• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Dec

I'm watching the stream they did earlier and they are having the same problem I mentioned in game earlier. Team ups have insanely huge hitboxes for rogues stealing. Can't steal from anyone standing near a team up.

They ran around for like 5 minutes getting Magik over and over lol.

Meanwhile, in the Gaz server room...
zZv7EhP.jpg

inky

No wonder the SG seemed empty in game. I was scratching my head at that one. Anyways, finished my dailies and got BP to 60. Didn't try Rogue yet, and I'm not sure she'll be my next one. I've got plenty to catch up with first: Star Lord, Mr. F, Silver Surfer, IW, Psylocke, Human Torch, Luke Cage, etc.

What is up with that Odin's Wrath quest? Is there some place to find a lot of Rock Trolls at once? I spent forever in Lower Asgard and was only at 300 when the servers went down.

Vecks

Servers up?

What is up with that Odin's Wrath quest? Is there some place to find a lot of Rock Trolls at once? I spent forever in Lower Asgard and was only at 300 when the servers went down.

Having not played yet today, I don't know what that quest is. But from my lower asgard experiences, Rock Trolls are generally the hardest to find of the three races. IIRC, a few will spawn on the 3 commanders blocking the way to unmasking malekith. There are also group spawns marked by indicators on occasion, something about enemy supplies. I personally find it more effective to just find a spot, like a fountain, and farm in one area and hope for Rock Troll spawns. I'm not entirely sure about this, but I also believe that the spawning works similarly to midtown groups, in that you should save the commander for last in order to keep the spawns going.

So, they took the server down to fix the problem and I still have my items reading 0 sell / xp value. Never change, Gaz. Never change.

Servers up?

Having not played yet today, I don't know what that quest is. But from my lower asgard experiences, Rock Trolls are generally the hardest to find of the three races. IIRC, a few will spawn on the 3 commanders blocking the way to unmasking malekith. There are also group spawns marked by indicators on occasion, something about enemy supplies. I personally find it more effective to just find a spot, like a fountain, and farm in one area and hope for Rock Troll spawns. I'm not entirely sure about this, but I also believe that the spawning works similarly to midtown groups, in that you should save the commander for last in order to keep the spawns going.
Deliver Odin's Wrath is the daily Event Mission for today.

Beat Kurse, Malekith and Loki
Defeat 500 Rock Trolls
Defeat 500 Dark Elves

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
morning

what day 1 bug drama happened? items stuff?

please dont have anything to do with the amazing 3 uniques / 6 odin boxes xdefense we did before I went to bed...

...it toally does doesnt it? that was too much loot wasnt it?

Where did the King Thor team up come from?

they added it to people who bought the team-up advance pack

KePoW

Banned
morning

what day 1 bug drama happened? items stuff?

please dont have anything to do with the amazing 3 uniques / 6 odin boxes xdefense we did before I went to bed...

...it toally does doesnt it? that was too much loot wasnt it?

Yes. You will now be banned for duping!

Where did the King Thor team up come from?

So I took Rogue to 40ish and she is quite fun. I'm not impressed with the damage she puts out with stolen skills, but she sure is durable as heck. I was face tanking everything on her and she would not die.

Then I tried out the Jean Grey changes and I'm in love with her all over again. She was my second level 60, but always felt a bit undercooked. The new abilities are great, and her signature is my favorite in the game. Her toggles no longer constantly drain resources, which is a massive quality of life improvement. I played her as a Phoenix energy build focused heavy on dots, critical damage, and life and spirit regeneration. So far, so good.

I still need to test both mental and Dark Phoenix builds, but she's a strong contender for "main" status. I'm going to slap some top of the line gear on her tomorrow and see what she can do.

Ploid 3.0

I need to get this lucky. ; ;

Also I was listening to Brevik talk about Steam's cut into their sales. He said if you ever played the steam version your account is marked as a steam account, so no matter where you buy from steam gets a cut. The other guy talked about how steam was smart to get that in the contract, but David Brevik said it doesn't matter, he'd rather more people play the game than to not have their profits cut.

