• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

zulux21

hmmm they are slightly ahead of when I figured they would do this (I figured it would be part of the 2 year stuff) anyways good news for you that are sick of all of the 4 stars... it's finally here... 5 star time
BrR7wkS.png

Q: How do you earn Silver Surfer and future 5-Star characters?
A: You can earn 5-star characters in Legendary packs. These packs will contain only 4-star characters and better. At first, the odds will consist of 95% 4-star characters and 5% for Silver Surfer. The proportion of 5-Stars in these packs will increase when we release two more 5-Star characters.

You can earn Legendary packs in the following ways:
• As the progression reward at 1300 in Versus (starting on 9/10).
• As a new progression reward in Story events (starting on 9/10).
• One of the 4-Stars in the Deadpool Daily Quest Vault is replaced with a Legendary Token (starting on 9/11).
• As the Top 100 Alliance reward each season (starting with Season XIX).
• As an additional season progression reward at 10,000 in Season XIX.
• In Heroic and event packs; 42-packs now become 40-packs - plus a Legendary token.
• Last, but not least! We’re adding a new mission type to Deadpool’s Daily Quest. Every 5 days, there will be a very challenging face-off mission between one particular 4-Star and one opponent. Beat that mission and you’ll get a Legendary pack. (The first mission of this type will appear on 9/15.)

We’ll also be introducing additional ways to earn Legendary packs in new features we’re working on now and aren’t quite ready to announce.

so it looks like getting 4 stars will become easier

How strong will 5-Star characters be?
A: 5-Star characters will be usable as soon as you earn them. Where 3 and 4-Stars need 8 to 10 covers before they match the power of a maxed 2-Star or 3-Star, 5-Star characters need only a few covers to match the power of a maxed 4-Star.

Q: Will 5-Star characters be available for purchase?
A: 5-Star characters can’t be purchased. 5-Stars are epic and developing these characters will be a long-term goal. You'll need to collect each of the covers to upgrade their powers.

Q: When will Silver Surfer (and 5-Star characters) be available?
A: Silver Surfer (the first of the 5-Star characters) will be available starting on September 10th. We've planned for three 5-Star characters through November 2015, one a month, to ensure there's variety and strategy in the 5-Star tier. After that, we'll evaluate what the release schedule for future 5-Stars will be.

Q: Can you tell us about Silver Surfer?
A: Norrin Radd took up the mantle of Herald of Galactus in order to save his planet. He wields the Power Cosmic, in the defense of freedom for sentient beings throughout the galaxy. In Marvel Puzzle Quest, the Skyrider utilizes this power to deal concussive blasts, create black hole-like tiles that consume the tiles around them to charge the team’s powers, heal himself, and charge tiles with energy for friends to use.

Dalek

hmmm they are slightly ahead of when I figured they would do this (I figured it would be part of the 2 year stuff) anyways good news for you that are sick of all of the 4 stars... it's finally here... 5 star time

I don't even know what to say.

zulux21

I don't even know what to say.

read my updated post if you haven't, it might make you feel better as it means 4 stars might become useful and now 5 stars will be what to ignore :p

though I mean 1 4 star cover every 5 days will still take forever to make them useful, it's still better than 1 4 star cover a month lol.

but I have been saying this is coming for a while :p

Dalek

Looking at those things-the only way I'll have of getting any of them is every 5 days with a Legendary Pack. But that's better than nothing I guess.

shaowebb

Last, but not least! We’re adding a new mission type to Deadpool’s Daily Quest. Every 5 days, there will be a very challenging face-off mission between one particular 4-Star and one opponent. Beat that mission and you’ll get a Legendary pack. (The first mission of this type will appear on 9/15.)

Thats all I needed to hear :)

zulux21

Who else could be 5 Star? I would have considered Professor X 5 Star.

Galactus? Adam Warlock? God Doom?
5 star mags
5 star wolverine
5 star prof x..
captain marvel (male version)
okay with those out of the way... uh *quick google search* perhaps

apocalypse
galactus
beyonder
kronos
master order
Destroyer
master hate
impossible man
magus
mistress love
infinity
morg
franklin richards
lord chaos
ego
phoenix force
tyrant
gladiator
ect

so my guess would be Thanos would be one of them
Odin would also make sense
a 5 star version of juggernaught would be horrifying lol
Doctor strange would be fun

also in a random tease on the forums the following characters were all posted in the same picture
"Quasar, Beta Ray Bill, Gladiator, Nova Prime, Silver Surfer"

zulux21

a little bit more details about the first 5 star

They will start at level 255, and max out at level 450. It will cost roughly 550K Iso-8 to do so.
Each cover will add 15 to their max level.
These covers cannot be purchased. They can only be found in Legendary Tokens, which cannot be purchased and must be found in events.
They have planned 3 characters to be released over 3 months, until November 2015.

