• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Dalek

Hmm, thinking of deleting Sentry to replace with the 4* Deadpool cover I just got. Thoughts? Other options are Psylocke and Beast.

I think Sentry is the most useless 3 Star character. I mean seriously-what does this fucker even do?

He sacrifices his life to make one measly strike tile. Big whoop.

zulux21

Hmm, thinking of deleting Sentry to replace with the 4* Deadpool cover I just got. Thoughts? Other options are Psylocke and Beast.

I'd personally sell off any two star or one star covers that I don't absolutely need first as not having a 3 star could keep you from getting the place you want in a future PVE due to required nodes.

if you don't have the required 2 star it's not a big deal, just open some tokens or fight some pvp. you can easily win the 2 star match with a random cover.

I think Sentry is the most useless 3 Star character. I mean seriously-what does this fucker even do?

he used to be great... and then he got nerfed so hard he makes 1 star iron man look like a bad ass :p

TimeKillr

Better to wait for the odds of a 5* going to 10% when they add the 2nd character anyway

I'm not sure how you come to that - it's most likely going to go 2.5% each instead of 5% each.

Also the thing with Sentry is that if you put him with someone who does a lot of Attack tiles (like Storm or Doom), that single tile does a *ton* of damage. At 5 covers maxed, it's +571 per match (and per Attack tile) so you end up doing a *ton* of damage.

shugdaddy

Neo Member
No iceman or legendary :( also dumped my human Johnny storm ages ago as I don't see why I need two, so no legendary on the venom event either :(

zulux21

next 4* ddq is going to be inviso woman.

ideally they pick an enemy that doesn't have an AOE attack so you can potentially win just by using invisibility and hiding the entire match even though it will take forever.

shaowebb

I've kept Sentry for 2 reasons.

1. I'm a fan of the character concept even though the execution fell apart. I like stories about someone with Superman level power or greater who are flawed and end up falling apart trying to help everyone and end up a threat. Irredeemable was a better ride, but I still like Sentry.
  2. I have the feeling someone will crop up with an ability that either nullifies friendly fire, or who can redirect friendly fire at the enemy. Possibly Bishop or a new tile type. If this happens he suddenly becomes insanely useful as he'd buff such a character.

The latter is speculation only, but its something I can see as happening given some of the experiments they've had with character abilities. If we get someone who is fueled by friendly fire or who redirects damage while a tile is placed then Sentry would be there to load the gun.

Hanging onto mine just in case. I've also thought about using him on teams with Colossus so I can toss someone into the air and then make someone invisible for fun just to fuck around and avoid the damage. More than likely it'd be colossus and Sentry and me desperate to find anyone who could make that team good lol.

Finally got a top 100 PvP finish, first one in a while. Tactic from now on is to hang around 300-400 points then do nothing until the last hour. Also thanks to you guys for recommending OBW, she's amazing.

OH MY GOD I GOT RANK 102 FUCK MY LIFE

Finally got a top 100 PvP finish, first one in a while. Tactic from now on is to hang around 300-400 points then do nothing until the last hour. Also thanks to you guys for recommending OBW, she's amazing.

OH MY GOD I GOT RANK 102 FUCK MY LIFE
You'll get there soon. Be sure to have 5 black. You might have luck getting a good bracket if you wait until the last couple of hours to join.

Dalek

You also don't need to really worry about placing that high until you've maxed out your 2 stars anyways. You've got time.

Sure, technically I'm not supposed to rank top 100, but when top 200 gives me useless Wolverine covers I might as well go for it. The only 2 2* characters I don't have maxed out are OBW and Mags and I'm already aiming to get those whenever possible.

Transition to 3* is rough.

Triz

This season started out great for me. Max Black Panther, max Scarlet Witch, and next max Mystique. Already pushing 1500 points for the season in 2 events.

Dalek

It happens to me too-I was struggling just to get to 800 points to get the Scarlet Witch cover-everytime I won, say 30 points-I'd be attacked and lose 40. Shit's frustrating, man.

zulux21

This season started out great for me. Max Black Panther, max Scarlet Witch, and next max Mystique. Already pushing 1500 points for the season in 2 events.

im almost at 1700 >.>
might actually goof around with the mystique pvp and go for the tokens this season.

also I feel bad for
sj9KpLk.png

marvel puzzle quest was nice enough to let me see him 6 different times in 20 min.... I used him to climb to 800 and then shielded since I was getting hit a lot and wasn't likely going to be the top person or get to 1k.