He will be doing some keynote in Europe somewhere soon. Grinding Gear Games (Path of Exile Dev) invited him to speak, he'll have the floor for 30 minutes.

Jean is amazing

lol at crying about her review

Yeah she seems pretty good so far. I'm currently 57, I couldn't tell how hard to kill she was before (spamspamspam to victory) but she seem sturdy still. At one point I was walking around the map looking for treasure rooms, half asleep. I found myself nodded off running into a wall as enemies beat up on me with no death. I await seeing how she do in cosmics, if she's ok I will invest, and give her some good gear and blessings. I don't raid so it shouldn't be a problem for me if she's lacking there.

However I hear Dark Phoenix mode is not to be touched if you play her in phoenix form. it removes her toggles, and she does less damage. When you leave the mode you have to retoggle your buffs. Quality of life patch incoming?

Do any of you guys have an opinion on this video card Im likely gonna buy (EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB)

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=193_1617&products_id=27301

Im basically using a HP desktop computer I bought in 2012, so I didnt want to spend too much on an upgrade. This card only has a 300w power requirement too, so I dont need to buy a new PSU to use it.
Im really hoping I'll get a nice smooth framerate for MH, once I have the new card installed. The game can be choppy as hell, with the GT520 I am currently using.

Ploid 3.0

Do any of you guys have an opinion on this video card Im likely gonna buy (EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB)

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=193_1617&products_id=27301

Im basically using a HP desktop computer I bought in 2012, so I didnt want to spend too much on an upgrade. This card only has a 300w power requirement too, so I dont need to buy a new PSU to use it.
Im really hoping I'll get a nice smooth framerate for MH, once I have the new card installed. The game can be choppy as hell, with the GT520 I am currently using.

I have the gtx 760 and it does very well on this game. I think the 750 shouldn't be that much of a difference. However 770 is a big step from 760 I hear. What is your PC's cpu and ram, that may be the most important. The game still has issues with memory leaks and such so you can't expect it to run too good in certain zones like Midtown Manhattan.

KePoW

Banned
So I took Rogue to 40ish and she is quite fun. I'm not impressed with the damage she puts out with stolen skills, but she sure is durable as heck. I was face tanking everything on her and she would not die.

Then I tried out the Jean Grey changes and I'm in love with her all over again. She was my second level 60, but always felt a bit undercooked. The new abilities are great, and her signature is my favorite in the game. Her toggles no longer constantly drain resources, which is a massive quality of life improvement. I played her as a Phoenix energy build focused heavy on dots, critical damage, and life and spirit regeneration. So far, so good.

I still need to test both mental and Dark Phoenix builds, but she's a strong contender for "main" status. I'm going to slap some top of the line gear on her tomorrow and see what she can do.

Jean is amazing

lol at crying about her review

That's good to hear. Also why I never pay attention to whiners on official MMO forums

It sounds like they fixed a lot of the problems Jean had when her review was first put on TC. That's fantastic to hear, as it was initially a downgrade over the old Jean. It appears like all of the feedback she got seems to have paid off. I'll have to try her later.

However I hear Dark Phoenix mode is not to be touched if you play her in phoenix form. it removes her toggles, and she does less damage. When you leave the mode you have to retoggle your buffs. Quality of life patch incoming?
Has anyone tested this? It was a problem with her very first TC build last week then fixed a day later. The only one still being turned off was the flames, and I'd imagine that was fixed in the past week too.

Dark Phoenix no longer turns off your toggles, but it is a DPS loss to use even if you fully invest points in it. So yeah, as Phoenix Jean, don't bother with it for now.

Moondrop

Banned
I played mental Jean day 1 on Test Center. I never claimed she had been downgraded, rather that her upgrade was merely whelming. The people claiming downgrades I believe were referring to the squishiness of a pure Phoenix build. If they've improved her in subsequent builds, great, I hope I'll get around to seeing that. But that doesn't make our initial impressions wrong.

