• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Volimar

Got Scarlet Witch to 60. Now working on Invisible Woman. Man she is so OP.

Has anyone noticed if they're upped the general rate of splinters? I don't know for sure but it seems like it.

I just bought Gamora two or three days ago, and I'm already back up to 130 splinters.

Did you use that recent Guardians boost? It had a splinter boost in it.

Lord Phol

Is all that loot for your player? I haven't done any raiding yet. I'm just wondering how you are supposed to carry all of that. Is there a STASH or vendor in the area?

Yeah, that was all for me! Did fill up most of my inventory but I only picked up the uniques, cosmics, insignias and runes.

Drayco21

Rogue seems like she'll be mechanically interesting, but probably not enough for me to buy her- maybe I'll give her a chance if the Random Box gods decide to give her to me one day. Hot damn am I excited for the upcoming cosmic event though- hopefully that skrull invasion story chapter is coming before the end of the year. Doop-Zone sounds potentially hilarious.

uhh how I read that??

The introduction talks about where they found this stuff (apparently some testserver patch).

The headlines are:
Rogue's skills
New legendary, unique and other items
New items associated with upcoming cosmic event
Portal to Doop Zone, Doop pet and Doop rune, which are most likely in relation to aforementioned event.

What is this moonspeak?

My mother's language is not moonspeak. :V

KePoW

Banned
Stop using fail Chrome :X

Yeah I don't like Chrome, so I don't use it

The introduction talks about where they found this stuff (apparently some testserver patch).

The headlines are:
Rogue's skills
New legendary, unique and other items
New items associated with upcoming cosmic event
Portal to Doop Zone, Doop pet and Doop rune, which are most likely in relation to aforementioned event.

ok awesome thanks for summary

Volimar

My mother's language is not moonspeak. :V

7Y1fZrD.jpg

Is there anything announced for once the Bark ends? Feels like they have been running special events / weekends nonstop for a while now.

Lord Phol

Lol! Small QoL update my ass. This is a serious fricking overhaul:

IRON MAN - LEVEL 52 DESIGN REVIEW
With this patch, Iron Man has a few quality of life changes, a couple new powers, a few art changes and a full progression to level 52. His Signature and Ultimate Power have minimal changes, but he does have a few quality of life improvements.

Our changes for Iron Man’s review revolved around a single goal: keep everything that makes him powerful and unique while increasing the number of viable builds and powers in his kit to truly emphasize his ability to handle any encounter.

Art Upgrade - Improved the visual and audio components of many of his powers to feel more like they do in comics and movies. Specifically, all of his Repulsor powers have more comic and movie accurate beams.

Expanded Builds - Although Iron Man is best known for his beams, his Melee and Missile powers needed just a couple new powers to solidify them as separate and viable builds. With the addition of new powers, players have the option to create a completely independent Melee or Missile build if they so choose.

Suit Power - Iron Man was known as the hero who converted Spirit into damage before, and we’ve greatly expanded on that interaction to transform his Spirit into “Suit Power”; Spirit affixes will now increase his Suit Power, which is used to power far more of his offensive and defensive abilities.

Toggles - Iron Man has 4 new toggles (that double as passives), which represent the extreme adaptability of his suit for any situation. Each toggle gives different bonuses at the cost of Suit Power, and modifying an existing power in some way. This gives Tony an unprecedented level of customization for all of his builds.

In short, we wanted to maintain Iron Man’s top tier power level and unique mechanics while representing his suit’s adaptability with 4 new toggle options and increased interplay with his new Suit Power.

ENERGY BEAMS
NEW - Repulsor Blast - Replaces Repulsor Ray and Disruptor Beam as his sole Energy Beams basic power, with a new animation and VFX that show off his trademark repulsor technology. The debuffs associated with Disruptor Beam have moved to other powers that have easier, wider application methods.

Arc Reactor Enhancement - The first of four new Passive/Toggle powers. As a passive, Arc Reactor Enhancement retains its awesome ability to convert Suit Power into damage rating and adds Suit Power regeneration (from Adaptive Defenses). While toggled on, Iron Man diverts Suit Power in order to increase damage to all powers.

Unibeam - Instead of draining his Force Shield, his iconic charge up power now has a secondary mode: while Arc Reactor Enhancement is toggled on, Unibeam becomes a cooldown power with a large increase in damage.

Repulsor Barrage - Repulsor Barrage now utilizes new technology, converting the power from a projectile to an instant single target burst of damage, with VFX that hit enemies in multiple locations around their body in the blink of an eye. This power is enhanced by all of Iron Man's toggled bonuses, gaining increased damage for each one active.

Pulse Bolt and Channeled Repulsors - Unchanged with this update.

SIGNATURE - The One-Off - Now officially Iron Man’s Signature power with a cooldown of 20 seconds. As a signature, The One-Off has gained a damage synergy with his Ultimate power.

DEFENSE SYSTEMS
Voltaic Punch - Has gained a new affix that gives it more damage as Suit Power is drained. Bonus damage to bosses migrated to the new melee single target power, Jet-Thrust Punch.

NEW - Jet-Thrust Punch - Single target melee spirit spender with bonus damage to elites and bosses. Use fists, knees, and repulsors to show enemies that Iron Man is just as dangerous from up close as he is from afar.

Adaptive Armor - Formerly Force Shield. Passively grants defense rating and bonus damage to melee attacks. While toggled on, you gain an energy shield that redirects a portion of incoming damage to your Suit Power. This toggled functionality acts as the former mitigation buff provided by Force Shield, removing the refresh button from Tony’s skill bar, opening room for other powers to take its place.

Jet-Assisted Slam - Has gained the Weaken affix from Disruptor Beam. While Adaptive Armor is toggled on, this power deals increased damage and has a 4s cooldown.

