• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

so how bad of a person am I for taking two level 15 two stars and a stock rags and taking on someone that gave me 55 points that had a team of 130s and killing them via a whales team up >.>

You are doing the lord's work.

I am officially off my ISO spending spree. After Championing 3* Cyclops I have officially spent over 500,000 ISO since they introduced the mechanic. Reserves are low.

zulux21

so today was my best taco day ever.

aoGUR9V.png

CvQY44L.png

and I get...
a token for a hero months away from going again that I already have strong enough to do his event... on the plus side I could use a little more oomph to make him easier so not a bad pick up.

Dalek

I've had a really shitty run of luck with LTs lately but today I pulled my second Old Man Logan cover. 1/0/1 now. Can't complain about that.

zulux21

I've had a really shitty run of luck with LTs lately but today I pulled my second Old Man Logan cover. 1/0/1 now. Can't complain about that.

im sure you can as I did just the other day as I find 5 stars pointless still :p

can't wait until later this year when we are getting 2 5 stars a month :p

Spoit

At least it wasn't a dupe cover on someone you're still hundreds of thousands of ISO away from championing. I think ther's more worthless covers than usable ones in the legendary tokens for me now

zulux21

At least it wasn't a dupe cover on someone you're still hundreds of thousands of ISO away from championing. I think ther's more worthless covers than usable ones in the legendary tokens for me now

I so far haven't had any 4* plus dupe covers but I do have some landmines to hit at this point.

NineH

I am in the same boat and I am using all my willpower not to open any tokens until I have enough iso to champion my guys since I don't want to throw out a decent 4 star. Of course, the booby prizes I will toss gladly such as IW, Elektra, Star Lord and CHulk.

Spoit

I did it last time, but I've since respecced to 3 purple, so it'll be annoying. Don't have like 300k to champion him either

zulux21

seems like the next characters coming are

Howard the Duck
a new punisher
Green Goblin
Quake(Daisy Johnson)
I can share the leaked info in regards to their moves in 4-5 hours when I get home from work :p

zulux21

alright I have time to do this... gonna be a huge spoiler now and these aren't guaranteed, just located in the game data and should come at some point (aka subject to change.)

Howard The Duck
Duck, Duck, Loose! - When Howard gathers local ducks to the scene, it’s almost impossible to find him! Is he the one with the longer bill? The one with the green head? The one with the suit and tie? Creates %NumTiles Invisibility tiles targeting Howard. At the start of your turn, deal %NumDamage damage for each Duck, Duck, Loose! tile on the board.

Bill of Rights* - Howard has GRIEVANCES and RIGHTS and he lets his opponents know alllll about them! Waugh! So much so that they eventually fall asleep, knocked-out by his never-ending yak attack. Converts up to %NumTiles random enemy Strike, Protect, Attack, Invisibility or Countdown tiles to basic tiles, and stuns the target for %NumStun turns.
*Starts as only Strike/Protect/Attack tiles and 1 turn stun. Becomes multi-turn stun later. Even later targets Invisibility and Countdown

The Quack-Fu One-Two - ??? 19:30 Dan(Ugotsniped) �� A helpful birdie pointed out HtD’s 3rd ability:
Oh, I’m sorry, you’re messing with a MASTER OF QUACK-FU? Then prepare to explain the webbed foot prints on your face to everyone in your office on Monday! Deals %NumDamage damage for each Green tile on the board, then destroys those tiles. (Does not generate AP.
)

The Punisher (MAX???)
Punish - The Punisher exacts vengeance on those he deems guilty of wrongdoing. Deals %NumDamage damage plus %NumExtraDamage damage for every friendly Strike tile on the board. If two allies are Stunned or Downed, this power becomes Army of One.

Army Of One - With no one to get in his way or hold him back, The Punisher becomes a much more efficient fighting machine. Creates %NumTiles strength %NumStrength Strike tiles, then deals %NumDamage damage plus %NumExtraDamage damage for every friendly Strike tile on the board. If any ally is not Stunned or Downed, this power becomes Punish.

Merciless Charge - The Punisher charges into the fray, mercilessly attacking anyone who gets in his way. Stuns allies for 2 turns and deals %NumDamage damage to the enemy team plus %NumExtraDamage for every Downed enemy.

Weapons Expertise - The Punisher’s extensive weapons knowledge ensures he makes the most of his equipment. Creates %NumTiles strength %NumStrength Black Strike tiles. (PASSIVE) Friendly Strike tiles’ strength are increased by %NumPercentInt%

Green Goblin: Norman’s character description: A lab accident granted industrialist Norman Osborn incredible physical prowess but also drove him insane, turning him into the Green Goblin! Pursuing a life of crime, Osborn repeatedly crossed paths with the amazing Spider-Man locking the two in a deadly struggle ever since. Osborn’s diabolical schemes rose him to the rank of Director of H.A.M.M.E.R., but he still occasionally dons his goblin mask, especially when a certain wall-crawling hero shows up.