Dalek

im almost at 1700 >.>
might actually goof around with the mystique pvp and go for the tokens this season.

also I feel bad for

marvel puzzle quest was nice enough to let me see him 6 different times in 20 min.... I used him to climb to 800 and then shielded since I was getting hit a lot and wasn't likely going to be the top person or get to 1k.

See, there's something wrong with this.

zulux21

yup, if it wasn't for him I wouldn't have been able to do the climb because they were also nice enough to let me see the same max level prof x scarlet witch and I don't remember the third one... like 15 times.

There's a lot of goofy stuff when it comes to brackets and matching. I love that I have to work like crazy to get top 1000 each season and get paired up against nothing but max level lineups. I'm starting to just exclusively level up the characters I want at max level, because it seems no matter who's actually boosted I use the same 4-5 anyway for synergy/effectiveness reasons. I just maxed out Patch and Falcon or C.Mag lucks to be next.

Tried out my Iceman today. Kind of a disappointment, but he's still base level. Hopefully with more power and some synergy he'll be good.

Dalek

There's a lot of goofy stuff when it comes to brackets and matching. I love that I have to work like crazy to get top 1000 each season and get paired up against nothing but max level lineups. I'm starting to just exclusively level up the characters I want at max level, because it seems no matter who's actually boosted I use the same 4-5 anyway for synergy/effectiveness reasons. I just maxed out Patch and Falcon or C.Mag lucks to be next.

Yeah-I'm just focusing on leveling my 3 stars one at a time, hoping for 4 star drops. SW is getting leveled fully now, and I think GSBW will be next.

Yeah-I'm just focusing on leveling my 3 stars one at a time, hoping for 4 star drops. SW is getting leveled fully now, and I think GSBW will be next.

Once I leveled LThor all the way, I rarely use GSBW anymore. Though her and witch would work well together with dat purple.

I'm trying to decide who is next to go to 166:

Cyclops
CMags
Luke Cage
Patch

Decisions, decisions

Once I leveled LThor all the way, I rarely use GSBW anymore. Though her and witch would work well together with dat purple.

Cyclops
CMags
Luke Cage
Patch

Decisions, decisions

Patch and CMags have been staples of my team for the past year. I was just embracing the holistic approach to leveling--level characters slowly at the same pace. That crap doesn't work at this point since everything scale ridiculously.

Dalek

Cyclops
CMags
Luke Cage
Patch

Decisions, decisions

Those were the first ones I leveled too. I'd go with Cyclops or Cage. But really you can't go wrong with anyone of them.

Dalek

Patch and CMags have been staples of my team for the past year. I was just embracing the holistic approach to leveling--level characters slowly at the same pace. That crap doesn't work at this point since everything scale ridiculously.

I abandoned that too-and just went with leveling them up one at a time. The minute you have 3 maxed out 3 star characters, you can hold your own and get attacked less, since less people are willing to take you on.

Agreed with all of you. As soon as I had LCap and LThor fully leveled, I could wreck shit with the best of em.

I'm kind of digging SW in this PVP. Just shielded at 800 pts, though, so I'm finished.

I think I'll go with LC as my first to level to 166. Then CMags. I don't really use Patch that much, but maybe because he's only 130.

Dispatch

I'd level Luke Cage first, then Cyclops. Cage's red prevents a LOT of damage and his yellow and black do a ton of damage. He's my best character. I have him at 5 black, 3 red, and 5 yellow. Just hold off on the black until you have 12 collected, then you can hit it twice in a row for a lot of damage. If you're in god health, use Iron Fist to build up black and you can pretty much wipe out the other team.

(Never mind, I meant C Mags, not Cyclops. I was thinking of my own strategy, sorry.)

Dalek

If I remember correctly last anniversary there were Anniversary tokens for like 50 HP.

Legendary Tokens for 50 hp this year, please.

zulux21

If I remember correctly last anniversary there were Anniversary tokens for like 50 HP.

Legendary Tokens for 50 hp this year, please.

I imagine there will be some chances for legendary tokens, but if they do anything for 50hp related to legendary tokens it would like the anniversary tokens have a 5% chance of giving you a legendary token and they are 50hp to buy once per day.

Top Bottom