• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

zulux21

gah.... I knew the enemies levels would go up... (everything was level 12-20 as i cleared it the first time) just looked again and min level for me is 111 going up to 150 ><;

edit: and as i was typing that they went up again -_-
min level 140 most are 230 now -_-

zulux21

Gold Character?

no info about it is out yet, either it's gold because it's just a higher level version of an existing character, or it may have some sort of special mechanic (if it does i am totally expecting soemthing like... spend 10k hp to convert your 2 star to the gold version :p)

Strange, the points for missions were increasing, without increasing the level of the enemies... and suddenly, there has been a HUGE level increase on the enemies.

It seems like a trap for people that decided to wait for the score to increase.

BlackJace

no info about it is out yet, either it's gold because it's just a higher level version of an existing character, or it may have some sort of special mechanic (if it does i am totally expecting soemthing like... spend 10k hp to convert your 2 star to the gold version :p)

Heh, these guys know my weakness. I love the whole trading card/rarity aspect of certain games.

Expecting platinum and holographics in the future!

How the hell am I suppose to fight a lvl 230 hulk with anger chain/cascading my ass?

I defeated him with a 50 Modern Storm, 85 Original Black Widow and 83 Punisher.

Basically, don't allow him to gather green. If he get green, use OBW purple skill. Use Modern Storm green and red, and Punisher black. When life of Hulk is under the punisher instakill limit of red skill, use it.

What are the hottest characters these days? I've got 50k in ISO and it's burning a whole in my pocket.

Is there a thread on the D3 forums that gives the current best builds for each character? I've got a bunch of expiring cards and want to adjust some builds before they go bad.

zulux21

hmmm... while I will continue to play marvel puzzle quest I really don't think I will ever spend another dime on it on principle.

much like psylocke panther has now gotten nerfed shortly after he was released on the wild (not saying he didn't need it but again there was no warning and is something that should have been done before he was released)

Character
Black Panther
Rage of the Panther - Lowered damage by 20% across all levels
Defense Grid - Fixed a bug where Level 2 would not reliably allow three Protect tiles to be placed.

his black move is sitll powerful even with the nerf, don't get me wrong, but it's still super shady to do and reeks of bait and switch...
I was going to overlook the psylock one.... and next time things were on sale give them some more money since I play the game so much, but two times in a row is super disgusting... so screw them :/ (it's not like I need to pay money to do well/have room for characters anyways)

hmmm... while I will continue to play marvel puzzle quest I really don't think I will ever spend another dime on it on principle.

much like psylocke panther has now gotten nerfed shortly after he was released on the wild (not saying he didn't need it but again there was no warning and is something that should have been done before he was released)

his black move is sitll powerful even with the nerf, don't get me wrong, but it's still super shady to do and reeks of bait and switch...
I was going to overlook the psylock one.... and next time things were on sale give them some more money since I play the game so much, but two times in a row is super disgusting... so screw them :/ (it's not like I need to pay money to do well/have room for characters anyways)

I was thinking about this, but then I thought, how could they possibly know how the charac is going to be used in the wild? There's no real way to test characs, is there? Like a closed off intranet? Even if they had it, how would they get enough players to properly test it? Isn't this a similar problem for any multiplayer game with characs?

zulux21

I was thinking about this, but then I thought, how could they possibly know how the charac is going to be used in the wild? There's no real way to test characs, is there? Like a closed off intranet? Even if they had it, how would they get enough players to properly test it? Isn't this a similar problem for any multiplayer game with characs?

I can see where you are coming from, and could understand if he was being used in a weird way (part of the reason the psylocke one I was overlooking as the move by itself is goofy but not super broken)... but anyone who remotely knows how to play the game should be able to go... hmmm 4k damage to all enemies for 12 black AP... that's kind of... no... really dumb... time to spam that repeatedly. the only balancing act i could see for that is if it was some sort of kamikaze move and panther was dead with a 3 day count down timer after using the move (requiring 3 heal packs to heal back up, each one reducing the timer by a day... even then it would still be amazing in pvp for defending) The move was stupid over powered compared to the other moves in the game and it should have been obvious to anyone involved.

