• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

I want to get Rocket's office suit. I wanna pew pew people to death with a staple gun.

thanks guys, glad I asked. that's the opposite of D3, where crafting was just a money sink.

You're welcome. While playing through story, I suggest picking up everything that isn't white, and visit town after clearing a dungeon or reaching a way point. In the top right you have a body slider that allows you to instantly teleport to town and if you click on it again it'll take you back to the place you teleported from. Be aware though that items despawn then.

Also, don't bother picking up crafting ingredients (except for Unstable Molecules). In higher levels you get the max level ones to drop.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
i might have to break my rule of not playing heroes when they release (because everyone is) with Richards, im incredibly excited about him (and I dont even like him as a character).

his powers could make such a fun and different moveset in a arpg

Xevren

i might have to break my rule of not playing heroes when they release (because everyone is) with Richards, im incredibly excited about him (and I dont even like him as a character).

his powers could make such a fun and different moveset in a arpg

Same, have they said how much the dude is going to cost splinter wise? Going to assume 600 cuz I imagine it took some work for them.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Same, have they said how much the dude is going to cost splinter wise? Going to assume 600 cuz I imagine it took some work for them.

im sorry, I cant hear you here in advance pack land

:p

but no they havent, and I too am thinking 600 because of the tech

KePoW

Banned

I hate Reed, he's a douchebag in comix. I don't even like how his powers look in comix either, it's just so weird and creepy.

I seriously don't understand the hate Reed gets all the time. Yeah ok, maybe he's arrogant, but I mean... he's the fucking smartest man on the planet.

Rhaknar

I hate Reed, he's a douchebag in comix. I don't even like how his powers look in comix either, it's just so weird and creepy.

oh yeah?

3775598-2950140787-a1u5o.jpg

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Those four costumes are actually awesome, I personally like them a lot

Yeah me too but I'd just like to get something different from the crafter haha. Did a bogo on Scarlet's House of M costume and got Lady Loki so I guess I can settle for that. SW seems really fun so far, I wonder why more people don't play her? Waiting for the 52 review perhaps?

Rhaknar

bogo'ed Kate (finally) and got armored DD (dupe, again, got it from blender yesterday too, also a dupe)-

oh well, blender fodder I guess

KePoW

Banned
Yeah me too but I'd just like to get something different from the crafter haha. Did a bogo on Scarlet's House of M costume and got Lady Loki so I guess I can settle for that. SW seems really fun so far, I wonder why more people don't play her? Waiting for the 52 review perhaps?

Dang you got Lady Loki too, jeez lucky dawg!!

SW is great, she's considered a very good character right now.

garath

So after inky's great "you should be playing marvel" thread, I've decided to give it a shot. Ive been obsessively playing d3 but I'm maxing out on that now so up for another arpg. Downloading the client now. Convinced my buddy to give it a shot too.

Out of the starting heroes, anything to avoid? Kind of thinking black panther. I can dig melee if its done well though its usually more challenging in arpgs :(

Anything blatently op that would be a good way to get rolling? ;)

Psylocke will be a hero I pick up quick. She's one of my favorite from other games.

Rhaknar

I loved BP.

favorite starter heroes for me, if its still the same ones: Panther, Colossus, Captain America. Storm, Luke Cage

I didnt like Torch (but I seem to be in a minority here) or Punisher, Hawkeye and Widow are ok

also keep in mind that not all the starter heroes are worth the same. Technically you should pick up one of the more expensive ones. Storm and Black Widow only cost 200 splinters. The rest all cost 400

Volimar

I loved BP.

favorite starter heroes for me, if its still the same ones: Panther, Colossus, Captain America. Storm, Luke Cage

I didnt like Torch (but I seem to be in a minority here) or Punisher, Hawkeye and Widow are ok

also keep in mind that not all the starter heroes are worth the same. Technically you should pick up one of the more expensive ones. Storm and Black Widow only cost 200 splinters. The rest all cost 400

I loved Storm before they nerfed her.

KePoW

Banned
I loved Storm before they nerfed her.

Well to be clear to any new players out there -- It was more a case of Storm being very obviously OP before.

Now she is fine & balanced. Everyone knew she had to be brought down a bit, but some people just aren't going to be happy about that.

Volimar

Well to be clear to any new players out there -- It was more a case of Storm being very obviously OP before.

Now she is fine & balanced. Everyone knew she had to be brought down a bit, but some people just aren't going to be happy about that.

She was fine and balanced when I could kill entire mobs with my Freezing Tempest.

>.>

Over the weekend I got my Nightcrawler to 60, Wolvey to 53 and started Psylocke yesterday - she's at 37 now.

After spending almost a week on-and-off with Wolverine, I've been fairly happy with him. He's a little on the boring side, but really only because he's not "flashy" like so many other characters on the roster. Getting to the point now where he's quite solid, and it's only the charges from Rhino/Juggs that take him down (but with Can't Keep Me Down, it's not much of a worry anyway). The only thing I'm not really sold on is his Signature, which doesn't feel anywhere near as flashy or rewarding enough. Compared to say, Moon Knight's sig, it's quite measly. Ultimate is good fun, but again, it gets lost most of the time as it lacks visual reward.

