• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

zulux21

Fucking finally. The best change ever made in the game. What a relief.

it sounds like the Prologue nodes will lock when you have all the rewards. but yeah in general even if after 7 matches you get nothing it's still way better.

also if anyone can get some galactus fights in please do. as it stands we are gonna miss the cover by about 200,000 points (we have done about 800k of points this round and he has around 1 mil left)

it sounds like the Prologue nodes will lock when you have all the rewards. but yeah in general even if after 7 matches you get nothing it's still way better.

also if anyone can get some galactus fights in please do. as it stands we are gonna miss the cover by about 200,000 points (we have done about 800k of points this round and he has around 1 mil left)

I'm giving things a go-round now before I head out for a bit, and then I might be able to do one last run afterwards (nodes refresh in an hour).

And I noticed on my phone today (my second, beginning profile) that rewards changed to 7 options, so glad no more 20s.

I'm giving things a go-round now before I head out for a bit, and then I might be able to do one last run afterwards (nodes refresh in an hour).

And I noticed on my phone today (my second, beginning profile) that rewards changed to 7 options, so glad no more 20s.

I just did the Galactus fight and got 20 ISO :)

I am boarding a plane right now but will touch down in about 150 mins. I'll power through as many matches as I can during the layover.

Holy shit, fuck both of those survival battles. Complete bullshit. I can't support that kind of fuckery.

I seriously hope that's that bug. If so, I can breathe a bit better, but if not, hot damn.

zulux21

I'm out of nodes guys it's on you to get the last cover.

I am trying but I have lost every battle so far. Goddamn.

trying...

again if anyone else is left and unsure if they should bother...

we are getting really close
awRXiAf.jpg

I will do nearly 60k of that myself so I just need others to do the last 140 :p

it's a shame I didn't have a nova :/

zulux21

That was cutting it a bit close! ;)

i blame their screwed up scaling... for not making it closer.

if I wasn't facing a level 478 galactus for a round yesterday we would have been oh about 500 points away as I only a little over half killed him in two failures yesterday :p

zulux21

So what happens on the final clear once you've done the node 8 times then?

you no longer get any reward for any clears after the 7th.

overall still way better as the 3 extra rewards added were 100iso rewards meaning that in order to get the same back from the old way you would have had to do 15 grinds, on top of the 4 prizes to get the same rewards. aka 19 vs 7 so you would need a 20th before the old way way better (and even then you maybe wouldn't get all the rewards)

personally I don't get why they didn't just leave the 20 iso reward after you get the 7 rewards, but w/e I won't grind a node more than 7 times most likely.

The only downside is that you're less likely to get the best reward(usually CP) on your first try, but overall it's still better.

Edit: Got my 10-pack, nine 2* and a 3* Storm green. Second season in a row that this exact thing happens to me, just the worst.

MiTYH

Damn, people are remembering PvP exists :p. It was nice climbing the ranks in Black Panther while my Galactus recharged, but now my #2 spot is a #12 and dropping.

Also, love all these new (or old?) HP drops in story mode. ANd lots of iso (a 5k in the ragnorak one), very nice for an easy clear!

zulux21

so I think KK is my next 3 star to champ (I have a cover for her and I always wanted to play around with her.)

after that i am thinking about blade (he seems to be great against bots that produce only 1 or two colors as he can just steal all of one color repeated from them and funnel it into someone else)

Sadist

Two heroic tokens (from upgrading a champ and one as daily award) and a Heroic ten pack later, I got myself a villainous bunch; Doc Ock, Loki, Rags and Dr. Doom. Saturday is villain day! Plus two legendary pulls, but those were Ant-Man and Chulk. Not a bad day by all means.

This may be the first PVP season where I don't crack 1,000 pts let alone get the 10 pack.

Several trips this past month made me miss a bunch of the events.

Feels kind of....liberating.

