• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Permanently A

It's the amount of time left until that vault expires. What that means is that right now, the vault is active, and you can see all the covers in it, and when you use the token you will get one of those 80 covers (and more to the point, the other 79 are still left for your next token pull). Once the vault expires, you can still use the token, but it will be from a vault that you cannot see the contents of, and said vault will reset after every pull.

Makes sense, so someone who drops cash can clear out the vault right?

And FWIW, if you have a few max level 2*s, unleveled 3 and 4 stars shouldn't effect your scaling too much. It's 5*s that mess it up

I don't even have one max level 2* lol. Should I start using my 2* tokens? Or my Juggernaut tokens?

Spoit

Makes sense, so someone who drops cash can clear out the vault right?

I don't even have one max level 2* lol. Should I start using my 2* tokens? Or my Juggernaut tokens?

Yeah, you should definitely be using the standards and elites, until your 2* roster is fully stocked. Or at least the good ones, like Ares, storm, and Widow

Dalek

At this point with the DDQ node that gives you 2 Command Points, a different 2* character is required each day-so it's good practice to at least start accumulating all the 2 stars.

Spoit

At this point with the DDQ node that gives you 2 Command Points, a different 2* character is required each day-so it's good practice to at least start accumulating all the 2 stars.

Sure, but at his point, he's going to be HP (read: slots) limited

zulux21

getting the 2 stars isn't hard.
getting all the 3 and 4 stars is gonna be o_O

that being said the sooner you can start a 2 star farm the better :p

Triz

Pulled my third instant trash red Peggy cover with the pvp token. Just give me her other colors dammit. Those are the worst because she is actually a top tier 4 star.

So in today's d3 forum outrage:

They've started to roll out the solution to getting vaulted characters. And... it's an offseason-only Vintage Heroic Token containing all the vaulted 3 and 4 stars (and all the 2 stars), with the same odds as heroic tokens. As you can probably imagine, people are fairly upset because they think this is the only solution they had planned (which they don't unless they're idiots, and I tend to operate on the assumption that people are not idiots until fully proven otherwise). I mean, the token by itself really isn't much, but I'd be shocked if the next step wasn't a Vaulted Classic Legendary store/token of some sort.

I just read about this. Completely insulting.

Here's my thing. If I were mad about vaulting (which I'm not) and if I thought this was all they were planning on doing (which I don't), then I'd be mad too. But think about this for a second. Why would they specifically introduce a Classic Legendary token (which hadn't existed before now, the only way to get Classic Legendaries has always been spending CP directly) and specifically tie it to buying the Vintage Heroic packs if the Classic Legendary is only going to give out the latest 12 4*? That makes almost no sense. If I had to guess, they wanted to roll out the heroics before the legendaries to see what the buy rates are without the carrot of a Vintage Classic Legendary on top.

I don't know how you look at the past what, 3? 4? years and don't think they're a little bit idiotic.

I think they have a tendency to put their foot in their mouth which gets them in trouble with the player base, but that doesn't make them idiotic. More to the point, I think they're really, really conservative with how they give out 4* (and 5*) covers because they worry that giving out too many will decrease the purchase rates on tokens. They know that if they go the wrong way and give out too many, there's absolutely no way they can put that genie back in the bottle, so they progress as slowly as they can in increasing the amount of covers (and CP) they give out, knowing that if it ends up not being enough they can always just keep adding a little bit until the player base stops revolting.

Then again, I also think the players tend to make mountains out of molehills on occasion as well.

Spoit

Regardless, I'm sure that whatever final solution they do decide to implement will be stingy and/or diluted as shit (probably 'and'), and make everyone unhappy.

Regardless, I'm sure that whatever final solution they do decide to implement will be stingy and/or diluted as shit (probably 'and'), and make everyone unhappy.

