• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

zulux21

galactus i think is the revised version not the original but I can't be sure.

either way it's not looking good for a nova cover even if I grind all my nodes down to 1 I feel I might end up like 500 points shy of getting a cover :(

No LT for me in the Hunt, but I did get a Nova. I'm also in 1st place in our Galactus event, GAFvengers, but I'm all spent unless you move him onto the next round.

I think you are just all spent, if I recall right with galactus the rounds don't reset the nodes they only reset every 8 hours. (though I suppose galactus himself you might get one shot at)

edit: sigh... if I grind for the next hour i can likely get a nova... what a pain, but i want to help the alliance as much as possible this time around @_@

edit: or not, at this rate I will end up like rank 104 >.<

bleah guess I will just miss out on nova... if the ranks above me froze I could likely do it but the people in front of me are climbing just about as fast as I am :/

maybe I will get lucky with galactus...

Malmorian

No Nova and no Hawkeye, but I pulled my 2nd five star, Jean Gray. Does having 2 5*'s in your roster change much? I have a handful of maxed 3's

zulux21

No Nova and no Hawkeye, but I pulled my 2nd five star, Jean Gray. Does having 2 5*'s in your roster change much? I have a handful of maxed 3's

it won't change things to much if you have some maxed 3 stars already... plus a rebalance is supposed to come soon.

I also have no nova, and I am missing a handful of characters but had the other ones...

but yeah missed nova by just a bit. at least iron fist will get one level higher and get me 500 iso >.>

Dalek

One of the items listed in today's update was something along the lines of:

"Enemy heroes with individual attacks will include AOE attacks when the only remaining opponent is invisible"

KOcFCGe.gif

Great so the Prof X DPD is now impossible instead of easy.

Great job D3, you really fucked 99% of the player base over once again, as long as the fucking whales are happy I guess.

zulux21

So with the latest update will we no longer be able to cheese the IW DD by going invisible?
no that should still be possible, quicksilver still only has the one AOE attack.

Great so the Prof X DPD is now impossible instead of easy.

Great job D3, you really fucked 99% of the player base over once again, as long as the fucking whales are happy I guess.

shouldn't be that bad as you just have to deny red as well as green now.

as "Enemy heroes now use Single-Target powers with AoE components when the last member of the Player&#8217;s team is invisible." means that if their skill is something like carnage's red they will shoot it off to get the AOE effect but the single target stuff still won't hit. (at least from what I am reading that should be the case)

Championed BP today, got a my third red Falcon Cap cover. Now 0/0/3 for him.

Also got a cover for red lady Thor, bringing her to 4/1/2. I'm looking forward to finally being able to use her for real one day.

zulux21

Championed BP today, got a my third red Falcon Cap cover. Now 0/0/3 for him.

Also got a cover for red lady Thor, bringing her to 4/1/2. I'm looking forward to finally being able to use her for real one day.

im dreading the day when I finally get a useless 4 star cover.
though one more wolverine and I could champion a 4 star lol.
might do it just to make his day that shows up every 4-6 months is easier and so if I get another cover of his it won't be a waste :p

that being said the iso used to champion him could be used to champion multiple 3 stars that I could get legendary tokens from at a faster rate than him... so yeah... likely will do that.

in other news the next character should be
Spider-Gwen

Dalek

Yeah well I got all the covers for Hulkbuster and now he's the rewards for the Galactus event. He's not fully leveled so I'll just be selling them for ISO.

zulux21

Yeah well I got all the covers for Hulkbuster and now he's the rewards for the Galactus event. He's not fully leveled so I'll just be selling them for ISO.

that is a shame :(

I am doing some galactus stuff now... for the heck of it *runs a level 78 mostorm, level 165 OBW and level 101 hulk against galactus lol*

lets see how this does :p

slow but not bad... if I leveled people it might work better but then hulk might not trigger :p

I've had success with OBW/2Mags/Shulk, I could try MoStorm but I only have 3 in her green so it's not ideal. My hulk is 5/5/3 so that's not great either.