However you should always dismiss everything on the official forums that's not purple text.

KePoW

Banned
I played mental Jean day 1 on Test Center. I never claimed she had been downgraded, rather that her upgrade was merely whelming. The people claiming downgrades I believe were referring to the squishiness of a pure Phoenix build. If they've improved her in subsequent builds, great, I hope I'll get around to seeing that. But that doesn't make our initial impressions wrong.

However you should always dismiss everything on the official forums that's not purple text.

Yeah I was not specifically talking about you. I mean the nutjobs on the official forums that yell and rant.

I recall your post here was pretty level-headed

Moondrop

Banned
Right, the post above comes off as pretty defensive. I guess ultimately without bubbles and X-men Legends-style TK, mental Jean felt too much like other ranged characters to me. I'm going to take her down to the training room on live before I officially move on.

sophora

Bought Rogue and She-Hulk with some Gs, figured why not, I dig those two and been pretty much in the dark when it came to leaks/previews for Rogue. Got her up to 14 and pleasantly loving her mechanic of stealing/borrowing powers. Managed to experiment a bit and currently have taken; Human Torch AoE skill that increases cost/damage with repeat casts, Nightcrawler's bouncing blink skill, Gorgon's petrifying gaze, and a buff from She-Hulk. The mix-matching is really fun to use and experiment with.

I have the gtx 760 and it does very well on this game. I think the 750 shouldn't be that much of a difference. However 770 is a big step from 760 I hear. What is your PC's cpu and ram, that may be the most important. The game still has issues with memory leaks and such so you can't expect it to run too good in certain zones like Midtown Manhattan.

My PCs processor is...

Intel Core i5 2310
Operating speed: 2.9 GHz (up to 3.2 GHz turbo)
Number of cores: 4
Socket: LGA1155
Bus speed: DMI (Direct Media Interface) - 2.5GT/s

And RAM...

Amount: 4 GB
Speed: PC3-10600 MB/sec
Type: DDR3-1333

Official specs...

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...iteid=je6NUbpObpQ-0RvV_Su0mknzcVN5xebJyQ#N101

Even with my 520GT, I play with pretty much everything on high settings (except dynamic shadows) and its very playable... but still regularly clunky. I also play with other players powers turned off. It will be nice to finally see those :)

Dark Phoenix no longer turns off your toggles, but it is a DPS loss to use even if you fully invest points in it. So yeah, as Phoenix Jean, don't bother with it for now.

Purely as a damage ability, that may be true. I haven't tried it out yet, but I think people are underestimating the utility of it. The tooltip shows an insane amount of health and spirit sustain while in that mode, and the damage isn't awful. It seems like a good idea to activate and then face tank a boss in a cosmic.

Got Rogue to 52. She's a blast to play and experiment with.

Currently rotating Mandarin AoE, Rhino charge and SW bolts, with the occasional Blob belly flop, but might replace it soon. Sig is great too, usually use She-Hulk buff right before.

Moondrop

Banned
Ok, I've tested mental Jean on live. I was wrong, of course, to only test her on test day 1; she's much better now.

Mental Jean can be built in a few different flavors, but I see a very solid DPS rotation in layering Psychic Lethargy and Neural Panic and then laying into survivors with Psychic Drain. The drain has been fixed to not empty my River of the Soul spirit pool like a punctured balloon. And of course her signature is fun and effective.

Mental Jean must utilize toggles from the Phoenix tree, which I'd previously never employed. This makes her more of a destructive dervish a la Storm, for the better overall. I guess the emphasis on toggles is why she only has one passive skill now. My skill bars were stuffed.

Not thrilled by reliance on Phoenix motifs. Can't just pass on her Dark Phoenix buff, but I could justify that as a discharge of Phoenix energies. Her ultimate is definitely Phoenix looking.

