• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Xevren

Very curious about Omega, wondering if you spec it on a per character basis or not. Since it costs a retcon I hope it's per character instead of account.

Before the BOGO sale ends, I want to but a new costume.
I'm thinking of getting 90's Cyclops or noir Daredevil. I probably prefer Cyclops' play style but that DD outfit is sexy and rarely seen.
Decisions, decisions...

Here is the *full* splash art, posted on the official forums.

9RZiuyw.png

Rogue is featured top-right, above Thor.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Very curious about Omega, wondering if you spec it on a per character basis or not. Since it costs a retcon I hope it's per character instead of account.

Has to be per character since there's pet buffs, range buffs, energy buffs etc

How's the raid bosses besides the bugged Surtur?

Oh and is it confirmed everyone gets the punisher costume? Not random?

LuuKyK

How's the raid bosses besides the bugged Surtur?

Oh and is it confirmed everyone gets the punisher costume? Not random?

The common bosses are ok. Some are ranged others melee. Not that hard to be honest. The first wave you had to go around the map killing ten of them. You get more damage from the environment (lava) than from the boss itself from what I gathered.

And I am not sure about the 365 gifts thing. You talk to an NPC but he doesnt give you 365 different items. Far from that actually. And no Punisher costume for me.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The common bosses are ok. Some are ranged others melee. Not that hard to be honest. The first wave you had to go around the map killing ten of them. You get more damage from the environment (lava) than from the boss itself from what I gathered.

And I am not sure about the 365 gifts thing. You talk to an NPC but he doesnt give you 365 different items. Far from that actually. And no Punisher costume for me.

Doesn't bode well for the costume not being random :/

Dude can you respec and see if you STILL don't get the initial 4 points back? They really should change that

Update on the anniversary and the possibility of sales. There may be new items coming out potentially every week this month for the anniversary.

From Mr. and Mrs. Brevik's stream last night when someone asked if he should use his Gs now or wait:
Mr. Brevik: "The anniversary's actually going to last the entire month. There's quite a few pretty amazing features coming out this month. We'll have pretty neat things coming out nearly every... like every week."
"There isn't going to be like, 'Oh my god! We're going to have everything 90% off! Everybody save your Gs 'cause it's going to be awesome!'"
Mrs. Brevik: "So if there is going to be something, it's going to be something new. Not like a sale or 'Everything's going to be 50% off!'"
Mr. Brevik: "Right. Exactly, exactly."

Wallach

Doesn't bode well for the costume not being random :/

Dude can you respec and see if you STILL don't get the initial 4 points back? They really should change that

It's not random, they put it in the patch notes. Not all of the anniversary gifts are hooked up on TC.

Rhaknar

Well Cage earth X is new and out soon

Death gambit for advance pack. Alejandra enhanced costume is near done, as is male captain marvel.

Those would all be new. Watch that punisher costume be just a normal new costume for sale also lol

Volimar

Death gambit for advance pack. Alejandra enhanced costume is near done, as is male captain marvel.

Those would all be new. Watch that punisher costume be just a normal new costume for sale also lol

It's just going in the grinder for me. No real interest in Punisher, unless I get it for free.

Wallach

I mean, technically it will be because anyone who doesn't log in for the anniversary gifts obviously won't get it for free.

LuuKyK

Couldn't care less for that Punisher costume honestly. I don't even own the character so I am good. Freebies are always welcome though.

Rhaknar

5 free unstable molecules? Fuck yeah, that's 2 costume blends motherfucker!

....for costumes I don't need because I now have pretty much every costume I like >_>

Can always save the blends when there's new ones out o/

Edit: I usually don't care about official forum theories, but they kinda have a point here... Seems doomsaw or ryolnir (both?) said there is a unannounced hero in the new splash screen... SS was announced with the advance pack, so we are assuming Rogue here. But recently brevik said she was officially the 12th pack hero in the mmorpg AMA, so is that a official announcement?

Dudes in the forum are speculating it's Groot and...err...it actually makes sense? As a 200 splinter hero for example he would be easy to do, he only says 1 thing, his model is done, they can use animations from his moves as a summon...and he's in a movie soon. Can it be?

Edit: ryolnir now saying he didn't know brevik announced Rogue in the AMA so there is no unannounced in the art. Either he want to keep the surprise going because people figured it out, or more likely it was just Rogue since to be honest, Gaz are fucking terrible at coordinating announcements lol

Such a massive lineup when you put it like that.

Going to be a great week.

And long weekend coming up in Australia too. Awww yeah.

Desperately looking forward to this long weekend. I'm stoked, because the due date for my final take-home exam was extended to Friday week, instead of this Friday. I can spend a little more time collecting splinters and the like before the patch now.

Rhaknar

Raid loot lockout is per hero, not account. Expected but good that it's confirmed

Rhaknar

Oh man I'm excited. I just so happen to have off from work on Wednesday too, so I know what I'm gonna be doing just about all day. Sweet!