Ms Marvel is decent too but while her yellow is great at shaking up the board and getting rid of CD/cosmic tiles it does get in the way of Mags purple, also she does zero damage.

zulux21

No cross save sadly.

really it shouldn't be that hard to get something like facebook connect in the steam version :/

edit:

bwa ha ha ha ha ha
and I don't have a nova :p

I do like the hulk storm widow team though.
i might have to sink some iso into hulk and storm after round 5 as I need hulk to be able to take 4 hits and a higher level storm would kill faster but beyond that it's proven very safe.

hulk anger makes green.
storm green makes AP of other colors.
storm yellow cleans up team up to help make green more effective.
storm black makes boss die faster.
widow blue stalls enemy and heals just in case.
widow purple keeps the boss from firing his big move.
widow black helps steal black from boss to keep you safe.
hulk could maybe smash with red but draining green ruins the chain and I hate counting tiles.

Sadist

Up to round 4 in the Galactus event. Tokens gave me Deadpool and Groot. Cool.

Btw, did they balance everything? I'm in the Scarlet Witch PvE event and I'm kicking ass.

really it shouldn't be that hard to get something like facebook connect in the steam version :/

edit:

bwa ha ha ha ha ha

and I don't have a nova :p

I do like the hulk storm widow team though.
i might have to sink some iso into hulk and storm after round 5 as I need hulk to be able to take 4 hits and a higher level storm would kill faster but beyond that it's proven very safe.

hulk anger makes green.
storm green makes AP of other colors.
storm yellow cleans up team up to help make green more effective.
storm black makes boss die faster.
widow blue stalls enemy and heals just in case.
widow purple keeps the boss from firing his big move.
widow black helps steal black from boss to keep you safe.
hulk could maybe smash with red but draining green ruins the chain and I hate counting tiles.

Nice work.

GAF Vengers lets get this going! At this rate I think we'll get one red Hulkbuster but it would be awesome to get two. I'm doing all my nodes, but without Nova it's tough.

I accidentally went into Galactus with Cyclops instead of OBW so that was my first loss, very frustrating as I could've sworn I picked her.

OBW/Mags/MoStorm is untouchable though, literally.

zulux21

Up to round 4 in the Galactus event. Tokens gave me Deadpool and Groot. Cool.

Btw, did they balance everything? I'm in the Scarlet Witch PvE event and I'm kicking ass.

nope, the balance won't be sometime in the next 7-20 days.

also... man had I known I would have gotten 5 3* mags covers in the last 24 hours I would have kept and used the iso I had been stockpiling to champion SW on him instead.

got him twice over from galactus tokens.
once from a taco
once from the DDQ
and once from a standard lol.

yay for 2.5k iso @_@

I wonder if I can get the last 5k iso I need today to champ SW (already did DDQ) I think with one more cover my electra could maybe do this event, but as it stands she just doesn't have enough HP.

Malmorian

I'm drooling at the thought of a Red Hulkbuster. I'm kinda shocked actually that it's the 1st reward, and not the black or blue one. Let's do this!

Next week they're going to TEST the new balance, they have not indicated when they're going to actually implement it if it goes as planned.

The events that will have the new scaling:
Beast PVP
Venom Heroic PVE

Dalek

My Hulkbuster is 0/5/5 now, so red covers are what I've been missing for a long time now.

Alright brother-let's help you out. I just went through all the nodes and beat the shit out of Galactus. I roll with OBW, Cyclops and Patch.

So I need help with the 4* Elektra DDQ fight today against Blade. My Elektra is 166 5/3/2 - how do I beat Blade?

So I need help with the 4* Elektra DDQ fight today against Blade. My Elektra is 166 5/3/2 - how do I beat Blade?
He thrives off red and black. Fortunately those are exactly what Elektra needs, and her purple should switch any of Blade's strike tiles. Limit his red/black intake and you should be okay. Make sure to launch her black ability often, it nullifies any damage.

Dalek

Unbelievable. Yesterday my Daily login reward was a purple Elektra cover, bringing me to 5 for her. Which would be very helpful for today's DDQ.

