• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

zulux21

Oh hey quick question
Is emulating this on something other than a phone/tablet legal?

not really sure where you would emulate this that wouldn't support it normally.

there is an android and ios version so you should be good there
and there is a PC version so you should be good there.
I don't think many other places that you could emulate stuff could even support it o_O

not really sure where you would emulate this that wouldn't support it normally.

there is an android and ios version so you should be good there
and there is a PC version so you should be good there.
I don't think many other places that you could emulate stuff could even support it o_O
Didn't know it had a steam version
Is there any big benefit to Steam over Mobile?

zulux21

Didn't know it had a steam version
Is there any big benefit to Steam over Mobile?

mobile pluses - facebook connect will aid in getting some resources. googleplay, itunes credit actually goes on sale.

steam - better interface, there is a slim chance the steam exclusive packs will go on sale again which are a decent deal when on sale otherwise are complete garbage.

the pictures you see me post are the steam version, you get more information without having to scroll around and in general it just looks better (though it is still clear it has mobile roots with a lot of things... at least I can finally after a few years use my mouse wheel to scroll up and down on rewards as for the longest time I had to drag and drop repeatedly the rewards list)

edit: FREAKEN FINALLY @_@
got a purple prof x so now he is 0/2/0 for me. a blue one would have been nicer, but at least the purple will let me level him a few levels to make his match easier since he just has to be inviso.

Yeah I play on Steam, too. Vastly preferred to the mobile version.

Three legendary tokens today, one from CP, one from Deadpool and another from championing 3* Cap. Got me a useless yellow X-Force cover, and then useable blue Hulkbuster and red Red Hulk. Not bad.

Sadist

Man you guys got unlucky. I finished the fight with QS on my second try.

And whooo got an additional Rocket and Groot cover. Plus I'm steadily heading to 200k iso. 173k iso and counting.

zulux21

Man you guys got unlucky. I finished the fight with QS on my second try.

And whooo got an additional Rocket and Groot cover. Plus I'm steadily heading to 200k iso. 173k iso and counting.

in 9 tries I don't think I had a single starting board with more than 6 yellow and less than 12 blue.

I think out of 200-300 moves only about 30 of those moves didn't have a blue match meanwhile only about 40 had yellow matches.

it was crazy against me this morning @_@

Malmorian

Got my 25th CP point that netted me a Yellow Lady Thor, DDQ got me a Yellow Ant Man ( 1st try, longest fight ever ) and I Championed LCap which scored my a Red Elektra. Good day

zulux21

Got my 25th CP point that netted me a Yellow Lady Thor, DDQ got me a Yellow Ant Man ( 1st try, longest fight ever ) and I Championed LCap which scored my a Red Elektra. Good day
I have to decide who my next 3 star to level will be.

I can do lazy thor whom I have a 2 star thor that will give me covers for him.
I can do khemila khan which looks like she would be fun at higher levels that I have an extra cover sitting around for.
or I could just do one of my other 3 max level 3 stars that I don't have any covers for right now.

leaning towards the thor.

Dalek

Kind of crazy to think you need 120 CP to buy a specific 4* cover now.

Also:

Hi everyone,

We know many of you have been curious to learn more about the new Legendary token pack mentioned in recent days. Here's the lowdown from the dev team. *Please note this is planned to go into effect tomorrow (01/14/16):

"With the introduction of Spider-Man (Back in Black) we have introduced 2 new packs in the Legendary Store. These are the Latest and Classic Legends packs. Here is what you need to know:

Latest Legends packs contain the last three released 5-Star Heroes and all 4-Star Heroes (except Devil Dino). Currently, the Latest Legends pack contains Spider-Man (Back in Black), Jean Grey (Phoenix) and Wolverine (Old Man Logan).

Classic Legends packs contain all Heroes that have been rotated out of Latest Legends packs. Currently, Silver Surfer has been rotated out of the Latest Legends packs and is in the Classic Legends packs with Jean Grey (Phoenix) and Wolverine (Old Man Logan).

Latest Legends packs cost 25 Command Points and Classic Legends packs cost 20 Command Points.

