• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Volimar

Has anyone here bought the recipe to craft Unstable Molecules? Its 200 Cube Shards, so I was thinking of saving up for it (currently have 100).
How many Cosmic items and $$$ does it cost to craft a Molecule?

I'm up to around 80 shards. Really missing getting the boosts from fortune cards, but as I get more of my favorite characters to 60, I'm going to need molecules more.

Carm

I get them to drop together a lot.

Oh, that's happened to but, watching the the drop patterns the past 24 hours, if the time I've been keeping says the drive is suppose to drop and instead a splinter drops by itself, its another 2-4 on average, but have seen the 6 min a couple of times *shrug* for a drive to drop, it's very strange.

Edit: I am kicking myself a bit though. It didn't dawn on me till yesterday morning that I should just run a terminal and not kill anything but the boss at the drop time for the drives to have a chance at double and triple drive drops.

10cosmis and 500k. it aint cheap but for ppl who have a ton of cosmic items, me, and get to max credits quick, also me, its a good way to get rid of stuff. and unstable are becoming more and more useful in crafting.

Wow 500k is a lot.
My credit level doesnt grow as quickly as it used to, as Im always re-rolling Legendary Quests.
Still, it will bug me if I dont have this recipe. Time to start saving shards :/

10cosmis and 500k. it aint cheap but for ppl who have a ton of cosmic items, me, and get to max credits quick, also me, its a good way to get rid of stuff. and unstable are becoming more and more useful in crafting.

I had hit the credit cap and had a whole tab full of cosmic items I wasn't using, so I got the recipe.

Blew all my cash and cosmics on crafting Unstable Molecules. I've never got enough of those things.

It has made me realise how slooowwlly my money goes up though. Only back to ~1.2 million.

Also note, if you do this recipe and have Reed Richards at level 60, turn on his Synergy before you craft the UMs!!! Saves 5% on the cost.

Ken

Did you guys see that for the omega event experience, RIF and SIF go up 24% each day? That means the last day of the event it'll be at 192% for all three

Anyone wanna do doop portal runs on that last day? haha, I have like 11

I thought it goes up every week it returns, not day.

I had hit the credit cap and had a whole tab full of cosmic items I wasn't using, so I got the recipe.

Blew all my cash and cosmics on crafting Unstable Molecules. I've never got enough of those things.

It has made me realise how slooowwlly my money goes up though. Only back to ~1.2 million.

Also note, if you do this recipe and have Reed Richards at level 60, turn on his Synergy before you craft the UMs!!! Saves 5% on the cost.

I had the exact same experience doing random expensive shit with the crafter. Was like "I'm at 3 million, might as well blow it all." And have slowly been crawling my way back to 1 million since.

I had the exact same experience doing random expensive shit with the crafter. Was like "I'm at 3 million, might as well blow it all." And have slowly been crawling my way back to 1 million since.

Haha totally.

It's made me play it better. Doubt I'll dip below 1-1.5 million next time.

Only gotta roll some new costume affixes or something and you can destroy 500k super easy.

Hell, even just rerolling for MMs can eat a few hundred thousand pretty quickly

Yep.

And it's nice having those funds available for MM rerolls. Got invited into an MM LQ group the other night. Made about 100 Odins in like an hour, but cost a good 250k too.

I figure there will be a lot of LQ's getting done this coming week for the Omega event too.

GManDH

Yep.

And it's nice having those funds available for MM rerolls. Got invited into an MM LQ group the other night. Made about 100 Odins in like an hour, but cost a good 250k too.

I figure there will be a lot of LQ's getting done this coming week for the Omega event too.

HOLY CRAP!!! thats a lot of odin marks.

House of M Nightcrawler

Looks great. I wish he didn't have that knot in his hair, I'd prefer them being open like in this shot:
3103937-mastersofevil00407.jpg

Maledict

The knot in his hair is really unappealing, sort of ruins the whole look for me.

Update on my experiences with Starlord at 60. I changed over to the Mkraan crystals as suggested, and also put River of Souls as my runeword to replace the Seers Brilliance I had been levelling with. And now I don't appear to actually spend spirit anymore - with river of souls returning 6 spirit per hit, and my attacks costing less than that, I regen spirit so fast it never goes below 90%.

So, definitely have to get myself a Bowazan runeword, which means a Tyr and Saturn rune, both of which are apparently insanely rare. Any suggestions on best farming tips, or on what to trade for one? I'm completely clueless about the economy in the game...

Sblargh

Banned
The knot in his hair is really unappealing, sort of ruins the whole look for me.

Update on my experiences with Starlord at 60. I changed over to the Mkraan crystals as suggested, and also put River of Souls as my runeword to replace the Seers Brilliance I had been levelling with. And now I don't appear to actually spend spirit anymore - with river of souls returning 6 spirit per hit, and my attacks costing less than that, I regen spirit so fast it never goes below 90%.

