the optoin to just start over.

Foolishly I said no when I wanted to try out my Hawkeye drop as I thought it reset for everyone...followed my questline saw an event for Venom...died at least 10 times in a massive lagfest that I could not escape.

Now from what I read, he is pretty much screwed for certain enchantments due to the amount of deaths

...so awesome ; (

inky

Now from what I read, he is pretty much screwed for certain enchantments due to the amount of deaths

You simply don't get one of the benefits from one specific artifact you can get from Clea in the Helicarrier. It is hardly anything to be concerned about. You will die a lot in endgame too (probably) so don't worry about it.

That artifact is poorly thought mechanic that people have been criticizing since beta, so hopefully they get to it and find a way to make it more meaningful, allow for resets if you really want that benefit. In my experience, the stats on that artifact are not that great anyway.

I just watched the prequel videos "Chronicles of Doom" eps 1 through 4. I recommend everyone watch them. They're pretty good and only a couple minutes each and give the full back-story leading up to the opening cinematic.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
from what ive seen she's definitely capable of holding her own and has a lot of nice AOE attacks

her tornadoes are cool as shit

Aww yisss

The idea of using tornadoes and ice storms on fools is what is attracting me to the character. AOE attacks were to be expected! Will use!

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
im getting incorrect password/user at login lol

Dunlop

You simply don't get one of the benefits from one specific artifact you can get from Clea in the Helicarrier. It is hardly anything to be concerned about. You will die a lot in endgame too (probably) so don't worry about it.

Good to know thanks!

managed to map some of my g500 buttons using the logitech application but and still amazed how how little customization you can do in this game (control wise)

inky

So far I have been collecting tons of credits but don't see much purpose for them. What are we supposed to do with this money?

Upgrade your items & costumes mainly, especially the latter. Re-rolling affixes gets pretty expensive after a while if you don't get the one you like on your first try. (Grade 3 affix is 25k for every time you roll it, Grade 4 is 100k+ I think).

You could also buy a lot of items from the vendors and use those items to level them up. High level vendors have a better chance of giving out blues and purples every time you refresh them. Leveling your crafter gives you more recipes too. Crafting some of the HP/Spirit/MS potions for general use is a good gold/elements sink I think, and provides good benefits for leveling alts.

Talamius

I donate all my junk to the crafter. Got a Speedster Gene but I don't have enough levels in the crafter to get the option to put it in my costume. Right now my crafters are at 6.

Also, what's the word on attack speed vs defense penetration? To me, it seems like DP wins out (but we need damage numbers!).

TheGrue

Anyone having trouble with login? I put in my email and password and it says it is incorrect, but it works for logging into the Marvel Heroes site. I bought none of the packs, but I thought the game officially launched today.

AndyBNV

Nvidia
Anyone having trouble with login? I put in my email and password and it says it is incorrect, but it works for logging into the Marvel Heroes site. I bought none of the packs, but I thought the game officially launched today.

1pm EST if I recall correctly.

inky

Updated the FAQ.

Also, I know we kinda agreed the guild would be called NeoGAF, but I made a poll anyway:

[Hidden Link]

Rootbeer

Banned
WOW @ the huge price increase on the character packs. yeah, fuck buying anything in this game. will wait till everything is steeply discounted in a few months. Still interested in trying it today.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
WOW @ the huge price increase on the character packs. yeah, fuck buying anything in this game. will wait till everything is steeply discounted in a few months. Still interested in trying it today.

They went up from the prices we saw yesterday??

How is Cable for people who have been playing him?

Everyone says he's phenomenal and really well balanced. The only issue is he's bugged at the moment and not gaining increased progressive stats as he levels up like all the other characters do. In fact, nobody even knows what his final stat line will read like because it's not there.

Just thought i'd chime back in with an updated impression on Rocket Raccoon... It really is the case that he is just a late bloomer.

The wife and I just snuck an hour in before she left for work, and as i've designated RR the character I use when we play, I found that once you've invested heavily in his turret (especially post-patch today which upped its attack rate by about 50%) he really improved. Mainly because the turret generates crazy (broken?) aggro, meaning bosses frequently ignore you for half of a fight, and just run between you and your turret.

People who said Punisher is subpar, I have no idea what you mean. Maybe early on? Because he becomes beastly. Landmine, roll back, spray with full auto or rocket launcher and you are murdering hordes like nothing.

Yeah the new pack prices are gonna drag the game's name down :/

Costumes are quite ridiculous too

inky

Everyone says he's phenomenal and really well balanced. The only issue is he's bugged at the moment and not gaining increased progressive stats as he levels up like all the other characters do. In fact, nobody even knows what his final stat line will read like because it's not there.

I know that I was killing endgame bosses solo way before I could with Thor, if that is anything to go by. His teleport was largely nerfed, but he is a good ranged support character to have with you.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Just thought i'd chime back in with an updated impression on Rocket Raccoon... It really is the case that he is just a late bloomer.

The wife and I just snuck an hour in before she left for work, and as i've designated RR the character I use when we play, I found that once you've invested heavily in his turret (especially post-patch today which upped its attack rate by about 50%) he really improved. Mainly because the turret generates crazy (broken?) aggro, meaning bosses frequently ignore you for half of a fight, and just run between you and your turret.

Yeah, his turrets combined with his burrow ability are sick. You don't do much damage, but you also have an easy time surviving some of the more cheap attacks.

Seems like this is catching on as the place where people are posting build ideas:

Marvel Base.

There are quite a few out there with plenty of comments and discussion on them. I've noticed quite a few new ones as the game officially opens.

Top Bottom