• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Dalek

Thanks to Spoit for the Deadpool team up. I was able to use it to hit 900 right in the nick of time and get that Iron Fist cover.

Triz

I gave you guys 3 cp, stupid Bag Man vault of all things made my drunk ass buy HP.

edit* but i pulled the yellow Bagman with a 10 pack = success.

zulux21

I gave you guys 3 cp, stupid Bag Man vault of all things made my drunk ass buy HP.

ooh that is enough to get me over 20 again... so I will at least thank you by sharing what I get with my pull.

i4rM4i.png

also....

so yeah... that was a good cover for me.

I suppose at some point I should actually start championing 4* even if it will make my scaling a bit worse
I could champ the following 4* if I wanted to
peggy carter
cyclops
quake
x-23
ant man
wolverine
ice man
sam wilson
devil dino
miles morales

and I have two 4/4/4 which means their next cover would let them champ no matter what it is in carnage and venom (eddie brock)

I am far more tempted to champ some of the heroes still in the rotation, but if I recall right peggy will leave once iron fist officially joins the rotation. thus I might continue to just wait until medusa or captain marvel are built up more as both have powers I would likely switch based on who I am facing while most of the others have one set ideal layout to me 99% of the time.

edit* but i pulled the yellow Bagman with a 10 pack = success.

Thank you, and I'm glad you got what you were looking for.

Edit: It also helped me get to 20CP, and I pulled a Carol black (4/2/3 now).

Dalek

Pulled a Medusa-but it was a duplicate for a color I had fully covered. BUT-I pulled my first bonus 4 star for Venom who is now fully covered.

Gwenpool Championed today.

Ok who's next to max out-Blade or Spider-Woman?

zulux21

Pulled a Medusa-but it was a duplicate for a color I had fully covered. BUT-I pulled my first bonus 4 star for Venom who is now fully covered.

Gwenpool Championed today.

Ok who's next to max out-Blade or Spider-Woman?

who should I champ between the guy who drops big strike tiles and then gets a free human torch green move after I meet a threshold that does good damage and combos with the strike damage, who also has a decent AOE attack (that plays nicely with strike tiles) and potentially heals him... and has some black move that is boring

and a girl who... spends ap to defend instead of kill, has an alright purple move but is trap based so isn't guaranteed to hit anything. and has a red move that will take so long to build up AP that blade will have someone dead before she could even fire the move off. (I mean it's not horrible but 14ap for a single target movie isn't great)

ooh that is enough to get me over 20 again... so I will at least thank you by sharing what I get with my pull.

also....

so yeah... that was a good cover for me.

I suppose at some point I should actually start championing 4* even if it will make my scaling a bit worse
I could champ the following 4* if I wanted to
peggy carter
cyclops
quake
x-23
ant man
wolverine
ice man
sam wilson
devil dino
miles morales

and I have two 4/4/4 which means their next cover would let them champ no matter what it is in carnage and venom (eddie brock)

I am far more tempted to champ some of the heroes still in the rotation, but if I recall right peggy will leave once iron fist officially joins the rotation. thus I might continue to just wait until medusa or captain marvel are built up more as both have powers I would likely switch based on who I am facing while most of the others have one set ideal layout to me 99% of the time.

If I had the ISO and I were you, I'd champ Peggy, Cyc, Bobby and Quake right now (all 4 play well with IM40 as well) and between those four you should be able to handle pretty much anything the game would throw at you scaling wise. And the scaling honestly isn't that bad, by the way. I just champed my 9th 4* (Luke Cage), and the hardest node tops out at about 310-315 or so, which is still pretty manageable even using boosted 3*.

Triz

Not even going to take my 10 cover level 70 WS against BP. Need 30k more ISO to finish Blade off with a cover burning.

zulux21

If I had the ISO and I were you, I'd champ Peggy, Cyc, Bobby and Quake right now (all 4 play well with IM40 as well) and between those four you should be able to handle pretty much anything the game would throw at you scaling wise. And the scaling honestly isn't that bad, by the way. I just champed my 9th 4* (Luke Cage), and the hardest node tops out at about 310-315 or so, which is still pretty manageable even using boosted 3*.

I only have the iso to champ one of them.
though on the flip side I do have the iso to basically bring every one of my 4 stars up to level 175 or so. *shrugs*

I mean i can still use all of those characters as is.
plus I kind of want to hit 1 million iso for the fun of it :p

was able to beat BP with
but it got dangerous a few times.
the color match up on this one is not nice as you can't let panther get yellow and black and those don't do anything for bucky.

also I don't use bucky, but it's really dumb that at max level his purple move still can only target basic tiles.