So, definitely have to get myself a Bowazan runeword, which means a Tyr and Saturn rune, both of which are apparently insanely rare. Any suggestions on best farming tips, or on what to trade for one? I'm completely clueless about the economy in the game...

Some runes drop better certain days of the week: Saturn is for Saturday. But you can get them any day; it's just rare, I have no clue how to get them other than having luck.

Carm

I was able to get my 1k drives before server shutdown. Sadly I wasn't able to refresh jocasta one last time before buying the summoer artifact. Ended up with only 40% extra damage. The original one before I started refreshing her was 43.6% and I wanna say 1500 hp, this one is under 1k. bleh. I ain't gonna do a grind like that in this game again.

Hmm, I think you could have kept the drives and refreshed Jocasta later? In the past you could still exchange event currency after the event. I ended up with 700+ but don't really have anything to get since I don't have a summoner. Maybe I'll save for that artifact that looks useful for Rogue.

Also, I always forget to not do the shared quests on patch day.

Sblargh

Banned
Just noticed these downtimes on friday make it a great time to read wednesday's comics.
-
Talking about them: I'm enjoying Original Sin, but I wished there were some more juicy sins/secrets out there. Nothing really made me go "Oh. My. God. I don't believe HE/SHE did THAT!"

Drayco21

Just noticed these downtimes on friday make it a great time to read wednesday's comics.
-
Talking about them: I'm enjoying Original Sin, but I wished there were some more juicy sins/secrets out there. Nothing really made me go "Oh. My. God. I don't believe HE/SHE did THAT!"

Original Sin almost feels like a filler arc to me, like Marvel is only using it to set up the new Lady-Thor and to have a crossover book out there between Infinity and Axis/Time Runs Out. The way Thor
becomes unworthy of wielding Mjolnir doesn't really make sense,
but I thought the reveal that Dum Dum
was an LMD all this time and long dead, and his whole interaction with Fury in Original Sins #5 was great. The last two pages of that issue are the best things to come out of Original Sin.

At least the Nova tie-ins have been pretty good, though all of the Marvel Cosmic goodwill I'm feeling from it is probably going to be washed away when Bendis reveals how Star-Lord and Thanos made a deal to eat Richard Rider's soul or something.

Sblargh

Banned
Original Sin is keeping me hooked because it is a well-told superhero space murder mystery. It may not be rocking the foundations of the continuity, but I read one issue and can't wait to read the rest.

I'm not really following the tie-ins that closely; only the ones I read anyway.

KePoW

Banned
I was able to get my 1k drives before server shutdown. Sadly I wasn't able to refresh jocasta one last time before buying the summoer artifact. Ended up with only 40% extra damage. The original one before I started refreshing her was 43.6% and I wanna say 1500 hp, this one is under 1k. bleh. I ain't gonna do a grind like that in this game again.

You can just reroll the numbers on any artifact at the Crafter

Original Sin is keeping me hooked because it is a well-told superhero space murder mystery. It may not be rocking the foundations of the continuity, but I read one issue and can't wait to read the rest.

I'm not really following the tie-ins that closely; only the ones I read anyway.

As long as it doesn't involve a giant invasion end of the world scenario like almost every other past event, all is good.

Don't ask Kepow for help, he'll just point and laugh at you.

Carm

Hmm, I think you could have kept the drives and refreshed Jocasta later? In the past you could still exchange event currency after the event. I ended up with 700+ but don't really have anything to get since I don't have a summoner. Maybe I'll save for that artifact that looks useful for Rogue.

Also, I always forget to not do the shared quests on patch day.

With the Cosmic event they removed the vendor, but I do wonder if Jocasta will still have the A.R.M.O.R. event items after the patch.

Yea, I didn't want to take a chance of the items not being on her and having to wait a month or longer to grab the artifact.

As for getting the 1k. I had 100 before the event started. I started grinding Tuesday, went into WoW server first mode, Wednesday morning. Basically I had maybe 5 hours of sleep Wednesday morning-Friday morning. I don't recommend it, swore I wouldn't do that again after killing myself for those server fist DK achievements. I didn't want to wait a month or longer for that artifact though.

This was worse in some ways, always watching a timer, so I know when to get to Taskmaster in his terminal to kill him at the right time.

You can just reroll the numbers on any artifact at the Crafter

I know, I just didn't want to have to waste Unstables to do that, with how random this stuff is. They don't drop enough to just keep rerolling.

While knocking out my MM daily last night in one group of enemies something died and about ten Eternal Splinters popped out. Is that random or is there a rare type of enemy (Doop or whatever?) I should always watch for to give me a bunch like that?

Just sort of curious.

Vecks

While knocking out my MM daily last night in one group of enemies something died and about ten Eternal Splinters popped out. Is that random or is there a rare type of enemy (Doop or whatever?) I should always watch for to give me a bunch like that?

Just sort of curious.

Just random. Rare chance from any enemy.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42

Just sort of curious.

I got that yesterday while fighting some basic enemies. It's probably just happens randomly sometimes.

Top Bottom