• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

zulux21

So what do you guys have her build as? I was quite happy with her as a 5/5/3….

3/5/5

before I learned of the espionage move being effected by strike tiles I was torn between purple and black, but was leaning black anyways as I feel the 5 covers for purple is actually worse than having 3 since it costs so much more. sure it gets purple as well and one more of each, but it's so much more effort to get to. 2 purple matches (when the enemy has purple) isn't to bad, but that third one likes to elude me.

hmmm i just got
6E7IS.png
when trying to launch the game, I wonder if they are going to finally add steam cloud support so I can play on my laptop as well as my desktop without having to tediously move my hidden save.

though steam seems to have died in general for me >.>;

animus82

Banned
Yea, I feel like this game has an insane rich-get-richer feel to it, where if you aren't already in the top percentage of players, you have no choice but to buy your way in at ridiculous prices.

If it wasn't money, it would be time.

If it wasn't time, it would early adopters. I see a lot of MMO like complaints about this game which I find amusing since it's not the worst most greedy cell phone game.

Puzzle and Dragons is far worse and so are scams like Clash of Clans.

3/5/5

before I learned of the espionage move being effected by strike tiles I was torn between purple and black, but was leaning black anyways as I feel the 5 covers for purple is actually worse than having 3 since it costs so much more. sure it gets purple as well and one more of each, but it's so much more effort to get to. 2 purple matches (when the enemy has purple) isn't to bad, but that third one likes to elude me.

Hmmmm. Well, shit. Guess she'll get the sell-off rebuild bonanza after Classic Storm.

Since doing that with Thor and Wolverine I'm actually kind of excited about it. Really shakes the game up for me and makes it fun again.

zulux21

so when they rerun this event, what is the odds the final event reward is at 60k plus points instead of the 20k it's at now?

ToxicAdam

If it wasn't money, it would be time.

If it wasn't time, it would early adopters. I see a lot of MMO like complaints about this game which I find amusing since it's not the worst most greedy cell phone game.

Puzzle and Dragons is far worse and so are scams like Clash of Clans.

You're high bud. PAD is way more generous and fair to te user than this game.

zulux21

this is completely off topic but...
I wish puzzles and dragons came to PC... oh well I will get a galaxy nesus at some point and then I can play puzzles and dragons and marvel on there... maybe by the time that i get one you can link the android and pc versions...

I do have a kindle though... I haven't bothered trying to side load marvel puzzle quest on it (I hear you can't side load puzzles and dragons) anyone know if you can side load marvel puzzle quest (I have no plans to jailbreak the kindle at this time)?

animus82

Banned

You're way off base.

I spent 50$ on pad and I still can't beat all the regular dungeons. They add new gods that you can't even just straight buy. YOU have to spend almost $5 in order to roll a RNG slot in the hopes of getting something useful.

IF You do.

You have to evolve it. Then busty evolve that. Then super ultra evolve that.

Soooo grindy. Have to do daily dungeons to get plants and other stuff to combine into feeding material.

PAD is a terrible money grab compared to this. My patch is levling up nicely and I paid nothin and I won all of his covers.

ToxicAdam

That was pretty silly of you to spend money like that. I earned dozens and dozens of pulls just by completing dungeons and logging in every day. I was able to reach 'end game' content within 3-4 months. They were very generous with the stones and new content was always rolling in.

Gotchaye

I have people already pushing out to 1.5-3k leads over me (I was in first at 8 hours remaining) in the main rankings, which is bizarre. Several of these were people who seemed to care quite a bit about staying on top throughout the event and who did rounds ~8 hours ago and ~16 hours ago. Are they for some reason trying to go through every mission and need 4 hours to do it? I kind of feel bad for them, if they've misunderstood the event this badly. Very bad if something's suddenly come up such that they can't compete in the last hour.

shaowebb

Aw yiss. Got me a Daredevil just now guaranteed. Also OBW plus Storm Thor is relentless. Never any tiles to prevent the heal and always so much fuel thanks to her pink.

hamchan

Got top 10, received my 3 Daredevil covers.

He's pretty much useless though since we can only get his max level to 20 with these covers and also the way this game works the next PvE chapter will probably have Daredevil as rewards for the every sub-event, allowing us to max cover him easily. So I don't really know why I tried so hard for this one lol.

zulux21

Got top 10, received my 3 Daredevil covers.

He's pretty much useless though since we can only get his max level to 20 with these covers and also the way this game works the next PvE chapter will probably have Daredevil as rewards for the every sub-event, allowing us to max cover him easily. So I don't really know why I tried so hard for this one lol.

you could always spend money... anyways they detailed the next event

With Thick as Thieves coming to an end soon, we know that many of you are currently pushing to grab that Daredevil cover. We wish you all luck because, starting Friday, you will get your first chance to put him to work! Our third "Heroic Mode" (centered around the Oscorp chapter) will be ready to start!

