• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Dalek

Holy shit-I just pulled my 5th Professor X"Master Plan" cover from a Rocket/Groot cover. I actually used HP to buy 2 of them previously-but wow-now he's 5/1/3.

I must be in a good bracket for the PvE. I'm like 40th place and haven't even been going hard. Gonna try to get top 10 or so for dem Icemans

NineH

I must be in a good bracket for the PvE. I'm like 40th place and haven't even been going hard. Gonna try to get top 10 or so for dem Icemans

When I entered my bracket I was #998. I thought to myself, I should have waited 5 minutes or so to join so I could have entered a better bracket.

Didn't have any real trouble with Magneto. My Fury is Lv 170, and each of the first two times I lost I had Mags down to like 2000 health, so I knew it was doable. Third attempt was a breeze.

Token: Black X-Force Wolvie, damnit! I bought the last one of those in order to beat Cyclops last time!

TimeKillr

I managed to kill Mags with a 152 Fury (but with 0/5/1). Demolition took him down to about 1/3 hp and then I just managed to kill him.

Got a Deadpool black token, and I already only have black in DP. Oh well. Not that bad.

zulux21

heh mags killed my 131 fury in 3 turns... as he chained into a bunch of red drop on turn two, and turn three after using the move got like 15 each of his other move colors and just killed.

beat him my second time with a lot of luck though as he didn't match my escape plan tile despite having easy access to do so the whole time it was out and being able to assemble just with 600 life to get some protect on the board.

my pull was rather useless though. a mr fantastic cover which means I have 2, I was hoping to hit a thor, electra or inviso woman cover as those are my only other 4 stars that have any hope of doing this node. Ideally those will be the next two and during the anniversary
i can get more, but i suppose I need to start finishing the dead pool nodes for iso again.

shaowebb

Did someone misunderstand a memo or something on these nodes in development? I don't see how they benefit the game to anyone but those already sitting on a fair number of 4 star covers. Just seriously...how do these nodes do anything for folks just joining or that haven't nailed down over 6 covers+ on a 4 star already? Legit questioning here, because there isn't really a way to start competing in these nodes at all until you'd already be doing fair with covers so why bother? They just serve as a reminder that you need 4 stars but still can barely get near them. Weekly grinding for legendary tokens is pretty rough too.

Maybe if they flipped the nodes where you took on a max level 4 star as anyone of your choosing but the character of the week was buffed then folks could hit it better to start getting in on 4 stars (especially since 5 stars are coming and we need to get on this). You wouldn't be able to do it with 2 stars and you'd still need a high level 3 star to make the run vs a max 4 star, but thats doable and the grind being achievable might make folks go for things like health packs.

Whatever they do they may as well replace this setup. It doesn't really help who I feel they should be luring into the 4 star chase. The rich get richer is pretty much all this does.

That was so much better than day 1. It took me a couple of tries but Mags went down to my 143 Fury.

Token yielded my first Thing cover, and my daily Heroic was actually my second Professor X, so a good day all around.

zulux21

Did someone misunderstand a memo or something on these nodes in development? I don't see how they benefit the game to anyone but those already sitting on a fair number of 4 star covers. Just seriously...how do these nodes do anything for folks just joining or that haven't nailed down over 6 covers+ on a 4 star already? Legit questioning here, because there isn't really a way to start competing in these nodes at all until you'd already be doing fair with covers so why bother? They just serve as a reminder that you need 4 stars but still can barely get near them. Weekly grinding for legendary tokens is pretty rough too.

Maybe if they flipped the nodes where you took on a max level 4 star as anyone of your choosing but the character of the week was buffed then folks could hit it better to start getting in on 4 stars (especially since 5 stars are coming and we need to get on this). You wouldn't be able to do it with 2 stars and you'd still need a high level 3 star to make the run vs a max 4 star, but thats doable and the grind being achievable might make folks go for things like health packs.

Whatever they do they may as well replace this setup. It doesn't really help who I feel they should be luring into the 4 star chase. The rich get richer is pretty much all this does.

the worst part is the defenders
"they are hard because it's end game stuff you should have to grind to get there."
"you can't make it easy otherwise everyone will just have 4 stars and it would be trivial ect"

you get 1 node every 5 days 30 days in a month, thus 6 tokens a month.

they add at least 1 new character a month, likely will add a 4 or 5 star each month. end restult if they only add one you can still only get half of a character a month not counting doups.

there really isn't any reason for them to make them this hard. I mean it really shouldn't be a boosted 3 star to 270, just make it a normal max level 3 star and it would be far better but still hard for people who don't have at least 3-4 covers on a 4 star character.

Triz

I can beat that... Had him at 17 health my nick fury is only lvl 124. Bastard chained into a match 5 then killed me with blue power. Fucking raging over here.

zulux21

I wonder if 1k points is doable without sheild hoping. This is gonna be one of my better PVPs since black panther is max level for me and I have afully covered iron fist which should make people want to stay away from me.

not as well as this though
pUrccPR.png

which is ultimately how I want to finish my panther fist team lol.

komarkaze

It took me 6 tries for my level 147 Fury to beat Magneto. My main strategy was first to not allow Magneto to get red, yellow and especially blue, bc he can one shot you with blue power. Next, focus on purple to activate Escape Plan to get the strike tile. Then focus on blue to activate Demolition and make sure Magneto trips it. And of course, boost where possible.

My reward? A level 255 Silver Surfer which can be leveled up to 270 right away. That was the most satisfying battle I've had in a long time.

zulux21

I'm staring at a top 10 finish in the Iceman PVE. Very exciting.

i'm ideally will get a top finish in the panther pvp, will for sure end up with a top 5 as I just shielded as I started getting hit hard.