Well, there's no way to solve this dilemma without bringing back dilution (I mean, there is one way, but there's no way they're going to increase the drop rate on bonus heroes as the solution).

zulux21

Well, there's no way to solve this dilemma without bringing back dilution (I mean, there is one way, but there's no way they're going to increase the drop rate on bonus heroes as the solution).

actually there are a few ways to do this.

merely add another classics legends store called vintage or something that contains only the vaulted characters for 20CP

as for the 3 stars, it was never a big deal since you get so many anyways, but perhaps make the standards and heroics go back to everyone and make elite strictly the newest 20.

personally while it's a bit annoying that I am getting more 4* dupes right now due to gwenpool loving me but not in the right colors, it's also nice that I am able to quickly build up the new characters.

the 4* I champ first will likely be either medusa or captain marvel after I get enough covers, something I don't know if I would be able to do by the end of 2018 under the old system.

but this new offseason HP based vault that will likely just give you 2* is just dumb.

actually there are a few ways to do this.

merely add another classics legends store called vintage or something that contains only the vaulted characters for 20CP

as for the 3 stars, it was never a big deal since you get so many anyways, but perhaps make the standards and heroics go back to everyone and make elite strictly the newest 20.

Vintage classics store would have the same dilution problem that we had before (or to be more specific, the same dilution problem we had 12 4* ago).

zulux21

Vintage classics store would have the same dilution problem that we had before (or to be more specific, the same dilution problem we had 12 4* ago).

it absolutely would but it would give the people who want access to them access, and bonus heroes would still help.

I would just pull from the classics as I want the newer heroes with better odds to build them. but why not have a choice for people who want to try their luck with older heroes?

they could work on a better solution after the fact, but that would be a simple to implement solution that would basically make all of the issues go away for now *shrugs*

it absolutely would but it would give the people who want access to them access, and bonus heroes would still help.

I would just pull from the classics as I want the newer heroes with better odds to build them. but why not have a choice for people who want to try their luck with older heroes?

they could work on a better solution after the fact, but that would be a simple to implement solution that would basically make all of the issues go away for now *shrugs*

I agree, they're just rolling out said solution very slowly because either their afraid of screwing something up or they think it'll interfere with something else they're planning on rolling out (for example, for those unaware, one of the devs has basically said that they're planning on changing difficulty in PvE to be based on Clearance Level instead of based on your specific roster).

zulux21

I agree, they're just rolling out said solution very slowly because either their afraid of screwing something up or they think it'll interfere with something else they're planning on rolling out (for example, for those unaware, one of the devs has basically said that they're planning on changing difficulty in PvE to be based on Clearance Level instead of based on your specific roster).

i can get wanting to be careful.

especially since if you are to generous and try to take it back the fanbase will go crazy.

but I really don't get why a temp solution of creating a new token that works like things used to is a big deal until other systems get in place.

but yeah... they also need to fix other things.

daily log ins totally need to be reworked again. they are alright for the current players but the meta has moved so far from the starting point that the first 750 or so days at this point are pointless.

they also need to introduce a real shield clearance level 8 as the one we have is a complete joke.

So I just got my 13th 4* Cyclops cover as a daily rewrd but it's for a color I already have maxed.

Am I to understand that going forward the only way for me to get another color (in order to champ, and not waste the one I was rewarded with) is to spend 120 CP?

I agree with everybody else...basically stopping players' 4* progress in their tracks is an insult.

Dalek

So I just got my 13th 4* Cyclops cover as a daily rewrd but it's for a color I already have maxed.

Am I to understand that going forward the only way for me to get another color (in order to champ, and not waste the one I was rewarded with) is to spend 120 CP?

I agree with everybody else...basically stopping players' 4* progress in their tracks is an insult.

It really is. I have a handful of 4 stars that are going to be impossible to cover now:

Venom, Kate Bishop, Winter Soldier, Moon Knight, War Machine

And I have Drax and Punisher fully covered -but getting a cover to apply for their Championing is nearly impossible.

You set him as your only bonus hero, and then you will be able to get more covers for him. Whether it'll happen in the next 2 weeks, or be the correct cover, is up to RNG. I said it before, but the idea that they stopped 4* progress is wrong. They just made it serial instead of parallel. Faster to cover a few, slower to cover everyone.

I've got about 10 4*s that are within 1-2 covers of full coverage and none of them are part of the available list. Sounds like this is how they are managing the recent influx of additional CP they gave people. Brutal.

zulux21

I've got about 10 4*s that are within 1-2 covers of full coverage and none of them are part of the available list. Sounds like this is how they are managing the recent influx of additional CP they gave people. Brutal.

save up your tacos, when they are up for their clash spend your tacos until you get their cover?

Triz

Guys, this is one of those MPQ moments Im going to share with you.