For those new to the game, Heroic Modes are challenging versions of the Prologue that call on players to win using a limited set of characters, including Daredevil!

The rewards in this Heroic Mode are geared heavily towards progression so we've disabled some of the balancing that helps players catch up with the pack and greatly turned up the number of replays you get per missions.

We've also heard your feedback that the more expensive boosts are making the extra-tough missions impossible so we've taken care to make them available as mission and progression rewards in the event. There's a lot of Iso-8 up for grabs too. We've had a lot of fun building this event, we hope you enjoy it as well!

yay... instead of reducing the prices back to normal I just get flooded with boosters instead of real prizes to progress my roster :/

Gotchaye

This was a ridiculously profitable PvE event for me, even if it was horribly mismanaged. I'm pretty sure I didn't fail to get 1st place in any part of it.

you could always spend money... anyways they detailed the next event

yay... instead of reducing the prices back to normal I just get flooded with boosters instead of real prizes to progress my roster :/

I really hope that all this means is that they replaced the worthless Hammer boosts with AP boosts.

zulux21

This was a ridiculously profitable PvE event for me, even if it was horribly mismanaged. I'm pretty sure I didn't fail to get 1st place in any part of it.

I really hope that all this means is that they replaced the worthless Hammer boosts with AP boosts.

Im so jelly :/

I still wish that the PC version had released at the same time as the mobile version, I am still just desperately trying to play catch up without spending money >.>;

oh well hopefully the next event is a lot better designed, this last one was just horrible... as I have already voiced :p

oh well with the good boosts gone (I won't spend HP on them, and I am unwilling to use them even if I have them ><:) I am getting more crystals than normal.... so there is at least that.... I still miss them though.

Is that good or bad? You can get 150+ HP every PVP tourney, and there's 3 tourneys a week. Works out to be about the same.

Am I missing something with the tourneys? Because even though I win most of the matches I can't seem to get enough points to rank very high. I'm quickly fighting people for 10 points and under, which doesn't help me at all.

Well, my final haul was five Patch covers. I didn't have him at all before, so now I do and he's 0/2/3 lv32 so far. No Daredevil for me, but still a pretty good event all in all considering I just started playing a couple weeks ago.

zulux21

Well, my final haul was five Patch covers. I didn't have him at all before, so now I do and he's 0/2/3 lv32 so far. No Daredevil for me, but still a pretty good event all in all considering I just started playing a couple weeks ago.

I only got a single patch cover from the PVE... I got a few from the PVP stuff though.

wait I take that back I got two patch covers from pve, but the second is useless to me as I already had 3 red covers and I don't want to go beyond 3 on that move.

I wish respecing was in the game though as I wouldn't mind that 4th red cover until I got all of my missing yellow covers i need :/

ToxicAdam

I'm not really sold on an unbuffed Patch. His strike tiles are too dangerous if used against you. So you need to bring Loki/Spidey most times to protect yourself.

Punisher seems like safer bet as far as damage dealers go.

I should say that my Patch is 3/3/3 and level 60. Maybe my opinion changes once he gets in the 100's and I've played with him more.

zulux21

I'm not really sold on an unbuffed Patch. His strike tiles are too dangerous if used against you. So you need to bring Loki/Spidey most times to protect yourself.

I should say that my Patch is 3/3/3 and level 60. Maybe my opinion changes once he gets in the 100's and I've played with him more.

I am using punisher for non buffed stuff and patch in the buffed stuff... I decided to put quite a few iso into both as A. they are 3 stars so not something I will be replacing soon. B. They are likely both going to be featured heroes a lot. C. They aren't on the nerf list.

Punisher would be hands down my choice if you could aim his green move or got AP for it... as cost vs what you get isn't all that exciting given if I use it a second time I am likely to kill some of my strike tiles so I can't really build them up *shrugs*

As for patch's tiles being dangerous... that is true, but if you wait for there to not be many purple or have it lined up so you can hit some purple and get rid of a few tiles the edge is worth it. It at least solves one of my issues with the game post nerfs and it makes the battles go much faster even if I am dying more lol.

also it seems most of daredevil's info is up now
Purple 11 AP
Daredevil's heightened senses let him strike first, terrifying the enemy. Creates an Environment Trap tile that, when matched by an enemy, steals 2 AP from all colors. If you match the tile, it steals 1 Purple AP and changes locations. Enemies cannot see the tile.
Level Upgrades:
Level 2: Steals 3 AP on enemy match.
Level 3: Steals 4 AP on enemy match.
Level 4: Steals 5 AP on enemy match.
Level 5: Steals 6 AP on enemy match.