Goblin Glider - Green Goblin hops off his glider and remote controls its razor sharp wings straight towards his foe. Deals %NumDamage damage, disables this power and creates a %NumTurns-turn Black Countdown tile which re-enables this power

Trick or Treat - Green Goblin cackles as he flings pumpkin bombs at his enemies, the contents of which are certain to be an unpleasant surprise. Creates 3 %NumTurns-turn Countdown tiles of a chosen color. The chosen tile’s color will determine the Countdown tiles’ effect!
19:30 Dan(Ugotsniped) �� Here’s the effects Goblin’s pumpkin bombs will have (still can’t find 3rd ability description though):
Green Goblin’s pumpkin bomb explodes, destroying %NumDestroyed random tiles! (Destroyed tiles do not generate AP.)
Green Goblin’s pumpkin bombs fill the battlefield with razor-sharp shrapnel, creating a strength %SpecialStrength Black Strike tile.
Green Goblin’s pumpkin bomb releases poison gas, draining %NumAP enemy AP from %NumPools random colors!
Green Goblin’s pumpkin bombs lay down a thick smoke screen, creating a strength %SpecialStrength Yellow Protect tile.
Green Goblin’s pumpkin bombs burst into flame, scorching their targets and dealing %NumDamage damage.
Green Goblin’s pumpkin bombs conceal concussive grenades, stunning a random foe for %NumStun turn.19:30 Dan(Ugotsniped) �� And finally found Norman’s damn ability (that’s going to be a pain in PVE):
Osborn uses his maniacal genius to manipulate those around him. Reduce up to %NumCD random friendly Countdown tiles by %One turn. (PASSIVE) At the start of your turn, Shield %NumTiles random friendly Countdown tiles. Shielded tiles must be matched twice to remove them

Quake(Daisy Johnson): Quake’s description: Daisy “Skye” Johnson was a member of the activist group Rising Tide before she became an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. Since that time she’s discovered that her parents were super villains, that she’s an inhuman, and that she can control vibrations, earning her the moniker Quake.

Coordinated Tactics
(PASSIVE) Daisy works quickly and methodically behind the scenes to hack comms systems, gather intelligence, and keep her team out of harm’s way. Reduces damage from enemy powers that affect the whole team by %NumReduction.

Resonance Frequency
Quake emits a high intensity, precision vibration aimed at the enemy’s weakpoint. Select a tile and destroy up to %NumTiles random tiles of that color.

Earthquake
Everything around Quake shakes and trembles as buildings collapse and the earth rips open at her feet. Deals %NumDamage damage to the enemy team and shuffles the gameboard

zulux21

The current iteration of the character in game is the MAXX version. It could be a re-work?

no clue just posting what I see in the spoiler stuff, speaking of which...

Winter Soldier is coming courtesy of @eosguy​ :

Precision Shot - The Winter Soldier fires an expert sniper shot to take out the enemy’s weapons, giving Bucky a chance to strike again. Select two basic tiles. Winter Soldier destroys those tiles, dealing %NumDamage damage and draining %NumAP enemy AP of those colors

Detonator - The Winter Soldier sets a series of boobytrapped explosives. Creates a %NumTurns-turn Blue Countdown tile and %NumTrap random Trap tiles. When the Countdown tile reaches 0, destroy all Winter Soldier’s Trap tiles, dealing %NumDamage damage for each. If an enemy matches the trap tile away, create a strength %AttackStrength Blue Attack tile

Moving Target - The Winter Soldier lobs a grenade towards his opponent and quickly draws his weapon, putting the grenade in his sights. Creates a %NumTurns-turn Red Countdown tile that deals %SmallDamage damage. If you match it away, deal %BigDamage damage instead.

NineH

got Gamora down to 1800 health then she does bad reputation and bam! every match does over 2000 damage. Star Lord just can't match up with her on a 1vs1 battle.

Dalek

I finally beat her boosted and denying red + black over anything else. Got a red Elektra.

Then with the CP from the alliance I was able to get a new Legendary token and got a Deadpool

Spoit

I guess that respec to 355 really helped. Even though it took an extra red cast, I was still able to do it on the first try. Got phoenix, but she's still at the worthless stage

NineH

I noticed that I rarely got any facebook presents recently so I monitored it for the past 3 months. Turns out only 1 guy has sent me anything so I decided to cull through my facebook friends since most of them probably stopped playing. If any of you guys can do the facebook integration, my facebook is http://www.facebook.com/bartholomew.allen.3. I only have 4 friends and will max it at 10 so whomever friends me will likely get stuff everyday.

All those presents I have sent out probably went out to people that don't play anymore so yeah, I would like to share stuff to people that actually still play.

zulux21

I noticed that I rarely got any facebook presents recently so I monitored it for the past 3 months. Turns out only 1 guy has sent me anything so I decided to cull through my facebook friends since most of them probably stopped playing. If any of you guys can do the facebook integration, my facebook is http://www.facebook.com/bartholomew.allen.3. I only have 4 friends and will max it at 10 so whomever friends me will likely get stuff everyday.

