• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

After you do well enough times, you get moved from the newbie brackets to veteran ones, which means you need to score a lot more points.
This is what I warned you guys about on the previous pages.

Oh that was about PvP? I had no idea that that worked that way, I didn't even participate in PvP until recently cause I thought everyone would have really powerful teams. I don't think the game ever explained fuck all about PvP.

Oh that was about PvP? I had no idea that that worked that way, I didn't even participate in PvP until recently cause I thought everyone would have really powerful teams. I don't think the game ever explained fuck all about PvP.
It applies to both PvE and PvP. Basically, everything outside of the prologue.

Oh god I opened my Heroic 10 pack and got 2 legendarys

Now I have 4 single cover legendarys, Star-Lord, Wolverine, Carnage and Nick Fury. I'm guessing I should hang on to them all?

Also too many 3 stars, hard choices to make.

Yeah I've definitely gotten very lucky, all 4 of them dropped randomly, I earned none.

This actually sucks, I don't have more than 2 covers for any of my 3 stars so none of them are usable for now.

Yeah the first node is actually pretty hard, I usually just do whatever in these "try out these high level characters" nodes and easily win but you actually have to play well in that one. Thankfully you don't have to use any health packs to retry it over and over.

zulux21

Yeah they are all 100. It took me 3 tries. The first two I just couldn't get the tiles I needed.

ah, I ended with half my hp but I could see how it could go bad if things didn't go write as you are using 3 meh characters.

I am not even sure what I am going to do with mr fantastic, he doesn't seem to be all that fantastic.

shaowebb

Man...Reed Richards plays even WORSE than I suspected. Just totally useless. Oooooooh he heals and can stun/shield. Meh. I've seen 3 stars waaaaaaay better than this guy. Actually was a struggle to win with him saddled on my team in that opening gauntlet with him Quicksilver and Hawkguy.

Dump him. Here's hoping Ultron Prime is a 5 star.

zulux21

Man...Reed Richards plays even WORSE than I suspected. Just totally useless. Oooooooh he heals and can stun/shield. Meh. I've seen 3 stars waaaaaaay better than this guy. Actually was a struggle to win with him saddled on my team in that opening gauntlet with him Quicksilver and Hawkguy.

Dump him. Here's hoping Ultron Prime is a 5 star.

I wouldn't recommend dumping him if you got him. I decided to go after him for the sole reason that they haven't made it clear how the new node in deadpool will work aside from the fact you will be facing 4 star deadpool. it could be possible that a 4 star might be required on your team to get the token and it would suck to miss out on one just because you sold a character :p

I wouldn't recommend dumping him if you got him. I decided to go after him for the sole reason that they haven't made it clear how the new node in deadpool will work aside from the fact you will be facing 4 star deadpool. it could be possible that a 4 star might be required on your team to get the token and it would suck to miss out on one just because you sold a character :p

You mean like you would need the 4-star already in order to get covers for them (like with the 3-star of the day)? 'Cause I have 4 other 4-stars that are better that Mr. F atm, so I'd be able to do a generic 4-star required mission, just not one that requires that specific character.

I haven't done jack this season. It's been pretty said. Not even gonna hit the 10-pack at this rate.

zulux21

You mean like you would need the 4-star already in order to get covers for them (like with the 3-star of the day)? 'Cause I have 4 other 4-stars that are better that Mr. F atm, so I'd be able to do a generic 4-star required mission, just not one that requires that specific character.

I haven't done jack this season. It's been pretty said. Not even gonna hit the 10-pack at this rate.

well I was referring to exactly like the 3 star one but instead of unlocking a cover match you just get a token thus every 5 days or whatever a new 4 star is required in order to get the token for that period.

we will have to see how things go, ideally no one is required for the mission, but it wouldn't surprise me if they set extra limitations to make people have to buy more roster slots.

I tried doing the 3 star deadpool mission but that shit ain't happening for now lol, I got halfway through the third wave before dying and I got pretty lucky too. I'm guessing I need to have 3 maxed out 2 star characters at the very least to even try and finish that, maybe even more. I didn't know I could get 2 taco tokens a day though, I missed out on too many of those :/

zulux21

I tried doing the 3 star deadpool mission but that shit ain't happening for now lol, I got halfway through the third wave before dying and I got pretty lucky too. I'm guessing I need to have 3 maxed out 2 star characters at the very least to even try and finish that, maybe even more. I didn't know I could get 2 taco tokens a day though, I missed out on too many of those :/

Step 1: max out 2 star black widow. (she is a must for waves when you are starting as her mana steal + healing means you can keep yourself fueled, the enemy not fueled and keep your hp up)

step 2: build the rest of the team :p

but yeah at this point for you getting as many tacos as you can would help.

It would be possible to win using Thor, OBW, and Storm. You'll need to max them out though.

I am pretty sure they said you need a specific 4 star each time to win the legendary token.

My Thor and Storm are good as far as covers go but I still need to level them up(it gets pretty expensive), I've just recently started to collect OBW covers so that'll take some time. It's okay though, I'll just take whatever heroics and tacos the game gives me until I got what I want.

