• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

inky

Hmm that's it? So why do people pay real money for it?

Well, some do because those backgrounds and emoticons can be rare and can be sold for even more, believe it or not. Others because it raises your "steam level" which gives you a larger friend list and might include more perks in the future.You don't get a full set of cards for free because drops are limited, so you either have to trade or buy them to craft a set, and you can craft one more than once, and there's also foils, etc.

I've sold most of my cards and have made about $40 since they were implemented, so I can't complain, but ya, it's pointless.

J-Tier

I pop in every now and then. Most likely on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Weekends.

Most of us have been waiting for:

patches -> play -> stop playing until next patch -> play again -> etc etc.

The endless cycle. Anyways, gonna shoot for level 60 with my Black Panther...

Xevren

I pop in every now and then. Most likely on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Weekends.

Most of us have been waiting for:

patches -> play -> stop playing until next patch -> play again -> etc etc.

The endless cycle. Anyways, gonna shoot for level 60 with my Black Panther...

I do that a lot too. Just been playing a lot more than usual this weekend. Got Scarlet up to 58 and Thing to 51. Probably start pushing harder on Thing, love his damage.

GManDH

I do that a lot too. Just been playing a lot more than usual this weekend. Got Scarlet up to 58 and Thing to 51. Probably start pushing harder on Thing, love his damage.

im trying to get my colo up to 50 and then try to get to 60. i need help leveling him up? want to team up and do some hardcore gaming to get some big exp.

Ailike

I've been trying to level different chars in preparation for the synergy, but there's only so many times to can run story mode before you need to take a breather.

KePoW

Banned
I've been trying to level different chars in preparation for the synergy, but there's only so many times to can run story mode before you need to take a breather.

I still enjoy Midtown a lot. And mix it up with random terminals here and there.

Ken

I think I leveled like 8 characters to 40ish before they got rid of being able to swap characters in missions lol.

X-Defense is up on the Test Center if anyone is curious to try it out.

Figured I'd give it a shot with Scarlet Witch solo and boy it wasn't pretty. Got overrun by wave 4. I expect Thor will do great compared to a lot of other heroes solo, but this is definitely something we'll need to group for.

Just donate everything. Really isn't much else to it.

It also helps to buy out the inventory of the gear and weapon seller to donate to the crafter. Also the daily bloodstone artifact from the shard seller is worth at least 1000 xp.

The best way to get experience is probably red terminals if you can clear them quickly or superheroic story mode. Cow level is good once you're around 50.

KePoW

Banned
Do you have any +find boost? Carrying items over between characters or anything? Or just fresh gear?

Guess I've just been unlucky in any case though!

No I don't have much +find boost. It's just luck but it's possible to get low-level cosmics, they drop anytime.

Xevren

Got Thor's Destroyer costume from a fortune card. Now the decision of saving splinters for Thor...or just throwing it and 2 other costumes for a random one. That costume does look pretty bleh. Hmm.

KePoW

Banned
X-Defense is out on live! Although they are considering it "open beta" stage

Haven't tried it yet because there's no automatic grouping, and you need 5 people I think.

Ken

Xtse6Qr.jpg

!?!?!?!

Reworking Iron Man took as long as building a new hero with all the new VFX, sounds, icons, animations and powers.

Next week we will give details on all the changes, but here is a screenshot of his new tree to tide you over: http://i.imgur.com/Xtse6Qr.jpg

sleepykyo

Tried x-defense. Took about 10 minutes to get a group. Was fun for a while then around wave 12-13, it got pretty frustrating as more time was spent getting back to the fight than fighting. Is there an end or is it endless?

Wallach

Loot's really improved with this small X-Defense patch. Maybe too much, I have found six uniques since it went live already. Then again maybe that's okay with how the game is setup, I don't know. I'm enjoying it at the moment at least.

Loot's really improved with this small X-Defense patch. Maybe too much, I have found six uniques since it went live already.

A lot of people on the forums have been saying this, but after four hours of doing Green/Red Terminals and Midtown, I've got nothing to show for it. Not even a cosmic. I feel left out. How much Rarity Find are you rolling with?

Wallach

A lot of people on the forums have been saying this, but after four hours of doing Green/Red Terminals and Midtown, I've got nothing to show for it. Not even a cosmic. I feel left out. How much Rarity Find are you rolling with?

I think like 36%. All about X-Defense and Midtown; I've gotten 5 now out of X-Defense and 2 from Midtown.

KePoW

Banned

You need to be doing X-Defense, that's where the loot is.

No exaggeration... the very first one I did on live, it was in the level 20-29 tier and I got one unique & three cosmics. And we only got to Wave 9.

That's pretty good.

Xevren

You need to be doing X-Defense, that's where the loot is.

No exaggeration... the very first one I did on live, it was in the level 20-29 tier and I got one unique & three cosmics. And we only got to Wave 9.

That's pretty good.

My luck in x-defense has been awful. It's so weird, even going up to the 30's I get nothing. I've gotten good drops from MM and red terms though.

I think I hate x-defense.

Wallach

My luck in x-defense has been awful. It's so weird, even going up to the 30's I get nothing. I've gotten good drops from MM and red terms though.

I think I hate x-defense.

The way it was up to now, running past wave 10-12 was really inefficient for loot purposes. Better to just reset. They just took the server down for a hotfix which will adjust the scaling though, so that may not be true when the servers come back up.

Top Bottom