>.<

just realized with 8 hours to go I accidentally bought a 24 hour shield instead of an 8 hour one oh well it's only 150hp more.

It took me 6 tries for my level 147 Fury to beat Magneto. My main strategy was first to not allow Magneto to get red, yellow and especially blue, bc he can one shot you with blue power. Next, focus on purple to activate Escape Plan to get the strike tile. Then focus on blue to activate Demolition and make sure Magneto trips it. And of course, boost where possible.

My reward? A level 255 Silver Surfer which can be leveled up to 270 right away. That was the most satisfying battle I've had in a long time.
There IS no strategy to that fight. Either you have all the covers already or get an extremely lucky board. I lost over 30 times today matching 3 while cascades fall from the sky for the AI no matter what color he matches.

Dalek

I still feel my enthusiasm for this game was sucked right out the airlock with this 4 star push and the 4 star DDQ. If you don't have th covers, this is basically just the rich getting richer, and in a few months time I'm going To be at an even bigger disadvantage than I am now.

zulux21

I still feel my enthusiasm for this game was sucked right out the airlock with this 4 star push and the 4 star DDQ. If you don't have th covers, this is basically just the rich getting richer, and in a few months time I'm going To be at an even bigger disadvantage than I am now.

I would at least wait and see what they do in two weeks for the anniversary.

Spoit

Yes, it's intended to be that hard. Compare how little work it is compared to the pve one, which takes like 2-3 days of optimal grinding (or playing the majority of the event a bit looser). Or the 1.3k token...which actually isn't that hard, but still requires a little more time

zulux21

Yes, it's intended to be that hard. Compare how little work it is compared to the pve one, which takes like 2-3 days of optimal grinding (or playing the majority of the event a bit looser). Or the 1.3k token...which actually isn't that hard, but still requires a little more time

to be fair the 3 star cover is also little work compared to pvp or pve.

It won't hurt anything to make the node easier and basically be an as long as you have a single cover of this 4 star you can potentially get another 4 or maybe even a 5 star cover every 5 days.

i mean to max cover a single character with extreme luck it would still take 65 days or a little over 2 months which is more than twice as long as it will take for them to introduce 2+ more 4/5 stars. without grinding the pve/pvp or spending money you will never be able to have a top tier team even if they did it so it wouldn't be bad for them to give that carrot to people and perhaps motivate them.

Even if you don't want to make it a complete gimme with one cover but instead make it level 100 and 4 covers or so to do it that would still be way better and likely get them more money. People who are happy with a game are more likely to spend. And if someone is missing a single cover from competing and getting something they might just break down and spend it, unlikely what is going on right now where in order to do most of these you will have to spend like $100-$150 to even have a chance if you already have 1 of each cover.

granted people who devote their life to this game tend to be more on the side of THERE SHOULD BE NO EASY ONE ONLY THE BEST SHOULD GET IT, and they also tend to be the whales, thus I guess making it so only the best can get the tokens, and they are only useful to those people in rare cases, means you have a carrot for them, and in general it's just a little bit of iso *shrugs*

Personally I am hoping they make the nodes easier, but alas at this time there isn't any pvp or pve I couldn't do if I wanted to with my roster so it doesn't matter much if I can start covering my 4 stars. every 150 days or so I will at least get a token+2 4 stars :p

Spoit

I mean, you guys seem to be clearing them fine...ish with rather mediocre covering and at a severe level disadvantage. so....

zulux21

I mean, you guys seem to be clearing them fine...ish with rather mediocre covering and at a severe level disadvantage. so....

we hit my two most covered ones, I am screwed from here on out aside from an eventual inviso woman node (and maybe lady thor. thus I really only have a chance 4 out of every 18 weeks right now, before the end of the year it will likely be out of 4 out of 23 or so ):p

beyond that I am personally burning retired boosters which I can't do in the long run.

on the plus side on day 629 when I actually care to go after covers I can still do this
(final standings btw)

I might try again on the scarlet witch event as I want her for my pather/fist team and thus 800 is a good number to get me her cover and likely net me 1st again which would get me starlord which is one of 3 4 stars I am still missing (well soon to be 4 as I didn't care to go after iceman). The lacking factor being I don't give a crap about mistique as the next time she has her first cover in the DDQ I will be able to move her to 5/3/5 so there isn't a big need for her covers.

Who are the best characters to use with Scarlet Witch? I'm pretty sure that the my results in the last few PvPs was down to the team working well, and I want to carry on this run as it's the best I've done in this game in terms of points.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That Magneto Legendary battle was easier than dogshit. Guess I got lucky. My Fury is like 120ish? Ended up with Lady Thor, which is fine. Always wanting Kingpin and Elektras though...

Who are the best characters to use with Scarlet Witch? I'm pretty sure that the my results in the last few PvPs was down to the team working well, and I want to carry on this run as it's the best I've done in this game in terms of points.
Deadpool is pretty good with her. Also grey suit widow or Kamala.

zulux21

really anyone that can benefit from purple.

Iron fist + black panther means fist can funnel black to panther no problem (or anyone else that likes black such as luke cage or cyclops)

professor x also likes her as she can easily cause 5 matches ect.

Dalek

Barely squeaked by and got the Legendary token from the Rocket/Groot event. Got a Hulkbuster.

If I can level my Professor X higher than my 166 characters-should I? Or keep him at 166? The only characters I can level past 166 at this time other than him are Invisible Woman and Devil Dinosaur.

My dream build that I'm working on now is Professor X, Scarlett Witch and GS Black Widow. It's like a dream. Just collect purple, and when you get enough for GSBW to use, you win.

I feel like it's possible for me to get that legendary token if I get the right boosted characters and I spend a lot of time on them. Sadly though I already have roster problems and I can't afford to get a 4* I don't already have.

Top Bottom