All Legendary tokens that are obtained in the game will be redeemable as Latest Legends packs. Classic Legends packs are only obtainable by purchase with Command Points. For more information, visit the post in the Gameplay Tips section."

zulux21

Kind of crazy to think you need 120 CP to buy a specific 4* cover now.

Also:

Hi everyone,

We know many of you have been curious to learn more about the new Legendary token pack mentioned in recent days. Here's the lowdown from the dev team. *Please note this is planned to go into effect tomorrow (01/14/16):

"With the introduction of Spider-Man (Back in Black) we have introduced 2 new packs in the Legendary Store. These are the Latest and Classic Legends packs. Here is what you need to know:

Latest Legends packs contain the last three released 5-Star Heroes and all 4-Star Heroes (except Devil Dino). Currently, the Latest Legends pack contains Spider-Man (Back in Black), Jean Grey (Phoenix) and Wolverine (Old Man Logan).

Classic Legends packs contain all Heroes that have been rotated out of Latest Legends packs. Currently, Silver Surfer has been rotated out of the Latest Legends packs and is in the Classic Legends packs with Jean Grey (Phoenix) and Wolverine (Old Man Logan).

Latest Legends packs cost 25 Command Points and Classic Legends packs cost 20 Command Points.

All Legendary tokens that are obtained in the game will be redeemable as Latest Legends packs. Classic Legends packs are only obtainable by purchase with Command Points. For more information, visit the post in the Gameplay Tips section."
ah cool then 20CP tokens it is for me unless the odds for those 5 stars are lower. I am fine with trying to just build up the older ones... I mean once they start releasing a new 5 star each month it will be impossible to keep up for anyone but heavy players.

guess I shouldn't have redeemed my legendary token tonight fuck.

did you get a 5 star? if not you wouldn't have changed anything :p

in 9 tries I don't think I had a single starting board with more than 6 yellow and less than 12 blue.

I think out of 200-300 moves only about 30 of those moves didn't have a blue match meanwhile only about 40 had yellow matches.

it was crazy against me this morning @_@
Same here. I even lost one fight in 3 moves due to blue cascades. Finally won, but it took many tries and most of my boosts.

zulux21

Can I buy a Legendary token with only 4*s? Cause that's all I'm interested in.

it sounds like the best you will get is a new 20cp token that only has the oldest 5 stars.

I get only wanting 4 stars (I am basically in the same boat) but we all know full well in the next 10 months there are going to start being 5 star required things. at the very least the anniversary stuff will have it.

it sounds like the best you will get is a new 20cp token that only has the oldest 5 stars.

I get only wanting 4 stars (I am basically in the same boat) but we all know full well in the next 10 months there are going to start being 5 star required things. at the very least the anniversary stuff will have it.
Yeah that's fine but I'd rather not be able to do those than have my scaling screwed up because of a 1 cover 5*. If I could somehow get 3 different covers for a 5* it'd be okay but I can't use a 5* with 1 cover no matter the level.
Got a Carnage from a legendary pack ... He seems worthless :(

He does major damage to both his enemies and his own team, so while it sucks to have him on your team nobody wants to fight a Carnage. Even if you win he guarantees a shitload of damage. But yeah, I don't like him either.

MiTYH

That's great news on the classic CP token. I've got about 30ish CP and one silver surfer, so it sounds better odds for me to get another SS for my collection. Plus I'm not a fan of the spiderman.

To dump 100k into Beast & Pslocke (each) to level them or to not?

I'm sitting on 2 and 3 covers for them respectively but am wary of further diminishing the ISO reserves. I'm down to 540k from 800+ when they introduced this whole Champions thing.

And I second the comments about Carnage. Dude is brutal to play against.

zulux21

Yeah that's fine but I'd rather not be able to do those than have my scaling screwed up because of a 1 cover 5*. If I could somehow get 3 different covers for a 5* it'd be okay but I can't use a 5* with 1 cover no matter the level.

He does major damage to both his enemies and his own team, so while it sucks to have him on your team nobody wants to fight a Carnage. Even if you win he guarantees a shitload of damage. But yeah, I don't like him either.

to be fair scaling only really gets screwed up if you are still transitioning from 2 stars.. if your team is made up of a bunch of max level 3 stars it doesn't seem to have a ton of effect... at least I didn't notice any real change when i added 2 5 stars to my roster.

