• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

The update changed something. If you use a stun(I used Storm's blue), the game automatically makes you target a character that's not stunned. I tried stunning a second character and it again targeted the only not stunned character. Interesting change but I think I'm so used to switching targets myself that I don't know if it saves time at all.

Dalek

The top 8 people in my PVP bracket have over 2000 points with 11 hours to go. I wish I could just get thrown into an easy bracket. I still feel my 5*s fucked up my scaling.

Triz

I haven't touched pvp for a season and a half. Leveling my silver surfer to 315 was the biggest mistake I've made in the game.

zulux21

The top 8 people in my PVP bracket have over 2000 points with 11 hours to go. I wish I could just get thrown into an easy bracket. I still feel my 5*s fucked up my scaling.

my 2 5 stars haven't screwed with my scaling that badly
D29HjRX.jpg

me repeatedly doing each node in pve and single matches in pvp might though as it's a lot of wins with not much damage. ideally final rankings do stuff as I am sucking those up hard core.

Dalek

I too recently maxed covered X-Force 5/5/3. My other covered 4*s:

Hulkbuster 5/5/3
Invisible Woman 3/5/5
Thor 5/3/5

None of them are near being Max level though. Saying at 166 until I max level all my 3*s.

In other news-I'm wondering if I'll be able to beat 4* Deadpools turn at DDQ in a few days. I have him at 0/2/5 and I should have him at 166 by then. It sucks I don't have any of his Red covers since they're the ones that really deal the damage.

Triz

The ISO it took to do it was killing me. Those last few levels were more than 4K a level.

Edit* my 4* deadpool is 3/1/3 and I could take him to 152. That's about the level it takes to do the challenges and get lucky.

Sadist

I voted Black Bolt.

Next time I'll vote Namor. Need more Illuminati up in this game.

Won 250 coins with the DDQ, felt lucky and spent 100 on a cover. Got Deadpool X-Force. I ain't even mad.

Malmorian

Just Championed Cyc and got my 3rd Iceman in a row, so now he's 1/1/1. Great spread, still so useless. Just loving this flow of 4*'s now, it's exactly what we needed to help this transition and it's keeping me interested in still playing. Day 664 and still going stong.

Looks like my 1st Star Lord is coming up, can anyone tell me what day 700 should look like? Anything good in the horizon?

Championed Cyclops, and my daily reward was 15 CP, so I got two legendaries.

Got a Thing cover (2/3/1) and Deadpool cover (0/2/2), so hey, progress.

Nice, how's your 4* roster looking like?

I mostly just use X-Force Wolvie, occasionally Hulkbuster to feed 3* Lazy Cap some red. Just a few covers away from making many of these guys fairly usable.

X-Force Wolverine - Lv 210 2/5/5
Elektra - Lv 195 4/4/3
Star-Lord - Lv 195 4/5/1
Kingpin - Lv 183 5/3/1
Nick Fury - Lv 175 2/4/5
Hulkbuster - Lv 175 0/5/3
Invisible Woman - Lv 160 5/3/4
Devil Dino - Lv 155 1/3/4
Thor - Lv 131 3/1/2
The Thing - Lv 115 2/3/1
Ant-Man - Lv 111 3/0/1
Jean Grey - Lv 111 2/2/1
Red Hulk - Lv 111 1/2/2
X-Force Deadpool - Lv 106 0/2/2
Professor X - Lv 106 3/0/0
Carnage - Lv 90 2/0/1
Ghost Rider - Lv 90 0/2/1
Iceman - Lv 90 1/2/0
TA Hulk - Lv 90 1/0/2
Mr Fantastic - Lv 86 2/0/0
Falcon Cap - Lv 86 0/0/2
X-23 - Lv 86 0/0/2
Cyclops - Lv 74 1/1/0
Venom - Lv 74 0/1/1

And I joined the Juggernaut Heroic event with like 10 hours left, so I'm currently sitting at #1 in both the event as a whole and #1 in the subevent.

We'll see if that sticks, but I might be looking at a bunch of Carnage covers. This hasn't worked this well before.

zulux21

hmmm I am hearing rumors about 3 different characters and none of them fit the clue
"Like father, like son…"

as
spider gwen, Nova and howard the duck don't fit that

the clue would make sense if Norman Osborn was in the game as green goblin as then Harry could be in there as well (it's odd that norman isn't in the game at all in general)

another daken could work but why?

Dalek

does he? I couldn't find information on a father for him... or is he the father and he has a son?

Sam's father goes missing and then Sam learns from Rocket and Gamora that his father was part of the Nova Corps. They give him his fathers helmet and he sets out to find his father who is missing in space.