Silver Singularity
Silver Surfer can select a place to put a Black Hole tile on the board, which will consume tiles around it every turn, generating AP.
Both of his other abilities will generate Charged tiles as a side effect, complementing this power.

Blue ability
This ability will make him immune to stun, the first time a playable character has been given this ability. As mentioned above, it will also generate charged tiles in some way.

NineH

If I am lucky enough to get Silver Surfer, I wonder if it will make the PvE scaling go through the roof since he is already at level 255 when the rest of my roster is just level 166 guys.

If I am lucky enough to get Silver Surfer, I wonder if it will make the PvE scaling go through the roof since he is already at level 255 when the rest of my roster is just level 166 guys.

You'd have to think they'd adjust for that, right? Valid concern though. I've only got one option I could take above 166 (IW) but I haven't for that very reason.

I don't really understand why it starts at level 255.

*: level 1
**: level 15
***: level 40
****: level 70
*****: level 255

That just seems insane to me, make it start at 120 or something.

zulux21

I don't really understand why it starts at level 255.

*: level 1
**: level 15
***: level 40
****: level 70
*****: level 255

That just seems insane to me, make it start at 120 or something.

they wanted them to be immediately useful for even people that have 4 star teams. In another year or so when we get our first 6 star it will likely start at level 450 or so :p

I get that but now it's actually bad to get a 5 star if your team isn't anywhere close to 255. Like if I somehow got one it would completely fuck me over in PvE.

zulux21

DUN DUN DUN silver surfer info

dat hp and tile damage :p
as for this move, it alone feels a bit expensive until you take into account it also makes him immune to stuns in general, which can be useful against the right things.

this move seems fine, at 7 it's not to expensive, but it also does a bit less damage than I would expect at this level, but they also have three 5 stars in the works right now so perhaps one of them uses charge tiles or places strike tiles in a more meaningful way to make the damage just a touch better. (I mean yes 8k for 7ap is good, but we are also looking at characters with 56k hp now which means it would take 6 of these to go off to kill something and we don't have any characters that can easily strike tile on those levels to make it faster like you can do with the 3 star characters right now)

so part of the idea with charged tiles seem to be with this move as it will eat them and what not, i am reading you place it so it could be an angry combo, but I don't see this being a great use of charge tiles *shrugs* also it seems 4/5 matches can kill it and moves like headbutt from juggs can kill it you just can't match it.

so overall it's clear he is powerful and clear where the end game is going, and while his stats seem impressive I have to question if they will remotely feel that way when we see other 5 stars.

also i am reading that a number of 4 stars will be getting buffs to help bridge the gap between 4 and 5 after a few more 5 stars are out.

Only 300 points away from that heroic 10 pack, should help me out a lot. I hope I get a few covers for some of my 3 stars and it doesn't give me more new 3-stars, I'm already starved for roster spots.

They're working extra hard to get me to not care about any PVP this season. Every reward has been trash characters. IM40? Cmon son.

Triz

I just hit 3k in the season and finally got the 5th green for black widow. If I ever decide to level her lol.

How'd you avoid getting knocked back down constantly?

Fairly early on, I got to about 1000 pts, and just stayed there a bit. I fortunately didn't get knocked back down too far. Since then I've been doing a fight here and there, and it just so happened I inched my way up to about 1600 pts as of the other night. I tried to stay in the top 100 but not like top 10, just enough to count but not be a target.

Then today I decided I wanted to make a run at 2000, and fortunately didn't get hit at all on the way up. Since then, though, I've lost a good few hundred points, but that doesn't matter, because I have my cover!

Whoa I just got a Star-Lord cover from a Taco Token. I never thought this would happen!

I'm saving up those Taco Tokens now. I've got about 40 of each. The wait is killing me. Not sure when to bite the bullet and use them, though. At 100? At 300? I can't even imagine.

Spoit

How'd you avoid getting knocked back down constantly?
Yeah like campino said, you just need to float somewhere in the safe zone in the thousands, then do the last sprint to 2k during a half hour or so block, before your points update propagates.

That's also a good way to do normal pvp too, while it's probably easier to go to 1k or so on the first climb, then climb back up on retals, if you stop yourself at like 7-800, you usually aren't attacked as much on the 2nd climb for 1.3k

Malmorian

My fucking luck i'm telling ya :/

6 3*'s in the past 3 days...and all of them are duplicates. Really hoping that my upcoming 10 pack will have at least something usable

The longer a season goes the more vicious PvP gets it seems, is this normal? I went from easily getting top 10 or top 25 to barely being able to stay in top 100.

The longer a season goes the more vicious PvP gets it seems, is this normal? I went from easily getting top 10 or top 25 to barely being able to stay in top 100.
After you do well enough times, you get moved from the newbie brackets to veteran ones, which means you need to score a lot more points.
This is what I warned you guys about on the previous pages.

Top Bottom