• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

KePoW

Banned
That's the one.

I graduated HS in 2000, but I've watched cartoons long after that as well haha.. bigkid4life.

ah ok hahha

Yeah I'm trying to think of the last cartoonz I watched, man I don't even know. I remember He-Man & Skeletor... Voltron... some Dungeons & Dragons cartoon.

I have no idea what years those were though.

<edit> I just looked those up in wiki and they were all from 1982 to 1985, so yeah I didn't watch any cartoonz after that. And I was 8 years old then, so I outgrew them quick

ah ok hahha

Yeah I'm trying to think of the last cartoonz I watched, man I don't even know. I remember He-Man & Skeletor... Voltron... some Dungeons & Dragons cartoon.

I have no idea what years those were though

I was watching Clone Wars a couple years ago, so that's the latest for me lol

Just as a heads up before people are confused tomorrow, the create Unstable Molecule recipe was no longer there in the final TC build they put up tonight.

KePoW

Banned
Just as a heads up before people are confused tomorrow, the create Unstable Molecule recipe was no longer there in the final TC build they put up tonight.

Personally I was against it, but I didn't say anything because it seemed like everyone else here loved the idea.

(unless the credit cost was really high, like 500k each or something)

ALf99ue.jpg

Box result.

Stoked!!

Crap roll, but at least I've finally got one and can reroll it.

Though, BUMMER about that UM recipe not making the build :( And I'd been saving all my cosmic items too. Devastated.

What's the best use of dupe uniques? 5 for a random any hero unique?
I tend to do 4 for a usable unique, like a third of the time I get any hero unique anyway.

I've been seeing more uniques not for my current hero roster drop recently, I wonder if they've "tuned" that again. It's kind of deflating seeing a unique drop and then finding out it's for a hero I have no interest in getting.

inky

I'd rather stab my eyeball than buy UMs with splinters. And I own every hero now.

I still have like 25 left as well after crafting close to 20 costumes.

Ok, you guys got me. But STILL, they are kinda similar. So please dont kill me.

How are they "kinda similar"? I've told you how different their powers are. The only similarity they have are name, spider visuals (and that's only on Arachne with her psionic webs, and they look significantly different from Spidey's web fluid) and super strength/durability/etc. And please don't say having super strength makes Spider-Woman similar to Spider-Man, because that would make basically every fucking hero similar to Spider-Man.

Venom is a LOT more similar to Spider-Man than either of the 2 main Spider-Women. Heck I'd say Moon Knight is more similar to Spider-Man than Spider-Woman and Arachne are.

KePoW

Banned
Why you always gotta have bad opinions KePoW? =\

Well I dunno about bad, but I do prefer games where you have to work or grind for progression. (at least for MP online games)

Having said that, I definitely understand not all people like that type of game design, so it's just personal preference

Dec

Achievements delayed from late June to late September or early October.

3 month delay on what was to be done for the anniversary celebrations, disappointing.

Xenocthul

Steam is now downloading the patch for me so if you're still having trouble try restarting Steam.

Edit:Apparently this is just one of the fixes Ryolnir says the patch is still in progress.

KePoW

Banned
Achievements delayed from late June to late September or early October.

3 month delay on what was to be done for the anniversary celebrations, disappointing.

I believe it's very hard & time consuming to integrate Steam Achievements with a massive online game, so I assume that's the delays

Dec

Steam is now downloading the patch for me so if you're still having trouble try restarting Steam.

Edit:Apparently this is just one of the fixes Ryolnir says the patch is still in progress.

The patch is 1.5GB so we'll know when the whole thing comes through.

I believe it's very hard & time consuming to integrate Steam Achievements with a massive online game, so I assume that's the delays

It doesn't need to use Steam achievements. Also, I think they are expanding the idea, not delaying it due to how hard it is. I just know it's the feature a lot of past players are waiting for before returning and a 3 month delay is pretty huge.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

Yeah, these aren't steam achievements.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Well I dunno about bad, but I do prefer games where you have to work or grind for progression. (at least for MP online games)

Having said that, I definitely understand not all people like that type of game design, so it's just personal preference

Yeah I know what you mean. I was (mostly) just kidding with ya because you always seem to have unpopular opinions.(Paying for UM with splinters, the Thing and the whole Zoe Saldana subject).

KePoW

Banned
It doesn't need to use Steam achievements. Also, I think they are expanding the idea, not delaying it due to how hard it is. I just know it's the feature a lot of past players are waiting for before returning and a 3 month delay is pretty huge.

Yeah, these aren't steam achievements.

I'm just assuming they're doing full integrated Steam Achievements like other games??

