• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Blank!

Regarding the raid: I'm kinda pissed that I accidentally bodyslid out of Surtur on the first miniboss and that you guys just kept going without me. I can only really set aside the time to raid when we schedule it, so now I get to wait till next week to do it again instead of just being able to redo it quickly after my mistake.

I think it's messed up to blame everyone else for not wiping (and then, waiting on ultimates already spent) because of your own screw up. Own up to your shit.

Drayco21

I heard the TV show is pretty bad? I haven't watched any episodes after hearing the earlier comments

The first half is pretty meh, but the post-Winter Soldier spoiler episodes are teetering on good. The second season has potential to be great. If you care about the MCU, it's probably at least worth your time.

I think it's messed up to blame everyone else for not wiping (and then, waiting on ultimates already spent) because of your own screw up. Own up to your shit.

I didn't mean to come off so badly, but I don't think it's unreasonable to ask a group to wipe within the first two minutes of a try after I put in over an hour to get nothing. Yes it was my "mistake" for accidentally typing the letter b while trying to communicate with the raid group. I do honestly appreciate you running it again with me afterwards. Perhaps the etiquette for raiding in this game is different than what I'm used to. Either way water under the bridge. Sorry.

Sblargh

Banned
I'm sorry, Affe, I didn't know your schedule was that tight. It's a 15 minutes fight, so I assumed we would just do it again; didn't expected everyone's B character to be all that B. Haha.

But anyway, really sorry, we just were in the groove and kept on because we were doing good.

Surprised nobody has talked about this. Or maybe I just missed it?

a3ry0RU.png

I don't think I'll grab Coulson. The box with random boss-only loot looks too valuable.

I'm sorry, Affe, I didn't know your schedule was that tight. It's a 15 minutes fight, so I assumed we would just do it again; didn't expected everyone's B character to be all that B. Haha.

But anyway, really sorry, we just were in the groove and kept on because we were doing good.

I was obviously upset at the time, but I don't blame you guys for playing on at that point. It's just something to think about when we do it in the future if someone else has a mishap or bug happen to them at some point.

KePoW

Banned
The first half is pretty meh, but the post-Winter Soldier spoiler episodes are teetering on good. The second season has potential to be great. If you care about the MCU, it's probably at least worth your time.

ok cool thx for detailed comments, then I might check it out in the future

Moondrop

Banned
The TV show went from bad to amazing post-Winter Soldier. I've never seen a show do anything like it.

And I will damn sure grind out that Coulson team-up.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So since I haven't been playing, that thing you need 2k of to buy coulson has a low drop rate ?

Damn it gaz just let me give you money >_<

So since I haven't been playing, that thing you need 2k of to buy coulson has a low drop rate ?

Damn it gaz just let me give you money >_<

You get set amounts from doing things daily, but are restricted to gaining 100 per day. It'll take three months of keeping up with the event to get the TU.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
My guide to leveling all characters in MH:

1) put 1 point into everything
2) see what moves you like
3) use them.

Mupod

Yeah I was expecting to just go again. My B characters are better geared than my A character, I just think Moon Knight is more fun in raids. Keeping your spirit and hp as low as possible while staying alive is interesting, he can stand in all kinds of insta kill mechanics, and BIG NUMBERS.

I still need to run the whole raid since I only got in for Surtur. I thought about cutting my workout short to get back early but I don't want to start doing shit like that. Still, I achieved my goal of seeing every fight with gaf so now I can look for pugs. Also I learned that every fight is super easy.

The TV show went from bad to amazing post-Winter Soldier. I've never seen a show do anything like it.

And I will damn sure grind out that Coulson team-up.

Amazing? Err yea no. The show was awful, and post Winter Soldier it became average at best. It improved, but it was nothing to write home about.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
my problem with this game recently is how they seem to be heading more to a mmo path than the arpg they started as. the raids didnt help this. and with this events recently of collecting stupid amounts of one items is making it worse.

im enjoying the game still but i feel one major thing keeping me playing is just due to the fact ive spent alot of money on it

Moondrop

Banned
Well I guess sending all those letters to my family and friends in my hometown was a mistake.

And Ashley, don't feel bound by the money. I've probably spent as much on this game as GW2, which I play more. The money's not coming back; your time is still valuable.

You know, KePoW gave me crap last night for the Original Cable costume I use, but I actually like it. I'm not going to apologize. The only other one I like is his default.

ORIGINAL CABLE FOR LIFE...I can't wait to get Apocalypse Armor and get another size increase!

wadPUyJ.png

I think the worst thing about that costume is that design-wise it's very close to being really good. The color scheme works, the pants and boots work. You'd literally have to be insane to come up with that top and think it looked good, though. It's like van Gogh levels of self sabotage.

Maledict

Does anyone know if the 10% extra damage taken from anti-metal ammunition stacks with the 10% vulnerability from Starlords Starship Uplink? Found it today but unsure on how good it is.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone have thoughts on Psylocke? Need about 10 more splinters to reach 400 and I'm thinking about picking her up but I remember seeing talk in social about how she wasn't very good.

Moondrop

Banned
So I was reading the official forum post on future character releases and came across this:

There will be a toggle where when Phoenix Force is full you will turn into Dark Phoenix. You will turn into her no matter if you were Jean or Phoenix and Dark Phoenix will have it's own set of powers. She will also have a new Ultimate where she will "light the world on fire".