Triz

Beat Jean with a 131 Star Lord. Took three tries boosted blue/purple , red/yellow , and 5 match damage. Pulled a blue Nick Fury.

zulux21

This may be the first PVP season where I don't crack 1,000 pts let alone get the 10 pack.

Several trips this past month made me miss a bunch of the events.

Feels kind of....liberating.

10 pack is a trap

sigh on try 7 for jean with 131 ant man.
try 2 i got her down to 162 hp.
try 6 she was at 3.5k but my purple does that when I use grow so also was one turn away :/

it would be nice to have a match where after the first turn she doesn't have 8 green or 8 purple/.

try 7.... die one turn from killing her again... this time I screwed up and missed a purple match I could have made :/
try 8.. doing well... then BOOM cascade she gets 14 purple.
try 9 I finally get her to get...
meh....
well at least it wasn't a duplicate 4 star wolverine I couldn't use.

Dispatch

Ok-my 5th Legendary Token that gave a duplicate cover. Another Invisible Woman.

I really do dislike this, but at least I don't cringe at all the duplicate two stars I'm getting since I've championed mine. It really does make the game feel less punitive.

I really do dislike this, but at least I don't cringe at all the duplicate two stars I'm getting since I've championed mine. It really does make the game feel less punitive.

Agreed.

I wish it were cheaper to bring up the 3* characters to 166. I just checked and I've championed 20 out of the available 40. I hate that I keep throwing away covers for Storm, She-Hulk, Spidey etc. but I hate the thought of spending the ISO even more.

it sounds like they are working on rebalancing ironman 40.

That would be great. As my first fully covered 3* he was my go-to for ages but as a long time IM40 apologist even I never use him.

zulux21

well that didn't take long to get confirmed lol.

same cost for nearly double the damage and sort of half the AP drain.

a little cheaper, a little more damage, more focused AP drain, loss of stun. not a big update here

and just yes here.... cheaper that the original 2 cover move, and adds way more AP.

looks like he will be a great battery, thus an obvious 5 yellow now. red or blue would depend on what you want, but he could actually be worth playing now with that battery.

also DDQ is gonna get a lot more random with the missions.

iron man update will go live likely next week.
about two weeks after that Vision will get an update.

I was working on KK anyways to level up, but I think my lazy cap and iron man might be after as really that looks like a great PVE now especially against goons.

match to 6 yellow, protect your tiles you get 12 red, 12 blue, 9 green, 3 purple.

cap can then easily start doing red and blue nukes of tiles, each time healing the team thanks to KK
when you get green you can do a team attack and purple can be used with that too targeting the useless black
and yellow can just be used to recharge more o_O

Spoit

Hopefully they'll have a tournament with the yellow at the lowest level so all of us who stuck him at 552 can max cover and champion

Iron Man Model 40 was the first 3 star I ever maxed, so it's nice to see him get a buff. He used to be a mainstay on my team, but then he got outclassed by practically every other 3*.

This update seems like a hell of a buff! Crazy that his Yellow actually gets CHEAPER now instead of more expensive.

Wait a minute - does that mean that his maxed yellow will battery thirty six AP across red/blue/green/purple?

That's insane.

Now the only question is 3/5/5 or 5/3/5? 4/4/5 doesn't look to be worth the sacrifice of either max red or blue.

zulux21

Wait a minute - does that mean that his maxed yellow will battery thirty six AP across red/blue/green/purple?

That's insane.

Now the only question is 3/5/5 or 5/3/5? 4/4/5 doesn't look to be worth the sacrifice of either max red or blue.

yup.

you could also use hood to increase the speed of the countdown tiles and steal ap if you wanted :p

I should be able to champion Daredevil tomorrow, and then I'll get to doing the same for Deadpool. He's at Lv 150, so it's not THAT long, but man, yeah, iso thirst is real.

zulux21

so how bad of a person am I for taking two level 15 two stars and a stock rags and taking on someone that gave me 55 points that had a team of 130s and killing them via a whales team up >.>

Top Bottom