• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Dalek

for the people that cleared it-what level was your X-Force Wolvie and what was his build?

Mine is Level 131 2/3/1

and I haven't even come CLOSE to beating Cyclops. Man, fuck this game. The Devs are such assholes.

for the people that cleared it-what level was your X-Force Wolvie and what was his build?

Mine is Level 131 2/3/1

and I haven't even come CLOSE to beating Cyclops. Man, fuck this game. The Devs are such assholes.

168 2/4/2

I raised his level today from 155. Had about 1000 hit points left at the end of the battle, so raising him up may have made a difference.

He's my highest, though, so I have no idea how I'll beat any of these with any other 4 stars. They're all at 70 with mostly one cover.

zulux21

Mine is Level 131 2/3/1

mine is 5/3/1 and level 150 xforce was by far the most covered one for me, IW, fury, and lady thor might be covered enough to do the event if the enemy isn't a high damage jerk like the current one.

also it should be noted it was said that it was possible to do a lot of these 4* events with this rosters

Triz

202 at 4/4/2. He was at 155 before today but I dumped all my ISO in him to beat the node. I actually pulled the 4th black cover today from he pve event.

Malmorian

Just tried the 4* node again..again so close but all it takes is Cyc pulling off 1 fucking move and i'm dead. I don't know how well this was thought through, he's my only 4* worth a damn

Yeah if you want 4 stars it's probably best to open your tokens asap haha, honestly I'd be happy if I could opt out of getting any 4 star covers if it meant a higher chance to get 3 star covers.

I wish there were legendary covers except you can literally only get 3 star covers in them, maybe that's too good? Would be perfect for me.

Yeah if you want 4 stars it's probably best to open your tokens asap haha, honestly I'd be happy if I could opt out of getting any 4 star covers if it meant a higher chance to get 3 star covers.

I wish there were legendary covers except you can literally only get 3 star covers in them, maybe that's too good? Would be perfect for me.

That's what the Deadpool Daily is for. If you can compete you're guaranteed a cover. The problem with the new node is that it isn't a "transition". It's literally a "If you have high level **** characters we'll give you more" node.

That's complete bullshit, and terribly named.

Ape

Banned
I won. 30 or so tried, completely wiped out my health packs and all of my boosts. All for an ant man token. Jfc.

Triz

The 5 star is useful right off the bat if you get the right cover. I got black and I have already used him in pvp. He tanks all colors pretty much while the 3 stars clean up.

I won. 30 or so tried, completely wiped out my health packs and all of my boosts. All for an ant man token. Jfc.
I still haven't beat it after about 30 tries. Healing him to death with my yellow doesn't seem to work. Every single board I get is full of red, yellow, and black. Every match 3 the game gives me sets up a 5 minute cascade for cyclops.

Ape

Banned
I still haven't beat it after about 30 tries. Healing him to death with my yellow doesn't seem to work. Every single board I get is full of red, yellow, and black. Every match 3 the game gives me sets up a 5 minute cascade for cyclops.

I had to spend 100g on all boosts after I ran out. figured it was worth one last try and it rewarded me with a super favorable board. idk if there's a correlation between spending and winning but it was highly suspicious.

Dalek

I wish there was another game like this that scratched this itch for me. After the flood of 4 stars that I can never earn, and now this 4 star deadpool nonsense-I just kind of throw my hands up.

Malmorian

So I woke up this morning to give it another run...and it's gone?! Anyone know if this was a 1-off or something? I dumped SO much ISO into XFW and used every boost I had. Does anyone know when/if this is coming back? Christ almighty this game drives me up the wall at times

That's what the Deadpool Daily is for. If you can compete you're guaranteed a cover. The problem with the new node is that it isn't a "transition". It's literally a "If you have high level **** characters we'll give you more" node.

That's complete bullshit, and terribly named.