Triz

Managed to get both CP points from the pve nodes on the first try today. Past few days its taken me 10+ tries to get it. Been hell with them being Gorgon Nodes.

to be fair scaling only really gets screwed up if you are still transitioning from 2 stars.. if your team is made up of a bunch of max level 3 stars it doesn't seem to have a ton of effect... at least I didn't notice any real change when i added 2 5 stars to my roster.
True, it's more of a personal problem.

Is it me or are 2* Thor and Storm covers more rare than others? I can't for the life of me find any at all no matter how many tokens I open. Moonstone and Hawkeye for days though.

Dalek

Managed to get both CP points from the pve nodes on the first try today. Past few days its taken me 10+ tries to get it. Been hell with them being Gorgon Nodes.
Those Gorgon nodes were just plain mean.

Is anyone else just having awful luck lately? I keep losing matches that I should be winning-my team gets wiped out and it should have been easy.

Triz

Those Gorgon nodes were just plain mean.

Is anyone else just having awful luck lately? I keep losing matches that I should be winning-my team gets wiped out and it should have been easy.

Championing my 2 stars has kinda screwed me. My storm is tanking all the colors now nullifying her usefulness. Ive wiped on the dead pool 2* nodes 2 days in a row.

Thanks to the last PvE I have 4 extra covers of characters with 13 covers, but they're not fully levelled, so it would cost me 200000+ ISO I don't have to champion them. Should I just sell them and not bother with it for now, rather then try and get either of them maxed in the next 11 days?

Thanks to the last PvE I have 4 extra covers of characters with 13 covers, but they're not fully levelled, so it would cost me 200000+ ISO I don't have to champion them. Should I just sell them and not bother with it for now, rather then try and get either of them maxed in the next 11 days?

Me and you both! Sitting on a bunch of Beast & Psylockes and not sure if I should dump the ISO into them to get the two tokens or just sell. I may just do it. My 4* game is weak, and the only DD 4* events I have won are X-Force, Fury & IW.

Are you realistically able to get enough to champion them in the next 11 days?

Me and you both! Sitting on a bunch of Beast & Psylockes and not sure if I should dump the ISO into them to get the two tokens or just sell. I may just do it. My 4* game is weak, and the only DD 4* events I have won are X-Force, Fury & IW.

Are you realistically able to get enough to champion them in the next 11 days?

So far the only DD 4* I've won was the last IW one, and that took me about 20 times.

Right now I've got 5806 ISO, and only 4 of the next 9 Deadpool features. And one of them is already maxed so I could champion it when it's featured. So probably not.

Triz

While its nice to get the token when championing a three star, I don't think its worth it to dump a ton of ISO into garbage 3* you'll never use. I championed the ones I already had maxed but Im not leveling beast just to get a legendary token. Hard enough to build up the ISO to level the ones I still need to level.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Spent 25CP thinkin' I'll get a nice new 4-star

got a Star-Lord

You have been warned!

zulux21

Maybe you will have a use for him eventually!

I am waiting until they drop the price down to 20cp.
it's already down to 20 on steam o_O

yeah it will be really tight if you want to get it.

I am only able to get around 10-15k a day right now. (granted I am only clearing each node once everywhere)

Malmorian

So I was thinking we should post our main line up's we use and why. Wanted to shake things up now that it's raining 4*'s
Cp62j1q.gif

( i lie, but I have gotten 4 of them in the past 2 days so that's an Olympic record for me ) I was wondering what teams everyone is using?

I'll start:

A Team is: LDaken 166 5/3/5, Iron Fist 166 3/5/5 and Luke Cage 166 5/3/5

This team up drops lot of attack tiles from Daken, and powers up IF's passive kung-fu every round. Once you get enough Black, you can either start rampaging with Luke's Black, or wait for IF to get enough Purple and drop fools for 4K damage and THEN tear them apart with Luke's Black. Also if you have enough Yellow then Luke can 1-shot most enemies you come across.

There is no Red tile coverage on this team, but that's ok because the Attack tiles you are generating are red, so you'll want to keep them on the board.