Dalek

I only have the iso to champ one of them.
though on the flip side I do have the iso to basically bring every one of my 4 stars up to level 175 or so. *shrugs*

I mean i can still use all of those characters as is.
plus I kind of want to hit 1 million iso for the fun of it :p

was able to beat BP with

but it got dangerous a few times.
the color match up on this one is not nice as you can't let panther get yellow and black and those don't do anything for bucky.

also I don't use bucky, but it's really dumb that at max level his purple move still can only target basic tiles.

Bucky needs to be reworked-he's not very good at all, sadly.

Took me about 4 tries with my 3/2/2 lvl 147 Bucky. It really came down to being super careful with his purple to try and manage BP's yellow & black pools as they increased.

Spoit

I got a 5* hawkguy from the clash, so that's cool. One more chance to pull a CM, before this cover expires. I'm getting another LT for today's login reward, so we shall see. Maybe I can try to push up to the 575 on the pvp for another pull too

Triz

Hit the 10 CP threshold in the Bagman Event becuase I was close. Looks like Ill score a top 25 and get 3 more overs.

I know its silly.

zulux21

so it sounds like there might be a nerf coming in the upcoming balances.
the social video they put out has the forum thinking that at least.

seems like 3 star iron man might be a good target. wouldn't be surprised if recharge is moving up to an 8 or 9 costing move.

other top canidates are OML and captain marvel it sounds like.

either way you might want to hold on leveling up anyone until the balance for the season is announced if you can hold off :p./

Currently sitting at 827 (10th place) in the Bagman PvP. Debating whether to go for 900 and the 8000 ISO that's there. I think I'm gonna go for it.

Edit: Won a 30 point match and ended up at 770. That'll teach me to reach for the stars.

Spoit

Yeah, looking at my top 20, it looks like there's a point wasteland above 700. Don't think I'm going to bother.

Still waffling if I should champ falcap or not. I have a week to decide

Yeah, looking at my top 20, it looks like there's a point wasteland above 700. Don't think I'm going to bother.

Still waffling if I should champ falcap or not. I have a week to decide

I wanted to make sure I got the 3 Bagman covers, and I did without being hit, so I was like maybe if I can just keep going at hit 900. Nope. Especially since we're right around 8 hours left in my slice, so I imagine there's some people shield hopping right about now.

Triz

Blade is complete and that makes my 18th 4 Star championed. I can still remember Wolverine being my only champed 4 star.

Dalek

Yeah I just read that. Too bad I'll never know the glory of having a fully functional OML in his glory days.

That's a crazy statistic that 10% of all won battles have OML on the team.

zulux21

Yeah I just read that. Too bad I'll never know the glory of having a fully functional OML in his glory days.

That's a crazy statistic that 10% of all won battles have OML on the team.

shouldn't be that surprising.

if you have a single yellow OML cover you likely use him for any trivial node to just absorb damage.

I won't get mad yet, but it's almost a given that he is going to lose his regen. it will likely become an active move like xforce without any increase to his HP which alone would take him from being one of the best characters to a very poor character as his black move really isn't that impressive, just combos will with iron fist and allows you to absorb a lot of damage due to his regen.

cloak and dagger confirmed

ill actually post images and thoughts after I finish eating lunch :p

they seem nifty, will need the final numbers first but it looks like they can heal, they can generate yellow and black, can take care of special tiles, do AOE damage if there aren't any, do damage in general ect. Oh and they can also lower enemy power levels by up to 2 to a min 1 and create tiles

aka they seem to be a character that can kind of do it all... thus it will all come down to the numbers if they are good.

zulux21

Too bad about OML. He's one of my best characters.

funny part is he is quickly being power creeped out of the meta just like 3* was but alas they need to nerf him because people below the 5* meta use him to save on health packs and that hurts their bottom line.

they are sadly likely right that nerfing OML will increase health pack sales enough to offset anyone that leaves over it.

Spoit

I mean, sure he regened fairly quickly. But honestly? for 90% of those applications, I could just throw any 5* in there to do the match damage quickly, and it'd be basically the same thing. It's just that he's actually leveled, and marginally covered, so he does it better.

If I had someone like BB at a similar level of development, I'd use him instead, in a heart beat.

But yeah, D3's record with nerfs is...pretty bad. I expect him to be pretty much worthless afterwards, just like Xfarce, sentry, and rags. The only successful nerfs they did was cmags and thor.

