• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

zulux21

If I were them I wouldn't even put them back up. I'm sure everyone is fuming and ready to scream.

to be fair I am at least happy that OML still seems to have a passive healing. I was worried it was gonna turn into an active one or one more like x23.

but yeah I expect the healing to be something along the lines of 50/100/150/200/250 especially since it only counts his allies now. but again we shall see. the black having the damage reduced isn't a big deal though, I always tried to avoid it's active half.

and I still need a red cover for him.

I still might need to change my favorited one though. likely to black bolt. maybe thanos... but i mean I would need to get really lucky with thanos to make him better than the 3 star version.

Dalek

I stupidly wasn't thinking-and just blindly applied a Rocket/Groot cover to my champion and I got a Drax out of it. If I had looked first I would have waited 14 days for the cover to expire before applying it-so I would have 28 days to level Drax up. He's level 170 now so I should be ok-but still. Drax is fully covered-so this would be my Legendary Token reward if I champion him. The race to 270 starts anew and Blade is paused for now.

Spoit

I stupidly wasn't thinking-and just blindly applied a Rocket/Groot cover to my champion and I got a Drax out of it. If I had looked first I would have waited 14 days for the cover to expire before applying it-so I would have 28 days to level Drax up. He's level 170 now so I should be ok-but still. Drax is fully covered-so this would be my Legendary Token reward if I champion him. The race to 270 starts anew and Blade is paused for now.

Yeah, once I get this last CM cover, I think I'm going back into hoard mode until I have enough ISO to level a 4* from scratch-ish.

NineH

yup had to get the info from another site.

I am assuming carnage was changed so that he wouldn't spam as many tiles that are easy targets for someone like medusa.

I am more annoyed at the Carnage nerf than the OML nerf oddly enough. RIP Carnage/Medusa/Mr Fantastic team.

I am more annoyed at the Carnage nerf than the OML nerf oddly enough. RIP Carnage/Medusa/Mr Fantastic team.

Yeah. The change to Carnage feels similar to the change they made to Devil Dino during anniversary, in that while it may make him a more well rounded character, it takes away the specialized role that he was filling fairly well (special tile spammer extraordinaire).

zulux21

Yeah. The change to Carnage feels similar to the change they made to Devil Dino during anniversary, in that while it may make him a more well rounded character, it takes away the specialized role that he was filling fairly well (special tile spammer extraordinaire).

at least it feels like they tried to round out carnage to some degree even if it feels like an overall nerf.

dino was just an outright nerf.
not that I can blame them for not wanting a 1AP active move when partnered with starlord.

that being said I think a dancing dino team being one of the strongest teams when paired with someone that triggers off activating powers filled it out would have been amazing.

Triz

Dumped ISO into Bucky to take him to 125. Beat Panther and pulled a yellow Wasp with the token.helps that I have 5 in his red and if matched the tile deals 11k damage.

zulux21

so yeah carnage for sure got nerfed after the numbers

OML doesn't seem that horrible

I mean he is going to be garbage in the 5* realm but outside of it he should still be fine.

his strike tiles got reduced by like 30%
and his healing is as follows now

B0eCgE5.png

which since it no longer counts him means it's at least a 33% reduction in healing with is crappy, but should still be enough to be a damage soak on trivial nodes and with thanos on bot rosters ect.

I mean the whole change is still garbage but it could be worse... still completely usable in most of the cases I use him.

http://forums.d3go.com/discussion/63003/power-gem-season-updates-updated-4-6-17

Triz

Hawkeye up for Bonus Heroes. I turn my others off to get the 2 covers I need to finish him off. Pull a 3 star Bonus get Hawkeye. Blue cover that I have maxed...of course.

edit* Pulled another bonus with a standard token that was purple, so I spent 20 CP for the other cover. (Even though I know I could just pull it with a bonus.) Ill have him champed tomorrow and be back to all 3 stars champed.

