• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Triz

I have a 1 star spider man node where the enemies are level 250+. I was able to beat it with my buffed others but I thought that was just ridiculous, he got one shotted by an enemy timer pop.

Malmorian

Yeah just got wiped. Saw the countdown and I was expecting high damage, but I didn't take notice of their levels. I didn't last long after that.

zulux21

Cant believe you're still playing zulux. Lol

hmmm wha...?
I haven't played that much
SVWl7lp.png
see :p

to be fair I cut back quite a bit and usually just do DDQ and what not, I've always enjoyed games like puzzle quest so it's something I do while watching stuff or waking up in the morning. very few hours are dedicated to just it :p

I have a 1 star spider man node where the enemies are level 250+. I was able to beat it with my buffed others but I thought that was just ridiculous, he got one shotted by an enemy timer pop.

I'll find out in 3 hours how mine are as that is when my galactus main node next resets and I might as well get the extra hit in on him.

This Galactus Event is still straight garbage. I finally got the game updated and started playing earlier and this event was around last time I was playing heavily for the Anniversary. It's just stupid how fighting Galactus at times just feels like hoping for good RNG. I lost a round with him at 18 hp because I didn't get a single cascade in the last 6 matches I made.

zulux21

This Galactus Event is still straight garbage. I finally got the game updated and started playing earlier and this event was around last time I was playing heavily for the Anniversary. It's just stupid how fighting Galactus at times just feels like hoping for good RNG. I lost a round with him at 18 hp because I didn't get a single cascade in the last 6 matches I made.

it sucks when that happens. with the team I have been using I removed RNG. the only thing I need is in the first 3 turns to be able to line up a red or green match anywhere on the board and I am typically set.

edit: good god that hulk node with 8 high level ninjas SUCKS!

Rofl for a second I thought the new character was going to be Cthulhu, I wasn't ready for a mobile game to make me literally lose my mind.
it sucks when that happens. with the team I have been using I removed RNG. the only thing I need is in the first 3 turns to be able to line up a red or green match anywhere on the board and I am typically set.

edit: good god that hulk node with 8 high level ninjas SUCKS!

It's horrendous, I picked She-Hulk to steal the attack tiles to make life easier for myself, but christ. Fight 8 ninjas then fight this extremely high leveled 4*.

zulux21

Rofl for a second I thought the new character was going to be Cthulhu, I wasn't ready for a mobile game to make me literally lose my mind.

It's horrendous, I picked She-Hulk to steal the attack tiles to make life easier for myself, but christ. Fight 8 ninjas then fight this extremely high leveled 4*.

I got it on my second try despite a very stupid mistake (killed a ninja with berserker rage neglecting to remember the attack tiles that had just killed me lulz)

What team? I've just been plopping boosted characters in there covering all colors.

zulux21

What team? I've just been plopping boosted characters in there covering all colors.

3 star hulk with max anger covers
3 star storm with max green covers
2 star widow built like any sane person would build her :p

hulk anger makes green.
storm green makes AP of other colors.
storm yellow cleans up team up to help make green more effective.
storm black makes boss die faster.
widow blue stalls enemy and heals just in case.
widow purple keeps the boss from firing his big move.
widow black helps steal black from boss to keep you safe.
hulk could maybe smash with red but draining green ruins the chain and I hate counting tiles.

my hulk is only level 120-230 boosted (I've been slowly leveling him)
widow is like 166
and my storm is like level 80.

I have no losses to galactus, my worst round the characters were all down to 2k health as after purposely taking the first two count down timers to have hulk anger twice I didn't have a red or green match to take the next two (though usually it's only one. 3 angers seem to about what is needed to get the chain of death going :p

it takes a while, but as long as I can complete the "trivial" nodes to reboot gal, I should get the legendary token as I am already more than halfway there.

I'm liking my new PvP team: KK, Luke Cage, She-Hulk. High damage, high survivability(high hp + heal + unbreakable), AP drain. It's got it all, only issue is that my She-Hulk is 5/2/4 and my Cage is 3/3/4 so they're not as strong as they could be.

GAFVengers is very close to the first Hulkbuster token. I'm tapped out but will do another round in the Denver airport in about 8 hours.

I really think at this pace we can land two tokens.

hopefully.

also
I might have been pushing my luck a bit my last fight lol

Ouch.

I still can't get over how much nicer that interface is than the iOS one.

On mobile, when an enemy finishes their turn the interface quickly shows you their gem totals. I really wish it did the same for your own team.

zulux21

Ouch.

I still can't get over how much nicer that interface is than the iOS one.

On mobile, when an enemy finishes their turn the interface quickly shows you their gem totals. I really wish it did the same for your own team.