My tactic was to go in with Thor Storm Mags and keep fueling Storms blue with Mags pink but I'm way too underleveled to keep that going for long.

well I was referring to exactly like the 3 star one but instead of unlocking a cover match you just get a token thus every 5 days or whatever a new 4 star is required in order to get the token for that period.

we will have to see how things go, ideally no one is required for the mission, but it wouldn't surprise me if they set extra limitations to make people have to buy more roster slots.

I am pretty sure they said you need a specific 4 star each time to win the legendary token.

Ahh, OK. Better than nothing, I guess.

zulux21

Ahh, OK. Better than nothing, I guess.

it wouldn't be that horrible of a way to do it as you unlock tokens that will get you more 4 stars that will let you do more of them.

it feels about right for my roster at least as I have finished a number of my 3 stars thanks to tacos and daily covers.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Is there any space in the gaf alliance?

Also, what teams should I go with? Whom should I level besides my lvl 70 ant man and 40 daken?

Completely winging this haha

Lashley

I love Ant-Man

Just started PvP, can I get any newb tips? Should I just keep doing it since rewards seem decent?

Hulks helping me atm with my Lvl 70 Ant-Man and lvl 40 Daken

I love Ant-Man

Just started PvP, can I get any newb tips? Should I just keep doing it since rewards seem decent?

Hulks helping me atm with my Lvl 70 Ant-Man and lvl 40 Daken
Don't play any event unless you be sure to place top 50 so you don't waste your newbie bracket. Don't climb too early or you will get beaten back down. Use the skip button to avoid hard fights. Don't fight anyone except the seed teams if they are worth less than 35 points. Make sure you get the token at 300.

Lashley

Don't play any event unless you be sure to place top 50 so you don't waste your newbie bracket. Don't climb too early or you will get beaten back down. Use the skip button to avoid hard fights. Don't fight anyone except the seed teams if they are worth less than 35 points. Make sure you get the token at 300.

Yeah, I'm being put against teams at lvl 70 etc now :(

How will I know I can place top 50?

How can I skip?

Skip button is bottom left when you click on each node.
If you join a bracket late with only a few hundred people in it, you have a good chance.
If you join and are 990 and the #10 spot has 1000 points, you won't win.

Lashley

BvY9151.jpg

Should I leave it as it is or keep playing?

Why is top 50 important?

Lashley

Right at rank 15. Got token. Close to getting hero points. Will get those then leave it.

Should I try and get rank 1 or leave it?

Right at rank 15. Got token. Close to getting hero points. Will get those then leave it.

Should I try and get rank 1 or leave it?

You can if you want to go for it, but it's really tough since you will be a prime target. When others see you in their three nodes, you'll have the most points as you get close to #1 so you'll be an attractive target.

Lashley

You can if you want to go for it, but it's really tough since you will be a prime target. When others see you in their three nodes, you'll have the most points as you get close to #1 so you'll be an attractive target.

I'll leave it

Why is being in top 50 sought after?

Also, I've 1 more roster spot. Captain Marvel or Astonishing X-Men Wolverine? Both are 2 stars

EDIT: oh, nevermind, unlocked 3* Ragnarok and he took the last spot

My Thor and Storm are good as far as covers go but I still need to level them up(it gets pretty expensive), I've just recently started to collect OBW covers so that'll take some time. It's okay though, I'll just take whatever heroics and tacos the game gives me until I got what I want.

My tactic was to go in with Thor Storm Mags and keep fueling Storms blue with Mags pink but I'm way too underleveled to keep that going for long.
You should take that team and hit the versus simulator. Or substitute Kamala or Marvel for magneto.
You could probably get a bunch of iso and 2 star covers that way.

Lashley

For most events, top 50 ensures you win HP. It also means you have room to fall when attacked and still get the cover prize.

Oh so you get HP for bein in top 50? Whats the prizes for top 50

Thanks for all the help

I'm 13th with 6h left, think I'll stay top 50?

Dalek

Oh so you get HP for bein in top 50? Whats the prizes for top 50

Thanks for all the help

I'm 13th with 6h left, think I'll stay top 50?

In each event you can click the little trophy icon and see what the rewards are for placement. The higher the placement, the better the rewards. You will most likely not hold that position for 6 hours. Additionally, because your team is most likely failry weak-it will be attacked by higher level teams-and you'll lose placement. The only way to prevent this is to shield yourself. But that costs HP and I don't recommend you do this for a long, long time.

You should take that team and hit the versus simulator. Or substitute Kamala or Marvel for magneto.
You could probably get a bunch of iso and 2 star covers that way.
Mags would be in my default team but he's only 39 so I don't like to use him for pvp unless I'm going up against a team without offense but lots of health(single cover lvl 70s mostly), the team I use the most is Thor Storm Marvel, but Marvel is going to get subbed as soon as I can get someone else leveled since she doesn't synergize well with Thor.

Should be using Kamala more often though, her yellow and purple powers are super valuable. Kinda forgot about her after my other characters got ahead in levels.

Top Bottom