Oh and I have every node green checked with about 11 hours to go in the new PVE, and the guy in first place ahead of me has 1k more points than I do. SO how many times has he ran nodes for 1 point at a time. My mind is blown.

Hawkeye up for Bonus Heroes. I turn my others off to get the 2 covers I need to finish him off. Pull a 3 star Bonus get Hawkeye. Blue cover that I have maxed...of course.

edit* Pulled another bonus with a standard token that was purple, so I spent 20 CP for the other cover. (Even though I know I could just pull it with a bonus.) Ill have him champed tomorrow and be back to all 3 stars champed.

Oh and I have every node green checked with about 11 hours to go in the new PVE, and the guy in first place ahead of me has 1k more points than I do. SO how many times has he ran nodes for 1 point at a time. My mind is blown.

I'm a little surprised that Hawkeye isn't the main 3* reward for Shield Sim, seeing that both Thanos and Strange were the season after they were introduced.

Trying to decide if it would be worth trading in my OML for 3 other covers in the store.

I've been debating it (since it's basically the one time in the game I'll be able to spend ISO directly for 5* covers), but he's still valuable enough at what I use him for that I want to keep him.

zulux21

I've been debating it (since it's basically the one time in the game I'll be able to spend ISO directly for 5* covers), but he's still valuable enough at what I use him for that I want to keep him.

he will still absorb plenty of damage in the trivial nodes thus i will keep mine.

I will need to come up with a new one two punch for required character nodes though as my go to of iron fist and OML might be a bit to neutered until I finally pull a red for him.

Spoit

he will still absorb plenty of damage in the trivial nodes thus i will keep mine.

I will need to come up with a new one two punch for required character nodes though as my go to of iron fist and OML might be a bit to neutered until I finally pull a red for him.

Could always go back to the old standby of fist/HB

The fun question for me is, if I pull a cover for him this season, do I apply it to my 1/2/1 OML (that cover spread is more than good enough for tanking purposes) or do I immediately roster/sell it for the (possible) ISO/HP and the re-roll?

zulux21

Could always go back to the old standby of fist/HB

I plan to eventually, but my hulkbuster only has 2 black covers.

if I ever get that last black cover I will likely champ him just to change him, but I have to wait for him to be a reward as i don't want to bonus hero a character that is 5/2/5

Spoit

I plan to eventually, but my hulkbuster only has 2 black covers.

if I ever get that last black cover I will likely champ him just to change him, but I have to wait for him to be a reward as i don't want to bonus hero a character that is 5/2/5

At that point, it might be worth it to spend the 120 CP to do a direct cover buy

Dalek

Just got a token saying "Thanks for sticking with us during this Old Man Logan". The token earned me a green Thanos 5 star.

Spoit

Good news: this BP pvp has the carol cover I need.

Bad news: I don't actually have a single 4* on the buff list at a usable state

zulux21

At that point, it might be worth it to spend the 120 CP to do a direct cover buy

if I did it obviously would be the next nerfed character :p

beyond that I am more interested in building up medusa and carol (and maybe wasp) so until they are out of the 4* rotation I will likely just keep pulling hoping to get their covers.

Just got a token saying "Thanks for sticking with us during this Old Man Logan". The token earned me a green Thanos 5 star.

my first cover for him. down to only missing black panther and cloak and dagger again.
though I do wonder if this act just screwed up the scaling of every player that has only been playing a few months lol.

actually it seems you only got one if you had OML rostered.

I decided that I have no faith that they won't announce the new taco changes without time to pull another vault.

and given winter soldier cover is slightly better than a peggy cover for me since she is fully covered why not.\

lets see how I do.
\

hmmmm

thank you for the extra taco tokens...

latest legend was a mordo :(

8. I normally do 7 but I clicked 8 by mistake this time.

From the few times I've done 8, playing well enough to get me top 50 in CL7 barely gets me top 200 in CL8. To be fair, in a non-new release event I think the two places give out the same amount of 3 star covers, but at least in CL7 I can actually grind my way to top 20 if I feel like it. Can't do that to even top 50 in CL8. And new releases? Forget about it.

zulux21

I got put into an awful PVE slice. Nearly cleared 6x every node and I'm it even in the top 100

yeah me too. a full clear got me into 99th or so.