I would understand if it was some sort of weird combo using 3 certain characters... but it's a very straight forward attack that obviously needed more balancing before being released... as they would have known how much damage it would do at max level.

as for other MP games... well a lot of them have a private beta test (this one does as well, the mods have mentioned having basically a sandbox area to play with characters at any level they want) of the characters experimenting with them... do things sometimes get through a test like that yes... but it's usually something really weird not something painfully obvious as this one.

I understand balances are part of a game like this, but they should be more balanced right away so they don't need week 1 patches, as if not bait and switch it just reeks of complete and utter incompetence. If they are having an issue testing things properly perhaps instead of rushing out a new character every 10 days they should slow down and actually make sure their content works as they want it to -_-

cobell

How the hell am I suppose to fight a lvl 230 hulk with anger chain/cascading my ass?

Enemies with good passives or big cascades can kind of be mitigated by saving up and killing them in one turn or by stunning them repeatedly as their passive abilities don't kick off when they're stunned. Though that's still easier said and done. Vast level gulfs are almost impossible really unless you have some equally overpowered hero... like say Spiderman with a lvl 5 blue/web tile skill so you have all of the stuns. All of them.

zulux21

Enemies with good passives or big cascades can kind of be mitigated by saving up and killing them in one turn or by stunning them repeatedly as their passive abilities don't kick off when they're stunned. Though that's still easier said and done. Vast level gulfs are almost impossible really unless you have some equally overpowered hero... like say Spiderman with a lvl 5 blue/web tile skill so you have all of the stuns. All of them.

you know what really sucks... when you miscount your damage... and double green patch skill giving hulk 10 strike tiles (max purples on the board) to play with as his anger goes off >.>;

luckily I wasn't off by much so while my characters took 1k damage per tile and it took 4 angers before hulk finally died, one barely lived, since he was only taking his normal damage from it lol.

animus82

Banned
you know what really sucks... when you miscount your damage... and double green patch skill giving hulk 10 strike tiles (max purples on the board) to play with as his anger goes off >.>;

luckily I wasn't off by much so while my characters took 1k damage per tile and it took 4 angers before hulk finally died, one barely lived, since he was only taking his normal damage from it lol.

Forget hulk, ever like mis counted Patch against a Classic Storm and have her AOE wipe out your team.

Oh it burns.

I used Classic storm and with 5 blue it wasn't that bad. Thx guys.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yeah the new HP system sucks. Read into the patch notes a bit and it's the same probability as getting another 3*, not selling every 3* you get.

zulux21

Yeah the new HP system sucks. Read into the patch notes a bit and it's the same probability as getting another 3*, not selling every 3* you get.

from what was said in the forums, the hp chance is as rare as getting a 3* (split 50 50) but the 3* chance was also increased slightly at the same time taking away from 1* and 2* chance

zulux21

ha ha no lie, I JUST got a Patch from a Standard.

My jaw actually dropped.

i really need a panther to drop from the tokens i get from this wave of events.... not being able to play those missions is hurting as I can't get near the top without those extra points ^^;

it's a shame I can't get a panther from standards yet, or I likely would have spent all of my iso on those :p

nope... no luck...
makes 2 two star widows and 2 thors from tokens from this event so far... both of which are maxed characters for me :/

Mark L

To those wondering if Standard can still give 3 star pulls, I just grabbed a Black Hulk cover last night, so keep the fire of hope alive!

...although oddly, it came right after I said "Okay, this one's gonna be a Black Hulk." Maybe I should invest in penny stocks?

To those wondering if Standard can still give 3 star pulls, I just grabbed a Black Hulk cover last night, so keep the fire of hope alive!

...although oddly, it came right after I said "Okay, this one's gonna be a Black Hulk." Maybe I should invest in penny stocks?

Siri Integration?

0_0

Mark L

Buffed Hulk? Why Ms. Black Widow, you look lovely tonight!

...I'd chat up spidey too, if I had more than 2 purple and 1 blue covers :(

Buffed Hulk? Why Ms. Black Widow, you look lovely tonight!

...I'd chat up spidey too, if I had more than 2 purple and 1 blue covers :(

I'd forgotten how beast Thor is. After the sell off I had terrible luck getting him covers so he's been MIA for weeks. Now, even at like 24, he's a monster when buffed.

