• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Potential console port? Considering how terrible my laptop is, this would be a godsend for me- just as long as I keep all my progress- this is the first f2p I've really put any money into.

Just walked out of Guardians, surprised at how much I enjoyed it- really did justice to the series. Think I'll use the movie Star-Lord costume for a little while tonight.

This is the important bit; they'd need to have some parity between the two versions. I'd like to be able to log in from either device and still see the same stuff.

Probably gets back to what Ploid was saying, and whether they could release these big patches every week on the PS4 or not.

If they released this for the PS4 I'd be so pumped, just because then I'd know some of my non pc friends would be able to play it also. Of course....if I can't use my current account it would all be for nothing.

Rolled the Arnim Zola ESP Box last night from my Crimson Box.

Meh. Though after the GoK anything else was going to be a little bit disappointing haha..

That said, looking at the forums today, it seems like amthua may have this artifact on the refresh list. Fingers crossed.

KePoW

Banned
Just walked out of Guardians, surprised at how much I enjoyed it- really did justice to the series. Think I'll use the movie Star-Lord costume for a little while tonight.

Just wondering, did you expect not to like it? Seems like rotten tomato and all movie-goers have been saying it's a good movie?

Or do you not like Guardians from comix?

Drayco21

Just wondering, did you expect not to like it? Seems like rotten tomato and all movie-goers have been saying it's a good movie?

I really like the Guardians in the comics. The ones from the good series, not the skrulls pretending to be them in the Bendis book. I guess I was just worried because I'm super petty and I thought they'd draw on the modern book more.

Edit: What Relic and Legendary is everyone using for Star-Lord? I just picked up a Cosmic Control Rod, and I'm thinking Gibborim.

I really like the Guardians in the comics. The ones from the good series, not the skrulls pretending to be them in the Bendis book. I guess I was just worried because I'm super petty and I thought they'd draw on the modern book more.

So far the movies haven't based any stories on actual book stories, except for some origin parts. The closest was inspirations drawn from em. Why would they start doing direct storyline copies now?

Relic: Xandar seems like a logical choice for him for relic, and we've discussed the Legendary for him before as well. Cosmic Control Rod and Apollo's Bow seemed to be a fairly popular choice among the people who were there at the time.

Drayco21

So far the movies haven't based any stories on actual book stories, except for some origin parts. The closest was inspirations drawn from em. Why would they start doing direct storyline copies now?

I mean in terms of characterization and influence, not storylines- the current book is vastly different than anything before.

I mean in terms of characterization and influence, not storylines- the current book is vastly different than anything before.

I'm well aware about the differences, but the movie's script had been written and production had begun before Bendis took over.
It also seems that the movie writers aren't really influenced much by the interpretations of the books, particularly the modern ones.

Edit: What Relic and Legendary is everyone using for Star-Lord? I just picked up a Cosmic Control Rod, and I'm thinking Gibborim.

As mentioned above, Xandar is the logical choice.

I had none of them though (well, I had like 3 on hand), so I went with Gibborim. Had about 130 of them sitting in my inventory.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

can I ask why you keep saying "comix", are you just trolling as you tend to do, are you just lazy and 5 letter words are smaller than 6 letter words...are you a remnant from the 90s when typing stuff with Xs in the end was considered cool, what is it? Ive been dying to know

KePoW

Banned
can I ask why you keep saying "comix", are you just trolling as you tend to do, are you just lazy and 5 letter words are smaller than 6 letter words...are you a remnant from the 90s when typing stuff with Xs in the end was considered cool, what is it? Ive been dying to know

oh because I buy all my comix off a website called comiXology, so that's the word I'm use to and it seems a kool way to say it

it's a pretty sweet site if you prefer digital comix

Lord Phol

Some random weird/funny images I've taken:

C328E7D9CB9D1E749F9D3AE9C959D12EDBA6B423

Manbeard

708F2BCB574BF1FEC725968B2EE225A02C94EAD8

Meet Mr Fantastics Illegitimate son

FBEE85AA29CB60B9574CC42EA472D9C62DCFB82A

Coon-Giant!

7224B60E1802B87ECD5D1367A428CA984681CB3A

It's not the size that counts

0DC536D015F18942F047A0E1CB52216844C42D35

Don't let go!

Dec

I was leaning heavily towards M'Kraan Crystal on SL's launch but I went CCR because I seemed to be alone in it. I personally think M'Kraan would be great on him and I'll still probably max one next.

Sblargh

Banned
Welp, tried raiding yesterday with a few noobs and a few gaffers and it was fun, stuff was learned, but we were undergeared and such. Today I picked up where I left off yesterday and it was smooth-ish; other than the three wipes on surtur, everything else was a breeze.

Raiding is fun, but I'm happy that I can opt out of doing it and/or just do it once a week for the eyes; is fun, but it takes time and leads to people with bad grammar repeating over and over like some sort of trauma victim that "this is easy we got this is easy we got this".

It's a raid on a MMO, I guess. Happy that it is there and happy that it is a small part of the game.

Sblargh

Banned
Anyone know what items have area damage? I know rings can, and theres the Pluvian Conductor artifact.