Psylocke is great. I was actually running Red Terms last night, solo, at level 30-34. Only a couple deaths when I really got swarmed, but she's looking pretty fun as well.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Omega FAQ:

Can I completely change my Omega point allocation?

Yes, you can reset Omega points through the interface. It will use one Retcon Device.

Blarg.

LuuKyK

So they are trying to do to Marvel Heroes what Square did to FFXIV with A Realm Reborn? Hope it works.

Edit: Or maybe they are doing the seasonal thing, some people mentioned? That would be interesting. Like Marvel Heroes 2015 would be all about these characters, and so on... Would make the game seem like a new one every year.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
More Power Points Players will now receive 31 more power points as they progress in levels than they previously had. That’s a total of 165 if you include the 12 from story quests. This change was made to allow players more options for player builds, especially as we add more, sexier powers to each hero. Rather than gaining 2 power points per level, players will now gain 1 point from levels 2-15, 2 from 16-30, 3 from 31-45, and 4 from 46-60. As a result of this change, all heroes have received a free respec of their power points.

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Volimar

Can you guys do me a favor? If you're going to say what you got on the test server for the anniversary gifts, could you spoiler tag it? I'd appreciate keeping it as a surprise, other than the stuff we know we're getting.

Wallach

Can you guys do me a favor? If you're going to say what you got on the test server for the anniversary gifts, could you spoiler tag it? I'd appreciate keeping it as a surprise, other than the stuff we know we're getting.

It'll probably be hard to avoid, but if it helps any, not all of the stuff will be given out on TC.

Wallach

BTW, not only is Silver Surfer on that image, there's another unreleased hero that is visible in the larger version on startup.

Blank!

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

I wonder if it's up to level 30 skills from skill points too or just items. I have this sinking feeling that raid loot is just going to completely destroy 'regular' loot... and regular any hero uniques? completely fucking useless. They're already in a pretty bad spot but now, they need a pretty huge update.

And I *really* hate the homogenizing of all the team powers (auras). Whose bright idea was it to make everything the fucking same?

Anoregon

I'm looking at some of the anniversary rewards. hooray, I'm getting an old lace!

J-Tier

I'm not totally sure I understand the team buffs. It seems like a nerf to some characters. But wouldn't know until it's out.

Wallach

I wonder if it's up to level 30 skills from skill points too or just items. I have this sinking feeling that raid loot is just going to completely destroy 'regular' loot... and regular any hero uniques? completely fucking useless. They're already in a pretty bad spot but now, they need a pretty huge update.

And I *really* hate the homogenizing of all the team powers (auras). Whose bright idea was it to make everything the fucking same?

It's just from items, powers can still only be invested up to 20 points.

I wouldn't worry about raid loot, really. Any Hero uniques do need updating, though, as most of them are pretty ass.

Anoregon

Unstable molecules will be dropping from x-def/holo sim chests now, so that's good. I guess thats a roundabout way of confirming that they were pretty much only dropping from cosmic terminals and sometimes midtown?

Also I'm still totally betting on a surprise Doom teamup and it's not on test because they want to save some surprises for the 4th.

Rhaknar

The extra points is a megaton, can max out passives that we only had 1 point in for example (max out passive and offensive passives for example)

Wallach

The extra points is a megaton, can max out passives that we only had 1 point in for example (max out passive and offensive passives for example)

One other thing to keep in mind is that the scaling of powers changed, so you get less benefit from that initial point (it was previously very front-loaded at rank 1). So you will want to increase ranks in some stuff you were probably satisfied with 1 point in before.

Rhaknar

One other thing to keep in mind is that the scaling of powers changed, so you get less benefit from that initial point (it was previously very front-loaded at rank 1). So you will want to increase ranks in some stuff you were probably satisfied with 1 point in before.

Well when we got 1 point wonders before it wasn't really for the 1 point, was so they got the bonuses that your gear, usually uniques, give. Like passives and whatnot ended up as 10+ from that 1 point spent

Your point still stands tho

Edit: also lol at story mode still having those fucking 12 points

LuuKyK

Had a raid run on test center that ended in a bugged Surtur (last boss) chamber. He never showed up and we were like, Doomsaw fix this shit. lmao It was pretty funny, but quite challenging. There is lava all over the place and you have to stand on some safe spots which makes you use your ranged abilities and plan your actions. Quite cool.

And btw the portal to enter Surtur's chamber is called "OMG SURTUR HALP" lol

I am still confused about the Omega System and how it really works. Some tiers are unlocked but have no hexes, and others need to be unlocked... Not sure. The UI is absolutely gorgeous though. Congrats to whoever did it.

So many new things. Overwhelmed by all this. Excellent job Gaz.

Top Bottom