I need to remember to switch to SCL7 since 8 is meaningless in general.

I forgot how annoying the sam wilson clash can be given that he builds off protect tiles and she has a move that ends that and if you ever accidently do to much damage she beats your face in :p

doesn't help that her passive is triggering twice from his red move so if I don't kill her all the way with it she has more than enough ap to end me :p

anyways got it.
yay. just need 4 more of them to make him better than the 3* version :p

Spoit

Noice, the falcon clash took me a couple tries (even cover maxed, with r/y AND AP all boosts), but it got me the 13th CM cover, so I don't have to actually have to bother with this panther pvp

Dalek

Noice, the falcon clash took me a couple tries (even cover maxed, with r/y AND AP all boosts), but it got me the 13th CM cover, so I don't have to actually have to bother with this panther pvp

Funny enough I got a CM today as well.

Spoit

And yeah, CM's black actually looks like a pretty good TU. 1k in strikes, and a 11k hit for 8 AP. I wonder if the odds are sabotaged with the yellow being able to be rolled to. Someone put up a TU request so we can try it.

Do I need to worry about dumping my old hoarded tacos? I haven't seen any updates since the announcement earlier this week.

Not yet. I'm expecting that if they do redo that announcement, they'll add another 5 days to the date to give one more cycle. The question is if they're willing to roll out yet another announcement that's inevitably going to piss people off right now. Truthfully, this almost feels like ripping off the band-aid instead of slowly removing it.

zulux21

Do I need to worry about dumping my old hoarded tacos? I haven't seen any updates since the announcement earlier this week.

eh... if they are going to do it it will be anounced before this cycle is over and you already missed the last cycle if they stick to the same dates.

I have no faith that they will extend the time so I did it last cycle but beyond that winter solider was more useful than peggy for me so i just went for it.

plus I had like 5 red 2* cap covers that were gonna expire before the next cycle.

now if only my 0/7/4 daken could get some of the first cover before my middle covers expire lol.

heh this is just getting dumb

:/

at this rate i will have to roster another daken just because I will have another set of 5 blue and black before I get the purple I need for a single one lol.

zulux21

Placed 52 in the PVE. Got the Cloak and Dagger cover. Im starting to hate the grind of new character releases.

I was at 158th after two days of 5 clears on everything so I just gave up after I hit the medusa progression lol.

I will just take the time to progress for cloak and dagger in the new PVE and hope that clash tokens and cp buys are good to me.

I should be fine for all the clashes for a while.

Placed 52 in the PVE. Got the Cloak and Dagger cover. Im starting to hate the grind of new character releases.

I was at 158th after two days of 5 clears on everything so I just gave up after I hit the medusa progression lol.

I will just take the time to progress for cloak and dagger in the new PVE and hope that clash tokens and cp buys are good to me.

I should be fine for all the clashes for a while.

IIRC, you can drop down to SCL 6 and still get covers for top 100 for new releases (the only bad thing is that SCL 6 doesn't give 4* covers from progression). I'm debating whether I'd do that or not if a new release comes up and it's a 4 star in progression I already have champed.

Spoit

IIRC, you can drop down to SCL 6 and still get covers for top 100 for new releases (the only bad thing is that SCL 6 doesn't give 4* covers from progression). I'm debating whether I'd do that or not if a new release comes up and it's a 4 star in progression I already have champed.

How high do you have to be to score the extra covers though? 5 for 2 and top 2 for 3?

How high do you have to be to score the extra covers though? 5 for 2 and top 2 for 3?

Hold on. Let me go through the general clusterfuck that is D3's current forum to find out....

Nope, new formatting screwed up the PvE events thread so I can't find out what the rewards are.

