• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Dispatch

hmmm I don't think I am going to make the PVE 70k reward. through three rounds I am at 15k with clearing the required nodes twice and every other node once, even with increased points the next few waves doing that will still only net me 40k or so, and I don't care to devote my life the next few days to grinding this to death for a token that will likely net me a green xforce cover just to spite me lol.

I feel the same way. It's just too much work.

Dalek

I wish I could drop down a tier, I can't even get close to top 25 in pvp and I probably won't for a while. Guess I'll have to accept that I'm not going to get more than a single cover in events.

It's perfectly normal. You have to really work your ass off, have good luck and a lot of fully leveled up characters to consistently rank that high.

It's really rare for Storm 2*'s passive to hit hard, but when it does you can just devastate a team instantly, especially when they hit all of your characters with a powerful AOE.
It's perfectly normal. You have to really work your ass off, have good luck and a lot of fully leveled up characters to consistently rank that high.

For the last few I haven't had any luck in owning one of the powered up characters so that's also a bummer. Honestly I have to rely on lucky drops from heroics/tacos more than the event rewards since I'm just not strong enough, it's definitely not from a lack of play time.

Dalek

It's really rare for Storm 2*'s passive to hit hard, but when it does you can just devastate a team instantly, especially when they hit all of your characters with a powerful AOE.

For the last few I haven't had any luck in owning one of the powered up characters so that's also a bummer. Honestly I have to rely on lucky drops from heroics/tacos more than the event rewards since I'm just not strong enough, it's definitely not from a lack of play time.

Believe me, you're doing fine. It takes forever to get good drops in this game. Just keep on keeping on.

NineH

I'm at 50,000 points with 3 days to go so barring something horrific, I think I'll make it and can not grind the nodes as much. My initial goal was to get 10,000 points a day but thankfully I'm ahead of that goal. Of course all this grind will not be worth it because I'm sure I'll get a 4 star which I won't need the cover for though.

Game keeps giving me 3 stars I don't have lol, I just want some covers for the ones I do have :(

Roster slots are becoming really damn expensive too.
Believe me, you're doing fine. It takes forever to get good drops in this game. Just keep on keeping on.
Oh I don't want to come off like I'm complaining or impatient, I know it's going to take a long time before I can reliably get 3 star covers and potentially max one out.

For now I'd settle for getting OBW covers, the moment I actually start collecting them they become more rare than 4 star covers. Game loves giving me Moonstone or Ares though.

Dispatch

I'm at 50,000 points with 3 days to go so barring something horrific, I think I'll make it and can not grind the nodes as much. My initial goal was to get 10,000 points a day but thankfully I'm ahead of that goal. Of course all this grind will not be worth it because I'm sure I'll get a 4 star which I won't need the cover for though.

Wow, I didn't know that many points was even possible so quickly.

Spoit

I wish I could drop down a tier, I can't even get close to top 25 in pvp and I probably won't for a while. Guess I'll have to accept that I'm not going to get more than a single cover in events.

Yeah the end of season pvps are really silly. 1300 wasn't even enough for top 50

zulux21

Yep, my lvl 147 xforce doesn't stand a chance in today's dead pool daily.

i leveled mine to 155 or so and got cyclops down to 3k or so, but yeah, no chance at all unless the board doesn't drop any red or yellow at all and the AI doesn't take black. I expected a hard battle for someone that didn't have a decently covered 4*, I didn't expect a battle that someone who had a max 4* fully leveled still had a good chance of dying to.

oh well, pve is to much of a grind for the progression.
season reward is to much of a grind for 10k points in a season.
pvp is to annoying to deal with getting 1300 points.

guess it will just come down to random luck with tacos and once every 150 days getting a 4 star token so that in 50-100 years I will maybe have enough 4 star covers to do one of the dead pool events.

aka I guess it's time to stop caring about things above 3 star again.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That 4-star DD....not happening.

Something tells me they're missing something important. At least power up my X-Force Wolverine, please.

NineH

This 4 star Deadpool Daily seems to be a ploy to get us to level our 4 stars. I have ignored all my 4 stars and only today did I level XFW to 166 to stand a chance. Got him to 2199 health then he optic blasted me. Oh well, I'll try again later when he heals up.

Malmorian

This 4* match is bullshit. Beating the shit out of Cyc, he gets down to 4K health, i'm at full HP I get hit with 1 Optic Blast and game over.

Anyone actually beat this round and how?

NineH

It seems the strategy to beat Cyclops is red, black and yellow denial isnt it? One ability and you're toast but man the AI seems to get a lot of lucky skyfalls though.

