• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Ken

is it possible to um, "update" unique gear to level 60?

also used my planet bark and got a gem of the accursed item thing and picked up star-lord's outlaw vest unique today in MM. :eek:

Lord Phol

You're doing it with complete randoms though right? That's still different than a fully organized guild on voice comm with a Leader

Yeah but it was still well-geared people who knew the mechanics (mostly). The problem wasn't communcation, the problem was just the dps, 8/10 times. Even had people change out to certain characters to up the dps (because sadly some do alot better than others), 4 wolverines and Storm on last attempt. Everything up to that part has been great but Surtur just isn't happening for me, and these are the green raids.

Mupod

is it possible to um, "update" unique gear to level 60?

also used my planet bark and got a gem of the accursed item thing and picked up star-lord's outlaw vest unique today in MM. :eek:

gem of the kursed is always level 51, so no worries there.

Upgrading to 60 isn't worth it, and you'll probably find lots more hero-specific uniques at 60. Although I'm one to talk because I've never found star-lord's slot 2, and i've only found one really bad outlaw coat.

Best way to make credits is to build sentinel arms and turn in 5 for 500k at the crafter.

oof. how do you guys make money?

One (or more) of these babies:

VEleDh7.png

Blank!

I know it's something we can go in circles on, but I still do not think it's bad to have raid-only gear. If something is harder, I'm all for it having better loot. Why does every player need to be given the same loot?

Because it's an ARPG.

Although I'm one to talk because I've never found star-lord's slot 2, and i've only found one really bad outlaw coat.

This run with Star-Lord has been one of my worst. No uniques at 60. Opened all of my collected daily purple and yellow chests last night and got one SL unique out of all of it (ironically, the slot 2).

I'm too lazy to manually equip and use those all the time
I'm pretty sure I ended up donating mine by accident, lel

Haha, same on both accounts. Sits around in my second toolbar because I forget about it or I just sell it by accident.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Prestiged Surfer for the second time tonight, my first blue!

Haha the problem is you have to manually equip it, use it, then manually re-equip your normal artifact. And then it only lasts 10 minutes, which is nothing!

Just a huge pain in the butt lol

It's three really quick right-clicks every two hours. Turning on all of SW's auras is more annoying if you ask me.

It would be nice to have those new things explained; even a quick "Shield manifests added, donate/sell these to a crafter when you log in" or whatever as part of the News, rather than having to log onto the forum or check patch notes every time. They seem like a useless addition to me. 1000 credits? Meh.

Ken

It would be nice to have those new things explained; even a quick "Shield manifests added, donate/sell these to a crafter when you log in" or whatever as part of the News, rather than having to log onto the forum or check patch notes every time. They seem like a useless addition to me. 1000 credits? Meh.

Yeah I was trying to figure out how to use them but then I noticed I already had the items they were for. I guess they're a nice confirmation that your items were delivered though in the absence of true in-game mail (AFAIK).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ugh at that raid information. pretty much confirming my worst fears about them. Welp, guess ill just keep on lvling my guys to 60 and moving on to the next

Goon Boon

Banned
Someone said that apparently the bifrost recipe (the rainbow crit effect) is tradeable, either by accident or on purpose according to one or two people.

If this is true, anyone here actually have one?

Someone said that apparently the bifrost recipe (the rainbow crit effect) is tradeable, either by accident or on purpose according to one or two people.

If this is true, anyone here actually have one?

I saw last night in the Trade forum that someone was offering two GoK for the Bifrost recipe.

Interesting if it is tradeable now.

Ragnaroz

Played the raid for the first time last night with my guild. Took us about 2h with only a single wipe on Slag because someone aggroed him before everyone was positioned. Otherwise, there were no problems, except that we had Monolith enrage with about 7-8% left, but we still managed to down him even despite the enrage. What I got from the whole experience is the fact that there's almost no way a pug team can actually finish this green version. We were all raid ready with raid specs, 4 blessings and at least grade 4 legendary(except for me, my leg was level 2, but I still had more than enough DPS regardless). Ofc, everyone was on TS. If you've ever done a single raid in other MMOs, you should have an easy time grasping the mechanics as they are fairly simple. You have more than enough time to dodge everything, in fact, the only time I actually died was on Surtur when I got a bit of lag and didn't move out of those insta kill bubbles. Raid leader asked us all to bring 150 medkits but I think I used maybe 10 all in all.

All in all, it was a really fun experience, and I'm looking forward to more raiding.

watz dat??

Way back when they launched Chapter 9 they held a global event where everybody could contribute resources into. The top contributors of that event got certain rewards (such as their nicknames "engraved" on the statues of Odin's Palace), one of which was a recipe that would craft an item similar to the party balloons - where everytime you crit a rainbow would appear, instead of balloons.

GManDH

One (or more) of these babies:

VEleDh7.png

gambit synergy gives u more credits and ironman has a insig that gives u more credits too, plus theres usually gear that can give u a decent amount of credits. i had so much extra credit on my gear that with my HE i was maxing credits weekly.

Sblargh

Banned
Hahaha, you can totes lame out the Monolith; after enrage just stay away and he can't do damage, so, you know, pew pew from the distance, no hurry, he'll die sooner or later.

Just started, wow this is addictive.

How can I get more eternity splinters?
There are the random drops of course but early on I was rewarded with 100 from some quest mystery box.

KePoW

Banned
Way back when they launched Chapter 9 they held a global event where everybody could contribute resources into. The top contributors of that event got certain rewards (such as their nicknames "engraved" on the statues of Odin's Palace), one of which was a recipe that would craft an item similar to the party balloons - where everytime you crit a rainbow would appear, instead of balloons.

Ohhh haha that was a while ago, didn't know it was from that.

Dec

There are the random drops of course but early on I was rewarded with 100 from some quest mystery box.

You get 100 for killing Green Goblin and 100 for killing
Doom
the first time through the story, one time thing. If you already passed the Raft tutorial part before they moved to the splinter unlock system you don't get the first 100 from Green Goblin only the ones from
Doom
. The reason is early players chose two starter heroes instead of one.

They were recently added as bonuses to the log in rewards, and there are limited time buffs sometimes in the store to increase the drop amounts. Weekly events sometimes give 5 or so every day you log in during the event.

Other than that, just random drops.

KePoW

Banned
What I got from the whole experience is the fact that there's almost no way a pug team can actually finish this green version.

That's the way raids should be. Wouldn't make sense if a bunch of randoms with no voice comm can one-shot it the first day.

That's what X-DEF and Holo-Sim are for.

---

Does anyone want to do a GAF guild raid?? If so, we need to specifically schedule it here, otherwise people are not necessarily going to be on every single day.

Volimar

Don't get used to that. There are boosts you can buy with real money that makes it more likely that multiple splinters(2,3, even 5) will drop instead of one, but for the most part it's just patience.

KePoW

Banned
Don't get used to that. There are boosts you can buy with real money that makes it more likely that multiple splinters(2,3, even 5) will drop instead of one, but for the most part it's just patience.

Has anyone noticed if they're upped the general rate of splinters? I don't know for sure but it seems like it.

I just bought Gamora two or three days ago, and I'm already back up to 130 splinters.

Top Bottom