EqualizerEdit
Blue 7 AP
Billy Club in hand, Daredevil prowls the battlefield, waiting to even the odds. Create a Blue trap tile that, when matched by an enemy, stuns for 2 turns. if you match the tile, it generates 1 Blue AP and changes locations. Enemies cannot see the tile
Level Upgrades:
Level 2: Stuns for 3 turns.
Level 3: Stuns for 4 turns.
Level 4: Stuns for 5 turns.
Level 5: Stuns for 6 turns.

AmbushEdit
Red 7 AP
Daredevil lurks in the shadow, ready to strike. Creates a Red Trap tile that, when matched by the enemy, deals 473 damage. If you match the tile, the enemy takes 24 damage and it changes locations. Enemies cannot see the tile.
Level Upgrades:
Level 2: 662 damage on enemy match.
Level 3: # damage on enemy match.
Level 4: # damage on enemy match.
Level 5: # damage on enemy match.

Max Level: Enemy takes 7712 damage on enemy match / Enemy takes 148 damage on player match

hamchan

I think I might actually go 4/4/5 with Patch, since 6 strike tiles against me is really dangerous, while only giving 4 strike tiles to the enemy means I can get rid of theirs a lot faster.

Gotchaye

From playing with a 120 Patch in the LRs, I like him a lot. Punisher is certainly safer, but he also puts out many fewer strike tiles. While Spider-Man is a really strong complement to Patch, I've found that as long as some purples can be eliminated in your turn, he does fine. It's hard to overstate how powerful his heal is; he can tank his own strike tiles for quite a while and can start fights at half health with no problems, because he'll gain hp every turn until people amass some AP. His passive means his durability scales super-linearly with level, and I suspect he'll get even better over time as the devs slow the game down.

Spoit

Is that good or bad? You can get 150+ HP every PVP tourney, and there's 3 tourneys a week. Works out to be about the same.

Well, PAD doesn't have all these stupid P2W things to throw away the cash shop currency on, so the main thing you're using it on is slots (which are 5 for 1 stone ~1 dollar, as opposed to the equivalent of about 5 dollars a slot, though admittedly you're using a lot more slots), and the primary use is pulls on the random monster machine, which admittedly seems to have about as good odds as a standard token at giving something good.

However, once you've done the whole, 'restart until you get a good starter' dance, you can very easily build an incredibly viable team from just the monsters that drop, other than my starter, I only use like 4 'god' (the equivalent of 3*s) from the random egg machine, everything else was dungeon drops

I have people already pushing out to 1.5-3k leads over me (I was in first at 8 hours remaining) in the main rankings, which is bizarre. Several of these were people who seemed to care quite a bit about staying on top throughout the event and who did rounds ~8 hours ago and ~16 hours ago. Are they for some reason trying to go through every mission and need 4 hours to do it? I kind of feel bad for them, if they've misunderstood the event this badly. Very bad if something's suddenly come up such that they can't compete in the last hour.

Or is european people that can't stay awake until 6:00 AM.

This event has been specially killing for european people. The event started at 18:00 for european, so both european and american were awake in the start (so, the brackets were mixed). But the events were 26 hours long, so the ending time was, each day, later in the night.

Most european people weren't able to be awake at the end of each event. That was not a great problem for the "single day" events, because you were matched with people that "signed" on the same time, so probably in similar timezone. But the "full event" started when europeans and americans were awake, but ended when only americans were awake.

I managed to be #1 at one hour of finishing the event, but had to go to sleep, and fell down to the top-50. At least I got 2 DareDevil cards, and I nearly maxed my Patch skills during the event.

Gotchaye

I feel like they're trolling the fanbase a bit with the Wolverine and Thor tourneys after a lot of people sold them off.

Heh, maybe. Fortunately for me I don't need any more IW yellow or GSW green/red. Top 45 should still be easy enough with a 1/1/1 Thor.

Edit: Oh wow, and this heroic mode is all kinds of screwy. Massively limited roster and only Daredevil buffed. Good thing I hung on to my IM35 all this time, I guess.

...and the first mission's rewards are nothing but Hammer boosts

zulux21

Heh, maybe. Fortunately for me I don't need any more IW yellow or GSW green/red. Top 45 should still be easy enough with a 1/1/1 Thor.

Edit: Oh wow, and this heroic mode is all kinds of screwy. Massively limited roster and only Daredevil buffed. Good thing I hung on to my IM35 all this time, I guess.