And yeah, some ISO and HP really isn't adequate compensation for selling him

zulux21

I mean, sure he regened fairly quickly. But honestly? for 90% of those applications, I could just throw any 5* in there to do the match damage quickly, and it'd be basically the same thing. It's just that he's actually leveled, and marginally covered, so he does it better.

If I had someone like BB at a similar level of development, I'd use him instead, in a heart beat.

But yeah, D3's record with nerfs is...pretty bad. I expect him to be pretty much worthless afterwards, just like Xfarce, sentry, and rags. The only successful nerfs they did was cmags and thor.

yeah the thing is last I checked there are a number of 5* considered better than OML.

ideally this is just a cash grab instead of the second coming of the nerf waves that took basically any character over a year old that was useful and nerfed them into needing to get a newer character to use like they did back when 3* were the meta :/

really they could likely fix most of their worries by shifting a lot of the goodness of him towards later covers, aka only heal like 100 per team mate at 1 cover, 150 at 2, 200 at 3, 250 at 4 and 394 like it currently is at 5.

Triz

With Blade done I cashed in my 5 legendary tokens.

5* red Black Panther (was the only 5* I didn't have yet)
RiRi Green
RiRi Blue
Cage Yellow (gave me champ legendary token) and was a bonus which gave:
Blue Peggy
And with the Legendary champ token I pulled purple Medusa.

RiRi is sitting 4/4/4 which Is the best outcome I guess, sucks she is terrible.

yeah the thing is last I checked there are a number of 5* considered better than OML.

ideally this is just a cash grab instead of the second coming of the nerf waves that took basically any character over a year old that was useful and nerfed them into needing to get a newer character to use like they did back when 3* were the meta :/

really they could likely fix most of their worries by shifting a lot of the goodness of him towards later covers, aka only heal like 100 per team mate at 1 cover, 150 at 2, 200 at 3, 250 at 4 and 394 like it currently is at 5.

Even 100 per team mate means he basically heals any match 3 damage outside of other 5 stars. It wouldn't really stop most of his use cases outside of fighting level 350+ or other 5 star enemies (and most of his use/win rate is because of how great he is when it comes to fighting low/mid level enemies, not necessarily high level). Now my interesting question (that I probably already know the answer to) is if they're going to nerf his heal, then are they going to change his Red in response to that?

Spoit

Even 100 per team mate means he basically heals any match 3 damage outside of other 5 stars. It wouldn't really stop most of his use cases outside of fighting level 350+ or other 5 star enemies (and most of his use/win rate is because of how great he is when it comes to fighting low/mid level enemies, not necessarily high level). Now my interesting question (that I probably already know the answer to) is if they're going to nerf his heal, then are they going to change his Red in response to that?

Yeah, I'm sure they'll neuter that as well. Even Xfarce's somewhat mediocre yellow didn't escape the nerfbat

What do you guys mean by "championing"?

I just started the game recently and reading this thread may as well be Latin lol.

There is a max level you can reach using ISO for each star level (2 stars is 94, 3 stars is 166, 4 stars is 270, 5 stars is 450). Once you get the character to that level, you can pay a fee and Champion the character, and afterwards you apply extra covers to increase the character's level.

There is a max level you can reach using ISO for each star level (2 stars is 94, 3 stars is 166, 4 stars is 270, 5 stars is 450). Once you get the character to that level, you can pay a fee and Champion the character, and afterwards you apply extra covers to increase the character's level.

I see. Thanks! I'm way too early in the game to worry about that.

So I earn my first Vintage Heroic token in Divine Champions and I open it, and it's a 4 star (Yay!). And it's Kingpin, who I already have champed (boo). Sometimes my luck annoys me.

MiTYH

Oh, they're gonna nerf OML? BRB, got to do a champ pull because I'm sure I'll finally get him now

Also, quick question- Mordo blue or Agent Venom yellow, who's worth it to roster?

Spoit

So I earn my first Vintage Heroic token in Divine Champions and I open it, and it's a 4 star (Yay!). And it's Kingpin, who I already have champed (boo). Sometimes my luck annoys me.
Could be worse. Could be a character you need, but a color you already have maxed. (I'm never going to finish my 0/5/0 x23, am I?)
Oh, they're gonna nerf OML? BRB, got to do a champ pull because I'm sure I'll finally get him now

Also, quick question- Mordo blue or Agent Venom yellow, who's worth it to roster?

I dunno about mordo, but both venoms are fairly marginal. Regardless, neither will be useful at low covers

Dalek

Oh damn, Taco Token nerf (IMO) too.

https://d3publisher.helpshift.com/a...4-04-2017&f=ddq-store-updates-04-05-2017&l=en

Biggest changes:
Hoarded tokens don't carry over
HP has been removed
4-stars removed
3-star chances for bonus heroes

What in the actual fuck
Why would they remove 4 stars from the vault? That's like the only thing I hope of getting!