Doc Ock medallion has increasead area damage and area radius; there's also something I think power prism shard that increases area damage and area radius.

Anyone know what items have area damage? I know rings can, and theres the Pluvian Conductor artifact.

There's a relic that has it. Attilan, I think? And yeah, some rings, and Pluvian Conductor and Power Prism Shard artifacts have increased area damage, as well as Doctor Octopus medals. Several uniques give increased area damage as well if I remember correctly.

Dear Gaz, buff Invisible Woman pls.

I think Sue is pretty solid. She's obviously not top tier, but she can hold her own quite solidly.

Ferny

Just got back into this after an extended break from the game. So many things to catch up on, but I'm loving what I'm seeing. They have really put in a ton of work into the game.

Thing was considered the worst for a long time, and during that time he was the first hero I got to lvl 60 :-(
I was dreading playing Ben for the longest, but finally did since I had 4 or 5 dupe tokens hogging S.T.A.S.H space. I figured it would be best to get him to 30 and use the tokens now, rather than wait for his review and need to go to 52. It was also a double exp weekend. IDK if he had been changed much over time, but I ended up enjoying him a lot. He's got tankiness, good crowd clearing attacks and strong single target DPS damage for bosses. Also, his Ult seems really strong. I'll probably end up 60ing him after I finish Jean, Cyke and Logan.

KePoW

Banned
I was dreading playing Ben for the longest, but finally did since I had 4 or 5 dupe tokens hogging S.T.A.S.H space. I figured it would be best to get him to 30 and use the tokens now, rather than wait for his review and need to go to 52. It was also a double exp weekend. IDK if he had been changed much over time, but I ended up enjoying him a lot. He's got tankiness, good crowd clearing attacks and strong single target DPS damage for bosses. Also, his Ult seems really strong. I'll probably end up 60ing him after I finish Jean, Cyke and Logan.

high-five!!

His Ult is definitely one of the strongest in the game, at least top 5 or top 3

garath

Slowly but surely I'm almost to my first 60. Basically on hold playing any and all video games with a newborn but once in awhile I get in the game and get Psylocke a few more Legendary quests. I have around 200% xp gain with all the pots I could find. She's 52 and going slowly though. :(

Lord Phol

There's a relic that has it. Attilan, I think? And yeah, some rings, and Pluvian Conductor and Power Prism Shard artifacts have increased area damage, as well as Doctor Octopus medals. Several uniques give increased area damage as well if I remember correctly.

Doc Ock medallion has increasead area damage and area radius; there's also something I think power prism shard that increases area damage and area radius.

Thanks, thought I might try to do an AoE earth and water elemental build too see just how good you can make it. Someone also mentioned Magneto was Right T-shirt, might have to get that.

Also just saw GoTG, whoooa! Did not expect it to be so good, it's up there with Avengers for me, Captain America 2 being ever so slightly behind. Kind of wish Bradley Cooper was doing Rockets voice now, but oh well costume still looks good.

Sblargh

Banned
By the way, I think Groot is the best "useful-for-everyone" team-up there is. +defense; +health; bunch of regeneration passives; and it is the cheapest one. I would recommend it for anyone without any team-up who wants someone to use with any hero.

Having extra defense and health regeneration on stuff like team-up also frees you up to build characters with more offense in mind.

By the way, I think Groot is the best "useful-for-everyone" team-up there is. +defense; +health; bunch of regeneration passives; and it is the cheapest one. I would recommend it for anyone without any team-up who wants someone to use with any hero.

Having extra defense and health regeneration on stuff like team-up also frees you up to build characters with more offense in mind.

Eh, those heal procs are both negligible. The rest is decent though so he isn't terrible for someone who only wants to drop 200 splinters on a TU, but Spidey and Firestar are still better universal choices.

bronson

I...don't think they're tradable?
I got a couple extra codes for friends from the Tom's Hardware giveaway, but they got some themselves. I was trying to find a place to trade my extras for a code from giveaways I missed (Raptr, IGN, softpedia, etc) but I'm not having any luck.

KePoW

Banned

Do any of yall use Team-Ups strictly in active infinite mode?

That's how I use all of mine, but it seems like I'm the only one lol. I want to see the comix characters I paid for, and I don't care about the min-max aspects of the game

Vecks

Do any of yall use Team-Ups strictly in active infinite mode?

That's how I use all of mine, but it seems like I'm the only one lol. I want to see the comix characters I paid for, and I don't care about the min-max aspects of the game

Only if they are ranged. If they are melee, I just go for the passive.

Maledict

Decided to give this a whirl after seeing Guardians of the Galaxy, so bought myself Star Lord and his movie costume.

This must be one of the most confusing and obtuse games in existence to come into fresh - so many stats, items, consumable a and other things. I have no real idea how to spec my character, and am just trucking along with the storyline and running around beating kooks up. One thing it does do well is allow you to plough through hordes easily.

Any advice / tips for new starters and Star Lord? (I checked the original post but it's wildly out of date now unfortunately).

KePoW

Banned
Decided to give this a whirl after seeing Guardians of the Galaxy, so bought myself Star Lord and his movie costume.