My Drax has been 5/5/0 for about a 10 months. I couldn't begin to tell you how many covers have been trashed. Today I get the PVE token for the Hulk Vault and I pulled the Red Drax cover from it on the first pull. Thats just amazing!

Edit* Then I get depressed knowing the only way he will ever be done is to spend 240 CP. Feels bad man.

zulux21

Guys, this is one of those MPQ moments Im going to share with you.

My Drax has been 5/5/0 for about a 10 months. I couldn't begin to tell you how many covers have been trashed. Today I get the PVE token for the Hulk Vault and I pulled the Red Drax cover from it on the first pull. Thats just amazing!

Edit* Then I get depressed knowing the only way he will ever be done is to spend 240 CP. Feels bad man.

you realize you can still get him from placement, and from progression, and from vaults, and from tacos, and from bonus heroes.

i mean it's not a great situation but it's not like you won't ever finish him :p

i mean the really shitty part to the whole situation is the simple fact that the new deadpool daily almost exclusively uses vaulted 4 stars for the CP round which means anyone that didn't already have a large roster of 4* is not only locked out of 2CP per day but a taco every day as well.

you realize you can still get him from placement, and from progression, and from vaults, and from tacos, and from bonus heroes.

i mean it's not a great situation but it's not like you won't ever finish him :p

i mean the really shitty part to the whole situation is the simple fact that the new deadpool daily almost exclusively uses vaulted 4 stars for the CP round which means anyone that didn't already have a large roster of 4* is not only locked out of 2CP per day but a taco every day as well.

You've basically hit on my biggest problem with this whole debate. Which is that there are valid arguments to be made against the current system, but most people aren't making them, they're just having knee-jerk reaction of "I don't want to build the 12 newest characters, I want to build Iceman and Teen Jean and Rulk instead". Ignoring the fact that, statistically speaking, you can still do that, and depending on how many characters you want to do, you can do it faster now than you could then.

Not to pick on you, Palacebrother, but you say you have 10 4* that are 1-2 covers away. Let's say half of those are 1 cover away, and half are 2. So you need 15 covers. If ignore the color of the covers, and ignore any covers you might get from any other sources (progressions, PvE vaults, tacos), you will, on average, get those covers with 300 pulls in bonus heroes. Do you want to know how many pulls it would take on average before to get those covers from just legendaries? It'd be more than 300, trust me. Now, there's a legitimate issue of what those other covers were doing before now (they're going to be going to less characters now, so you're more likely to be throwing away covers than you were before), which leads to a legitimate ISO gripe (you're fully covering characters faster than before, so the ISO needs have gone up since you're more likely to need to champ characters), but just the basic issue of how fast you can build your old characters isn't the right argument to be having.

Triz

Ill counter with this: The grind to 900 points in PVP is fucked for rosters like mine. I have no 5 stars leveled but always from 700 on Im going against 5 star whales, so Progression tokens are almost always out of reach. (I did get it at the beginning of the season when the dead pool event was broken and I was facing 3 star teams.)

Vaults: which as we all know getting the one 4 star you need out of 80-300 pulls, a waste of HP.

Bonus heroes is the only realistic option, and It is viable. But I have many other characters who take priority. I don't know about you guys but I opened at least 10 CP pulls before I started my pull hiatus and I didn't get a single 4 star bonus. Ive only had 3 stars. EDIT* I have pulled 1 bonus cover at 4 star tier and it was of course a color on the character that was maxed.

I don't care that they vaulted the old characters, but spending a year waiting on a color that I was never able to pull (and in turn unable to level up with CP if I chose to) is a slap in the face when they pull the most realistic measure of acquisition from the user. Guess what Im saying is I still prefer the old style of a chance to get everyone for a pull. Mostly Because I don't have the ISO available to just massive dump into the newest characters when you have 10 covers for them.

zulux21

Ill counter with this: The grind to 900 points in PVP is fucked for rosters like mine. I have no 5 stars leveled but always from 700 on Im going against 5 star whales, so Progression tokens are almost always out of reach. (I did get it at the beginning of the season when the dead pool event was broken and I was facing 3 star teams.)

Vaults: which as we all know getting the one 4 star you need out of 80-300 pulls, a waste of HP.

