• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Anyone having trouble with their boosts being messed around?

I popped two XP boosts tonight - or so I thought - only to get two RIF boosts applied.

And I notice that my active boons are messed around too. XP is coming up green, RIF is coming up yellow and SIF is coming up pink.

Dec

Used a retcon on Moon Knight and switched over to this build, and holy shit I can't believe how much damage I'm doing. It's ridiculous.

Use the same build, also recommend it.

Anyone having trouble with their boosts being messed around?

I popped two XP boosts tonight - or so I thought - only to get two RIF boosts applied.

And I notice that my active boons are messed around too. XP is coming up green, RIF is coming up yellow and SIF is coming up pink.

Boost colors were changed a week or two ago to match the color of the thing they boost.

KePoW

Banned
Hey all, I'm on media blackout because of GotG, including keeping the in-game chat closed; just wanted to say that, with a 44% chance of a new hero; I opened a new random box and got Psylocke! :)

Just wanted to say this to make kepow sad.

I was just about to reply immediately after reading your first paragraph, but then I read your last sentence and you already got it covered =(((

Regarding chat, you can individually select which type chat you want to turn off. For example, you can leave guild chat on while turning off Social / Trade / LFG, etc... that's what I do

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Love this build. I put more into his basic punch though since I run low on spirit sometimes and it gets a bonus against bleeding targets.

Yeah, I'm considering burning another retcon to swap Celestial Gauntlet for the basic punch (I've got like six of them, so burning one more won't hurt). Not entirely sure if that's a great idea, but yeah, I'm running out of spirit way too often.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
After the Rocket Raccoon flop I'd love to have Squirrel Girl to fall back on. I'll probably limp back to Emma Frost or something until they re review RR.

There are always some fixes/adjustments to freshly released/reviewed characters a week or so after they launch. A re-review certainly isn't necessary.

Yeah, I'm considering burning another retcon to swap Celestial Gauntlet for the basic punch (I've got like six of them, so burning one more won't hurt). Not entirely sure if that's a great idea, but yeah, I'm running out of spirit way too often.

You definitely want to max Cestus Gauntlet. That is your main damage power while your sig is recharging...I put more into the basic punch.

Edit: here's my build that works great.

Without and with gear:

vO5MF9d.jpg

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
You definitely want to max Cestus Gauntlet. That is your main damage power while your sig is recharging...I just put more than one point into the basic punch.

Hm, yeah, I guess you're right. Will probably just end up reconfiguring my hotbar and putting basic punch on LMB and Cestus Gauntlet on the bar. Since I only ever use CG for bosses, I don't think I use it often enough to keep it on a mouse button (I usually end up using Crescent Darts on RMB for mobs, while alternating between Bolas, Truncheons, and Crescent Sweep).

Dec

Maht's Arrow Head is required to keep spirit up on that build, I rarely have problems. When I do I can use a medkit for the spirit on medkit use. MK benefits from being as low spirit as possible also.

Maht's Arrow Head is required to keep spirit up on that build, I rarely have problems. When I do I can use a medkit for the spirit on medkit use. MK benefits from being as low spirit as possible also.

Not if you're doing avatar of vengeance instead of the spirit based one (and you should).

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

Yeah, thankfully I just happened to have a Maht when I retcon'd. Really I think it's just more that I haven't quite learned how to properly play the build quite yet. And I'm not 60 either (I'm 38), so I don't have the full allotment of points to use. But still, it's way, waaaaay better than the aimless, "put points in whatever seems like it works" build I had been using. :lol

KePoW

Banned
After the Rocket Raccoon flop I'd love to have Squirrel Girl to fall back on. I'll probably limp back to Emma Frost or something until they re review RR.

They are not going to completely re-review RR, that's just not happening.

Of course they will adjust numbers on the current powers, but they're not going to re-design new powers anymore.

Ploid 3.0

There are always some fixes/adjustments to freshly released/reviewed characters a week or so after they launch. A re-review certainly isn't necessary.

