• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Volimar

Just had a really great X defense run.

Got to wave 26. Four uniques and at the end 10 defender tokens.

Good times.

Since Coulson is bugged, is 70 the most omega thingies you can get today?

KePoW

Banned
While knocking out my MM daily last night in one group of enemies something died and about ten Eternal Splinters popped out. Is that random or is there a rare type of enemy (Doop or whatever?) I should always watch for to give me a bunch like that?

Just sort of curious.

Hey wibbleyweezer, good to see you in the guild!

10-splinter drop is just a random occurrence off any enemy, very rare chance

Hey wibbleyweezer, good to see you in the guild!

10-splinter drop is just a random occurrence off any enemy, very rare chance

Thanks! Been enjoying the game and it's a good time having you all around to hassle with all my questions. I'm trying to ask less and see if I can figure things out myself or as they come along but you guys have been quick to answer most all of my inane questions.

I'll keep bumbling along to hit level 60 and then maybe I can start joining along when people are looking to group up for stuff.

Any word on the Cyclops review? I decided to take a break from the game after the Squirrel Girl news. Will comeback when Cyclops is no longer one of the worst characters in the game.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
What Iron Man build is the really good one?

I should probably start gearing him up for endgame....

It's very, very hard to make a bad build on IM if you use yr common sense. Almost everything is good to an extent. Only power I'd skip for sure is channeled repulsors. Also I think just about any build is going to have either repulsor barrage or the melee bosskiller move, forget the name, in it for sustained single target damage. Apart from that, go nuts.

Ken

It's very, very hard to make a bad build on IM if you use yr common sense. Almost everything is good to an extent. Only power I'd skip for sure is channeled repulsors. Also I think just about any build is going to have either repulsor barrage or the melee bosskiller move, forget the name, in it for sustained single target damage. Apart from that, go nuts.

I was having a hard time surviving when going in for the melee. Any tips?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
You can, though. With adaptive armor maxed and 1 point (or more) in life support aura (don't forget to toggle them on!) IM should be plenty survivable. But then you'll probably want to use Advanced Crimson Crystal, Advanced Super Soldier, maybe a defensive medallion, whereas ranged is a bit more lenient, gear-wise.

Sblargh

Banned
Any word on the Cyclops review? I decided to take a break from the game after the Squirrel Girl news. Will comeback when Cyclops is no longer one of the worst characters in the game.

Coming any time, now. Apparently he will have huge DPS and little defense to compensate. In terms of visuals, they are working on giving him more of a single beam vibe instead of a bunch of little ones.

KePoW

Banned
Cyclops is already super squishy, hope he doesn't get even more so.

He's not that squishy if you give him a bunch of defensive artifacts. It sounds like their new design for him will make him more vulnerable, but I'd be fine with that. Just gotta give characters certain gear, can't go all out DPS and expect to live thru everything

Even some of the top user guides on official forums recommend gearing somewhat for survivability and not total DPS.

Hey guys. Do we have a weekly raid time/day? I'd like to get in on some raid action (along w/ fellow Supergroup member GeneralBorn). I'm down for it any time this weekend if a group wants to get together (provided we don't have a weekly time/day set).

Thanks.

Moondrop

Banned
YIL you can equip gear directly to other heroes without actually switching to them using the roster screen.

TIL you can drop relics and whatnot onto the proper tab in your inventory without actually switching to that tab and they'll auto-stack.

GJ on QoL.

KePoW

Banned
Hey guys. Do we have a weekly raid time/day? I'd like to get in on some raid action (along w/ fellow Supergroup member GeneralBorn). I'm down for it any time this weekend if a group wants to get together (provided we don't have a weekly time/day set).

Hey buddie!

Yeah typically Wednesday nights. Watch for posts here from Sblargh, he is our raid leader and links a weekly poll to vote on the start time.

I think he usually posts the poll on Mon or Tues

Volimar

The new ARMOR relics are dropping pretty well now. SG am happy.

You guys think Power Cosmic will be Rogue's Legendary?

YIL you can equip gear directly to other heroes without actually switching to them using the roster screen.

I constantly forget this and switch characters like a nub.

After beating the story and now I'm level 32 is the best thing to do the next difficulty and zip through the story? I know you get more power points and health that way. Or should I just aim to hit 60 as fast as possible using terminals and legendary quests?

I figured tonight I'd do the next difficulty but I'm fairly open to suggestions.

LuuKyK

After beating the story and now I'm level 32 is the best thing to do the next difficulty and zip through the story? I know you get more power points and health that way. Or should I just aim to hit 60 as fast as possible using terminals and legendary quests?