Spoit

I too recently maxed covered X-Force 5/5/3. My other covered 4*s:

Hulkbuster 5/5/3
Invisible Woman 3/5/5
Thor 5/3/5

None of them are near being Max level though. Saying at 166 until I max level all my 3*s.

In other news-I'm wondering if I'll be able to beat 4* Deadpools turn at DDQ in a few days. I have him at 0/2/5 and I should have him at 166 by then. It sucks I don't have any of his Red covers since they're the ones that really deal the damage.

221 was the level that 4*s are theoretically equal to 3*s at 166. That might have changed with the mid-level nerfing they did when implementing champions?

zulux21

Sam's father goes missing and then Sam learns from Rocket and Gamora that his father was part of the Nova Corps. They give him his fathers helmet and he sets out to find his father who is missing in space.

i took like father like son to be far more literal.

where we have a father in the game and will get a son :p

such as Horsemen of Death Daken

though looking around there isn't much in the way of son super heroes is there :p

And I joined the Juggernaut Heroic event with like 10 hours left, so I'm currently sitting at #1 in both the event as a whole and #1 in the subevent.

We'll see if that sticks, but I might be looking at a bunch of Carnage covers. This hasn't worked this well before.

Wound up #2, so I got two Carnage covers. Not bad.

MiTYH

Pulled another 20 CP legendary token after my jean grey pull last time ... got pink Kingpin. Not terrible, but considering i'm 0/3/0 for him now, I'm not loving it.

My one year anniversary comes up soon, so that's some Invisible Woman and Dino Devil covers coming my way. Sweeeet....

Sadist

Just curious; upgraded 3* Cap + championed him last week, so I'm saving up iso and 1* tokens again. I'm at almost 140k iso again and saved up to 70 tokens. Now my question is... where to next regarding upgrades?

As of now, I use these four (championed) characters when I can;

- Steve Rogers (4/5/4) 170
- Patch (5/3/5) 168
- Hulk (5/5/3) 167
- Spider-Man (4/5/4) 166

As for my *4 line-up...

Invisible Woman (3/4/3) 168
Wolverine X-Force (2/3/2) 127
Elektra (2/3/2) 74
Fury (2/1/2) 111
F. Thor (2/2/1) 111
Devil Dinosaur (2/1/2) 71
Carnage (1/2/1) 70
Plus like eleven singles :(

As for completed/almost completed characters...

Punisher (5/4/4) 105 (Complete!)
The Hood (5/4/4) 51 (Complete!)
Daredevil (5/2/5) 127
Thor (4/3/5) 110
Iron Man (5/4/3) 90
Psylocke (5/4/3) 91
Sentry (4/4/4) 50
Captain Marvel (5/2/4) 130
Doom (4/5/2) 130
Beast (5/1/5) 117
Widow (2/4/5) 114
Torch (5/1/5) 75
Storm (3/5/3) 67
Cage (5/4/2) 66

Which character should I upgrade next? Well, in my three star line-up I mean.

Dalek

Stupid question:

ELI5 for "Fistbuster". Do I just need to level up Hulkbuster to max his health for this team to be effective? Because otherwise I mean I get it...

Iron Fist uses Purple to generate Black
Hulkbuster uses Black to generate Red
Hulkbuster depletes Red for Punch.

That's the long and short of it right? Because it does work, but I'm out of health by one match.

Spoit

but yeah lelvel up you can get 2-3 fights before he dies. the punch is nice, but the strikes+ attack tile is the real workhorse, so...welll you cant buy covers any more, but the IM black is acually the important cover

They published the teaser powers on the official forums.

D3 said:
Pre-release ability precis:
Special Tiles / Stun and Damage 6 AP - Creates 3 Black Strike Tiles and if at least one friendly Black Strike Tile is on the board, transforms into an attack that stuns for a couple rounds then damages.

Damage - 7 AP - Deals damage and creates 1 Black Strike Tile of strength.

Damage - 8 AP - Will create 4 Black Strike Tiles of strength if fewer then 5 friendly Black Strike Tiles. Otherwise deals damage and removes all friendly black strike tiles from the board.

Red, yellow, black respectively. Sounds like it'll be a 4* Daken based on the newer comics, where he doesn't have a healing factor and has some kind of electric stun power. Although I think he wears same Wolverine costume as the Dark Avengers Wolverine costume in the new comics so he might look exactly the same as the existing one.

brb committing sudoku

We all knew we needed more Wolverines, after this one we'll have 8 of them.

EIGHT

Because apparently the Marvel universe is lacking in characters so we need 8 of them to basically be clones.

zulux21

brb committing sudoku

We all knew we needed more Wolverines, after this one we'll have 8 of them.

EIGHT

Because apparently the Marvel universe is lacking in characters so we need 8 of them to basically be clones.

it could be worse...
i mean techincally we could support 15 of them right now (3 at each level :p)

Top Bottom