Bonus heroes is the only realistic option, and It is viable. But I have many other characters who take priority. I don't know about you guys but I opened at least 10 CP pulls before I started my pull hiatus and I didn't get a single 4 star bonus. Ive only had 3 stars. EDIT* I have pulled 1 bonus cover at 4 star tier and it was of course a color on the character that was maxed.

I don't care that they vaulted the old characters, but spending a year waiting on a color that I was never able to pull (and in turn unable to level up with CP if I chose to) is a slap in the face when they pull the most realistic measure of acquisition from the user. Guess what Im saying is I still prefer the old style of a chance to get everyone for a pull. Mostly Because I don't have the ISO available to just massive dump into the newest characters when you have 10 covers for them.

to be fair I was talking about PVE not PVP because PVP is garbage in general :p

beyond that though at least you have a chance to build up the new characters now. I mean under the old system if you needed a certain color cover you were looking at what 1 in 130 odds. which makes the vault with 80 slots in it at least much better odds of it happening :p

don't get me wrong the current situation isn't great, and their current solution is also terrible, but eventually they will realize they need to stop treating 4* like super rare prizes and actually start giving them out more, and when they do it will likely involve all the vaulted ones.

Dispatch

So, the first two star tournament features Bag-Man?

x90EaYN.gif

zulux21

So, the first two star tournament features Bag-Man?

x90EaYN.gif

first off it's an april fools tourney.

second off if you are crazy enough to recruit and raise him he is also the only 2 star that gives a legendary token at 144 :p (unless they changed that)

either way on the off chance their DDQ 2/3/4 node requires him at some point as a joke I rostered him so I don't have issues building him a bit.

Dispatch

first off it's an april fools tourney.

second off if you are crazy enough to recruit and raise him he is also the only 2 star that gives a legendary token at 144 :p (unless they changed that)

either way on the off chance their DDQ 2/3/4 node requires him at some point as a joke I rostered him so I don't have issues building him a bit.

Well, it's embarrassing that I fell for it.

Permanently A

Holy fucking shit I don't know what happened but I just got 6 3*'s from like 10 standard tokens. Each 3* had a bonus char. I got two Strange, two thanos Spiderman and Luke cage

Holy fucking shit I don't know what happened but I just got 6 3*'s from like 10 standard tokens. Each 3* had a bonus char. I got two Strange, two thanos Spiderman and Luke cage

That's how bonus heroes work for standards in general. If you pull a 3* from a standard, you're guaranteed to get a bonus hero. Though 3 of then from 10 tokens is pretty nice.

Triz

*New player bait.
They give you better pulls at the start to keep you hooked

Triz

Pulled a 14th cover for 4* Blade with a Heroic Token. The race to 270 has begun. I had him at 188 and dumped 150k ISO into just now so he's at 240 something. 111k more to champ.

Spoit

Yeah, 2 days left, and I don't think I'll get that 14th CM cover to champ her. I guess maybe I should just spend the ISO on these 2 flaptain covers? Though, I'm not really that impressed with him.

Yeah, 2 days left, and I don't think I'll get that 14th CM cover to champ her. I guess maybe I should just spend the ISO on these 2 flaptain covers? Though, I'm not really that impressed with him.

I wouldn't. Just save it until the next person comes along. It's not like you're going to get another FalCap cover anytime soon, right?

Why not champ her anyway? That way you can respec if you want. She is a good character so I'd use her. Unless you mean you still need a different color to reach 13.

Probably not? Isn't he rotated out? And one of them is the 3* champ reward

Yeah, he's rotated out. And since he was just rewarded in PvE during the last Venom Bomb run (I'm assuming where your second cover came from), he's not due to come up there anytime soon.

Triz

What's your highest 3* champ level? I just realized my Black Widow is going to hit 227 and get her 2nd legendary token.

What's your highest 3* champ level? I just realized my Black Widow is going to hit 227 and get her 2nd legendary token.

Mags is my only bonus because he gets me my 13th Professor X cover at 223. No Thanos or Strange because they're both going to give me 4* covers I can't use at 183. Once Mags is done I'll probably switch to Hawkguy as well.

Spoit

Yeah, I wish I could favorite strange, but his 183 is the only cover my like 1/5/1 nova has maxed. And who knows when I'll get the rest of those, maybe in like 2-3 more years at this rate

Top Bottom