• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Dec

Her initial passive is really solid, but her two procs are aimed for a very small amount of hybrid builds, so she isn't very useful in general. Drax is purely melee based, but his procs suffer from uptime issues. For 600 splinters you'll want these two on companion or assist.

Gamora seems very good for Moon Knight.

Who is my main. :(

Dec

He's one of the few she's great for, so go for it!

I've planned to get her and managed to farm 800 splinters for SL + her tomorrow but last minute the price was increased :(. Only other hero I really want to try is Iron Man and he's the same amount of splinters and a full hero rather than essentially passive buffs, so seems dumb to get a team up over Iron Man.

On another note, you play IM a lot, general opinion?

Who are considered the best characters to run solo Cosmic Terminals?

I've heard people in the past say SG is ridiculously good? What sort of build/gear does she need to be OP for Cosmics?

On another note, you play IM a lot, general opinion?

Still one of the best characters in the game. Great offense (AoE and ST), respectably good defense, and high mobility make him good for farming all content. He hasn't even had his 52R yet either, which should result in a buff to his Ult and Sig.

Still one of the best characters in the game. Great offense (AoE and ST), respectably good defense, and high mobility make him good for farming all content. He hasn't even had his 52R yet either, which should result in a buff to his Ult and Sig.

I keep meaning to go back to my IM and gear him up.

I raved about IM when I played him.

And Hulkbuster FTW.

Blank!

I've heard people in the past say SG is ridiculously good? What sort of build/gear does she need to be OP for Cosmics?

Depends on what you're doing/what terminals. Honestly, with a large enough 'stable' of heroes, it's not all that hard to get 1 bounty/rush boss, burn your ultimate and just DPS them down (unless you have a shitty ultimate like deadpool :-( ).

I tend to favor people with teleports so I can shortcut as well, but a zigg is an easy enough replacement item. Spiderman is one of my better rushers. Wolverine would be better with better AoE but his leaping slash still feels awkward as hell to me. Thing is surprisingly good (stupidly powerful ultimate). Rocket is my go-to choice for cosmic Kingpin, summoner rocket incredibly powerful for fights like that.

Depends on what you're doing/what terminals. Honestly, with a large enough 'stable' of heroes, it's not all that hard to get 1 bounty/rush boss, burn your ultimate and just DPS them down (unless you have a shitty ultimate like deadpool :-( ).

I tend to favor people with teleports so I can shortcut as well, but a zigg is an easy enough replacement item. Spiderman is one of my better rushers. Wolverine would be better with better AoE but his leaping slash still feels awkward as hell to me. Thing is surprisingly good (stupidly powerful ultimate). Rocket is my go-to choice for cosmic Kingpin, summoner rocket incredibly powerful for fights like that.

Haha, that's what I'm stuck with - Deadpool as my max geared character. Reeeeeally hanging on the hope that they give him a nice Ultimate to replace the 5 second duration boss freeze crap he's got now. You mention it, but I like him for the teleport. He just can't effectively take the bosses out once he gets there.

Spider-Man was next on my gear-up list, so maybe I'll try him. I didn't mind Thing actually, so maybe it's worth gearing him up too and seeing how he goes. Cheers.

KePoW

Banned
Haha, that's what I'm stuck with - Deadpool as my max geared character. Reeeeeally hanging on the hope that they give him a nice Ultimate to replace the 5 second duration boss freeze crap he's got now. You mention it, but I like him for the teleport. He just can't effectively take the bosses out once he gets there.

Spider-Man was next on my gear-up list, so maybe I'll try him. I didn't mind Thing actually, so maybe it's worth gearing him up too and seeing how he goes. Cheers.

I thought DP Ultimate has a 20 or 30 second buff on it now??

Hey can you get on and play right now?

TP to the boss with Deadpool then switch to a
real
character to blow them up.

KePoW

Banned
Not against bosses.

At work mate, sorry.

I just logged on and checked DP's Ultimate, it does give a 20+ second Damage buff now. That's not bad at all anymore:

iCse96GjdGMxw.jpg

I'd put Black Panther high on the list due to his speed and permanent invisibility. You literally skip everything but the final boss, and he's near the very top of the list in terms of DPS burst.

Drayco21

From the future updates thread:

KAINE PARKER

If they do decide to do Kaine Parker he will be his own character most likely.

YES. Truly there is a god, and he works on Marvel Heroes.

There's also another reference in there saying the Brevik mentioned (presumably on-stream) that they have permission to use Namor, since a source on that was requested a few pages ago

But mostly, potential playable Kaine. All is right with the world.

GManDH

From the future updates thread:

YES. Truly there is a god, and he works on Marvel Heroes.

There's also another reference in there saying the Brevik mentioned (presumably on-stream) that they have permission to use Namor, since a source on that was requested a few pages ago

But mostly, potential playable Kaine. All is right with the world.

it was on the junglequeen stream. he said in the beginning they didint have permission but now they do.

I just logged on and checked DP's Ultimate, it does give a 20+ second Damage buff now. That's not bad at all anymore:

Ohh, I thought you meant the Stun duration.

I'd put Black Panther high on the list due to his speed and permanent invisibility. You literally skip everything but the final boss, and he's near the very top of the list in terms of DPS burst.

Ooooh, actually that's a good recommendation. BP was one of the last characters I took to 60 and he was great for raw DPS.

I haven't read anything with the new Scarlet Spider, I only remember Kaine as this super violent clone version of Spidey with over the top 90s bullshit design, like spikes everywhere and a dumb looking cape, cause Spidey wasn't XTREEEEEMEEEEE enough. Usually involved in shitty clone-based stories.