All those presents I have sent out probably went out to people that don't play anymore so yeah, I would like to share stuff to people that actually still play.

I wish I could get facebook stuff :(

anyways not a fan of the new randomness to the DDQ.
the longer rounds now give me stuff that match and hit me making the wave things harder to build up the colors I want :/

i mean this amount of mana won't be an issue with the second round at all
:/

hmm wave 2 wasn't a bunch of normal heroes it was more drones.

it was the first time in a while I have had anyone die in the nodes, as the last wave was black panther with 30 black ap >.<

NineH

the revamped ddq was a bit of a shock since i couldn't brainlessly do it. i guess it makes it more interesting but i just want my quick and easy iso.

Sadist

Yeah, I was surprised too. Oh well, I'll try again later.

On the flip side, MPQ noticed it was being mean against me. For two days I only got 2* Torch covers from the DDQ tokens. So today I opened a bunch of tokens (57 1*, 2 DDQ and a daily reward heroic one) and if netted me a bunch of useable two stars, Cage, my first Iron Fist, Vision and the HT gave me my first Jean Grey.

And with my lucky ass I spent 100 coins on the pvp cover section and I got a legendary recruit token pulling my second Xavier cover. Not a bad day at all.

I sent you a request.
The problem with most people is that they add hundreds or thousands of friends, so the chances of it going to you are slim.

zulux21

Yeah, I was surprised too. Oh well, I'll try again later.

On the flip side, MPQ noticed it was being mean against me. For two days I only got 2* Torch covers from the DDQ tokens. So today I opened a bunch of tokens (57 1*, 2 DDQ and a daily reward heroic one) and if netted me a bunch of useable two stars, Cage, my first Iron Fist, Vision and the HT gave me my first Jean Grey.

And with my lucky ass I spent 100 coins on the pvp cover section and I got a legendary recruit token pulling my second Xavier cover. Not a bad day at all.

i also decided to for the heck of it go for the pvp vault and I got 1000 hp.

guess I will try again tomorrow for the heck of it lol.

if I get bored with my HP I guess I could do a full roster again lol.

New DDQ was a surprise but I followed my rule of always ending every wave with a power so I don't run into any surprises, thinking of replacing Magneto with OBW so there's no chance of their ap ever getting out of control.

I am not liking the new DDQ. I'd gotten into a groove with MPQ, playing through DDQ while I had my morning coffee and doing a bit of PVP on the bus. I've pretty much given up PVE or trying to win PVP events (too much of a grind) so DDQ gave me my daily sense of progression, not too easy but still fun and a guaranteed 3* cover. The PVP was for a bit of iso and the random cover or pittance of HP. But if today is how DDQ is going to be going forward... ugh. I cleared it but it felt like a grind. Like the rest of the game.

Ultron drones... f those guys. It took me almost as long to finish that first wave as it did to finish all three waves after that, with the spamming of protect tiles and healing. By the end of the first wave the AI had almost full AP in all colors, so follow that with a second wave of goons means that I endured endless power spam at the start of the third wave. Lucky for me my OBW survived and had enough blue to heal my team back up, but seriously that was not fun.

I don't know what the devs are thinking here. DDQ was the one part of their game that virtually no one complained about... so they had to make it suck.

zulux21

I wonder if I will be able to get a top 10 and get 3 spider gwen covers.

I am sitting at rank 13 after my last clear.

I will get to do one more clear tonight at around 11pm, and then sadly I will only be able to do a quick few matches tomorrow morning before work and then will grind things down to death from 12-4 tomorrow.

you know... not the most exciting team
but does a great job of just staying alive and stealing AP.
you funnel the purple into widow when the enemy has AP, otherwise you can use KK's purple and then use KK to murder with green while repeatedly healing from widow going purple or blue :p

edit: man that was a pain.

3 hours to go i was in 3rd place with a 4k point lead on 10th and 2.5k on 4th thus I stopped grinding.
2 hours to go i was in 3rd place with a 4k point lead on 10th and 2.5k on 4th.
1 hour to go I was in 3rd place with a 3.5k point lead on 10th and a 2.5k on 4th.
30 min to go I was in 5th with a 800 point lead on 10th with none of the original 4-10 there anymore >.<;

i ended up in 8th overall and in 1st in the location with like a 6k point lead >.<;

Spoit

Meh, late join fail. Did a full set of clears, and just barely inside top 100, looking at the leaderboard looks like the bracket is ~refreshes old. Not going to bother

Dalek

I didn't get a chance to play the Deadpool PVE too much this weekend as I was away on a little weekend trip to Lake Tahoe. I started the new PVE today and with my first token I pull a Spider-Gwen! Hiyoooooo

Top Bottom