Yeah I meant tweaks to this review. They have to at least fix the ultimate bug before people figure out how to replicate it.

What don't you like about RR now? I love him as a gunner. (which is what I really wanted)

The blaster turrets quickened attacks at deployment didn't seem to help them. The battery passive gives turrets a extra summon and calls two at a time. That's neat but it seem to be the best thing about it. The blasters aren't that awesome to be the main focus of that passive, sure it gives PET damage% but that thing even with 200ish% don't seem to be that amazing (I await the active part of the battery passive that was supposed to deploy all turrets at once. Suppression, blaster, slow field, r.i.p. shield). The blasters do provide some extra meat shields though, not that meat shields are needed in this game often.

The signature is a laser line of sight ability. A lot of crap can get in the way of your target, and it has a small radius. His ground dot is a nice added ability but it's damage is low and the slow is not that useful with everything else making mobs CC immune already.

I think he's designed to be a bit weak because he can get away from threats easy if he try, but when you put him in situations where he has to kill fast due to timers he's screwed (DPS check raids). That limits him. He's good for trash, but who isn't.

Mainly, there seem to be stuff missing from what they said they would give him. He had to have his review before the movie was out. I know they have some stuff to fix on him and Starlord. Mainly rocket's damage. Oh I almost forgot that Gaus Rifle, they removed his other charged attack which could cause more damage feeding off of his shield, but the new one is the old one just without the shield damage buff. It gives gun abilities a base damage buff for a few seconds. Stop gunning for a charge that gives a damage rating around 300 for a few shots or keep shooting? Other stuff like this makes it seem like Rocket's review was kicked out of the door.

Dec

huh I must have missed that...it's pretty easy to purposefully get your spirit low especially against a boss with Cestus Gauntlet.

They both give the same passives.

The difference between the Avatars is one reduces you to 1hp (gaining crit rating and crit damage) but your skills still cost spirit, the other is you are reduced to 1 spirit (increasing damage rating) and your hp is unchanged, skills cost no spirit.

Crit damage is more valuable than straight damage rating because it scales better, so people recommend going that route. The other avatar isn't just bad though, some players use it, and I've been tempted before with the Avatar of Vengeance just straight up killing you sometimes.

I don't think it's particularly hard to stay low spirit on MK, or that he is very hard to play in general, there's just a learning curve to knowing what he can take. In order for him to be at his best he needs to be as close as possible to 30% hp and around the same or lower spirit at all times but not die, because that hurts your dps more than anything. High risk, high reward because staying that low on hp for a whole Kurse fight without dying is where the skill and experience comes in.

Edit: Kind of want to say how disappointed I am that none of these got fixed in that recent power patch:

Idol of Khonshu gives it's 948 damage rating proc on every bounce of your Truncheon, while our built in proc only gives it on the first target hit.

Dying immediately after using Avatar of Vengeance.

Activating Avatar of Vengeance and the animation plays but it doesn't actually do anything. Sometimes loses favour on top of that.

Sig sometimes ends before the execute. Happens on Wolverine and Star-Lord (?).

Ragnaroz

It does happen on SL. His ult just doesn't fire sometimes, but it does waste your cd. Can be quite annoying, but luckily, it doesn't happen very often.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Okay, so I need some advice here. I'm out of storage space. Like, completely out. I have two STASH tabs, the second one being the one they gave out for free a couple months back during the anniversary thing. The thing is, I stupidly opened up a bunch of those anniversary gifts, not realizing that nearly everything in them was Lv. 60 stuff that I won't be able to use for a long time. So now it's all just sitting around eating up storage space and I'm not sure what to do with it. Should I get rid of a bunch of it?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
From the 52 review thread:

Iron Man this week - no major changes expected, but a few relatively small things and actually getting his ultimate and signature (One Off) into the proper levels.

KePoW

Banned
Iron Man this week - no major changes expected, but a few relatively small things and actually getting his ultimate and signature (One Off) into the proper levels.

What's wrong with One Off? Last time I played IM a few months ago, it still did good damage and was fine

KePoW

Banned
Frostinferno said:
House Party should be like Cage's 'Hero's Call' and placed in his Defense tree.

