• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
In each event you can click the little trophy icon and see what the rewards are for placement. The higher the placement, the better the rewards. You will most likely not hold that position for 6 hours. Additionally, because your team is most likely failry weak-it will be attacked by higher level teams-and you'll lose placement. The only way to prevent this is to shield yourself. But that costs HP and I don't recommend you do this for a long, long time.

My team is lvl 70 Ant-Man, the Hulk who you get given and a lvl 40 Daken

I won't maintain top 50 at all? :( cba to get up in 6 hours just to play

Will I at least stay top 100? I get Quicksilver

Dalek

My team is lvl 70 Ant-Man, the Hulk who you get given and a lvl 40 Daken

I won't maintain top 50 at all? :( cba to get up in 6 hours just to play

Most people that are playing that place high in these brackets have maxed out 3 star and 4 star characters. you won't last long, I'm sorry to say.

Lashley

Most people that are playing that place high in these brackets have maxed out 3 star and 4 star characters. you won't last long, I'm sorry to say.

Damn, guess next time I'll just have to start playing with a few hours to go

EDIT: Will it notify me where I finish when I wake up?

Should I keep or sell

1* Venom, yelena belova, Juggernaught
2* captain marvel, wolverine

Dalek

Damn, guess next time I'll just have to start playing with a few hours to go

EDIT: Will it notify me where I finish when I wake up?

Should I keep or sell

1* Venom, yelena belova, Juggernaught
2* captain marvel, wolverine

Keep Juggernaut and Wolvie for sure. I've never kept Yelena. I'd keep Captain Marvel if you have the slots, just so she can help you progress more. Once you get her 3 star counterpart, the 2 star one can go.

Lashley

Keep Juggernaut and Wolvie for sure. I've never kept Yelena. I'd keep Captain Marvel if you have the slots, just so she can help you progress more. Once you get her 3 star counterpart, the 2 star one can go.

Will do, thanks for your help

Lashley

dropped from 9 to 13, hopefully stay in top 100 for Quicksilver

How do I stay in the newbie bracket? Got beaten by a guy before with Thor, Hulk & Wolverine 3*, tried to fight back but got destroyed

Don't get into fights you can't win, generally look for fights you can get a high amount of points in but can still reliably win(barring a disaster).

So if you encounter a team that outlevels yours by a lot just skip it.

Lashley

Don't get into fights you can't win, generally look for fights you can get a high amount of points in but can still reliably win(barring a disaster).

So if you encounter a team that outlevels yours by a lot just skip it.

Whats the max rank on the leaderboard I can go before leaving the newbie bracket?

I got up to about #9 in the board today before finding teams too tough even when skipping.

Dalek

dropped from 9 to 13, hopefully stay in top 100 for Quicksilver

How do I stay in the newbie bracket? Got beaten by a guy before with Thor, Hulk & Wolverine 3*, tried to fight back but got destroyed
This is what every player of this game wants to know.

Lashley

Oh :p

Is it viable to have a PvP and PvE team? Or just use the same team for both?

Hoping I'm in the right rank for 3* Quicksilver when this event ends, but who knows :(

zulux21

He is in the newbie bracket though. Not many maxed 3 and 4 teams there.
just me and a few other random people who tend to be in the top :p

it's not that hard you just have to actively do bad in absolutely everything that isn't a cover you absolutely need >.>

aka I enter and do 1 or 0 nodes in most things, but only actually go after a top 100 finish once a month or so (this case I got a top 50 in the last event by playing enough to get the first event token so like 6k points lol). I just get by with dead pool stuff which doesn't seem to effect my brackets *shrugs*

NineH

The new update now mentions when players last played in the alliances tab. Gaf-Vengers has one player, Stevie E, who has not played for 29 days now. Maybe we should boot him and let in Lashley since he seems to be an interested player. I'm sure Stevie E isn't playing anymore and Lashley would appreciate the spot more.

whelp, forget what I said, he's playing again according to the alliance tab where it says he played again today.

Damn, I'm 5 fights away from the end and it's now impossible. X-Force Deadpool, IF and Luke Cage, each with like 15k health. I have nothing near that.

Lashley

Yes! I'll take this

YLT8Ujn.jpg

dKwQWkb.jpg

Lashley

Two questions

What lvl should I lvl my 1* Iron Man model 35?

And when choosing my fighters what do the red and yellow crystals above them mean?

EDIT: Screw these lightning rounds. Made it to top 300 with 20 minutes left, now dropped below top 500.

The gauntlet actually starts becoming really hard once they start throwing 4 star characters at you. I'll be a happy man if I can get that Scarlet Witch cover.

Two questions

And when choosing my fighters what do the red and yellow crystals above them mean?

EDIT: Screw these lightning rounds. Made it to top 300 with 20 minutes left, now dropped below top 500.