Aaaaand just got a Yellow Thor in a Standard Chit.

EVERYTHING'S COMING UP MILHOUSE.

animus82

Banned
I'd forgotten how beast Thor is. After the sell off I had terrible luck getting him covers so he's been MIA for weeks. Now, even at like 24, he's a monster when buffed.

Aaaaand just got a Yellow Thor in a Standard Chit.

EVERYTHING'S COMING UP MILHOUSE.

I got two Thor covers after playing this game like a mother. It was worth it though cuase I got 150 HP.

Also regarding the standard tokens. Yesterday I got a blue Spider man 3* so don't give up hope. Also I have gotten 3 of those 25 HP chits also.

zulux21

Instead of Marvel NOW! it's Marvel [5m23s]!

loll get it
... nope... I still don't get it lol. I imagine there is more to the joke then just instead of being right now it's some random amount of time from now.

anyways... today is the day I will get my panther... I HAVE TO BELIEVE!!!!!!!

edit: today is not the day i will get a panther... but at least I got two hawkeye covers I was missing.

Mark L

Shielded up at #2. Loki will be mine. Quick poll: should I try a last ditch spoiler attack to grab the number 1 spot? It's....a green invisible woman. I have a yellow and a green already so that's....something I guess.

zulux21

Shielded up at #2. Loki will be mine. Quick poll: should I try a last ditch spoiler attack to grab the number 1 spot? It's....a green invisible woman. I have a yellow and a green already so that's....something I guess.

personally with 8 hours to go i would have tried to be number 1 before shielding in general. I don't really see much point for you to go for number 1 right now if you already spent money on shielding as it's likely someone will surpass both you and the current number 1 in the next 8 hours.

Mark L

I admire your competitive spirit, but all I really cared about was Loki and #1 was significantly ahead of me at the time. I was afraid of being clawed back, so I shielded. I have snatched #1 at the last minute from this position before, but eh, it's probably not worth the risk.

... nope... I still don't get it lol. I imagine there is more to the joke then just instead of being right now it's some random amount of time from now.

anyways... today is the day I will get my panther... I HAVE TO BELIEVE!!!!!!!

edit: today is not the day i will get a panther... but at least I got two hawkeye covers I was missing.

All I been GETTING is Hawkeyes but I did swing a Punisher Red FOINALLY

Askani

Used my two Hulk event tokens. Pulled a Thor red cover. Lame. Pulled a Hulk green cover! Wait...my Hulk is 5/0/0. #%$@!!

animus82

Banned
My damn boss kept talking about talking during a meeting and so I didn't get top 50 and no HP for me.

It's crazy how competitive things get the last hour or so.

Got two tokens.

I black black panther (cool I guess)

and a thor....

OOHh and I HATE HATE HATE fighting Hulk.

Worse than Daken, Worse than Thor by far.

Him and Daken all the time is crazy.

He's pretty easy for me. Ignore him until I have my blues up, then stun him with two star Hawkeye's ability. That move alone takes away half his health and I can usually finish him off with another special.

It does suck when he's with Daken though. So many greens.

Edit: And it looks like Daredevil is the one that keeps dropping for me. Any idea how to use him? His powers are very unreliable so far and it doesn't look like his traps trigger unless it's a direct match to the color.

Any idea how to use him?
You don't.

If you match reds, there's less chance for AI to match it. Best usage I can see is to fill out the colour balance. Punisher or Panther + Hood or OBW, focus on green/yellow/black/purple. Dormammu's aid or Agressive Recon to gain red/blue without having to match them. IM40's recharge can also work.

Anyone else on a bit of a losing streak right now? I'm getting my shit wrecked constantly.

Quite the opposite. I've been doing meh for almost a month, and now I'm kicking ass.

Got top 20 on the last couple of events, made it to 5 (for now) on the current Heros thing too. These Heroic tokens aren't giving me shit though. I managed to get an IM40 on a recruit token which is awesome, but that's the only good find I've had in a very long time.

Dispatch

I got to #4 in my bracket for Fearless Defenders, shielded and have promptly dropped to #6 in about ten minutes. I hope the top 10 placement holds, but we'll see.

Top Bottom