• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

zulux21

OOHh and I HATE HATE HATE fighting Hulk.

Worse than Daken, Worse than Thor by far.

Him and Daken all the time is crazy.

hulk isn't that bad two patch green (5 covers level 105), one patch red (5 covers level 105), and 1 or 2 punisher black (5 covers level 65) takes him (and anyone else that is left) right out >.>
it takes a bit to set up but it's so fun watching his 15k life vanish in 20 seconds :p

I find daken to be the bigger pain (especially if bullseye is there as well) not only do the strike tiles hurt, but they slow down the pace so much with animations every time you match green :(

shaowebb

Hulk is a character you must stun to fight. Otherwise high damage results in massive cascades against you and multiple high damage attacks from hulk. Classic Storm is good as she has a high damage full team stun, but Widow has a cheap 9 AP five turn stun and unlike classic storm wont passively hit back every time hulk hits you...this creates a never ending slough of hulk's anger building up till you are assuredly going to die once its over.. I know she's frail but once hulk is stunned its easy to keep her alive and its FAST to get her fuel. Or you could resort to buying boosts with iso to help her.

This is one fight that just becomes a war of attrition to slug it out on because one good attack from you could result in such a series of attacks that it wipes a 5k plus character off your team.

zulux21

Hulk is a character you must stun to fight.

hmmm I must be playing the game wrong I haven't used a stun on him once this entire event and haven't really had an issue with him either :p

also yay my daily reward of a recruit token netted me a green 4 star wolverine.... one day when his moves aren't terrible maybe it will be awesome to have him around :p

shaowebb

hmmm I must be playing the game wrong I haven't used a stun on him once this entire event and haven't really had an issue with him either :p

also yay my daily reward of a recruit token netted me a green 4 star wolverine.... one day when his moves aren't terrible maybe it will be awesome to have him around :p

Well no shit when you got a patch that can deal insane damage lol. He drops fast enough not to worry in that scenario. Thing is, that's a hard character to come by. Your tactic is valid...just thought that I should give some advice that involves some covers folks likely have.

Outside of Super stun widow tactics, and murder damage patch its sort of a mixed bag of what works. A well stocked OBW keeps him neutered on AP if you can keep her out of the crosshairs of any cascades he goes for. Venom is a good in betweener for health damage and stuns to boost you if you are down on healthy stun folks. And honestly enough Juggernaut only having to spend 6 to clear tiles in a match designed to flood green means he is good to have on deck to just sit on Green AP and pop the board if it fills with black. Works more than you'd think and he's a good friend of OBW.

Lots of tactics here for low star cards in case this helps anyone here who is struggling.

zulux21

Well no shit when you got a patch that can deal insane damage lol. He drops fast enough not to worry in that scenario. Thing is, that's a hard character to come by. Your tactic is valid...just thought that I should give some advice that involves some covers folks likely have.

Outside of Super stun widow tactics, and murder damage patch its sort of a mixed bag of what works. A well stocked OBW keeps him neutered on AP if you can keep her out of the crosshairs of any cascades he goes for. Venom is a good in betweener for health damage and stuns to boost you if you are down on healthy stun folks. And honestly enough Juggernaut only having to spend 6 to clear tiles in a match designed to flood green means he is good to have on deck to just sit on Green AP and pop the board if it fills with black. Works more than you'd think and he's a good friend of OBW.

Lots of tactics here for low star cards in case this helps anyone here who is struggling.
:p as you said the patch is a mixed bag, the most effective way i have found is 1 star storm, 2 star thor and 2 star widow as it means unless the board is nothing but black you can eventually do something. The issue with a stun is if you can't get blue you can't stop him (not saying it's a bad way to go)

shaowebb

:p as you said the patch is a mixed bag, the most effective way i have found is 1 star storm, 2 star thor and 2 star widow as it means unless the board is nothing but black you can eventually do something. The issue with a stun is if you can't get blue you can't stop him (not saying it's a bad way to go)

Yeah. I'm pretty much using Thor, Modern Storm, Modern Widow on Hulk missions. If he's on a team I can generally run it without but in the lvl 191 Hulk solos I use team low star there.

Wish I could get more than green covers for my own Hulk. He's strong, healthy, has good levels but zero covers outside of green lol.

Hulk is a character you must stun to fight. Otherwise high damage results in massive cascades against you and multiple high damage attacks from hulk. Classic Storm is good as she has a high damage full team stun, but Widow has a cheap 9 AP five turn stun and unlike classic storm wont passively hit back every time hulk hits you...this creates a never ending slough of hulk's anger building up till you are assuredly going to die once its over.. I know she's frail but once hulk is stunned its easy to keep her alive and its FAST to get her fuel. Or you could resort to buying boosts with iso to help her.

This is one fight that just becomes a war of attrition to slug it out on because one good attack from you could result in such a series of attacks that it wipes a 5k plus character off your team.

Thank you so much for this! I was totally lost on how to deal with him. Stun-locking him is fun! Even though he is tough and annoying to fight at times, I have to commend them on how they designed his abilities. They really feel like The Hulk. The anger abilities and his smash, and the resulting crazy cascades and destruction is just how a battle with him would go. Lol! Basically I have to baby him and poke at him so I don't trigger anger, then stun him with Black Widow and beat him into submission.