I guess they figure that if you really want to see it you will just scroll the screen to see it on mobile :p

really they could make an optimized version for tablets, there isn't any reason a tablet version couldn't look like PC.

in other news I am afraid of the next round of gal. mine is currently 300 but comes up as 324 when I face it. I think the next one will be 350 and not 400... I hear the 400 one comes up at
but you still only get points for a 400 one.

also yay red hulk cover here is hoping we can get the next one as well (and then maybe support will give us the last one from the event being screwed)

edit: guess I don't have to worry
I was on pace to get the legendary token, likely won't happen now.

despite the new missions everything is locked.
galactus says defeat the nodes
and the nodes say beat galactus :/

I already quit out the game and restarted it. I figure it will fix itself when my galactus node unlocks in 7 hours, which would leave me with 36 minutes to beat him and the nodes... if you know I was home to do that but I will be at work at that time -_-

edit: seems to have fixed itself, I'm not putting that update on MPQ forums though as I am still on a time limit and the all locked sucked @_@

heh it was bound to happen sometime... galactus just got 4 5+ matches.

MiTYH

I guess they figure that if you really want to see it you will just scroll the screen to see it on mobile :p

really they could make an optimized version for tablets, there isn't any reason a tablet version couldn't look like PC.

in other news I am afraid of the next round of gal. mine is currently 300 but comes up as 324 when I face it. I think the next one will be 350 and not 400... I hear the 400 one comes up at
but you still only get points for a 400 one.

also yay red hulk cover here is hoping we can get the next one as well (and then maybe support will give us the last one from the event being screwed)

edit: guess I don't have to worry
I was on pace to get the legendary token, likely won't happen now.

despite the new missions everything is locked.

galactus says defeat the nodes

and the nodes say beat galactus :/

I already quit out the game and restarted it. I figure it will fix itself when my galactus node unlocks in 7 hours, which would leave me with 36 minutes to beat him and the nodes... if you know I was home to do that but I will be at work at that time -_-

edit: seems to have fixed itself, I'm not putting that update on MPQ forums though as I am still on a time limit and the all locked sucked @_@

heh it was bound to happen sometime... galactus just got 4 5+ matches.

Same thing happened to me, thought it was weird but it said I had like 40 minutes to wait, so I went to play something else. Seems fixed now

Sadist

Uggh whats with the legendary tokens only giving me new characters. So many singles right now. Got Captain Falcon Red now.

Only multi cover 4* I have right now are Invisible Woman (10), Wolverine (7), Elektra (7), Carnage, F. Thor (5) and R. Huk and Reed (2).

Dalek

I really need to max level and champion my Hulk so I can change his build. As it stands now he only has 3 black. Ugh.

Triz

I'm envious of the steam version for one reason, my screen on the phone literally dimmed out while I waited for the computer to finish the cascade it had set off. Yes I lost that iron fist node against the 277 juggernaut and 5 friends.

zulux21

Wow you're not kidding-great team up!

yup I like it :p

though it works much better with my level 150 boosted hulk and level 91 storm against a level 350 galactus than a level 478 :p

either way I am pretty much for sure gonna get the legendary token here is hoping for something useful :p

Dalek

yup I like it :p

though it works much better with my level 150 boosted hulk and level 91 storm against a level 350 galactus than a level 478 :p

either way I am pretty much for sure gonna get the legendary token here is hoping for something useful :p

Yeah me too. 1 or 2 more wins against Galactus should do it.

Edit:
Got it. Another Legendary Token, another duplicate 4 star cover.

zulux21

hmmm it's gonna be tight if we can beat round 7. hopefully we can as with the screw ups if we do we might get round 8's prize as well.

yay.
and for it I get...
a yellow inviso woman.
at least it wasn't a compeltely useless cover.

zulux21

gah overslept and now missed an entire round of galactus (and even with that being said I only got 6 hours of sleep lol)... oh well >.<; i'll at least do the rest of the rounds today correctly.

I think as long as we do well we have a legit shot at the cover though.

Triz

Serious scaling question. Galactus Hawkeyes node for me levels 338-339 with about 10 guys to get through. Do you guys have a have similar node?

I beat it but damn.

zulux21

I haven't had much time to play today sorry.

Pet issues-been at the vet.

it's all good.

also.. HOLY SHIT
Hello,

We’d like to announce and confirm what some eagle-eyed players have already begun noticing – 20 Iso-8 mission rewards are going away. We hope this much-requested change is one you will enjoy.

Demiurge Quote:
“We’ve removed the 20 Iso-8 mission rewards from all missions. Now, when you complete a mission, you’ll earn each mission reward randomly until you’ve earned all of them. We’ve upped the number of mission rewards to 7, and included more 100 Iso-8 rewards.

We’ve also made this change in the Prologue chapters, and added more Iso-8 prizes to existing missions. We recommend heading back there and taking on Ragnarok again :)

These changes are live in the current Gauntlet event, and will be in full effect during the Venom Heroic event beginning Monday, February 8th, as well as all future Story events.”

Thanks very much. Have fun out there!

Top Bottom