I figured tonight I'd do the next difficulty but I'm fairly open to suggestions.

I dont even play story levels anymore. Like, I play the prologue and then jump right to xdef after messing around with a basic build I am aiming for. The bonus life/spirit isnt worth the bore of completing the story again imo.

Drayco21

You probably just want to do legendaries until you hit 60, there's not much reason to replay the story stuff again, outside of the scant few bonuses you can go back and get at any point you want.

KePoW

Banned

Hey wobbledazzer, it's really up to you and a personal choice.

Some people like getting all the extra Story quest rewards from different difficulties, but I wouldn't say it's necessary. Or you can level to 60 fast with LQs, and get the extra story rewards later when you can do it much faster.

\o/ Woot! I just got Cyke to lvl 60 (second one, first was Jean) and then got Nightcrawler from a random box! Nightcrawler and Spider-Man were my two favorite superheroes growing up, so I'm extremely happy about this.

I dont even play story levels anymore. Like, I play the prologue and then jump right to xdef after messing around with a basic build I am aiming for. The bonus life/spirit isnt worth the bore of completing the story again imo.

You probably just want to do legendaries until you hit 60, there's not much reason to replay the story stuff again, outside of the scant few bonuses you can go back and get at any point you want.

Hey wobbledazzer, it's really up to you and a personal choice.

Some people like getting all the extra Story quest rewards from different difficulties, but I wouldn't say it's necessary. Or you can level to 60 fast with LQs, and get the extra story rewards later when you can do it much faster.
Thanks. Sounds like I'll mainly work on the dailies and legendaries to level and probably rush through the story stuff some other time for the bonuses if I really feel like zipping through it all.

Maybe toy a little with my other characters at some point? Need to take a look at Hulk that I got last night.

Vecks

\o/ Woot! I just got Cyke to lvl 60 (second one, first was Jean) and then got Nightcrawler from a random box! Nightcrawler and Spider-Man were my two favorite superheroes growing up, so I'm extremely happy about this.

Grats! Random box can be awesome... sometimes.

Blank!

Hey buddie!

Yeah typically Wednesday nights. Watch for posts here from Sblargh, he is our raid leader and links a weekly poll to vote on the start time.

I think he usually posts the poll on Mon or Tues

Is there any interest in a weekend raid too? We're probably losing out on people due to time zones/middle of the work week with Wednesday raiding. We could see about starting up something on a Saturday/Sunday.

Sblargh

Banned
Is there any interest in a weekend raid too? We're probably losing out on people due to time zones/middle of the work week with Wednesday raiding. We could see about starting up something on a Saturday/Sunday.

Any day that peeps get together is a good day, imo.

I really don't like holo-sim. I teamed with a random, and we got the Venom wave twice, and on the second one, I have no idea why, but he did something that literally one-shot me. Either that or there was just so much collective damage from him and his minions idk.
Also, fuck the AIM robot wave, that one is just outright bullshit.

Sucks that it's 10 waves of it for the shared quests here and there. I can deal with 5 waves, but if you die to the 9th wave, it's so disappointing.

Volimar

I really don't like holo-sim. I teamed with a random, and we got the Venom wave twice, and on the second one, I have no idea why, but he did something that literally one-shot me. Either that or there was just so much collective damage from him and his minions idk.

Sucks that it's 10 waves of it for the shared quests here and there. I can deal with 5 waves, but if you die to the 9th wave, it's so disappointing.

Yeah, but then you just queue up again and go one more round and you're golden.

Those are probably the 2 roughest, aside from the sentinels later on.

Yep, Friday or Saturday nights are better for me. I can join in Wednesdays, but only about an hour after our team usually finishes. The current schedule is too early for folks on Mountain time or the west coast.

KePoW

Banned

Any day that peeps get together is a good day, imo.

We can definitely run a poll for weekends to gauge interest.

But from all my past experiences with raiding in lots of other MMOs, most guilds do them on weekday nights. I believe the reason is that more people are actually unavailable and out doing stuff/errands on weekends. Whereas on weekday nights after work, people are usually not constantly going out, they're just chilling at home.

For me personally, I work weekends every Sat & Sun so I could only raid at nights on those days.

Blank!

When Venom gets really large he gets a damage buff. He has an attack that's like a shotgun that splits into 3 blasts. If you're in melee range, you'll be hit by all 3 for a lot of damage. Wizard has a similar move. Both were tuned down but Venom, especially in holo-sim/x-def is very capable of 1-shotting you when enraged.

