• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

zulux21

When can we finally have a full team of wolverines? Or can you already do that with X-23?

SQMXTun.jpg

:p

Sadist

Oh my lol

So I got bored last night and I opened 79 *1 tokens and man I'm happy about the champion thing. Lots of *2 (and three *3 of which one was usable grmbl grmbl) so I could upgrade. Since the champion thing I already got like 11 Storm covers. I'll max her out in no time.

Triz

Champion iron fist token gave me xforce wolverine who I bought the last cover for with 2500g last week....

Champion him and get another wolverine cover. Bleh.

Dalek

Spent all week pouring ISO into my 4* Deadpool so he'd stand a chance against Wolverine today. After 3 attempts I finally won-my reward? A duplicate yellow Wolverine X-Force cover. Such disappointment.

Spent all week pouring ISO into my 4* Deadpool so he'd stand a chance against Wolverine today. After 3 attempts I finally won-my reward? A duplicate yellow Wolverine X-Force cover. Such disappointment.

Yuck. Almost beat Wolverine on my first try with my 0/2/2 Deadpool. Tried another two times and gave up, it wasn't going to happen.

However I got my first Miles Morales cover from the GSBW PvP token. So that's nice.

Malmorian

Just Championed Patch and got my 1st 5*, Black Spiderman. So my question is, does having a 5* break your roster? Should I bother adding him, or wait as long as possible? Any advise would be appreciated

Any spots on the Alliance open? The champion thing and the new ways to get rare characters has got me interested in playing again. Probably won't be a heavy hitter like before but I'll put my work in.

Triz

Just Championed Patch and got my 1st 5*, Black Spiderman. So my question is, does having a 5* break your roster? Should I bother adding him, or wait as long as possible? Any advise would be appreciated
I read it's your top 3 averaged for brackets. Not sure if that's right or not.

I read it's your top 3 averaged for brackets. Not sure if that's right or not.
That's what everyone says so I assume it's true. If your top 2(before getting the 5*) are at least 166 the difference won't be as noticeable but if your top 3 are ~100 each it'll wreck your scaling as it did mine. Apparently it'll wreck your pvp scaling too.

Dalek

I have THREE 5* characters and it's really done a number on my scaling.

Malmorian

I have like, 6-7 maxed out characters, so hopefully it won't have as much of an impact. I was honestly hoping to get a 4* instead

I think I can safely remove one person

and add you, as two months is well beyond my normal 2 weeks to put your spot at risk >.>

It has been a while, was it Gafvengers?

Edit, not finding it. Guess I totally forgot what it was called.
Edit 2: Found it. I'm in. Thanks!

My 3* Thor is 2/2/5 and I got a sixth green cover, this is so annoying. There's no way I'll be able to max him within 12 days so I basically got a useless cover. This is a unique feeling for me as this is only the third time I've gotten a 3* cover I can't use(not counting Bullseye and Rags covers I literally throw away).

My 3* Thor is 2/2/5 and I got a sixth green cover, this is so annoying. There's no way I'll be able to max him within 12 days so I basically got a useless cover. This is a unique feeling for me as this is only the third time I've gotten a 3* cover I can't use(not counting Bullseye and Rags covers I literally throw away).
Get used to it because it will soon become common. At least until you champion everyone.

zulux21

Might as well pick the 5 star.

5 star - has no real current use besides screwing up your scaling.
4 star might eventually allow you to complete another DDQ to get more tokens to potentially get more 5 stars.

but i mean, totally your call :p

really you could just push on events, if you just opened them youwould have 14 days so a couple top finishes might get you enough HP./

heh, 3 stars are nothing, just wait until you are getting 4 stars that are 0/0/5 and you have to throw away a cover :p

zulux21

I don't think I can bring myself to champion a bunch of useless 3* characters. I dumped 107k into freaking Psylocke yesterday and I still feel dirty for doing it.

the list of characters I want to champion is short, but i will likely do a number of them.
the only one I know for a fact I won't champion is iron man 40... he can continue to rot with max covers on my roster because he sucks that much >.>

Spoit

the list of characters I want to champion is short, but i will likely do a number of them.
the only one I know for a fact I won't champion is iron man 40... he can continue to rot with max covers on my roster because he sucks that much >.>

Well that, and having yellow undercovered is better. Maybe if championing let you respec him to 551, it might be worthwhile

I don't think I can bring myself to champion a bunch of useless 3* characters. I dumped 107k into freaking Psylocke yesterday and I still feel dirty for doing it.
On the bright side they've said they want to buff certain characters. Problem is that D3 likes to take their sweet ass time doing anything at all.

A Colossus + IM40 combo would have been cool if all of Iron Man's powers didn't sap shitloads of ap even when combined with Colossus black.

zulux21

Well that, and having yellow undercovered is better. Maybe if championing let you respec him to 551, it might be worthwhile

really it would be nice if he just got updated in general.
all of his moves are a joke that are weaker than most other 3 stars and yet still have draw backs @_@

Dalek

Thank God for small favors. Got both Command Points on my first attempts today. I'm pretty tired so I'm glad I won't have to grind.

Got my season's 10 pack. Got an Elektra cover & 4* Cyclops, a 3* Hulk and two Rocket & Groot covers. Trying to get R&G to max level so I can champion them, but I've got two weeks, so we'll see. Solid 10 pack, finally.

zulux21

Thank God for small favors. Got both Command Points on my first attempts today. I'm pretty tired so I'm glad I won't have to grind.

ill never grind for those.
really D3 needs to alter their rewards.
20 iso rewards should only show up after you have gotten all of the other rewards.
you shouldn't have to grind a single node more than the number of prizes to get the stuff from it... I mean needing to grind up to 4 times is already more than enough :/
Got my season's 10 pack. Got an Elektra cover & 4* Cyclops, a 3* Hulk and two Rocket & Groot covers. Trying to get R&G to max level so I can champion them, but I've got two weeks, so we'll see. Solid 10 pack, finally.

if you spend no iso, do DDQ each day fully, do each node of the PVE once, and enter every PVP and just beat the starting 3 bot teams you should get around 10k iso a day allowing you to max and champion a 3 star character just under 14 days.

zulux21

got 3 legendaries in the last 24 hours.
sadly none were exciting.
red carnage, yellow x force, and yellow prof x (so wish it was the blue one :/)

Does EVERYONE have a maxxed out Jean Grey or is it just me?
Mine is like 2/2/1 and just a cover or two away from being decently useful.

That Elektra cover from last night brings mine to 4/4/4 and currently Lv 195 with just over 10k health. I can actually start bringing her in on my team, especially when buffed.

Dalek

I'm wondering now if I should hold off on leveling my remaining 3* characters to 166 to champion them, so that I can put ISO into X-Force Wolvie, Thor and Hulkbuster to make them usable.

Still working on
She-Hulk
Falcon
Squirrel Girl
Human Torch
Captain Marvel
Beast
Doc Ock
Iron Man
Mystique
Sentry
Punisher