Bugs are definitely present however. Toggling Phoenix Inferno doesn't change projectile deflection on the stat sheet; may not be working. Also Psychic Drain will sometimes stop dealing damage during a long channel. I haven't been able to reproduce it 100%, but I've seen it on live and test.

Overall I'm happy mental Jean is in a good place, and for now I'll keep her around for potential raiding instead of strip mining her gear. But in terms of mains, I'm moving on to Rogue, reviewed Cyclops, Magneto, and Kitty.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

i cant imagine playing without dark pheonix. facetank cosmic bosses by spamming her basic attack while in DF which gives you TON of health and does a ton of dmg? yes pls

Purely as a damage ability, that may be true. I haven't tried it out yet, but I think people are underestimating the utility of it. The tooltip shows an insane amount of health and spirit sustain while in that mode, and the damage isn't awful. It seems like a good idea to activate and then face tank a boss in a cosmic.

i cant imagine playing without dark pheonix. facetank cosmic bosses by spamming her basic attack while in DF which gives you TON of health and does a ton of dmg? yes pls

It's a tradeoff in its current state, like both of you mention, but with better levels of gear the power becomes pretty unnecessary. The fact that the skill is actually a downgrade if you only drop one point into it is very telling of the power's quality. Given the build up of the secondary resource to use the form, and the fact that it's Dark Phoenix we're talking about here, it could stand to be a little more exciting to use. Also the animation transition needs to be more seemless. That quick freeze that occurs at the moment is no bueno. Also, move dash off of right-click >_>

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
I just got a level 59 Mechanical Arms of Doctor Octopus from an Odin chest and after complaining about how it was level 59 instead of 60, I immediately got another one that's level 57. :/

KePoW

Banned
I just got a level 59 Mechanical Arms of Doctor Octopus from an Odin chest and after complaining about how it was level 59 instead of 60, I immediately got another one that's level 57. :/

I think that's a legit complaint, it's stupid that the Odin's chest items are not all level 60 if opened by a 60 character

Ok, I've tested mental Jean on live. I was wrong, of course, to only test her on test day 1; she's much better now.

Mental Jean can be built in a few different flavors, but I see a very solid DPS rotation in layering Psychic Lethargy and Neural Panic and then laying into survivors with Psychic Drain. The drain has been fixed to not empty my River of the Soul spirit pool like a punctured balloon. And of course her signature is fun and effective.

Mental Jean must utilize toggles from the Phoenix tree, which I'd previously never employed. This makes her more of a destructive dervish a la Storm, for the better overall. I guess the emphasis on toggles is why she only has one passive skill now. My skill bars were stuffed.

Not thrilled by reliance on Phoenix motifs. Can't just pass on her Dark Phoenix buff, but I could justify that as a discharge of Phoenix energies. Her ultimate is definitely Phoenix looking.

Bugs are definitely present however. Toggling Phoenix Inferno doesn't change projectile deflection on the stat sheet; may not be working. Also Psychic Drain will sometimes stop dealing damage during a long channel. I haven't been able to reproduce it 100%, but I've seen it on live and test.

Overall I'm happy mental Jean is in a good place, and for now I'll keep her around for potential raiding instead of strip mining her gear. But in terms of mains, I'm moving on to Rogue, reviewed Cyclops, Magneto, and Kitty.

I appreciate the feedback and will definitely give mental spec a shot later. It looks fun, and the more options that are viable, the better.

It's a tradeoff in its current state, like both of you mention, but with better levels of gear the power becomes pretty unnecessary. The fact that the skill is actually a downgrade if you only drop one point into it is very telling of the power's quality. Given the build up of the secondary resource to use the form, and the fact that it's Dark Phoenix we're talking about here, it could stand to be a little more exciting to use. Also the animation transition needs to be more seemless. That quick freeze that occurs at the moment is no bueno. Also, move dash off of right-click >_>

I still haven't tried it, but I will. It should be her signature Phoenix ability, but I've read that it lags pretty significantly when you first activate it.

Top Bottom