Yeah that's what I mean, I'm currently trying to transition to 3* and that node doesn't really help since my team is just too weak. This game likes to give covers to people that already have plenty of those covers lol.

Edit: Honestly why the hell am I in this tier, I dropped down to rank 250 in an hour so out of curiosity I check the teams of the players around my rank. All of them have maxed out 3 star characters, why the fuck am I here.

zulux21

A one cover 5* is better than a half covered 4*.

not when it comes to getting more legendary tokens as a lot of us need those 4* covers to even hope to beat that node :p

I do wonder if they are going to give out a legendary token or allow you to buy 1 per day or something next month for the anniversary. at the very least I imagine devil dino will come out of retirement for a bit

Dalek

Ok for this Hulk PVE I have 20hours 35 minutes left, and I'm at 62,000 points. Will I be able to hit 70,000? 8,000 in 20 hours? I just finished the nodes for the first time. I think I'll be waking up in the middle of the night tonight to grind away.

Dalek

You guys. That's what the kid iceman looks like now. This is the teenage Iceman that was brought forward in time by Beast.

Dalek

Does he have to look like the kid from The Grudge, though?

tumblr_mea87gnvi61qeeerco1_500.jpg

Ice Hulk could be a 5 Star character:

latest

zulux21

new five star

ice man stats
he looks okay, gotta check letter to see if his turning things blue will be worth pairing with someone though first thought is he would play nicely with 3 star thor(to get the green) and... not sure who to use the blue with, I guess punching snowmen.

New 5-star is some kind of Wolverine that goes berserk and just rocks the other team? Or another character that has a crazy transformation?

Iceman doesn't look too bad, but I'm a terrible judge of these things.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Surprised we never did get Drax, really. I wish we did. After all, he killed (old cosmic marvel spoilers)
Thanos
so he deserves a high star mark.

Also, surprised there's not some sort of event VS a CPU Galactus as a grindy, worldwide event. Like give him 200 Trillion HP and see how long it takes for people as a community to take him down.

shaowebb

new five star

ice man stats

he looks okay, gotta check letter to see if his turning things blue will be worth pairing with someone though first thought is he would play nicely with 3 star thor(to get the green) and... not sure who to use the blue with, I guess punching snowmen.

Welp, Iceman is the official counterpick to Cyclops and I'd max his last two abilities for the damage, stun and red conversions. He makes his own blue that way, but its tempting to test the water and see how he pairs with a 2 star like MN Mags. I'd just have to put someone with tile priority on purple in there with him. Might be nice to try out Iceman/Mystique/ Iron Fist sometime...I could either use the blue for Uncanny snowman punching or to give Mystique fuel to put out either black or purple for Iron Fist. Pretty well whatever the scenario calls for at the time really. Cyclops/Iceman is also pretty swank as it clears the teamup tiles for red and either cyclops can use those or iceman can convert them to setup his snowman move.

Decent sounding character at 5 covers on those abilities...especially with that stun at Max. That could put him at a pretty high tier on teams.

Spoit

new five star

ice man stats

Iceman is totally one of the top 4*s. a 6 AP 4 turn stun? an average of ~5500 team damage for 12 ap? He's totally OP

shaowebb

Iceman is totally one of the top 4*s. a 6 AP 4 turn stun? an average of ~5500 team damage for 12 ap? He's totally OP

Yeah, he's gonna be a solo nuisance out there for anyone who has him and on teams he gets ruthless. Considering Cyclops who is another hardass compliments him so you can make use of clearing teamups for fuel that stunlocks and helps with damage output its gonna be fairly severe. Cyclops/Iceman/Iron Fist is definitely a team I'd run with. Covers teamups, purple, green, black, red, blue and yellow completing the rainbow. Possibly one of the most complete team setups out there.

I already know Cyclops Iron Fist is a runaway team for damage, but Iceman is now there official cornerstone. Sadly I don't have a built Cyclops so I'll likely roll with Mystique on that team for awhile.

Top Bottom