• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Scirrocco

Old news, but i didn't see it posted. The bonus exp weekend is now bonus exp week.

From Doomsaw

We talked about this post just now.

We are going to extend the exp boost for the entire week.

Long term: We are also going to adjust the experience curve so the higher levels aren't so frustrating. (Starting with 1.2) We also also going to put in daily quests in the next major patch which will give experience bonuses to break up the monotony. (Patch after 1.2)

Link: https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/237958#Comment_237958

inky

Daily quests make sense. For all their F2P model talk, they are really lacking a lot of the hooks.

Patch needs to come soon. I find myself sitting at the Steam Library tab and thinking: "I'll wait for the patch to play it" very often lately.

sleepykyo

nice for leveling alts but boosting a tiny bit of xp is still a tiny bit of xp at 40+

will wait for xp fix

And you can't upgrade gear anymore because unstable molecules are ultra rare. After level 36 the game starts to fall apart.

The diamond paragon (assuming the leaked skill tree is true) borrowed way too much from Colussus.

omg u guys. OMG!

http://horadric.ru/blog/crypto137/test-center-datamine-patch-1-12-0-171

b3Y437d.png

And you can't upgrade gear anymore because unstable molecules are ultra rare. After level 36 the game starts to fall apart.

The diamond paragon (assuming the leaked skill tree is true) borrowed way too much from Colussus.

Well there is little reason to level up either past 30. Content is not being gated and there is no true endgame.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Finally hit 400 splinters today and bought Hulk. I believe I'll just buy random boxes from now on since I have all my "must have" heroes cept for Deadpool and Spidey and even the thought of trying to save up 1200 for those two is not pleasant.

Iron Man is stronger and tougher in version 1.2. He deals more damage (in some cases, much more damage) and lives longer.

He will receive his full rework in September since VFX, animation, SFX and art assets need to be updated to correspond with powers changes. For now, he has a few quality of life improvements.

Death From Above can now be interrupted by voluntary movement

Iron Man's Jet-Assisted Slam is now correctly keyworded as a movement power and will respond to movement power triggers properly.

Added 2 second cooldown to Iron Man's Death From Above to offset allowing it to be animation cancelled.

Iron Man's Death From Above damage has been massively increased. The power now has a brief cooldown.

because death from above getting buffed is clearly what everyone wanted out of iron man lol.

I guess, we can always wait for the next patch :D

Wallach

Wow, amazing patch. These fuckin' guys.

Also... PUNISHER FORWARD ROLL. Hallelujah. I can't wait to see the freaks on the Punisher forum that were asking to keep it a stupid backward roll and drink their mindwarped tears.

Also... PUNISHER FORWARD ROLL. Hallelujah. I can't wait to see the freaks on the Punisher forum that were asking to keep it a stupid backward roll and drink their mindwarped tears.

Err OK whatever. What is the point of a forward roll when he already has a forward dash ability. This seems extra redundant.

Wallach

Err OK whatever. What is the point of a forward roll when he already has a forward dash ability. This seems extra redundant.

The forward dash move is terrible and didn't serve a purpose before this patch anyway. More importantly though it's not an escape it's an initiate, I don't think even goes through targets.

KePoW

Banned

I don't have a problem with it being the backward roll. But I don't care if they change it to forward either.

Patch looks amazing. This is the state the game (ideally) should've launched in.

Bummer though, word from one of the testers is that that Emma costume is her chase =/

hamchan

Yeah Chase costumes are dumb. With all these extra loot rarity tiers surely we don't need the chase costume concept anymore. Just let us buy the awesome looking costumes.

Ken

?

Pretty sure there will be another chase costume sale with that included in the future, unless I'm missing something.

Hell the real buff is getting rid of the synergies. That will open up so many more possibilities until they give him the full look over.

yea.

Hello sir.

Iron Man's rework involves several VFX, audio, animation and art components. For that reason, and that reason alone, it will not be released until after patch 1.2.

It's our great desire to have Iron Man be extremely powerful and fun. He is powerful in patch 1.2 due to numbers adjustment and will be more fun once his rework is complete.

It will be complete in September, but definitely before October.

Thank you for your patience and I apologize if my communication on this subject has been poor.

kinda makes me wanna wait to sept then lol.

