• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

garath

So if I skip the story and just burn through some holo missions to level up, what happens when I go back to the story? Will I be a level 30 mowing down level 10 mobs?

Also, how's the grouping with level gaps? i.e. if I'm 30 and my friend is 15, how bad is it? He won't get any xp or does the game not care too much?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So if I skip the story and just burn through some holo missions to level up, what happens when I go back to the story? Will I be a level 30 mowing down level 10 mobs?

Also, how's the grouping with level gaps? i.e. if I'm 30 and my friend is 15, how bad is it? He won't get any xp or does the game not care too much?

yes thats what happens, and thats what most of us do these days (most of us with multiple level 60s)

we do the prologue, usually up to 5-6. then x-defense up to 20, then legendary quests up to 60, then story mode on all 3 difficulties for the extra points/health/spriit/retcon whatnot (some of us dont do the story at all anhmore and just ignore the extra stuff)

I dont know what happens with the xp if you group up with higher levels. the hjgher level certainly doesnt get xp (well he gets 1xp per orb) but I dont know about the low level host

Dec

There are permanent bonuses from doing the story that you get on all difficulties so if you just blast to 60 you'll want to go back through them hitting all the quests with rewards, even if just on the characters you enjoy. You won't get splinters going through if it's too low, and the gear will be equivelent to the level rating on the chapters (when you mouse over).

In your example with level gaps your friend should be fine as far as I know but if you are going down to his level you'll be affected by the same stuff I mentioned.

Vecks

Big level gaps will cause problems. It's not so much based around your level, as it is around the level of the content. So in that situation if you're doing stuff that'd be level 20ish, it might be sort of okay. IIRC, they allow about 7 level difference from the enemies.

So if you're level 30, and the enemies are level 24, you'd be okay. If the enemies are above 7 levels, they'll show up as red (too high level) I'm not sure how the xp is, but the game has penalties in terms of doing/taking damage. If you are above the enemies by 7 levels, it'll show up as white (too low level) you don't get splinters and xp will be like nothing.

In certain areas, like story mode, enemies level isn't flat, maybe 2 or 3 level difference, so some enemies might be okay and some not.

Drayco21

So, raid loot:

vDxmsH1.jpg

lol

It's beautiful. Can't wait.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Dink going on blast on the forums

"@Ravenlie: I am not lazy, Psylocke does not have Invisible Woman's body, she has her own body as I had to keep the same proportions as the old NPC model, I am sorry you are dissatisfied with my female models.

Don't worry, X23 was modeled ages ago, I will make sure not to touch her ^^

EDIT: I am also a little insulted that you say I do not "take much care" I care very much about every character I work on."

I bet Ravenlie is actually our own Hoya Destroyer :p

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

"@Ravenlie: I am not lazy, Psylocke does not have Invisible Woman's body, she has her own body as I had to keep the same proportions as the old NPC model, I am sorry you are dissatisfied with my female models.

EDIT: I am also a little insulted that you say I do not "take much care" I care very much about every character I work on."

Dink apparently has a reputation for being a little... touchy with feedback. Which I understand, it must be overwhelming to create stuff that's instantly criticized by the type of rabid nerd that frequents the official forums of an online RPG using comic book characters. And I can say that because I am one of those people that frequent said forums :p

Finaika

Ravenlie is also female.

Lord Phol

I do hope there's new stuff to loot in raids. I remember them saying that don't want items to be exclusive to raids, but having this whole new mode with awesome battles and then only getting items that you could just as well farm in MM or X-def would be a bit dissapointing.

I do hope there's new stuff to loot in raids. I remember them saying that don't want items to be exclusive to raids, but having this whole new mode with awesome battles and then only getting items that you could just as well farm in MM or X-def would be a bit dissapointing.

There will probably be exclusive artifacts, runes, etc.

Rhaknar

is there a new login screen? Im tired of Loki :(

Vecks

Whoo! Finally found a God of Mischief! For something that's not supposed to be that rare, it sure was a pain to find. I must have done it at least 30 times.
Still not sure who to give it to. I think I'll wait until the Storm review before deciding.

There will probably be exclusive artifacts, runes, etc.

Every time Gaz tries to push for stuff like boosts for parties and exclusive items to multiplayer content, the solo'ers on the forums whine a lot. I'd be really surprised if Gaz made it exclusive.

