• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
To be fair...that's kinda shitty. I really can't be bothered by people getting 2 and missing out, but upwards of 10 is a bit much.

it is shitty, and I feel for the ones that couldnt get a hero when others got 10, but im talking about the whole "i paid money for all my heroes and these people got them for free!" schtick

edit: beaten by a milisec!

Wallach

eCV6Moe.jpg

my bearded punisher is finally coming
MzRejGV.png

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
You post that picture and talk about punisher costume!!?!

ITS A GOD DAMN FREE STASH TAB!!!

Also, team up inventory is open - free doom teamup!?!?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
"Make sure to login sometime during the week of June 4th to June 12th for a special 1-year anniversary giveaway for 365 random items.
We don't plan for any big sales (since that is weird for new players) so we're doing our big BOGO sale ahead of time, but this 365 item giveaway is pretty cool.
A couple of big things will be included in the list and a nice assorted of little things."

sooo... I dont get it. we all get these items? its random or what? we all get a tab and the punisher costume for example? hmmm

edit: nvm it says random items right in the text.. so yeah, basically its cards all over again. some will be lucky, most will get rarity boosts >_> I know I know its free, but still

Wallach

I think he might just be highlighting the STASH tab because there's currently only 15 and people were asking for one more so they would even up at the bottom of the UI. Not that I'd mind a free STASH tab, but I suspect it's just that they have no cost in the dev environment.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
How do you guys think this looks for a Gambit build?
http://www.marvelbase.com/builds/generator/gambit#v2KCq2K22M2KvGvvj/0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0

Idea is mostly ranged, with bo beatdown as a boss smacker.

I think he might just be highlighting the STASH tab because there's currently only 15 and people were asking for one more so they would even up at the bottom of the UI. Not that I'd mind a free STASH tab, but I suspect it's just that they have no cost in the dev environment.

Well, they also have virtually infinite G in the dev environment, so they don't really need to have 0-cost stuff. LET ME DREAM.

Anoregon

LOL free Stash tabs. You guys are dreaming :p

Well, the screenshot/thread is ostensibly about things they are giving us for the anniversary, not things they are letting is buy. Well, other than punisher costume, I don't think that will be free.

Rhaknar

LOL free Stash tabs. You guys are dreaming :p

i would be happy with a stash sale ;(

also, his reasoning for no sales during the anniversary is completely ass backwards. Its too confusing for new players... lol what? wouldnt new players WANT cheaper stuff and be inclined to spend more money?

like steam sales, everytime you see those new users saying how much they splurged on them the first time

inky

I agree. It makes no sense to not have an anniversary full out sale, but Gaz has always been this weird mix of the most consumer friendly, player oriented devs while also having the worst leanings towards terrible F2P practices.

At least in my eyes, so I can't say I'm too surprised by that decision. note: not saying that no sale is "unfriendly" or "bad", just that they are unorthodox people when it comes to monetizing their game and this falls into that "huh?" category.

Wallach

Doomsaw said:
I think Gaz may be a little TOO brilliant, because I guarantee you won't be spending money on that particular costume. Assuming you are around next week...

In reference to the Punisher costume...!

He gets better once you unlock more powers. Gruesome frenzy is ridiculous single target damage. You just have to get real close.

His ranged/aoe gets adequate, but not spectacular in any way. I find Crescent Fan and Truncheon to be decent enough for clearing/weakening most groups to finish off any that get close. Crescent Fan does more damage that the numbers imply (as it increases the farther it travels).

Ok thanks. I'll check these out next time I log on.

you mean one of the 365 RANDOM gifts :/

at least thats how it sounds like from the wording on the thread

The new Punisher costume sounds like a pre-determined gift, especially when you think about the teasing of "free beards" for everyone during anniversary week. This new costume has a "beard" afterall. ;) ;)

Rhaknar

The new Punisher costume sounds like a pre-determined gift, especially when you think about the teasing of "free beards" for everyone during anniversary week. This new costume has a "beard" afterall. ;) ;)

we'll see. im always a realistic/pessimist so ill believe it when i see.

cant be disapointed if you dont expect anything! :p

Blank!

what core is more useful, 2 +1 or a +1 and a gain health on hit?

