• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Ragnarok, Rocket and Groot (also have two extra covers expiring in 10 days), LCap (also with two extra covers expiring in 12 days), Punisher, plus one of next week's DDs is LThor, which will max cover him as well. And Sunday's DD will give me a Patch cover, who I already have maxed out and ready to champion.

Cap & Thor are 3* powerhouses. I've noticed Cap getting used less and less these days but he was my main 3* for months. Totally worth it in my books.

Getting a duplicate Invisible Woman cover from a hard earned Legendary Token is the worst feeling.

I don't have a single fully covered 4* and I've received 8 or 9 green IW tokens in my 800 days playing. I know that feeling.

Speaking of which, purple 4* Jean Grey in 5 days! Granted, I only have one of her covers but I'll take it.

No, the game always frontloads the rewards to make it seem that way. Everytime someone starts the game, they report that. I'm much further in and my luck is shit.
Yeah I can barely get a 3* anymore from heroics or taco tokens, though I did get an Elektra randomly like a week ago. They pull you in with some nice drops early on and then once you realize how shitty the grind is its too late and you've already dedicated too much time to quit now.

Though almost every F2P mobile game is like this nowadays
but most of them aren't as grindy as MPQ.

Malmorian

We need some new villains up in here, even if they make them unplayable event villains like Gorgon. ( which I actually like, that's he's not playable )

Where's my Sabertooth? Or Sinister? C'mon guys, I can't stand the Dark Reign combos anymore.

Dalek

Holy shit.

P5DPNPp.jpg

This is my 3rd 5* character with only one cover.

zulux21

Holy shit.

This is my 3rd 5* character with only one cover.

I don't find him all that impressive.
would much prefer if the green move did less damage and cost less.

he will at least be nice to have against strike tile producing stuff in pve though.

Dalek

In addition to Spidey I also got a Mr. Fantastic and an Ant-Man today. Slowly but surely making progress. The Legendary token spree might be ending soon though as I'm running out of 3*s to champion.

zulux21

Why can't you just buy CP

because they make more money requiring super whales to pay for CP to whale then they would by having lower prices for whales and letting normals buy some stuff to get stuff from time to time.

the vast majority of people likely only buy some hp for slots not covers.

Spoit

I've been using Phoenix, OML and Spidey to do the easy PVE rounds. I've found a use for them.

Honestly, while they're good for LR seed kills, for most low level stuff, I find that IF's attack tile is faster. Especially with laken or blade.

Or if there're goons, carnage

zulux21

Honestly, while they're good for LR seed kills, for most low level stuff, I find that IF's attack tile is faster. Especially with laken or blade.

Or if there're goons, carnage

low level goons
IF + daken + falcon

first turn
make green match

every turn after, match yellow.

really don't need the yellow it just makes it a lot faster since all 3 power ups boost the attack tile for like 280 total :p

Malmorian

Damn-congratulations. I'd like to have a usable 5*.

I would like to even have 1...although considering their overall usefulness at only 1 cover, and that they aren't mandatory in PvE yet I'm kinda glad my pulls have all been 4*'s. Really need the boost in covers. Speaking of which, just Championed Laken and pulled my 2nd Iceman, so he's now 0/1/1

NineH

I ran into my first cupcake in PvP today. It was awesome because I was desperately looking for a fight to pass 1000 points. When their easy roster showed up for 40 something points I was like Hallelujah. With that I am able to max Antman. Not the best 4 star but I enjoy him.

Couldn't cheat the PvE system this time, no easy Kamala covers for me, really wanted them too. Guess I have to start tanking again until there's another PvE with covers I want.

zulux21

Championed lazy Thor and got Ghost Rider.

he is next on my list to champion, he just sadly takes 100k iso for me to get there so I have to grind some more :p

it was either him or KK but I am getting covers from my 2 star thor though KK might be more useful and I have a cover for her as well... I will have to decide :p

Got top 25 in the DD pvp, my KK is at 3/4/4 now :)

I'm going to actually participate in the next pve so I can get her 5th green, which is a huge improvement. After that I'll only need that fifth purple and she'll be properly maxed in covers.

