• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Vecks

Does anyone actually buy UMs? Obviously not with real money, but unless you had some mad serious spare ES hoards, you wouldn't buy UMs with them either at 25 a pop, surely.

I used to buy them with splinters when I needed to use them. That was a long time ago though because I have over 20 of them now.

So this was just added:

gqI2TeZ.png

Game changer. I bet it will be quite the credit sink.

Irobot82

I'm still not entirely sure what are Unstable Molecules useful for.

edit: Oh recycling costumes which is 100% random and upgrading Unique's? What do people recommend more?

I'm still not entirely sure what are Unstable Molecules useful for.

edit: Oh recycling costumes which is 100% random and upgrading Unique's? What do people recommend more?

also rerolling the numbers on certain items. Which in the long run is a lot easier than having to find a better one with better rolls. This will give me something to do with cosmics now that my crafters are all maxed.

KePoW

Banned
Does anyone actually buy UMs? Obviously not with real money, but unless you had some mad serious spare ES hoards, you wouldn't buy UMs with them either at 25 a pop, surely.

I have, several. But I've owned every character in a game for a really long time, so what should I spend my splinters on?

Don't you own every character too?

KePoW

Banned
I have, several. But I've owned every character in a game for a really long time, so what should I spend my splinters on?

Well to be more clear, I do keep a reserve of 600 splinters in case some secret character comes out that's not part of the Advanced Packs I own.

But anytime I'm over 600, I just immediately spend them on UMs or Ultimate Upgrades. I just bought 4 Ultimate Upgrades with splinters last week .

Mupod

I like movie rocket's voice, it's a nice change of pace after playing his old one for 80+ hours. More importantly movie groot looks great.

As much as I like Steve Blum this game has too much of him already. There have been occasions where I was playing as a character voiced by Steve Blum, summoning a team-up voiced by Steve Blum, while fighting a boss voiced by Steve Blum. And there are several characters voiced by him, two of which have been my main at times (rocket and taskmaster). So an option to use the other super-overused male video game VA instead is welcome.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
I like the costume but not a fan of Rocketpool voice. Would probably still use it though if I got it in a costume blend.

KePoW

Banned
I like movie rocket's voice, it's a nice change of pace after playing his old one for 80+ hours. More importantly movie groot looks great.

As much as I like Steve Blum this game has too much of him already. There have been occasions where I was playing as a character voiced by Steve Blum, summoning a team-up voiced by Steve Blum, while fighting a boss voiced by Steve Blum. And there are several characters voiced by him, two of which have been my main at times (rocket and taskmaster). So an option to use the other super-overused male video game VA instead is welcome.

What are all the characters in MH by him? I don't know Steve Blum by name

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
wolverine and taskmaster are legit like the same exact voice, there's barely any difference in inflection or anything.

Drayco21

wolverine and taskmaster are legit like the same exact voice, there's barely any difference in inflection or anything.

It's super weird when you compare how he played Taskmaster in Mahvel 3 and in this game- I thought he was pretty good there, but it's completely different here.

Looks like the Bark event has been extended another week.

I need a good artifact this time to wash out the nasty taste of that awful gorilla necklace I got from my last Crimson box.

Drayco21

Which is better?

I prefer the way he sounded in Mahvel 3, personally. Like Anoregon said, he sounds way too similar to Blum's Wolverine here. Whenever Tasky shows up in a book, it's the Marvel vs. Capcom 3 voice with the slight accent that I mentally read all his lines in. Not to say he's not serviceable here- he's fine, he's just different, and that's weird, because it's the same person doing the same character.

For comparison's sake Marvel Heroes Taskmaster and Mahvel 3 Taskmaster

I need a good artifact this time to wash out the nasty taste of that awful gorilla necklace I got from my last Crimson box.

Oh, awesome- gives me more time to gather up those guaranteed unique boxes.

KePoW

Banned
I prefer the way he sounded in Mahvel 3, personally. Like Anoregon said, he sounds way too similar to Blum's Wolverine here. Whenever Tasky shows up in a book, it's the Marvel vs. Capcom 3 voice with the slight accent that I mentally read all his lines in. Not to say he's not serviceable here- he's fine, he's just different, and that's weird, because it's the same person doing the same character.