The best core IMO is the 25% heal/spirit on use and 2 second invulnerability proc.

Burst healing and on-demand invulnerability just has far too many practical uses than some extra health. Life on hit is a trap and just makes already easy content, easier. A burst heal/invul will save your life.

Stats give far too little gain per level to invest in. +Total health isn't bad but I wouldn't give up invul/heal for it.

The only reason not to use this core (other than availability) is if you're dead set against using medkits.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
eCV6Moe.jpg

my bearded punisher is finally coming
MzRejGV.png

Awesome! I'm so hyped for this. Now if only they could release X-23 next week my world will be complete. After months of farming I finally got a GotK to drop this morning that's just waiting for her!

A new interview with David Brevik is up. I've included some of the highlights:

Are you happy with how Marvel Heroes turned out? Were you expecting more or less before the game was released?
I am very proud of the way Marvel Heroes turned out. It was a very rocky path to get to the release of the product. It is incredibly difficult to create and release any game, especially an MMO. Many of them don’t release. We were creating something that had never been done by mixing ARPG with MMO, so there was no blueprint to follow.
On the other hand, I wish we would have launched with a “beta” tag similar to Gmail. Gmail was in beta for years and it was fine. I’m not sure why we were in a rush to remove it. There are many products that spend tons of time in beta. Once you remove that beta tag, then you get review scores. If we would have waited 6 months to lift the beta tag, I’m sure our scores would have been higher.

When Marvel Heroes was released last year, it received quite a lot of negative feedback because of its pretty unpolished state, but the game has improved drastically since then. Do you plan to do something to interest players and journalists in checking the game out again?
That is our hope. We are updating the identity of the game. Marvel Heroes will now be called Marvel Heroes 2015 moving forward. We hope that press and players will return to give it a fresh look. We feel that we have made tremendous progress in the past year and we have some very exciting features coming up. Just like a new version of a sports title or an updated version of office productivity software, Marvel Heroes deserves a new title because of all the changes we have made.

What can you tell us about the Marvel Heroes anniversary? What sort of things can we expect?
We have a long, long list of incredible and exciting features with this mega-patch: Surtur Raid, Omega system, Secured Trading, Daily Shared Quests, Login Rewards and Achievements. Most of these features will launch on June 4th and a few later in our month-long celebration. We are going to have a ton of events, giveaways and surprises throughout the month.
One surprise: We will be adding a new stash tab and giving it away for free to anyone that logs in the first week of the anniversary.

How close are you working with Marvel Entertainment to promote Marvel Heroes? What kind of things can we expect in future?
We work very closely with Marvel nearly every day. We have done a large variety of events with Marvel directly to promote the game. We have been on Marvel.com and done live interviews with Agent M (Ryan Penagos). We have been in their booth at both SD and NY Comic Cons. They help us tie into the movies with previews of scripts and movie assets. The actual CGI suits of armor used in Iron Man 3 by the FX house were put directly into the game. This year, we will also be tying into the comics and doing an event coordinated with Marvel publishing.

This might be the event that Gazillion are waiting for, before releasing Nova.

A number of new teasers have also been released, including a look at the Achievement system:

Trade system:

Another Omega system teaser, this one should be appreciated by those wanting buffs to Summoner builds:

Rhaknar

cool guess that confirms the tab isnt random, nice nice nice

just crafted the sentinel unique, a head finally dropped (and the medallion, same mega sentinel dropped both)

also got a bunch of uniques in the last hour on sue (2 for her, 3 any hero), and MM isnt even buffed >_>

Anoregon

Oh wow, I wasn't really expecting the punisher costume to be free. I have punisher don't play him much at all, but that costume has the potential to change that since it looks pretty rad.

It looks as though there will possibly be a free stash tab, costume (Punisher) and team-up hero (Doctor Doom), based on the teasing so far. That's just 3 possible gifts out of 365 planned. Not including whatever daily login rewards are offered.