Isn't that the whole main reason why people want achievements, it's for the Steam integration? That's what makes achievements awesome when everything can be seen by others on your profile.

I never even considered it would not be Steam Achievements, so I would be super mad if that's the case...

KePoW

Banned
Yeah I know what you mean. I was (mostly) just kidding with ya because you always seem to have unpopular opinions.(Paying for UM with splinters, the Thing and the whole Zoe Saldana subject).

Roger, understood! You seem like a kool dude though, but yeah when the cosmic recipe was first discussed last page, it was obvious everyone else liked it so I didn't say anything

Dec

Roger, understood! You seem like a kool dude though, but yeah when the cosmic recipe was first discussed last page, it was obvious everyone else liked it so I didn't say anything

But your argument for why UM should be hard to get is where? They are required for a large amount of recipes that are nearly never used because of the cost of UMs. When is the last time you upgraded a unique? Did they add these recipes with the hope that almost no one would make use of anything but the random costume?

Also I don't think you realized that 10 cosmics for Unstable Molecules recipe was like 1.6m credits or something insane.

KePoW

Banned
But your argument for why UM should be hard to get is where? They are required for a large amount of recipes that are nearly never used because of the cost of UMs. When is the last time you upgraded a unique? Did they add these recipes with the hope that almost no one would make use of anything but the random costume?

Also I don't think you realized that 10 cosmics for Unstable Molecules recipe was like 1.6m credits or something insane.

From my standpoint, all the UM recipes I can think of (not logged in right now so I'm not sure) are very optional.

Costumes -- I'm sure everyone understands this is completely irrelevant

Upgrading Uniques -- While somewhat nice to do, I still think of this as highly optional. In the sense that anyone can farm higher level Uniques at any time. This is different than say, the Costume Core recipe. Because the ONLY way you can add stats to that is the recipe.

What else requires UMs? I don't recall, but I think they're all optional stuff.

---

If the recipe was 1.6M per use, then I have no problem with that. I think that would be balanced fine and no complaints from me.

Dec

From my standpoint, all the UM recipes I can think of (not logged in right now so I'm not sure) are very optional.

Costumes -- I'm sure everyone understands this is completely irrelevant

Upgrading Uniques -- While somewhat nice to do, I still think of this as highly optional. In the sense that anyone can farm higher level Uniques at any time. This is different than say, the Costume Core recipe. Because the ONLY way you can add stats to that is the recipe.

What else requires UMs? I don't recall, but I think they're all optional stuff.

---

If the recipe was 1.6M per use, then I have no problem with that. I think that would be balanced fine and no complaints from me.

Rerolling artifacts.

Carm

Pretty hilarious and sad reading the threads on the official forum about update not being right on Steam. Reminds me of the Civfanatics forums and their ignorance of Steam with Civ V release. You have people blaming Steam for the patch not working when it's more likely Gaz screwed up,(why am I getting 200 meg patches before the supposed fix coming shortly?). Never seen another developer screw up patching on steam like this, not that it probably hasn't happened before.

Then, I saw at least one poster post fud about Steam taking a 40% cut on sales, when it's been known to be 30% forever. On top of that, the same poster stating valve/steam takes a cut even when you stop using the steam version of the game for four months, it's baffling.

Pretty hilarious and sad reading the threads on the official forum about update not being right on Steam. Reminds me of the Civfanatics forums and their ignorance of Steam with the nest Civ release. You have people blaming Steam for the patch not working when it's more likely Gaz screwed up,(why am I getting 200 meg patches before the supposed fix coming shortly?). Never seen another developer screw up patching on steam like this, not that it probably hasn't happened before.

Then, I saw at least one poster post fud about Steam taking a 40% cut on sales, when it's been known to be 30% forever. On top of that, the same poster stating valve/steam takes a cut even when you stop using the steam version of the game for four months, it's baffling.

Don't pay mind to DarkBeast. He's this lone ranger who wages his own war of faith. Only he is ever right, and if you don't agree with him, you're wrong and dumb, even if you have the facts on your side. I've known him for a while (I was in the same guild as he was before I joined the GAF guild), and he's always been a self-righteous douchebag.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm the middle of a standard Thursday work day so all that steam crying is pretty funny to me. Of course if it STILL isn't patched and ready for me around 7 tonight, then everyone is awful forever and gaz will feel my wrath until the end times.

I'm the middle of a standard Thursday work day so all that steam crying is pretty funny to me. Of course if it STILL isn't patched and ready for me around 7 tonight, then everyone is awful forever and gaz will feel my wrath until the end times.

Well, some of us aren't in the US y'know. :p

Top Bottom