Chanser

he is next on my list to champion, he just sadly takes 100k iso for me to get there so I have to grind some more :p

it was either him or KK but I am getting covers from my 2 star thor though KK might be more useful and I have a cover for her as well... I will have to decide :p

Next I'm going to try level up KK and Groot.

So, i played this game when it just came out for probably a solid 3 months or so, then stopped. I came back to it a few weeks back and enjoyed the hell out of it.

However, my roster is full (i have 23 slots) and i'm curious if there is any great way to get more space quickly, or should i be ditching my 1-stars super quick?

zulux21

So, i played this game when it just came out for probably a solid 3 months or so, then stopped. I came back to it a few weeks back and enjoyed the hell out of it.

However, my roster is full (i have 23 slots) and i'm curious if there is any great way to get more space quickly, or should i be ditching my 1-stars super quick?

you will never have enough roster spots... but you really only need jugs from the 1 stars once you get a proper 2 star roster.

you will never have enough roster spots... but you really only need jugs from the 1 stars once you get a proper 2 star roster.

I just know the Deadpool daily forces you to have a 1-Star roster, do you really need just him? (Also, its mostly leveling i need to do currently).

zulux21

I just know the Deadpool daily forces you to have a 1-Star roster, do you really need just him? (Also, its mostly leveling i need to do currently).

you can complete the node with only one 1 star.

yup, the only 1 star you need is jugs :p

he doesn't have a 2 star version so he is never locked out
his red hits hard enough to down or almost down any 2 star in that node
his green hits hard enough to kill most of the minions.

Seems like I'm getting a ton of Elektra covers from my Legendary tokens lately. 4/3/2 now.

Where's that schedule of the upcoming DDQ?
Edit: here you go.

http://mpq.gamependium.com/ddq/

if I recall right iron man is only doable if you have a high level on
not sure on deadpool as I didn't have him last time
thor is doable with a 2/2/2
devil is doable with a level 150 3/3/3
i think i recall electra being mean
i think ant man wasn't to horrible
i recall star lord's being evil even though I didn't have one
prof x was easy if you had his inviso power just long
didn't do kingpin I think I still might be missing him.

Thanks for the heads up. I only kept the few 1-stars i don't have any 2-stars or higher of (though i have no idea if i really need to keep Venom or Yelena), and i'm slowly leveling my high-end 2-star characters from my first go with the game up higher with the ISO (Storm, Hawkeye, Magneto). Still have my Iron Man 1-star for now as well.

zulux21

IIRC, HB was one of the easiest ones

if you have a decently leveled one it was no issue from what I hear.
if you are hoping to get by with a lower level one that is only a 2/2/1 or so you were gonna get destroyed.

hulkbuster was easy because of his massive damage, if you can't get that massive damage you die as I think it's against hulk and a level 270 hulk with max black ranks if you can't kill in a few hits will just destroy you.

a lower level hulkbuster does just enough to trigger some anger tiles lol.

My Hulkbuster is level 167 5/5/3. Hope that's enough.

should be, you should be able to tank for a while to build up AP and then shoot off enough attacks to kill him in one go.

also for who people faced
SG was level 222

Dalek

Defeated Hulk in my second attempt. I boosted and just tried to deny green and red. Got some blue to make some defense, and then just waited until I had 30 red and then whammo.
Got a yellow Wolvie X-Force which fully covers him now.

Sadist

Man, the bracket I'm in is insane. Got all the rewards (including the legendary token yay, which netted me grey Carnage) but overall I still rank 246th for this event. Damn. I won't complain about my rewards. Thanks to the tokens of this event I got two Elektra's, a spare 3* Cap and a Carnage. Oh well.

Dalek

Looks like the new app update is out. Under the release notes they seem to put a clue about new Characters. Last time they had "out of the blue and into the black" which was hinting at Black Costume Spidey".

This one says "Like Father, Like Son"

Cable?
Odin?
5* Daken?
Skaar?
Nova?
Legion?

Top Bottom