Ryolnir said:
If there is a stack of 50 of something, that is 50 gifts, FYI.

More are coming.

Yeah, that's what I figured. Still, I'd be satisfied with the free costume and free stash.

KePoW

Banned

I would laugh so hard if that was true, hahahha.

But Dink does seem to take things a little too personally.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
There will be several giftboxes where you can choose who you want to open it for. Some examples include a box of Level 60 Uniques, a box of Level 60 Uniques, and a gift containing a Hero Upgrade token. For some of the other gifts, it doesn't matter who opens it.

So they are essentially giving us random hero boxes
lol. cry.

Rhaknar

frost lives

i shall open that box of random uniques on emma even tho I have 5 uniques on her, just for the chance of finally getting tht fucking cyclops one :(

vazel

Banned

Yikes. Looks like she's new to geekdom or something? Nerds will always have their own personal preferences of how they want their favorite characters to look and behave. She shouldn't take it so personally.

Vecks

Are they changing it so that when you reach lvl 60 you get all the story rewards, like all the stat boosts (items probably not)? Or is that only for power points?

Anoregon

Are they changing it so that when you reach lvl 60 you get all the story rewards, like all the stat boosts (items probably not)? Or is that only for power points?

Where did you hear they are doing that for power points?

Lord Phol

Doomsaw Monday Notes - Quick Update:

Doomsaw said:
Quick Notes:

1. Someone mentioned to me there was concern about the improved power scaling curves and newer low-level players. To address that, please note that we scaled mobs in the early game to compensate for this very thing (it's minor, but I'll make sure it gets into the patch notes).
  2. Shared Missions will be 100% working for everyone in the next build (in 1 hour). Rewards will not be in until tomorrow's build. (Current rewards are placeholder).
  3. We fixed a bug with the Stan Lee / 365 things quest and it will work regardless of who you log in with. If you experience a problem, just region change and it will be fine.
  4. All the icons should be in the build for Omega system, so you can enjoy.
  5. The powers team has fixed a nice pile of bugs that were found yesterday and will keep working on tuning today. They are a smart bunch of people and are players #1, so I have very high confidence this will address everything before the big patch.
  6. Quick note on Omega. There are 5000 points max and 8 SHIELD Divisions unlocked right now. As we progress throughout the year and unlock more, we will give free respecs each time and may increase the point maximum as well. The system is very, very meaty and there is more to come. Enjoy.
  7. I'll give you an update later today as we go through everything and keep iterating.
Nick_Fury_Dialogue.png

Vote for playable Nick Fury!

antonz

More Anniversary awards info

There will be several giftboxes where you can choose who you want to open it for. Some examples include a box of Level 60 Uniques, a box of Level 20 Uniques, and a gift containing a Hero Upgrade token. For some of the other gifts, it doesn't matter who opens it.

There will be a tooltip that states that it will be for the hero that opens it. You can save the boxes if you want. They won't go bad.

Rhaknar

oh great, here comes the NICK FURY SECRET CHARACTER threads

Rhaknar

if you could not lump us comic book fans all in the same pot, that would be cool :p

Rhaknar

x.23 looks so good, they need to hurry up :(

RUHNOpk.png

swXHsGQ.png

HHePSB4.png

dat jacket costume, oh lordy. Shes legal in the comics right? :p

Rhaknar

actually more excited for her now that Im playing Wolverine, they really nail the feeling of stabby stabby sniky snikt

Teggy

Her face looks weird in that first one. The second one is more what I would expect her to look like.

I expect they'll add the leather fang costume for her at some point as well.

Rhaknar

for something that is just a side project thats a lot of costumes already done.

Beast was never datamined right? well besides the npc

Teggy

That second costume is an alternate cover for Target X. I don't think she actually wore it in the comic, though.

x232.png~original

Damn, I hate the face on all except the 2nd one. Why did they do that?

She's a great character though. I read all of her origin stuff recently and am reading through New Mutants where she has just joined Xavier's Academy.

garath

Wow. So found that holo mission thing that is all the waves. So awesome. I got to wave 13 before I ran out of time to play. So much loot! I ran out of stash and inv space. Leveled my crafter up to 5 or 6 with it all and got my char all new gear. Went from level 9 to 13 too. Sweet.

No idea what I'm doing with my power points and black panther though. I like the energy stuff so far I think.

Top Bottom