• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Wow this latest build has really made Midtown enjoyable as Scarlet Witch. Not only can she finally take hits, but Chaotic Hex (formerly the basic power Menacing Hex) is really fun to use and it can do some insane damage with its procs. Coupled with her Teleport, SW is a beast now.

Also got this unique for Iron Man. Super sad it had to happen on the TC =(

stpu.png

Wallach

Wow this latest build has really made Midtown enjoyable as Scarlet Witch. Not only can she finally take hits, but Chaotic Hex (formerly the basic power Menacing Hex) is really fun to use and it can do some insane damage with its procs. Coupled with her Teleport, SW is a beast now.

Also got this unique for Iron Man. Super sad it had to happen on the TC =(

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/7993/stpu.png

Wow, pretty sweet item. At least it wasn't a chase costume.

Thor is such a monster right now. Even Hulk doesn't feel like he matches up at the moment.

ElRenoRaven

So can't wait. Emma is fun as hell. The changes they made really do help until they can do a good proper pass on some of the heroes like Iron Man.

They wanted to released it in a polished-up state which they couldn't achieve by the Big August patch deadline (lol).

I'm probably just going to stick to FFXIV for a little bit.

Meh it was the only thing I was waiting on, bored of everything else.

GManDH

are we going to start playing together and doing MM and dailies more often?? also this isnt like diablo where if u die on superheroic u lose forever right??

inky

Sweet. I'll give it a try as soon as it is up. Perfect for catching up with some of the podcasts as well.

Edit:

A random Cosmic is now available from Adam Warlock for 42 Eternity Splinters! This cosmic will be for the character you are playing as when you open the box.

This sounds expensive and not worth it at all, but I guess it is there for UP buyers and not for us plebs.

are we going to start playing together and doing MM and dailies more often??

From what I understand the group queuing won't be until next patch for MM.

From what I understand, Superheroic is like Inferno. Not Hardcore

More of an equivalent to Hell since it's for leveling and not where you farm endgame. But yeah no permanent deaths, just a 50% less exp debuff that lasts until you kill 100 enemies.

inky

I thought the debuff was just until you killed 50 enemies.

Also, the defeats counter is being reset to 0 for everyone. Good news if you had an eye on one of the bloodstone artifacts. (I had 90 deaths with Thor =S)

GManDH

From what I understand the group queuing won't be until next patch for MM.

More of an equivalent to Hell since it's for leveling and not where you farm endgame. But yeah no permanent deaths, just a 50% less exp debuff that lasts until you kill 100 enemies.

OOO i thought that was this patch. also the different difficulties isnt for leveling up? what is the easiest way to level up. i want to get into the 50s, then ill go more for gear. but im so sick of damn 40sland.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Good patch today. The game is finally starting to feel complete. Also if you've been holding off on playing Jean Grey now would be a good time to jump in, she's quite a beast.

inky

I'm very happy that they dropped every synergy in Thor's tree. Before, I had to drop as many as 30 points just to have 1 melee basic power do proper damage. This opens up quite a few possible new abilities for my build.

Wallach

What do you recommend for core on Hulk?

Well, with Hulk his two most important stats will max naturally. I'd recommend 1% Life Leech along with pretty much whatever else you want; +1 Fighting, 25% HP/SP on Medkit, 2s Invulnerability on Medkit are good secondary choices.

KePoW

Banned
Well, with Hulk his two most important stats will max naturally. I'd recommend 1% Life Leech along with pretty much whatever else you want; +1 Fighting, 25% HP/SP on Medkit, 2s Invulnerability on Medkit are good secondary choices.

Got it, thanks for the info!

J-Tier

Has Doop's chance of spawning been increased? I've encountered him several times now.

What's funny is he's totally useless when you "mind control" him as your pet (Emma's skill). All he does is run away.

Yeah they increased Doop's spawn rate.

And well, of course he's gonna run away if you mindcontrol him, that's what he does. :D But at least you can claim to have a Doop pet!

Also, random, I had 400 G sitting on my account, so I decided to buy 4 of the new fortune cards, and well hello there pretty lil Gold Ultron.
I love having pets

Somebody on the official forums made a photoshop of the White Queen suit, added fur to the coat and gave her the shorter hairstyle she had in her original appearance. Looks so much better!

Edit: fixed image link :V

Wallach

This patch is awesome. Not perfect, but totally re-energized my desire to play. They've come a really long way in a fairly short time with this game.

I also finally sat down and started to level Cable, and man he is awesome. Really wish I had started him earlier, he's definitely the most fun hero I've played to date. Probably my new focus.

The new patch seems pretty good.
Emma looks great (in her xmen outfit) and is fun to use.
Im not sure why I had to play through story mode all over again, just to unlock those sections.
Traditionally, when I started a new character, I could choose to re-start the story or not. Now, it seems the player is forced to.

GManDH

just played new patch and had a blast. loving everything about it, except the fact that u cant have a level 20 power without being level like 50 or i think even 60 now. also, 45+ IS A GRIND. can anyone advise me a way to try and get to at least 50 not too long time. i saw my exp requirement for level 46-47, its over 1M might even be 10M.

Wallach

just played new patch and had a blast. loving everything about it, except the fact that u cant have a level 20 power without being level like 50 or i think even 60 now. also, 45+ IS A GRIND. can anyone advise me a way to try and get to at least 50 not too long time. i saw my exp requirement for level 46-47, its over 1M might even be 10M.

Level in red terminals or superheroic story mode. Midtown sucks ass for experience.

GManDH

Level in red terminals or superheroic story mode. Midtown sucks ass for experience.

WHAT? you mean replay story mode for better experience? just go to prologue and itll reset everything or do i have to go to the guy that resets everything?

WHAT? you mean replay story mode for better experience? just go to prologue and itll reset everything or do i have to go to the guy that resets everything?

Open your Hero Roster tab and at the bottom you can change the difficulty of the story mode. Each one up gives more experience and better loot. It's also worth noting that you do get the permanent health, spirit, and power point bonuses again each time you go through, so it's worth doing again.

GManDH

Open your Hero Roster tab and at the bottom you can change the difficulty of the story mode. Each one up gives more experience and better loot. It's also worth noting that you do get the permanent health, spirit, and power point bonuses again each time you go through, so it's worth doing again.

no i get that part but i mean do i just teleport to the prologue or do i do something else?

Top Bottom