If they do that, they'll have to tone down the damage a lot. It does way too much for a normal power. Hero's Call does not do much damage.

Anoregon

What's wrong with One Off? Last time I played IM a few months ago, it still did good damage and was fine

The quote means literal levels (level 30 sig, level 52 ult), not power levels. One-off is fine.

Mupod

I want to try out raids and I have multiple geared characters, but apparently green raids are still too hard to expect anything out of just queueing up with randoms. Are there gaf groups that run them? I don't suppose I'd have any chance of getting in on that since I'm not in the supergroup, and I'm not leaving the one I'm in with friends.

Wish this game had chat channels like diablo 2 or something like final fantasy linkshells.

Anoregon

I want to try out raids and I have multiple geared characters, but apparently green raids are still too hard to expect anything out of just queueing up with randoms. Are there gaf groups that run them? I don't suppose I'd have any chance of getting in on that since I'm not in the supergroup, and I'm not leaving the one I'm in with friends.

Wish this game had chat channels like diablo 2 or something like final fantasy linkshells.

There actually is an LFG channel

Vecks

Okay, so I need some advice here. I'm out of storage space. Like, completely out. I have two STASH tabs, the second one being the one they gave out for free a couple months back during the anniversary thing. The thing is, I stupidly opened up a bunch of those anniversary gifts, not realizing that nearly everything in them was Lv. 60 stuff that I won't be able to use for a long time. So now it's all just sitting around eating up storage space and I'm not sure what to do with it. Should I get rid of a bunch of it?

Are they just uniques? Best to just save the good ones for characters you like to play. Most any-hero uniques aren't all that great, about equal to a decent cosmic item, so you can scrap them, or see if you can exchange them at the crafter if you have dupes. Some of the anniversary stuff is truly unique though, like the doomsaw, which I don't think you can't get anymore if you scrap it, so you might want to hold onto those.

Why_not_both.jpg

PC is more of an Ultimate level attack anyway. House Party should be like Cage's 'Hero's Call' and placed in his Defense tree.

Proton Cannon is a non-canon invention by Capcom (whew both kinds of can(n)on in one sentence). I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if Marvel just disallowed it from being used as a power. "We don't want Iron Man using a giant gun."

I meant private channels. I'm always in the LFG channel but I never see learning groups for raids.

So start one yourself. I'm sure there would be plenty of people interested in doing it. I coincidentally would love to run a raid with the GAF supergroup sometime soon.

Nibiru

Banned
Just started playing this last week. I played in the beta and hated it but it feels much better now. All I know is that I'm having a lot of fun and have spent $40 on it so far ><

I have the enhanced movie RR, Scarlett Witch, Jean, Silver Surfer, Dr Strange and Wolverine that bogo thing really got me buying heroes lol.

Atm I really like Wolverine but am scared to ask how he is later. Also is he getting a revamp like the others or did he get one not long ago?

Just started playing this last week. I played in the beta and hated it but it feels much better now. All I know is that I'm having a lot of fun and have spent $40 on it so far ><

I have the enhanced movie RR, Scarlett Witch, Jean, Silver Surfer, Dr Strange and Wolverine that bogo thing really got me buying heroes lol.

Atm I really like Wolverine but am scared to ask how he is later. Also is he getting a revamp like the others or did he get one not long ago?

He already got one. Also looks like you got yourself a really good set of heroes already.

Blank!

So start one yourself. I'm sure there would be plenty of people interested in doing it. I coincidentally would love to run a raid with the GAF supergroup sometime soon.

I keep meaning to do this but keep not having the time, when I do have the time, nobody is online so go figure.

Drayco21

Potential console port? Considering how terrible my laptop is, this would be a godsend for me- just as long as I keep all my progress- this is the first f2p I've really put any money into.

Just walked out of Guardians, surprised at how much I enjoyed it- really did justice to the series. Think I'll use the movie Star-Lord costume for a little while tonight.

Top Bottom