Lastly, you can use Daken's Blue ability, and regen the lost Attack tiles with IF to keep that high damage going while Luke's passive Protect tile helps keep you with high HP after the fight so you don't burn through health packs as fast.

Looking at also putting together a LCap/Patch/Loki or LCap/Cyclops/BWGS. Thoughts?

Dalek

For the DDQ Big Enchilada I use Blade, Steve Rogers, and Cyclops.

For PVE I mainly use Winfinite (Professor X, GS Black Widow and Scarlett Witch)

For PVP, I'm at a loss. I try to use the boosted characters. I did recently fully cover my Hulkbuster so I think I'll try to make a build with him and Iron Fist, but from my experience they really lose a lot of HP each battle so it's not feasible for a lot of matches in a row.

Dalek

What is this magic you speak of? And what's your loadout on Proff X?

My Professor X is 5/2/4

Here's a good description from the forum.

Current Winfinite is Scarlet Witch, Grey Suit Black Widow, and Professor X. It's important that Professor X is a low enough level that GSBW's purple is the strongest color on the team. The goal for this team is to get purple fast, which Scarlet Witch helps with her Arcane Incarnation. When it goes off, it makes purple, and if you're lucky, it'll make a Match 5. A Match 5'll activate PX's Master Plan, doing good damage and also generating 4 MORE purple AP.

So when you got enough purple AP for Deceptive Tactics, you can use the 6 (!) green tiles Black Widow can place, and usually set up two separate Match 5s, activating Master Plan twice, and generating 8 purple AP. And since Black Widow needs 11 AP for Deceptive Tactics, well. It's pretty likely she'll be able to do it again soon, nigh infinitely. Hence, Winfinite.

Sadist

Well DDQ gave me the last Punisher cover I needed to complete him. 5/4/5 for him. (Grey and Red maxed)

So that makes...

- Patch, Spider-Man and Hulk championed. (Patch and Hulk @ 167)
- Cap, Punisher and The Hood completed. Will upgrade Cap when I get my third cover from this event.
- Strongest 4 star is Invisible Woman with 3/4/3, Wolverine X-Force at seven cover, Elektra at six.

Going to need a lot of iso :/

MiTYH

Did the 20CP, got my first 5* Jean grey. It's green, so it's at least usable if she's ever first or second downed. Should be fun to use.

Malmorian

Finally pulled a 4* from a Heroic, Green X-23. That makes 5 in the past few days...too bad that means I've used up all my luck for the year already lol

I need advice; Is it worth leveling these characters I have maxed out cover-wise, and if so, which ones should I prioritise:

Ragnarok, Rocket and Groot (also have two extra covers expiring in 10 days), LCap (also with two extra covers expiring in 12 days), Punisher, plus one of next week's DDs is LThor, which will max cover him as well. And Sunday's DD will give me a Patch cover, who I already have maxed out and ready to champion.

One week with the champion system and it is keeping me from quitting. I was about to quit as the 2* to 3* transition was feeling like too much of a grind, but the system makes all those 2* covers I get much less annoying. The shenanigans around the HP=>CP shift means I likely will never spend money on the game again (or any D3 game) but I have to admit the Champion system is pretty good.

Finally pulled a 4* from a Heroic, Green X-23. That makes 5 in the past few days...too bad that means I've used up all my luck for the year already lol

I started playing MPQ around the time X-23 was introduced, and managed to get a red X-23 from a heroic (or an event token, I don't remember) like 1-2 weeks into starting the game. I thought "this game really hands out the rewards," it took me a week or so to realize that was a fluke.

Dalek

One week with the champion system and it is keeping me from quitting. I was about to quit as the 2* to 3* transition was feeling like too much of a grind, but the system makes all those 2* covers I get much less annoying. The shenanigans around the HP=>CP shift means I likely will never spend money on the game again (or any D3 game) but I have to admit the Champion system is pretty good.

I started playing MPQ around the time X-23 was introduced, and managed to get a red X-23 from a heroic (or an event token, I don't remember) like 1-2 weeks into starting the game. I thought "this game really hands out the rewards," it took me a week or so to realize that was a fluke.

No, the game always frontloads the rewards to make it seem that way. Everytime someone starts the game, they report that. I'm much further in and my luck is shit.

Top Bottom