I'm not sure if IM35 is useful in the early game these days. I know I used him a lot but that was two years ago.

The red crystals mean that the character is boosted for the event you're currently in. The level # below them indicates the boosted level.

Two questions

Iron Man is pretty good at the beginning, so level him if you intend on using him for the prologue.

The crystals are for boosted characters, either on a weekly rotation or specific to the event.

I seem to have repeated answers, which totally weren't there earlier. Whoops!

zulux21

The new update now mentions when players last played in the alliances tab. Gaf-Vengers has one player, Stevie E, who has not played for 29 days now. Maybe we should boot him and let in Lashley since he seems to be an interested player. I'm sure Stevie E isn't playing anymore and Lashley would appreciate the spot more.

whelp, forget what I said, he's playing again according to the alliance tab where it says he played again today.

that is a nice update as it will make it easier to figure out who has played when (though it seems the commanders don't clearly say when they last played and are the most likely to be deserted accounts at this point)

also it seems that standard tokens got a nerf, now instead of a .00001% chance you can get a 4 star from them there is a 0% chance.

Spoit

well I was referring to exactly like the 3 star one but instead of unlocking a cover match you just get a token thus every 5 days or whatever a new 4 star is required in order to get the token for that period.

we will have to see how things go, ideally no one is required for the mission, but it wouldn't surprise me if they set extra limitations to make people have to buy more roster slots.

Yes, it's a specific 4*, and ONLY that 4*, it's a 1v1 node. And they said you probably aren't going to be able to clear it with a 4 cover lvl 100 guy

zulux21

Yes, it's a specific 4*, and ONLY that 4*, it's a 1v1 node. And they said you probably aren't going to be able to clear it with a 4 cover lvl 100 guy

ah, that sounds horrid. oh well guess I will just continue to not care about the 4 star and above game.

Lashley

that is a nice update as it will make it easier to figure out who has played when (though it seems the commanders don't clearly say when they last played and are the most likely to be deserted accounts at this point)

also it seems that standard tokens got a nerf, now instead of a .00001% chance you can get a 4 star from them there is a 0% chance.

Wait it was a .00001% chance!? I got Ant-Man from my standard token

zulux21

Wait it was a .00001% chance!? I got Ant-Man from my standard token

im not sure what the actual chance was, but it was a stupid small chance, I just used .00001% for an example but I wouldn't be surprised if it was actually .01% or less (aka 1 in 1000 chance where .00001 is one in 1,000,000 :p)

Dalek

Also-I think the system really front loads you with good drops-so you're more likely to get a 4 star cover from a standard token in your first month of playing. Say goodbye to that luck however.

Holy shit, a team of She-Hulk/Kamala/Hood beat Simulation 41, that 4-star Deadpool/Iron Fist/Luke Cage fight.

Spammed She-Hulk's low-AP moves, giving Kamala health and occasionally borrowing an attack tile from Iron Fist. Killed Deadpool first, went at IF, then finished off Luke Cage, each having like 15k health.

Now I just need a damned Mr Fantastic for that last node, booooo.

zulux21

Not true. Nothing has changed about the odds.

I take it someone has gotten a 4 star after the patch? because they changed the wording and now says you can only get 1 2 or 3 stars from tokens.

previously it was possible to get 4 stars from them, it doesn't seem like you can anymore, but if you have seen proof you still can that is another story.

Dalek

Holy shit, a team of She-Hulk/Kamala/Hood beat Simulation 41, that 4-star Deadpool/Iron Fist/Luke Cage fight.

Spammed She-Hulk's low-AP moves, giving Kamala health and occasionally borrowing an attack tile from Iron Fist. Killed Deadpool first, went at IF, then finished off Luke Cage, each having like 15k health.

Now I just need a damned Mr Fantastic for that last node, booooo.

I don't have her fully leveled but She-Hulk can completely devastate a team.

I take it someone has gotten a 4 star after the patch? because they changed the wording and now says you can only get 1 2 or 3 stars from tokens.

previously it was possible to get 4 stars from them, it doesn't seem like you can anymore, but if you have seen proof you still can that is another story.
IceIX confirmed in the forums. They only changed the text, not the odds. He said they didn't want people getting their hopes up and then not getting the 4 star.

Soyouresayingtheresachance.gif

I've gotten to a point in the guantlet in which I'm so reliant on my ap bonuses, luck, and blue ap(Storm's stun) that I'm not sure how many more fights I can clear. Ultron, Blade, Luke Cage is "special tiles" the fight and none of my characters have anything to deal with those unless I'm willing to spend my green ap on Storms green power(which I'm not because I need Thor's damage).

Ah well, wish I could've gotten that Scarlet Witch :(

I've gotten to a point in the guantlet in which I'm so reliant on my ap bonuses, luck, and blue ap(Storm's stun) that I'm not sure how many more fights I can clear. Ultron, Blade, Luke Cage is "special tiles" the fight and none of my characters have anything to deal with those unless I'm willing to spend my green ap on Storms green power(which I'm not because I need Thor's damage).