You are of course assuming that the servers won't be completely fucking borked, which I very much doubt

hey guys im gonna play Ms Marvel that i unlocked earlier after i eat and watch Game of Thrones
build reccomendation
Tank or hybrid build?

Mine was hybrid tank/energy dps but with the extra points I could probably make her proper tank and keep the dmg

EDIT: I forgot to mention I saw a GAF supergroup member over the weekend too. First time I've seen one of you guys running around.

Who's "limejello" ? Didn't know them from usernames I see regularly in here.

You are of course assuming that the servers won't be completely fucking borked, which I very much doubt

I reeeeally hope all that downtime we endured last week won't have been for nothing.

Had a raid run on test center that ended in a bugged Surtur (last boss) chamber. He never showed up and we were like, Doomsaw fix this shit. lmao It was pretty funny, but quite challenging. There is lava all over the place and you have to stand on some safe spots which makes you use your ranged abilities and plan your actions. Quite cool.

And btw the portal to enter Surtur's chamber is called "OMG SURTUR HALP" lol

I am still confused about the Omega System and how it really works. Some tiers are unlocked but have no hexes, and others need to be unlocked... Not sure. The UI is absolutely gorgeous though. Congrats to whoever did it.

So many new things. Overwhelmed by all this. Excellent job Gaz.

Well guess I'm not going to raids. My PC gets 2 FPS (regardless of settings) in MM I imagine the raid will be the same.

Rhaknar

They really should have flat out said "there is no surprise hero" by now. The amount of disappointment this Wednesday will be glorious, and although people had no reason to hype themselves up like they are on the forums, but still, they could have easily done a simple "guys there is no surprise hero, but there's lots of other goodies" type post.

No, I don't believe for a second there will be a surprise hero

Lord Phol

Did not expect these new power point changes. While having more points it nice for powering up your hero it doesn't really add variety like stated, rather makes it so every build is a little more the same. The new scaling sounds nice though, and perhaps that's going to counter all the new points, since hopefully you will want to use the new points to max powers that you only put 1 point in before the patch.

Rhaknar

Did not expect these new power point changes. While having more points it nice for powering up your hero it doesn't really add variety like stated, rather makes it so every build is a little more the same. The new scaling sounds nice though, and perhaps that's going to counter all the new points, since hopefully you will want to use the new points to max powers that you only put 1 point in before the patch.

All I care is that I can max out powers I couldn't before, like passives or even basics, my specs will likely stay the same for 95% of the cases

Gonna suck when all my heroes get reset and I can't remember the specs I had on half of them

Lord Phol

All I care is that I can max out powers I couldn't before, like passives or even basics, my specs will likely stay the same for 95% of the cases

I almost always max out passives :p, not on GR though so he's probably going to feel a bit tankier, but perhaps you're right specs probably won't change too much. Will have to try it out live before I pass judgement!

KePoW

Banned
They really should have flat out said "there is no surprise hero" by now. The amount of disappointment this Wednesday will be glorious, and although people had no reason to hype themselves up like they are on the forums, but still, they could have easily done a simple "guys there is no surprise hero, but there's lots of other goodies" type post.

No, I don't believe for a second there will be a surprise hero

Why you always have low expectations???

You should get hyped about stuff!! Even if it doesn't come to pass

Rhaknar

Why you always have low expectations???

You should get hyped about stuff!! Even if it doesn't come to pass

because im 35, I know how real life works :p

no expectations, no disapointments, I get enough of those in my real life

also, if im wrong, its a win-win ^_^

I almost always max out passives :p, not on GR though so he's probably going to feel a bit tankier, but perhaps you're right specs probably won't change too much. Will have to try it out live before I pass judgement!

I always get defensive passives, now I can get offensive ones too :)

garath

Do you need to have a level 30 character BEFORE the anniversary or achieving it during the event will be good enough? I don't think I can get to 30 before Wed. :(

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Do you need to have a level 30 character BEFORE the anniversary or achieving it during the event will be good enough? I don't think I can get to 30 before Wed. :(

By the 12th, I imagine.

And why? It literally takes like an hour to get to 30 if you just do holo-sim to 20 then some legendary quests.

garath

By the 12th, I imagine.

And why? It literally takes like an hour to get to 30 if you just do holo-sim to 20 then some legendary quests.

Hmm.. well I'm a complete newbie to the game. Just started yesterday. Been mulling my way through story mode. Not even sure what a holo-sim is or where to get legendary quests :)

But hey, as long as I have a shot at those anniversary rewards I'll be happy. Those look awesome.

Dec

Hmm.. well I'm a complete newbie to the game. Just started yesterday. Been mulling my way through story mode. Not even sure what a holo-sim is or where to get legendary quests :)

But hey, as long as I have a shot at those anniversary rewards I'll be happy. Those look awesome.

Use a terminal and change the tab at the top to challenges to go to holo-sim. You unlock legendary quests at level 20 and are automatically assigned one. Press L to access your quests and in the "Hints" section it will tell you what you need to do. If you don't want to do it, you can reroll for some credits until you get something you want.

Shit. Jugg just gave me my first Cable death at 57 :(

Top Bottom