...and the first mission's rewards are nothing but Hammer boosts

im kind of regretting selling my wolverine now, since all of my good characters are locked out of this tournament... highest level I have that I can use is my 33 storm ><:

Hey, I wonder if this event is meant to throw a bone to newbies since the eligible characters are more entry level. Works for me, since even though I've been developing characters like OBW and Patch, my highest leveled team is still Iron Man 35, Modern BW and Storm.

Gotchaye

Yeah, uhh, this PvE event is pretty hard lol. Though if the levels are static again then that's pretty cool.

People on the official forum are complaining that the levels are all over the place; some people have level 100+ soldiers on the first mission. Mine are level 12.

hamchan

People on the official forum are complaining that the levels are all over the place; some people have level 100+ soldiers on the first mission. Mine are level 12.

That's a big shame then. Really thought they'd have learnt not to do this after everyone hated it the last PvE event.

zulux21

mine were 40 or so the next mission is 60... and the other missions i see are 100 plus I won't be getting anywhere in this unless I run out and hand them $1k in order to buy and massively level up a team that can be played in this tournament :/

Hickee

My first mission was level 112 soldiers, my team got steamrolled with no tile control and then when it restarted they were level 40's. Not gonna bother with that one for a while.

Such drastic changes in the last week kinda make me not want to bother with it any more. I do realise they need to make money and was thinking of dropping £13.99 for the coin pack to get my last yellow Patch cover and use the rest for shields, but now with the boosts costing so much HP instead of ISO it kind of put me off. If they priced them more reasonably I'm sure I and many others would be fine with it, either 600 ISO or 25 HP for +3 all AP 3 uses seems reasonable to me. That way you're losing more ISO than you earn in 3 pvp battles so you'd have to choose between using the more overpowered boosts, leveling your roster or buying some HP. It felt weird just staring at the screen not knowing what to, contemplated just giving up before it gets any worse then pull a blue Spiderman from a standard reward token (my Spiderman build has been through standard reward tokens alone, currently at 2/2/5). You win this round game :/.

The current Thor tourney is amusing me though, I'd buggered up my thor build at the start with 3/5/5, so the nerf bat didn't hurt so much as Wolverines did. After winning 6 matches I stop for dinner, and return to find I've been attacked 9 times and won 7 using Thor, Original widow and modern Storm.

Edit: Oh and shields are now double what they were again, 100/200/400

Sulik2

The greater difficulty has actually been fun, but all the changes are starting to seem geared towards extracting more money. I think I am just about done outside the occasional bathroom break.

Gotchaye

Haha, wow - I just wiped on a level 50 Yelena with 2 level 51 Spies. I just have no good options for damage. A level 60 Invisible Woman still doesn't do much, a level 52 Spider-Man is good for putting off the inevitable but lacks damage, and a level 41 Grey Widow can dish out the pain with a maxed sniper rifle but needs a ridiculous amount of green to do it.

At least buffed Daredevil is useful in missions where there's at least one enemy hero and there is no Daken.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Buffed Daredevil is Ridiculousness World. Unreal.

Haha, wow - I just wiped on a level 50 Yelena with 2 level 51 Spies. I just have no good options for damage. A level 60 Invisible Woman still doesn't do much, a level 52 Spider-Man is good for putting off the inevitable but lacks damage, and a level 41 Grey Widow can dish out the pain with a maxed sniper rifle but needs a ridiculous amount of green to do it.

At least buffed Daredevil is useful in missions where there's at least one enemy hero and there is no Daken.

Max Cover Hawkeye is p. nice if you can protect his tiles but yeah. Tough stuff.

But I guess it's supposed to be, yeah?

Yesterday, while opening some standard covers...

Red Iron Man 40 (cool!)

Next cover

Punisher (awesome, I didn't even have him yet!)

Next Cover

Pink Mageneto *** (what the, I don't even, say what?!)

3 standard tokens, 3 3-star heroes. Won't see that happen again

w2000

Yesterday, while opening some standard covers...

Red Iron Man 40 (cool!)

Next cover

Punisher (awesome, I didn't even have him yet!)

Next Cover

Pink Mageneto *** (what the, I don't even, say what?!)

3 standard tokens, 3 3-star heroes. Won't see that happen again

And yet I get another Modern Storm. I should just stockpile standard tokens lol.

Gotchaye

I pulled a yellow Invisible Woman from the PvE special token. Nice-ish, but I was going to be able to get first in the Wolverine tournament anyway, and I already had two of those. Oh well, I guess I get to let someone else take first in the tournament now.

Top Bottom