Yeah Chase costumes are dumb. With all these extra loot rarity tiers surely we don't need the chase costume concept anymore. Just let us buy the awesome looking costumes.

Make more sense to keep them on a tight leash, as it raises their worth and essentially makes them more desirable. When they do put them up for limited sales, people will pay high prices and will rush to buy compared to readily available cheaper costume options.

And extra tiers of loot in this game doesn't really mean a thing. Game has no end game or real gear progression. Leveling itself is pointless once you get past the 30's without that end game. It's a progression with no real purpose at the moment. All they do is make the content easier and giving players more loot options is just making it even easier now, while making none of it really needed.

Bummer though, word from one of the testers is that that Emma costume is her chase =/

I will be super pissed, if that is Emmas chase costume.
If it is, I'll just have to save 600 extra splinters and hope they turn up in the splinter store again.
I cant imagine any of her other costumes, matching that one, in sheer awesomeness.

hamchan

Make more sense to keep them on a tight leash, as it raises their worth and essentially makes them more desirable. When they do put them up for limited sales, people will pay high prices and will rush to buy compared to readily available cheaper costume options.

And extra tiers of loot in this game doesn't really mean a thing. Game has no end game or real gear progression. Leveling itself is pointless once you get past the 30's without that end game. It's a progression with no real purpose at the moment. All they do is make the content easier and giving players more loot options is just making it even easier now, while making none of it really needed.

The extra tiers of loot are coming in the same patch as the difficulty modes, which I assume will become the new endgame instead of those awful daily terminals, with Doom Superheroic on level 60 being the final goal for now.

Looks like declaring that outfit as a chase was jumping the gun. Now that the NDA has been lifted other testers have confirmed that the Emma costume is a regular one and is being sold for 450G (not sure if that'll be final).

I will be super pissed, if that is Emmas chase costume.

No need to worry anymore =)

Looks like declaring that outfit as a chase was jumping the gun. Now that the NDA has been lifted other testers have confirmed that the Emma costume is a regular one and is being sold for 450G (not sure if that'll be final).

No need to worry anymore =)

It seems strange to have a costume like that for only 450g. I thought it would be 950g, for sure.
Usually the 450g outfits are pretty ordinary looking, IIRC.
As long as its in the store in some form , I'll be happy.

Some neat new things with cosmics it looks like. You can buy a random cosmic for your character for 20 splinters, and buy a recipe to reroll the stats on your existing cosmics for 100 cube shards. The mats for rerolling are one of each refined material, an unstable molecule (which drop more in Red Terminals now) and 10k credits.

Much better floating combat text too:

kcn1.png

Wallach

Test Center will be public sometime soon tonight. Live patch will probably follow sometime mid next week, I figure.

I'll probably fire up the stream to muck about on the TC whenever it shows up.

ElRenoRaven

OMG. Just got done playing a few minutes before I leave for work on the test center and Emma is awesome. As an old school Warlock player in WOW I'm going to love her. Just mind controlling enemies and using them as a pet is awesome as hell. I love how the pet even draws some aggro. I'm going to enjoy her a ton.

FeD.nL

So I just started playing today and loving every second so far. After getting Daredevil up to 12 I decided it was worth investing some money in and I bought Cable and wow i'm having a blast so far. Level 16 Cable atm and I can't wait to play some more. But correct me if i'm wrong, heroes don't drop anymore, right? And costumes are they ultra rare drops?

Yeah, minus her best outfit.
It seems kinda silly to only put 2 outfits in her pack, when other characters get 3.

But correct me if i'm wrong, heroes don't drop anymore, right? And costumes are they ultra rare drops?

Heroes dont drop and costume drops are so rare, you are much better off just buying the outfit you want.
Personally, I now buy my heroes with splinters and my costumes with cash.

Wallach

The build coming up tonight will remove all enemy defense from the game, as well as remove defense penetration as a stat on gear and skills. Enemy health will be adjusted and normalized against player damage.

For all the ways I'm not for removing itemization complexity, this is one I generally agree with. Enemy mitigation's relationship with defense penetration is too abstract for players to realistically make gear choices around outside of incredibly specific situations. It's also in the end the only effect it has is to make more damage, and there are already enough competing dynamics to cover that function.

Top Bottom