This must be one of the most confusing and obtuse games in existence to come into fresh - so many stats, items, consumable a and other things. I have no real idea how to spec my character, and am just trucking along with the storyline and running around beating kooks up. One thing it does do well is allow you to plough through hordes easily.

Any advice / tips for new starters and Star Lord? (I checked the original post but it's wildly out of date now unfortunately).

First question, have you played Diablos before? Because this is the same exact type of game, so you should be comfortable if you play lots of A-RPGs

Check out the marvelheroes.com forums for character specific builds an advice. The Reddit forum is also a good place to look for general advice. You should really just worry about finishing the story line one time through, you will start to figure out what everything does...and builds are extremely forgiving until max level. Just have fun.

There's also some posts that other users have made on here with pointers for new players...I think one got posted a couple pages back. here

Blank!

Welp, tried raiding yesterday with a few noobs and a few gaffers and it was fun, stuff was learned, but we were undergeared and such. Today I picked up where I left off yesterday and it was smooth-ish; other than the three wipes on surtur, everything else was a breeze.

Raiding is fun, but I'm happy that I can opt out of doing it and/or just do it once a week for the eyes; is fun, but it takes time and leads to people with bad grammar repeating over and over like some sort of trauma victim that "this is easy we got this is easy we got this".

It's a raid on a MMO, I guess. Happy that it is there and happy that it is a small part of the game.

Green raid is incredibly easy. Once you figure out what to do and have some idea how to gear/build your hero, so long as the other 9 people do to, you're fine.

The problem with the "future" of raids is that the next-level upgrade token appear to be red-raid only. I'm not quite sure how far down the rabbit hole Gaz is going to take this gating of content/gear, but I'm personally not a fan.

Sblargh

Banned
Green raid is incredibly easy. Once you figure out what to do and have some idea how to gear/build your hero, so long as the other 9 people do to, you're fine.

The problem with the "future" of raids is that the next-level upgrade token appear to be red-raid only. I'm not quite sure how far down the rabbit hole Gaz is going to take this gating of content/gear, but I'm personally not a fan.

Those MMOs devs always shoot themselves in the foot (something something honor I'm an expert) when their raids become job interviews: "You need experience to have a job and you need a job to have experience".

Right now is great because you barely need a lot of single player gear; 2 blessing, rank 3 legendary, good uniques, and that's good enough, I think; when it starts with hard requirements and stuff you can only get through raid, things usually go to hell. This model right now is excellent; lots of eyes for raid, less eyes for not-raid; can still have very good gear even ignoring eyes.

But then, hopefully, with new heroes always coming and new content like the new patrol and the new one-shot, hopefully you can always get out of raiding if it becomes too shitty.

KePoW

Banned

Those MMOs devs always shoot themselves in the foot (something something honor I'm an expert) when their raids become job interviews: "You need experience to have a job and you need a job to have experience".

Right now is great because you barely need a lot of single player gear; 2 blessing, rank 3 legendary, good uniques, and that's good enough, I think; when it starts with hard requirements and stuff you can only get through raid, things usually go to hell. This model right now is excellent; lots of eyes for raid, less eyes for not-raid; can still have very good gear even ignoring eyes.

But then, hopefully, with new heroes always coming and new content like the new patrol and the new one-shot, hopefully you can always get out of raiding if it becomes too shitty.

I know it's something we can go in circles on, but I still do not think it's bad to have raid-only gear. If something is harder, I'm all for it having better loot. Why does every player need to be given the same loot?

I'm a big fan of traditional MMOs and have played tons of them, so I'm used to gated loot. Nothing wrong with it. I think players should have to earn things in a MMO (it's completely different from a single-player game).

And I've never really been a hardcore raider, so I'm not coming from the angle that I always got the best loot first. I'm just not a fan of everyone being automatically given everything. So what if you don't have the best loot??

Lord Phol

I dunno man, everything up to Surtur seems in good shape (Slags a bit of a dps test though), but after 10+ tries on Surtur with 4-5 different teams I will have to say that he's overtuned. That's with people who have full blessings, rank 5 legendaries and are pretty much geared out. I've yet to seen a portal team down the Sister in time (3rd miniboss) which seems to be the biggest problem.

Mupod

Based on the two fights I did, green raids would be totally easy if I had 10 people on voice comms who gave half a shit about the game and were running proper specs for raiding. But LFG goons who ragequit 20 seconds in because they stood in the fire are about all you can hope for from randoms. Makes me wonder what the devs were thinking when they said green raids are for 'everyone' to see the content, but putting enrage timers on everything completely goes against that.

anyways, I've joined the gaf supergroup, if you guys wanna try the raids some more I'm down.

KePoW

Banned
I dunno man, everything up to Surtur seems in good shape (Slags a bit of a dps test though), but after 10+ tries on Surtur with 4-5 different teams I will have to say that he's overtuned. That's with people who have full blessings, rank 5 legendaries and are pretty much geared out. I've yet to seen a portal team down the Sister in time (3rd miniboss) which seems to be the biggest problem.

You're doing it with complete randoms though right? That's still different than a fully organized guild on voice comm with a Leader

Top Bottom