Death From Above - Damage increased, cooldown no longer scales with power point investment.

Adaptive Defenses - Power has been removed and passive benefits consolidated onto other powers, which will free up some power points.

Shield Overload - in addition to restoring Suit Power, now grants immunity to CC effects for a short duration and has the standard Cleanse cooldown.

Flight and Hyper-Velocity Charge - unchanged with this update

TECH GADGETS
Missile Control System - While toggled on, it intermittently fires a volley of 5 seeking missiles when you use a power at a nominal Suit Power cost for each volley fired.

Wrist Rocket - The DoT damage has been converted to Physical damage to match up with the direct damage. While Missile Control System is toggled on, this power gains damage and a cooldown.

Life Support Systems - Formerly System Reboot. Gains health regeneration from Adaptive Defenses, Defense Rating migrated to Adaptive Armor. Retains the revive functionality. While toggled on, you and nearby allies gain the Constitution group buff.

Coolant Blast - Now resides in the Tech Gadgets tree. New animation and VFX in which coolant jets out in a circle around him and slows or freezes all nearby enemies. Bonus to melee powers against slowed and frozen targets has been generalized to melee damage rating and migrated to Adaptive Armor, opening up Iron Man’s melee build to not require Coolant Blast in rotation if the player chooses. While Life Support Systems is toggled on, this power deals increased damage and has a cooldown.

NEW - Missile Salvo - Fire a barrage of six seeking missiles from both wrists at your primary target, dealing bonus damage to burning enemies. This power offers a single target spirit spending option for Iron Man’s missile builds.

Jericho Bombardment - Vulnerability affix gained from Disruptor Beam.

Micro-Missiles - Unchanged with this update.

Deployable Medic - Power removed to eliminate an additional power on the skill bar, and the Constitution bonus is now permanent while toggled and moved to Life Support Systems.

ULTIMATE
House Party - Two new suits join the Party! The Mark V suit fires the new Repulsor Blasts while the Hulkbuster armor gets up close and personal with melee attacks. The Starboost armor has been retrofitted with a Wrist Rocket attachment, while Shotgun’s been given a Pulse Bolt.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
One of the neat features of the new cosmic event, which will be recurring:

Cosmic Prestige Doubled - Doubled leveling rate for Cosmic Prestige during Cosmic Chaos week.

edit: also wow, way more Iron Man changes than I had expected. Pretty excited to check that out.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Hmm... might start one then.

Yeah, if I ever cosmic'd it would be something I work on every now and then anyway, so having a recurring event like this really fits into that mode.

shock33

Read how painful cosmic prestige is, then imagine it 10 times worse...

Start and realise It's even worse than that, genuinely horrendous how slow it is, nothing can prepare you

GManDH

@NightmareDJK said: So it's an "actual" Legendary and not one with "adventuring" stats

That is correct.

interesting. I think this should be the first thing we grind for, than the runewords and so on.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Don't know yet, but I'm expecting the grind to be heavy.

there is not grind that item is g store only

Cosmic Shop Items - This Week Only

The store team is getting into this first Cosmic Chaos as well, with a few fun items for this week only:

Cosmic Mystery Box! - A “cosmically enhanced” cross between a BOGO box, mystery box and almost too crazy deal from the fine people on the store team.

Cosmic Penta Boosts - Returning for the Cosmic Chaos event.

Amneisac

If anyone is online and reading this is there any chance I could grab an invitation to the supergroup? My in-game name is exitmusic. Thanks! I joined the group on Steam, by the way.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
There is a new currency called Cosmic Worldstones. These stack to 9999 and will be added to the currency tab eventually, so as not to take up space.

This is a pretty hard core event and will return every month. Each month it will be iterated, adjusted, enhanced, etc. to be amazing and sweet.

There is a ton of cool stuff to find in the world and/or acquire from Moondragon using Cosmic Worldstones. Some of these items will require several events to earn. Example: The cosmetic pet "Cosmic Doop Companion" requires the highest number of Cosmic Worldstones (2000) and can't possibly be earned in one event weekend (except maybe by DegenTP).

doomsaw posted that too

things we can get

The Power Cosmic Legendary Item

New Runeword Crafting Recipe: The Power Doop

New Runeword Crafting Recipe: Doop Inspiration

Portals for the Cosmic Doop Training Sector

Moondragon’s Cosmic Coffer

Doop Ectoplasm Artifact

Doop Insignia

... and Cosmic Doop Companion Pet!

amthua said the legendary is impressive and does not do the other special one slike rare and that this is a new legendary

Lord Phol

The new Iron Man is pretty damn sweet, a bit overhwelming at first but I love that he has 3 very different trees full of powers. Makes alot of other heroes feel a bit behind in design quality. Just like the last time he got a big overhaul.

KePoW

Banned
There is a new currency called Cosmic Worldstones. These stack to 9999 and will be added to the currency tab eventually, so as not to take up space.

This is a pretty hard core event and will return every month. Each month it will be iterated, adjusted, enhanced, etc. to be amazing and sweet.

SWEET!!

who's degentp btw?

Amneisac

yesterday i woke up sucking a lemon

You know the worst part of the whole thing, when I registered this name, Amnesiac was taken, so I misspelled it. I never saw a user with that name though, then recently I've seen a new user got that name. So I'm just stuck with a misspelled name forever :(

KePoW

Banned
You know the worst part of the whole thing, when I registered this name, Amnesiac was taken, so I misspelled it. I never saw a user with that name though, then recently I've seen a new user got that name. So I'm just stuck with a misspelled name forever :(

hahahha dang

I think you're the only GAFer who knows what that phrase means. I kept saying it in guildchat the other day in Marvel Heroes, and everyone took it literally and thought I was krazy

Top Bottom