Rhaknar

It looks as though there will possibly be a free stash tab, costume (Punisher) and team-up hero (Doctor Doom), based on the teasing so far. That's just 3 possible gifts out of 365 planned. Not including whatever daily login rewards are offered.

still dont believe all of that will be certain, the random comment still haunts me. I hope I eat my words, I really do

also I fucking love that avatar. Batgirl right?

edit: seems shared quests are a new system of its own, you still wont be able to share legendary quests. here is the FAQ:

Hi all,

I just finished typing up the help text for Shared Quests and I thought it would be cool to see it as a mini-FAQ. (We won't have time for full FAQs until Tuesday night when the final anniversary build is done and being cooked).

Here is the copy/paste from our internal code:

Shared Quests are super-sized quests that are automatically shared with all players, allowing them to be seamlessly completed by groups or individuals, regardless of level, group status, difficulty mode or location.

All players receive the same Shared Quests each day. New ones are assigned each day, generally including a Midtown Patrol quest, a quest to defeat threats in Terminals and a quest in X-Defense or S.H.I.E.L.D. Holo-Sim.

Three Shared Quests exist each day. You may complete any of them any number of times. As soon as you complete a Shared Quest, you will immediately begin earning progress towards the next one. Shared Quests may be completed alongside or in place of Legendary Quests, sharing credit at all times.

Rewards for Quests include Odin Marks, credits, experience orbs and random gear of all possible rarities and types, based on the difficulty of the Shared Quest.

The first time you complete each of the Shared Quests, each day, you will receive bonus rewards, including a bonus Omega Orb.

Note that several issues will prevent us from ever being able to share Legendary Quests (since they were built for single people and have several issues with sharing) but these new Quests are built from the ground up for sharing and will allow any size groups or couples to play together for however long they wish, at no cost and no hassle. This will change the game for a few people and just be a nice "free bonus" for others.

407zxwZ.jpg

still dont believe all of that will be certain, the random comment still haunts me. I hope I eat my words, I really do

also I fucking love that avatar. Batgirl right?

Haha. I remain optimistic. I think you can read that comment as implying there are a number of items that will be randomly distributed, or there a set assortment of items (random used to describe them as there is no common theme between the items) that will be rewarded. I took it as the latter.

As for the avatar... close! Batwoman. ;) She is such a killer character; she brings a new dynamic to the batverse with more focus on the supernatural.

Anoregon

Rhak you are definitely stressing way too hard about the "random" comment. They have confirmed we are getting the costume and stash tab next week with pretty specific wording. Not "these are things you could POTENTIALLY get"

I think the "random" stuff is just for the bulk of the smaller 365 gifts, like not everyone will get the same amount of splinters/cube shards/odinmarks etc, or the exact same distribution of fortune cards.

Rhaknar

keep delaying buying Kate hoping she will pop on the blender but it wont happen will it >_>

Rhaknar

pft I got Superior Spidey so screw you guys

This is Neogaf, all you have to do is...

mug.jpg

edit: and Sue is the 25th o/

inky

Didn't you also get like Lady Loki or was that someone else?

Ya, I mean, Believe, whatever. After crafting Classic Spidey I'm just taking a break from it :p

Rhaknar

Ya, I mean, Believe, whatever. After crafting Classic Spidey I'm just taking a break from it :p

no i bought Lady Loki and Shuri. I got Lady Deadpool and hate her

anyway, Inky hows the anniversary (or should we now call it Marvel Heroes 2015) thread going?

Anoregon

It's funny to see you guys talking about the costume blender, as if unstable molecules actually exist. You guys are silly.

Rhaknar

It's funny to see you guys talking about the costume blender, as if unstable molecules actually exist. You guys are silly.

I bought my last 10 or so with splinters since I haven't seen one drop in months

inky

Wut? I've got all of them as drops. Never bought one:

3saNtuN.png

And I've crafted more than a dozen costumes too. You guys don't do enough terminal runs :p

Xevren

Unstables drop rate is pretty ridiculous right now, I haven't seen one in a long time. Luckily I've had a couple stacks of them from way back but even that is dwindling at this point. And I do terminal runs all the time!

I was the one that got Lady Loki from a blender. Yeah buddy!

Top Bottom