Ok cool thanks for the comparisons. I own UMVC3 but never played it much, because there were hardly any females on the Marvel side

Ken

well if you wanted to gear up iron man, doing midtown bosses with rare item find boosts active is the way to do it (while midtown madness is still active).

is midtown madness still active? how do i tell.

btw is there any way to gift heroes to other players?

Ploid 3.0

Game changer. I bet it will be quite the credit sink.

The lack of Unstable Molecules was the only reason people reached max credit with nothing to spend it on. I've started rerolling legendary quests until I got one that takes place in Midtown because it didn't seem to hurt my near 3mil credits since I'd just get that amount back after a few events.

Drayco21

It seems like there's a lot of animation changes between based helmet Star-Lord and the MCU costume, between the basic effects and the ultimate. Way more than I'd expect from a traditional costume. I wonder if we'll see more stuff like this in new costumes going forward.

Lord Phol

This is cool (attack animations change with costume)

yXPC4NU.png

JuR01dl.png
This is great, totally what I would like to see more of, especially on enhanced costumes. The only negative aspect is that I was planning on using his default costume but the guns just look and sound way better on his movie one c.c. A bit dissapointed in the kree subs, but the variation will at least be nice!

New ballin' slot 2 any hero unique also:

BqwyBkP.png
Sweeet! Though with my luck I'll probably find my first one in a year or so >>.

Did the hotdog drops stop? I was trying to save up for the cart and haven't noticed any pieces dropping lately.

Also, I know the shells are coming back at the end of the summer. Have the other events ever repeated like that? I got a bunch of drives I haven't used.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The bonux XP for having 60s is hidden? I don't see bonus XP up in synergy screen.

It's not in the synergy screen, It's towards the bottom of the character stats sheet.

Mupod

That looks pretty freakin sweet. Why is everyone saying Star-Lord sucks then?

His elemental tree is buggy and does extremely bad damage for the complex gameplay and keybinds required. I'm sure they'll review it but...well, they have what, a day or two before live?

He's quite capable if you stick to his other two trees. Very little in the way of defenses though, he gets some defense from his spartoi passive and has some CC from cryo grenade. It seems odd they wouldn't tie some defensive effects into the element gun.

either way I'm gonna level him with an elemental spec to try and figure out how to use it.

Xevren

Sucks hearing about Star-Lords elemental tree being poo. Going to get him when he comes out at launch anyway, still riding that GotG high.

ive bought several with splinters to craft costumes

I bought one two days ago. I needed one more to craft a costume when I got a blah costume from the random on the BOGO costume deal.

I used to buy them with splinters when I needed to use them. That was a long time ago though because I have over 20 of them now.

Well there ya go. Colour me surprised haha..

I have like 800 splinters now, but with characters and team-ups every month, there's no way I'd blow my Splinters on crafting ingredients.

Yeah, but reiterating my point above, I want to keep up with having every character too. At the moment, I'm doing that by saving them.

Well that's good at least. After missing the weekend, I was cutting it fine (though still would have managed to make one box - I'm on 12 now! Should have it tonight).

Dec

Got up to 800 splinters for Star-lord and Drax or Gamora, depends on passives, and got some odin marks put away to get a legendary for Star-lord. Hope he is still coming out tomorrow and his elemental gun has been tuned properly by release.

Edit... the new team ups are 600 splinters now?

Edit... the new team ups are 600 splinters now?

Unfortunately, yeah.

Not sure what I'm going to do with the team-ups yet, as I haven't decided whether I'm going to pair Star-Lord up with Drax or Gamora - and I don't have 1000 Splinters anyway.

Probably wait and see who people think is the better value of the two (or I might crack out the CC again haha)..

Yea I may just not get either of them. Rather use the splinters on Iron Man for the same amount.

Their passives aren't that great if you plan on keeping them in away mode. Gamora though has lovely animations (Flashing Blade specifically) in active mode. If you haven't seen them already, here is what they offer:

Drax -

ro4OubC.png
sMsX1Xb.png
2qp4GKA.png

Gamora -

YvfyO4K.png
vA9KC5F.png
i8T6LAS.png

Her initial passive is really solid, but her two procs are aimed for a very small amount of hybrid builds, so she isn't very useful in general. Drax is purely melee based, but his procs suffer from uptime issues. For 600 splinters you'll want these two on companion or assist.

Top Bottom