So let's recap.

Vaulting old heroes.
Low drop rates for bonus heroes.
nerf to OML.
Now taco tokens are practically worthless.

Triz

Making another redemption useless? But Why? I have no use for any 2 star or 3 stars at this point. Why take away the outrageously slim chance to pull 3/300 4 star or Legendary token to get a 4 star?

That literally makes no fucking sense.

Edit: are they removing Hero Points or Health packs?

zulux21

Oh damn, Taco Token nerf (IMO) too.

https://d3publisher.helpshift.com/a...4-04-2017&f=ddq-store-updates-04-05-2017&l=en

Biggest changes:
Hoarded tokens don't carry over
HP has been removed
4-stars removed
3-star chances for bonus heroes

I can't follow the link but I need confirmation about hoarding and hp... if that is true then I guess I need to pull what I have now and hopefully I don't lose my 50 plus hoarded tokens right now.

also I will be posting cloak and dagger images soon since they are up in game.

the dagger side is on top each time.

either way the characters look like they could be fun.
default dagger mode looks decent as she would generate black, have an decent AOE and place attack tiles.

though if you need healing switching to the otherside works well and his power reduction could neuter a few characters.

should be an interesting character.

edit: I can't follow the link about tacos because they pulled it and are rethinking it.
https://imgur.com/a/evSF3

I also saw the original announcement
https://i.imgur.com/ifgNNIE.png

meaning while I was saving up to pull in the hawkguy vault as well as a 4* I wanted I guess I should use them now for HP... well I guess I have a bit of time to wait and see what happens but I doubt they are going to stop their shift.

zulux21

Power Gem Season Updates (04/06/2017)
The Power Gem Season will be adding Iron Fist (Danny Rand) and Hawkeye (Hawkguy) to packs and Peggy Carter (Captain America) and Loki (Dark Reign) will be leaving packs.

Elektra (Unkillable) Update:

Double-Double Cross
The power now targets strike and attack tiles at power level three, and also targets protect tiles at power level 5. Converts stolen tiles into friendly Strike tiles.

Shadow Step
No Change

Ballet of Death
Trap tiles are created on Red, Black, or Purple tiles. The trap tile created by this power now steals Purple AP as well as damaging the enemy. At power level three, the Trap tile also steals Black AP. At power level five, the power steals Purple, Black, and Red AP as well as damage the enemy.

should be a decent upgrade to her.

Carnage (Cletus Kassidy) Update:

Symbiote Scythes
Symbiote Scythes only does single target damage to the enemy. When the team has over 10 Red AP, it does AoE damage to everyone.

Alien Instincts
This is no longer a Passive power. The power costs 5 Black AP and creates two friendly and two enemy Attack tiles. For every downed character, the power creates an additional friendly and enemy Attack tile.

Carnage Rules
The power now costs eight Green AP (instead of eleven).

I feel like turning alien instincts into an active power effectively makes this a nerf o_O

Wolverine (Old Man Logan) Update:

Living Legend
The strength of the Strike tiles has been made weaker (more so at lower levels of the power).

Die Hard
The healing is reduced and the power now only counts other allies when calculating how much health to restore.

Reluctant Hero
No Change

Still Sharp
Base damage reduced.

Old Habits
The cost of the power is reduced to 6 Yellow AP. The damage is reduced to compensate the change in cost.

Finish the Fight
No Change

No More Guns Cover Store

This is a special cover store that contains all 5-Stars except Wolverine (Old Man Logan). Tokens are given to this store when you sell a rostered Wolverine (Old Man Logan). Players will receive Iso-8 and one No More Guns token at level 270, and an additional token for each 30 levels. Every 2 Champion levels will also give an additional token. These tokens are the only way to access this Cover store.

without the final numbers it will be hard to say for sure, but OML is clearly going to suck now.

I am slightly tempted to build my OML to 360 so that I get 4 5* tokens, but I am not sure if that would be worth the 222k iso... it will depend on how the sell rate for iso and hp is as well.

I'm not really sure pulling 4 5* will make any of them useable even if I picked up 4 of the same 5*

https://d3publisher.helpshift.com/a...17&f=power-gem-season-updates-04-06-2017&l=en

but yeah there you go, two nerfs, and on buff that likely isn't enough to make elektra great, but it would also depend on how much AP she steals and what not.

Top Bottom