Edit: Found it. Went back to the thread for Danny Rand's release event and got the info. I was actually wrong, in SCL 6 it's top 50 get 1 cover, top 20 get 2, 3-10 gets 3 and top 2 get 4. Honestly, I'd imagine there's a few super competitive people that drop down, but not so many that top 20 would require an insane level of clears/timing.

zulux21

I really just need to stop being a moron and select shield rank 7 as the only difference between 7 and 8 is like 500 iso >.>

Dalek

I'm in such a foul mood right now. Came so close to hitting 900 in the PVE to get a CM cover. Unshielded and went for one round-won and came back hit 3 times and lost 100 points. I hope everyone that hit me gets stuck in traffic with diarrhea tomorrow.

Spoit

Hold on. Let me go through the general clusterfuck that is D3's current forum to find out....

Nope, new formatting screwed up the PvE events thread so I can't find out what the rewards are.

Edit: Found it. Went back to the thread for Danny Rand's release event and got the info. I was actually wrong, in SCL 6 it's top 50 get 1 cover, top 20 get 2, 3-10 gets 3 and top 2 get 4. Honestly, I'd imagine there's a few super competitive people that drop down, but not so many that top 20 would require an insane level of clears/timing.

Huh, I think the only difference for that and SL7 is top 50 instead of top 100

zulux21

so it's not a great team but I am having some fun with quake/ 3 star iron man/ mags.

between mags' red and quake's blue I can get some crazy chains going after a single recharge, and then quake's AOE move does good damage and shuffles the board around often lining up 5* matches after I am done removing all team up, black and purple tiles lol.

I have a couple of quick questions if you guys don't mind..

Should I sell 1* covers of fully leveled characters if I don't use them anymore?

How many cover slots can you get? They are starting to get a little high to only get one slot, do they ever offer multiples?

I think that's it for now, thanks to anyone who replies!

zulux21

I have a couple of quick questions if you guys don't mind..

Should I sell 1* covers of fully leveled characters if I don't use them anymore?

How many cover slots can you get? They are starting to get a little high to only get one slot, do they ever offer multiples?

I think that's it for now, thanks to anyone who replies!

if you don't use the characters feel free to sell them, just make sure to keep at least juggs or iron man for DDQ.

the upper limit of slots is something like 1k of them.

after a while they start costing 1k HP per slot.
I believe early on they start getting sold in 2-3 packs, which does nothing but screw people over who only need one as there is no cost savings for the packs.

I currently have 123 slots i think... soon will be 124 when i get the cloak and dagger progression.

if you don't use the characters feel free to sell them, just make sure to keep at least juggs or iron man for DDQ.

the upper limit of slots is something like 1k of them.

after a while they start costing 1k HP per slot.
I believe early on they start getting sold in 2-3 packs, which does nothing but screw people over who only need one as there is no cost savings for the packs.

I currently have 123 slots i think... soon will be 124 when i get the cloak and dagger progression.

Thank you. What do you mean by DDQ? I'm not familiar with that term. Only been playing for a month or so. Seems a little overwhelming with everything you can do. Damn fun though.

zulux21

Thank you. What do you mean by DDQ? I'm not familiar with that term. Only been playing for a month or so. Seems a little overwhelming with everything you can do. Damn fun though.

this is deadpool's daily quest. (aka DDQ)
it is the single best thing to do in the game for resources.

in it there is a node that you can only use 1* characters in that will give you 500 iso.

the next two nodes allow 2* or lower. if you beat the first one you will get some iso and a taco (which is a lot like a heroic token but has different stuff in it beyond characters)

after that there is one that requires a certain 3* (will give you another taco) and another that only unlocks after you clear the one that requires a 3* (which will give you a cover for the required 3 star).

there is also one node that requires you to have certain 2/3/4 star team.
there is also a progression reward as well.
each day this resets, and in general is the greatest resource towards building up a 2/3 star team.

Top Bottom