• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

I haven't been playing much the past week or two but man I am pumped for starlord and new rocket.

I'm crazy hyped for all the Guardians stuff to be honest. Team-Ups and all.

It's been one of my favourite comic runs in the new Marvel NOW! lineup, and I'm looking forward to playing everyone in MH.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so what happens if you have the groot team up and you summon groot as Rocket?

so what happens if you have the groot team up and you summon groot as Rocket?

You cannot summon your Groot if the TU version is out already, and vice versa.

So is Star-Lord no fun?

His only good spec (as of today) has a very basic and simple playstyle, but we'll see what happens tomorrow when they get around to implementing some proper changes to the Element Gun tree. That tree will have to be Star Lord's saving grace as a playable character because he has nothing in his other trees.

Ragnaroz

His only good spec (as of today) has a very basic and simple playstyle, but we'll see what happens tomorrow when they get around to implementing some proper changes to the Element Gun tree. That tree will have to be Star Lord's saving grace as a playable character because he has nothing in his other trees.
Just because you don't enjoy that playstyle, it doesn't mean other people don't. Element Gun does need some fixes, I agree with that.

So this was just added:

gqI2TeZ.png

Just because you don't enjoy that playstyle, it doesn't mean other people don't. Element Gun does need some fixes, I agree with that.

Who said anything about enjoyment?

Mupod

So this was just added:

gqI2TeZ.png

Who said anything about enjoyment?

MEGATON

unstable molecules really, really needed a change. I had like 20 when I came back and used them foolishly since I had no idea the droprate was so much worse than near launch. Right now I've been sitting on one of them for days waiting for another drop so I can run some costumes through the blender.

Really happy to see that recipe, they have also been dropping for me lately. Got like 3 yesterday.

Kills me that I had 5 in my inventory just before I jumped on here before and they're sold now lol..

Anyway, should be good going forward.

Haven't seen any conformation of this though, official forums/test centre?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
that unstable molecule recipe is a fucking megaton if I ever saw one

Dec

So... don't talk to the dora at the end of man ape before opening the chest. Idk if it was changed but I clicked her before I opened the chest and it took me to a loading screen that never completed. Had to end process.

Edit: loaded into the beginning of man ape with the instance cleared, ran to the end and the cosmic chest is gone, no loot on the ground and I have to talk to her again.

Really happy to see that recipe, they have also been dropping for me lately. Got like 3 yesterday.
I've been seeing much more of them than before as well, I've gotten three while leveling Deadpool over the course of the few days or so. Previously I felt like I hadn't seen one in eons.

Not sure if these drops are just insane luck or they've increased the drop rate to less ridiculously low, and it will actually be possible to reroll, unbind and upgrade things more often.

Ken

What's worth keeping in my stash and what's not? My stash is filled up but I have no idea what the general rule is on what's safe to trash. I can post images later of it.

Volimar

Should I dump costume cores?

Usually, yes. Your character can only use certain cores depending on the nature of their power set. You might hold on to a core with spectacular stats, but another one will be along soon enough for most stats so it's okay to dump all of them except the best one you have if you intend on using it for your character.

Rhaknar

Crazier things have happened, but yeah.

Does anyone actually buy UMs? Obviously not with real money, but unless you had some mad serious spare ES hoards, you wouldn't buy UMs with them either at 25 a pop, surely.

ive bought several with splinters to craft costumes

Ken

Usually, yes. Your character can only use certain cores depending on the nature of their power set. You might hold on to a core with spectacular stats, but another one will be along soon enough for most stats so it's okay to dump all of them except the best one you have if you intend on using it for your character.

any general good stats combos to look out for?

Volimar

any general good stats combos to look out for?

I'll leave that for the more experienced to answer better, but some cores will be more useful than others. If your hero deals physical damage and you get a core that buffs energy damage, it's not going to be very useful.

GManDH

jFiEZKH9lyZPe.png

yay my first 60. now what

its under your stats. and also even though u just 60 a character, did u perfect it? did u get the best gear? did u get the best medal? did u get the best artifacts? thats what most ppl do, that or just REPEAT OVER AND OVER!!!

PS if you REALLY like the character, prestige is also an option.

Ken

I do like Iron Man so I might come back to him and gear him up for end game, though I need to read up a lot on that before actually getting to it.

For now though I'd like to try out some of the newer heroes or heroes I haven't played yet, like Cyclops for his synergy bonus.

Mupod

well if you wanted to gear up iron man, doing midtown bosses with rare item find boosts active is the way to do it (while midtown madness is still active).

for stash usage, I keep all uniques. When I get 6 dupes of a unique, I keep the best one and turn in 5 either for a random unique or 500k credits - I did some turn-ins for relics and got 100 skrullos relics for my trouble. So beware that option.

I also keep most artifacts that look like they might be useful. That's a whole general tab right there. Runes and relics take up a tab by themselves, and I keep a stock of crafting mats for putting affixes on costume cores.

Cosmic rings and insignias go in my character stash tabs. Sub-60 gear I plan to use on leveling characters (level 30 cosmic medals for example) goes in that little team-up inventory window for easy access.

Costume cores are iffy. I don't keep sub-60 ones but I have regretted throwing 60 ones out in the past...particularly the 10 million m'kraan shards I got on Rocket when I first hit 60. Wish I had kept some of those for star-lord.

Ploid 3.0

Crazier things have happened, but yeah.

Does anyone actually buy UMs? Obviously not with real money, but unless you had some mad serious spare ES hoards, you wouldn't buy UMs with them either at 25 a pop, surely.

I bought one two days ago. I needed one more to craft a costume when I got a blah costume from the random on the BOGO costume deal.

Top Bottom