That goes without saying. Any discussion regarding which character is best at anything begins with Strange.

Haha.

Drayco21

I haven't read anything with the new Scarlet Spider, I only remember Kaine as this super violent clone version of Spidey with over the top 90s bullshit design, like spikes everywhere and a dumb looking cape, cause Spidey wasn't XTREEEEEMEEEEE enough. Usually involved in shitty clone-based stories.

Chris Yost took the dumb 90's bullshit, and made it endearing. Kaine just wants to be angsty and hardcore, but his adorable and upbeat supporting cast and the universe itself just won't let him. I can't recommend Yost's Scarlet Spider and New Warriors hard enough.

Chris Yost took the dumb 90's bullshit, and made it endearing. Kaine just wants to be angsty and hardcore, but his adorable and upbeat supporting cast and the universe itself just won't let him. I can't recommend Yost's Scarlet Spider and New Warriors hard enough.

Honestly, before this post I didn't even consider reading the new Scarlet Spider cause I just knew Kaine from before and thought he was a lame character. And I've seen lots of people ask for Kaine before and not understand why haha. He wasn't even all that popular or important! But if it's cause of a good book, then I can understand it (at least somewhat :p).
It sounds intriguing. I might have to give it a look.

We really dont need another SpiderMan. I mean, SpiderMan, SpiderWoman, Arachne... Good lord.

Spider-Woman and Arachne are about 100% different from Spider-Man, beyond the spider themed name/look and general superhuman strength/durability/etc.
Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew) can fly, has the ability to fire venomous blasts (she's also immune to poisons) and has pheromones with which she can more or less mind control other people.
Arachne/Spider-Woman II/Madame Web II (Julia Carpenter) has a healing factor, a heightened sense of touch, can construct solid shapes via psionic energy (similar to Psylocke, but Julia's usually manifest themselves into webs), and, now as Madame Web, also has telepathy, telekinesis, clairvoyance, precognition, and astral projection.

As you can see, beyond the names, Spider-Man, Spider-Woman and Arachne are extremely different in how their powers work, and would also translate entirely different into the game.

You should rather complain about how many people use guns, swords and/or martial arts, because there's only so many sword users you can do and make them different enough.

LuuKyK

Two of the people you listed aren't men.

And one of them has zero relation or similarity to Spider-Man :lol

Yeah lol. That didn't make sense Luke!!!

Spider-Woman and Arachne are about 100% different from Spider-Man, beyond the spider themed name/look and general superhuman strength/durability/etc.
Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew) can fly, has the ability to fire venomous blasts (she's also immune to poisons) and has pheromones with which she can more or less mind control other people.
Arachne/Spider-Woman II/Madame Web II (Julia Carpenter) has a healing factor, a heightened sense of touch, can construct solid shapes via psionic energy (similar to Psylocke, but Julia's usually manifest themselves into webs), and, now as Madame Web, also has telepathy, telekinesis, clairvoyance, precognition, and astral projection.

As you can see, beyond the names, Spider-Man, Spider-Woman and Arachne are extremely different in how their powers work, and would also translate entirely different into the game.

You should rather complain about how many people use guns, swords and/or martial arts, because there's only so many sword users you can do and make them different enough.

image.php

Lame.

Ok, you guys got me. But STILL, they are kinda similar. So please dont kill me.

I just want more varied characters, as Red mentioned, not only all these alt Spiders but also all these gun/sword users just feel way too samey.

Although I still want Elektra, so I kinda feel like I am contradicting myself. ;_;

Should I hold on to my old event items? I have many pieces for the hot dog, 96 harddrives and a hundred something shells. I know the shells will be back for late summer, but should I get rid of my 6 fully loaded dogs + ingredients and use my drives now?

Also, did they get rid of the rainbow to pot of gold option? I couldn't find it when I was playing.

Should I hold on to my old event items? I have many pieces for the hot dog, 96 harddrives and a hundred something shells. I know the shells will be back for late summer, but should I get rid of my 6 fully loaded dogs + ingredients and use my drives now?

Definitely. Chances are all will come back (eventually). And they've said they won't be adding new event items to the roster.

KePoW

Banned
It's not that obscure if you like anime or watch it or whatever.

Hell, I barely even like anime and know about it.

Ah okay I don't watch any anime, I don't like the look of them at all. I don't even watch American cartoons, the last one I saw was like in middle school.

cartoons just look like they're for kidz so I'm not into them

Comics certainly got me interested in Marvel games in general. I've read comics since I was a kid (and continue to do so).

I haven't watched the recent Marvel TV/cartoons stuff, but I loved the 80's/90's TV series'; X-Men, Iron-Man, Spider-Man etc.

KePoW

Banned
Comics certainly got me interested in Marvel games in general. I've read comics since I was a kid (and continue to do so).

I haven't watched the recent Marvel TV/cartoons stuff, but I loved the 80's/90's TV series'; X-Men, Iron-Man, Spider-Man etc.

I've never even watched a single episode of the X-Men cartoons that everyone talks about in this thread. Wiki says it started in late 1992, if that's the correct one?

I graduated high school in 1994 so I'd already stopped watching cartoonz for a while by then.

I've never even watched a single episode of the X-Men cartoons that everyone talks about in this thread. Wiki says it started in late 1992, if that's the correct one?

I graduated high school in 1994 so I'd already stopped watching cartoonz for a while by then.

That's the one.

I graduated HS in 2000, but I've watched cartoons long after that as well haha.. bigkid4life.

Top Bottom