Malmorian

Just went 3 rounds against him and lost every time. the AI is allowed to use Team Ups, and if this is any indication on how this new match will go it sounds like a waste of my time. XFW is my best 4* at 5/2/5 and lvl 150, if he can't win at least 1/3 times then it's hopeless for my other, single cover 4*'s. Fuck this

NineH

After 3 tries I beat cyclops thanks largely to cascades in my favor. I think I'll save the token for when they add more 5 stars in the pool.

Ape

Banned
15 tries at lvl 160 and no dice. He's the only 4 star I have more than two covers on and I was looking forward to this. Maybe I'll quit, without 4 star progression I don't really want to play anymore

Triz

Did it with a 202 Wolvie with boosted black green damage and all tile damage. Then the token gods smiled upon me and gave me a silver surfer. Puling a surgical strike token earlier in the day helped from the hulk PVE.

Geez, I haven't been home yet to give it a whirl. Sounds like I'm in for a treat.

I even...<gasp> pulled 10 DD tokens out of each vault to see if I'd happen to get another XForce cover.

Sadly I got no useful covers and just a few thousand ISO. Shame on me. I'm down to 30 in each vault now.

Edit:
yPEWq0r.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRG

shaowebb

Defeat maxed out Cyclops with a level 111 Xforce? Yeah they didn't do shit for us on gaining legendaries with this. You can't even use teamup characters. This means that the only real way to get legendaries is to grind out the max points possible on a PVE for a single token.

Doesn't really help folks get 4 stars when you have to have a lot of 4 star covers already to have anyone leveled high enough to defeat the nodes that give you 4 star tokens. The rich get richer. This feels like less than nothing...it feels irritating enough to make me like playing the game less when I have to put up with matchups this bad.

Spoit

i leveled mine to 155 or so and got cyclops down to 3k or so, but yeah, no chance at all unless the board doesn't drop any red or yellow at all and the AI doesn't take black. I expected a hard battle for someone that didn't have a decently covered 4*, I didn't expect a battle that someone who had a max 4* fully leveled still had a good chance of dying to.

oh well, pve is to much of a grind for the progression.
season reward is to much of a grind for 10k points in a season.
pvp is to annoying to deal with getting 1300 points.

guess it will just come down to random luck with tacos and once every 150 days getting a 4 star token so that in 50-100 years I will maybe have enough 4 star covers to do one of the dead pool events.

aka I guess it's time to stop caring about things above 3 star again.
Yeah it took me 3 tries with boosts to beat it with my maxed xfarce.

Yeah this legendary token seems focused on giving whales even more stuff while giving a big fuck you to anyone else. They could've done stuff to make the transition from 2*>3* easier or the transition from 3*>4* but instead they gave more 4*s to people that weren't lacking in 4*s.

zulux21

Yeah it took me 3 tries with boosts to beat it with my maxed xfarce.

did you get a useful cover from it?

well crap lol
time to sit and stare as the enemy just got a huge chain (thankfully it didn't set off his black move even though he got an extra turn from matching black)

mostly I hope MPQ math works the way I hope it does.

as I have 67 base green damage
x4 crit which makes for 536 base damage, 20 % xmen bonus, and 100% match damage? should make it over 800 right ?

it does. I beat him with my level 150 with a +2 all ap, a 5 stack 20% damage boost and xmen boost and a little luck.

got a yellow fury cover from it which isn't bad as he can now get to 131 with that and might be another usable hero with that. hopefully they are nicer later and don't give a high powered character a team up that is perfect for him

Holy shit, guys. That was tough. Had to buy a 5th black cover for Wolvie, and waited until Cyclops did his yellow ability to generate a ton of red. That filled the board, I was waiting with my Surgical Strike, and took him out. Needed about 6 tries to do it.

Legendary pull was a blue Jean Grey cover, score!

Dalek

did you get a useful cover from it?

well crap lol
time to sit and stare as the enemy just got a huge chain (thankfully it didn't set off his black move even though he got an extra turn from matching black)

mostly I hope MPQ math works the way I hope it does.

as I have 67 base green damage
x4 crit which makes for 536 base damage, 20 % xmen bonus, and 100% match damage? should make it over 800 right ?

it does. I beat him with my level 150 with a +2 all ap, a 5 stack 20% damage boost and xmen boost and a little luck.

got a yellow fury cover from it which isn't bad as he can now get to 131 with that and might be another usable hero with that. hopefully they are nicer later and don't give a high powered character a team up that is perfect for him

Everytime I see these screenshots I don't understand why this isn't the iPad interface.

zulux21

Everytime I see these screenshots I don't understand why this isn't the iPad interface.

I haven't a clue, with all the random changes they make you would think they could make a tablet version that looks like the steam version instead of what they currently have that kind of temp shifts stuff and what not.

Top Bottom