There's some ambiguity in the wording, but I don't want my Jean to be Phoenix and I don't want to hamstring my build any more to achieve a canon feel from a specific point in comics continuity. Same as I don't fully enjoy Nightcrawler because I refuse to use swords, and am not looking forward to vampire Jubilee.

Super hyped about Rogue though; pretty sure I'll buy her advanced pack.

Vecks

my problem with this game recently is how they seem to be heading more to a mmo path than the arpg they started as. the raids didnt help this. and with this events recently of collecting stupid amounts of one items is making it worse.

im enjoying the game still but i feel one major thing keeping me playing is just due to the fact ive spent alot of money on it

At this point, I just ignore the currency stuff. I pick them up, but I don't even see what I can buy until I amass a good amount. The currency tab will go a long way in helping me ignore it for the most part.

Does anyone know if the 10% extra damage taken from anti-metal ammunition stacks with the 10% vulnerability from Starlords Starship Uplink? Found it today but unsure on how good it is.

I don't know about anti-metal, but in general vulnerability is just like a status effect applied, so when it is applied, that enemy will take +10% extra damage from all sources. It doesn't stack, even if other people apply theirs. I know that in the omega system, one of the nodes allows you to increase the amount of damage you do against vulnerable targets. So there could be gear that has a similar function.

While the event stuff can be really powerful or cool, it also completely not needed. The game has almost no challenge in any of it's content, they keep putting in more and more powerful loot/gear, and character options for buffing themselves that it's gotten ridiculous. The really cool uber loot is nice number wise, but also kinda pointless without a challenge to go along with it. It's good in a sense that a person can just ignore these collection fests.

Anyone have thoughts on Psylocke? Need about 10 more splinters to reach 400 and I'm thinking about picking her up but I remember seeing talk in social about how she wasn't very good.

She can put out pretty decent damage since she can layer on dots from her psi skills and bleeds while spamming psi-strike, it's just that some of her skills are buggy. Sometimes when you try to go into stealth it just doesn't happen, and her skill assassinate suffers from this. Not only that but assassinate sometimes just does not hit. You can get pretty awesome numbers on the skill but it's just goofy to use. Like against Surtur she kept dashing against the ledge like 5 times before I stabbed him with the move. Also the dps on her telepathy (the right tree) needs to be buffed, but some of the skills are used just for utility.

KePoW

Banned
You know, KePoW gave me crap last night for the Original Cable costume I use, but I actually like it. I'm not going to apologize. The only other one I like is his default.

ORIGINAL CABLE FOR LIFE...I can't wait to get Apocalypse Armor and get another size increase!

omg the horror of those shoulderpads !!

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
She can put out pretty decent damage since she can layer on dots from her psi skills and bleeds while spamming psi-strike, it's just that some of her skills are buggy. Sometimes when you try to go into stealth it just doesn't happen, and her skill assassinate suffers from this. Not only that but assassinate sometimes just does not hit. You can get pretty awesome numbers on the skill but it's just goofy to use. Like against Surtur she kept dashing against the ledge like 5 times before I stabbed him with the move. Also the dps on her telepathy (the right tree) needs to be buffed, but some of the skills are used just for utility.

Hrmm well hopefully the bugs get fixed soon. Sucks they haven't already fixed them considering she's been out for awhile. Do you think the bugs are so bad that she's just not worth purchasing right now?

omg the horror of those shoulderpads !!

I just think of him as the comics version of a Warhammer/Warcraft character.

Hrmm well hopefully the bugs get fixed soon. Sucks they haven't already fixed them considering she's been out for awhile. Do you think the bugs are so bad that she's just not worth purchasing right now?

I would wait. There's always something else you can save splinters for. I think I'm going after a couple more team-ups right now, even though I still don't have a few of the heroes. My absolute favorite character to play was Ghost Rider, but I can't even take him into raids. I wouldn't want to spend splinters on someone I MAY have to bench.

KePoW

Banned

She's not bad, but unless you're a huge Psylocke comix fan, I would not purchase her at the moment

Yea, either hold off on spending the splinters or try someone that you know there is a good chance that you would like to play as or a team up for the stats. Since splinters take a while, it's better to go with something known than any what ifs.

Lord Phol

House of M Nightcrawler

Costume looks great but I'm not liking the face. If it looks good-in game though I'll probably get it. For some reason how a costume looks in a render compared to in-game can be night and day in my experience. Guess it's because of the far away camera-angle and animations vs still and up-close.

wadPUyJ.png

The dream of the 90s are alive in those shoulder pads!

gazele

Banned
Did you guys see that for the omega event experience, RIF and SIF go up 24% each day? That means the last day of the event it'll be at 192% for all three

Anyone wanna do doop portal runs on that last day? haha, I have like 11

Has anyone here bought the recipe to craft Unstable Molecules? Its 200 Cube Shards, so I was thinking of saving up for it (currently have 100).
How many Cosmic items and $$$ does it cost to craft a Molecule?

GManDH

Has anyone here bought the recipe to craft Unstable Molecules? Its 200 Cube Shards, so I was thinking of saving up for it (currently have 100).
How many Cosmic items and $$$ does it cost to craft a Molecule?

10cosmis and 500k. it aint cheap but for ppl who have a ton of cosmic items, me, and get to max credits quick, also me, its a good way to get rid of stuff. and unstable are becoming more and more useful in crafting.

Carm

Looks like I'm gonna fall short of 1k armor drives before servers go down. Stupid drop system is goofy in this game. I could swear if a eternity splinter drops when a drive is suppose to, it actually resets the drive timer drop rate. I've weent 6+ mins without a drive, killing everything.

Top Bottom