Ah well, wish I could've gotten that Scarlet Witch :(
Try magneto or capt marvel

Dalek

I'm curious to take a poll. How many days have you tallied in MPQ and what 4 star covers do you have? I'll start.

Day 437
Professor X 4/1/3 (mostly from using HP)
Invisible Woman 2/4/3
Devil Dinosaur 1/1/5
X-Force Wolverine 2/3/1
Nick Fury 2/1/2
Elektra 3/0/0
Thor 2/1/1
Kingpin 0/2/1
Star-Lord 1/1/1
Carnage 1/1/0
Iron Man Hulkbuster 0/1/1
Ant-Man 2/0/0
The Thing 0/1/0

For me, today was resupply day 264, and I have:

X-Force Wolverine 2/2/3
Carnage 1/1/1
Elektra 1/1/1
Hulkbuster 1/0/1
Professor X 1/0/1
Star-Lord 1/1/0
Goddess of Thunder 0/1/1

I also had a Nick Fury, Devil Dinosaur and Invisible Woman, but I had to sell them because I was still in the early game and I had even maxed a ** at that point.

Dalek

For me, today was resupply day 264, and I have:

X-Force Wolverine 2/2/3
Carnage 1/1/1
Elektra 1/1/1
Hulkbuster 1/0/1
Professor X 1/0/1
Star-Lord 1/1/0
Goddess of Thunder 0/1/1

I also had a Nick Fury, Devil Dinosaur and Invisible Woman, but I had to sell them because I was still in the early game and I had even maxed a ** at that point.

I'm not even sure Devil Dinosaur even drops anymore except from the Daily Events. I don't think I've seen anyone with a high level DD.

zulux21

Wow you intentionally kept all of your characters around level 70 or just those?

I have:
Carnage: 1 black
Nick Fury: 1 pink
Star-Lord: 1 pink
Wolverine X-Force: 1 black

55 days

I think that's lucky? I'm not sure.

a lot of my 4 stars are around level 70 because I just don't see a point to level them / don't have enough covers to level them.
I typically just use my characters on this page
plus my maxed out 2 star storm and thor to do anything.

I mean thor store widow for 2 star nodes and panther first for the required character node and patch loki fist for the 3 star wave node gets me through the dead pool dailies without even needing to pay attention and most events I don't care about, I only really go after covers for characters I really want which isn't very many of them.

I mean to be fair most of my roster is 55 or below because I have a ton of 3 stars that I don't really level besides a level here and there when they are required characters for the heck of it. As I have every single 3 star, most of them are nearly fully covered, and all but 1 have at least all 3 abilities. It's just as I said in this thread before, I don't see the point to climb up higher to just face harder enemies when I can instead just manipulate 3 star land to basically let me get covers at will when they show up. It will be interesting to see how this new 5 star stuff goes, and I am at least going to try to get the progression reward from the hulk event, I don't recall getting to 70k being that hard on the hulk event as long as i play like 10 matches a day.

I'm not even sure Devil Dinosaur even drops anymore except from the Daily Events. I don't think I've seen anyone with a high level DD.

correct, he was only with the anniversary stuff, the only current way to get any covers for him is reaching the 1 year log ins, and from that you have to buy the covers. I imagine soon he will be available again. the super sad part is he was a lot more awesome as a 1 star. it was a fun bonus node to play as him in the past, but the actual 4 star has health and that is really it, he really should chomp harder :p

Malmorian

Day 532

XWolvie 5/2/5
Nick Fury 1/2/3
Devil Dino 3/1/1
IW 1/1/2
Ant-Man 2/0/0
Elektra 0/2/0
Hulkbuster 0/2/0
Prof-X 0/1/1
Carnage 0/0/1
Wilson Fisk 0/1/0

Day 598 for me.

X-Force Wolvie, Lv 190, 2/4/5
Nick Fury, Lv 170, 2/4/3
Star-Lord, Lv 145, 2/4/1
Thor, Lv 131, 3/1/2
Invisible Woman, Lv 130, 3/3/4
Elektra, Lv 127, 2/3/0
Devil Dinosaur, Lv 120, 1/2/3
Prof X, Lv 106, 3 blue
Hulkbuster Iron Man, Lv 90, 0/2/1
Kingpin, Lv 90, 2/1/0
Ant-Man, Lv 86, 2 purple
Carnage, Lv 74, 1/0/1
Jean Grey, Lv 74, 1/0/1
X-Force Deadpool, Lv 70, 1 black

Not bad.

Man, only two fights left in the Gauntlet, and I can't beat one (Hulkbuster/IF/Hood) and I can't even attempt the other (need Mr Fantastic). Disappointed.

Top Bottom