So I finally beat Blade today-got my Legendary token-open it up: A Purple Elektra cover. You have to be shitting me.

Malmorian

Alright brother-let's help you out. I just went through all the nodes and beat the shit out of Galactus. I roll with OBW, Cyclops and Patch.

Wow great job on the board Dalek. Sadly, once I saw your Elektra I knew mine wouldn't stand a chance, glad you beat the node!

I've been playing this game for years and still don't know what the Lightning Rounds are for. I finished one round of bots, and suddenly matched up with five star teams to earn 150 ISO and maybe a recruit token.

Dalek

I've been playing this game for years and still don't know what the Lightning Rounds are for. I finished one round of bots, and suddenly matched up with five star teams to earn 150 ISO and maybe a recruit token.

It's apparently the best way to earn ISO and I've kind of slept on this. I'm starting today-but it's hard to devote time when I'm working. I'm going to set an alarm on my phone to remind me when the LR start. If you start IMMEDIATELY when the LR starts and clear all the seed teams and then repeat every time a LR starts you'll earn a ton of ISO.

Malmorian

It's apparently the best way to earn ISO and I've kind of slept on this. I'm starting today-but it's hard to devote time when I'm working. I'm going to set an alarm on my phone to remind me when the LR start. If you start IMMEDIATELY when the LR starts and clear all the seed teams and then repeat every time a LR starts you'll earn a ton of ISO.

Wow seriously? How have I not known this? I've never won a token, just always went for the quick token grab as it tends to scale so fast

He thrives off red and black. Fortunately those are exactly what Elektra needs, and her purple should switch any of Blade's strike tiles. Limit his red/black intake and you should be okay. Make sure to launch her black ability often, it nullifies any damage.

I really appreciate this breakdown. I haven't used Elektra before today and managed to beat the node with a 147 2/3/2 thanks to your explanation (especially the tip on black).

zulux21

Wow seriously? How have I not known this? I've never won a token, just always went for the quick token grab as it tends to scale so fast

yeah if you are quick you can usually get 10 or so bot matches in

10 X 30 iso = 300

prizes are 70, 100, 140, 250 iso so 140 iso on average thus 1400 iso from that
so 1700 iso from the matches for 10 quick bot matches.

Holy shit, I beat blade with a 111 Elektra. Black power really helped. Pulled a Red Lady Thor with the token.

use any boosts?

edit: bleh, I could have beat him this last time if I didn't have extreme bad luck. no purple but like 2 on the board. I make a match and they would fall down 3 times in a row so he could make a match @_@

zulux21

took me 5 times to beat Blade-last time I got a good board and used boosts. It can be done.

I don't believe you.... of course I am having my normal DDQ luck and half the time the first move the enemy makes cascades and gives him 6 black 6 purple and leaves enough red for strike tiles and the next move gives enough black or purple to use the his move and kill me :p

I got him down to 2k when I had 3 once, and then he got like 20 black thanks to 3 5 matches that cascaded down lol.

Sadist

Ugh, the Galactus event is kicking my ass now. Booo. My current alliance will get a Magneto cover out of it though. Last two Galactus tokens gave me two 2* Mags. Lame.

In other news, 22nd place in the Red Shift event. Two extra Black Panther covers, I ain't even mad.

Malmorian

Pulled a Black BP as well, now his covers are maxed, but not since Laken will I need to Champion a character in order to respec. Still short 1 black of perfection.

zulux21

There is a known bug in the Galactus event causing the goons to scale too high.

Hi everyone,

There is currently a confirmed issue affecting the scaling of minion enemies in the Galactus Hungers event. We apologize for the frustration some players have experienced. Demiurge are working on the the issue and seeing how quickly they can implement a fix. Here's word from the team:

"There is a bug causing players to face enemies that were scaled much higher than what we intended for the Galactus Hungers event. Unfortunately, we will be unable to change the minions that players are currently facing in the event.

We are looking into the next event to see if we can address the unintended scaling issue. We hope to address this and will get back to you once we know."

Thank you.
last time something like this happened they ended up just awarding everyone the round prize they were working on at the end of the event.

Top Bottom