The secret to high level AIM/survival waves: You don't have to kill them, any of them, to win. Grab a character with flight and just fly along the edges of the map. Boring and obviously less exp, but if you're trying to hit a certain wave milestone, it beats trying to slug it out. Works on the Brotherhood/Lady boss waves too.

Thanks for the heads up, Volimar. I would've missed out on plenty of Omega marks (basically any day where Holo-sim was shared quest lol) if it weren't for that info of yours.

When Venom gets really large he gets a damage buff. He has an attack that's like a shotgun that splits into 3 blasts. If you're in melee range, you'll be hit by all 3 for a lot of damage. Wizard has a similar move. Both were tuned down but Venom, especially in holo-sim/x-def is very capable of 1-shotting you when enraged.

It was very hard to see where Venom was because the room was swarming with infected dudes, my spells and the allied Loki's clones. Lots of chaos.

The secret to high level AIM/survival waves: You don't have to kill them, any of them, to win. Grab a character with flight and just fly along the edges of the map. Boring and obviously less exp, but if you're trying to hit a certain wave milestone, it beats trying to slug it out. Works on the Brotherhood/Lady boss waves too.

Interesting. I'll try that next time.

KePoW

Banned

Whoa you didn't know that the 10 waves is cumulative? You do not have to do 10 in a row in one session.

As for Venom, a high-number wave Venom can definitely be very hard.

As for AIM wave, I like the challenge. Makes it fun, I don't want to just stand in one spot and be invincible with no danger. I find it boring if you're just blowing stuff up with no threat of dying at all

Sblargh

Banned
We can definitely run a poll for weekends to gauge interest.

But from all my past experiences with raiding in lots of other MMOs, most guilds do them on weekday nights. I believe the reason is that more people are actually unavailable and out doing stuff/errands on weekends. Whereas on weekday nights after work, people are usually not constantly going out, they're just chilling at home.

For me personally, I work weekends every Sat & Sun so I could only raid at nights on those days.

I'll poll it all!

Tomorrow I'll post a poll about both wednesday, saturday and sunday.

Whoa you didn't know that the 10 waves is cumulative? You do not have to do 10 in a row in one session.

No. I never did holo-sim before yesterday, because I wasn't really interested in it. But I need my Coulson.

As for Venom, a high-number wave Venom can definitely be very hard.

As for AIM wave, I like the challenge. Makes it fun, I don't want to just stand in one spot and be invincible with no danger. I find it boring if you're just blowing stuff up with no threat of dying at all

Well, I don't mind stuff being challenging, but that wave is just outright unfair lol. AIM enemies do SO MUCH damage. I hate them in Midtown too.

Bro, you have logged weeks/months on this game. I can't recall a time on any day of the week that I've logged in and you haven't been there for me.

You are a Marvel Heroes 2015 Superstar and available to raid at any time on any day.

KePoW

Banned
Bro, you have logged weeks/months on this game. I can't recall a time on any day of the week that I've logged in and you haven't been there for me.

You are a Marvel Heroes 2015 Superstar and available to raid at any time on any day.

LOL, that's because you always get on at night. I'm on every night.

But you will not find me in MH from 10am to 6pm on Sat & Sun =P

Unless I'm playing from work, which I can occasionally do since I'm in a model office by myself. But even then it's usually only for about 15 to 20 mins because customers walk in pretty frequently on weekends. I definitely cannot raid at work lol

i'm gonna kik ur azz buddie!!!

wait... have u even raided with the GAF guild?!

I was on the first "exploratory" trip inside where we didn't beat anything. That was before the green version when the raid was much harder. I also joined a late, buggy version where none of us was doing normal damage.

The current Wednesday schedule doesn't work for me, since I'm just getting home from work and spend a few hours hanging out with my wife and boy. I usually pop on at 2030-2100 Mountain time, which is well after the raid is done.

I'm more of a ringer now for other guilds, where I sub in for a missing member and help them to their smoothest raid ever. We one-shot the entire thing last Wednesday night, although admittedly they were a pretty strong super group. The bottom line is that raiding in this game in the current green form poses basically zero challenge to anyone who has raided in other more traditional MMOs. The fight mechanics are simple, the heavy damage is 100% avoidable, and even as a rookie you can basically do the entire raid without dying once. The only "challenge" is the bosses are pinatas with massive amounts of health and enrage timers. So you do have to put out some solid damage.

I checked you on Steam, bro. You've played this game for 58 American Days!!! FIFTY EIGHT.

Top Bottom