I just got one Daredevil card, is it worth it to get rid of a level 40 Hawkeye? Or should I just buy some HP to get another slot..I haven't put any money into the game and I also haven't really used the level 40 * Hawkeye...

NomarTyme

I just got one Daredevil card, is it worth it to get rid of a level 40 Hawkeye? Or should I just buy some HP to get another slot..I haven't put any money into the game and I also haven't really used the level 40 * Hawkeye...

I would sell Daredevil. Hawkeye is more important to you right now.

zulux21

I would sell Daredevil. Hawkeye is more important to you right now.

I would just get some HP. Support the game a bit and not screw yourself over in future events where Daredevil may be required for certain matches (most likely matches against 3 of the goons that don't match things because daredevil isn't sucky enough on his own :p)

I would never sell any 3 stars period if you plan on competing in PVE most of them have been required for a match at some point in time.

NomarTyme

I would just get some HP. Support the game a bit and not screw yourself over in future events where Daredevil may be required for certain matches (most likely matches against 3 of the goons that don't match things because daredevil isn't sucky enough on his own :p)

I would never sell any 3 stars period if you plan on competing in PVE most of them have been required for a match at some point in time.

You got to make some sacrifices. I never spent any money on this game and probably never will.

Then again go a head spend the money. It for a good cause.

shaowebb

Modern or classic hawkeye? Because the one in shades is good and the other is crap. I'd rather have a daredevil for events than a lvl 40 hawkeye. Sad to hear your iso went into that guy honestly.

Could you screenshot your team or show us your roster? I'd like to see what your options are.

zulux21

You got to make some sacrifices. I never spent any money on this game and probably never will.

Then again go a head spend the money. It for a good cause.

I had a friend spend some money on me for christmas (i didn't ask he just kind of did it), aside from that I haven't spent anything and in general I haven't used what he bought me as I keep my iso typically above 8k and my hp around 3k (though it's a bit lower right now because I pointlessly bought 2 more roster spots for characters I don't have right now, and spent 1k on 2 star storm to goof around with something... and I don't even use her now lulz)

In general I try to give a free to play game around 50 cents for each hour I play (assuming I enjoyed it) capping at $50. You will never see me spending a ton on a game, but I do like sending some money as a "thank you for making this game" type deal. If you want to play strictly free though it's totally your call and I can't blame you.

Daken, DA Hawkeye, Hulk

*flips table*

Has there ever been a more obnoxious combination of heroes to fight against? Nothing like focusing Hawkeye then Daken, and having hulk start destroying you when there's 400 strike tiles floating around and a few protect tiles. They really need to diversify the heroes featured in these matchups. Nothing but Rag, DA Hawkeye, Daken, Hulk and maybe Yelana. I would also appreciate not having Black Panther as one of the required matches every fight since the hero came out literally last week. They should really just make them random...

Got no 1-stars to sell?

The Hawkeye is a 1 star.... I got Storm, Iron Man, Jugs, Black Widow and Hawkeye as maxes out 1 stars. I also have a 2 star Hawkeye that I don't use either (even in this event)

Modern or classic hawkeye? Because the one in shades is good and the other is crap. I'd rather have a daredevil for events than a lvl 40 hawkeye. Sad to hear your iso went into that guy honestly.

Could you screenshot your team or show us your roster? I'd like to see what your options are.

EXdEtNr.jpg

4qTDlWS.jpg

zulux21

Daken, DA Hawkeye, Hulk

*flips table*

Has there ever been a more obnoxious combination of heroes to fight against? Nothing like focusing Hawkeye then Daken, and having hulk start destroying you when there's 400 strike tiles floating around and a few protect tiles. They really need to diversify the heroes featured in these matchups. Nothing but Rag, DA Hawkeye, Daken, Hulk and maybe Yelana. I would also appreciate not having Black Panther as one of the required matches every fight since the hero came out literally last week. They should really just make them random...
the black panther is obviously there to try to make you spend money to get him. it's a tad annoying but something that should be expected from free to play.
The Hawkeye is a 1 star.... I got Storm, Iron Man, Jugs, Black Widow and Hawkeye as maxes out 1 stars. I also have a 2 star Hawkeye that I don't use either (even in this event)
i think everyone will tell you to ditch the hawkeye because he is one of the worst characters in the game :p

i think everyone will tell you to ditch the hawkeye because he is one of the worst characters in the game :p

One of? No he is probably the worst character in the game. And having so many Modern Hawkeye covers, there is no reason not to level him, especially since he is boosted this event. His blue ability is probably one of the best stuns in the game--mine's at 82 with 5 blue and it hits for like 3200 damage and stuns for I think 4 or 5 turns. Plus he's good to have since he favors Purple and Blue tiles.

zulux21

One of? No he is probably the worst character in the game. And having so many Modern Hawkeye covers, there is no reason not to level him, especially since he is boosted this event. His blue ability is probably one of the best stuns in the game--mine's at 82 with 5 blue and it hits for like 3200 damage and stuns for I think 4 or 5 turns. Plus he's good to have since he favors Purple and Blue tiles.

nah hawkeye still ranks above bagman for me (as at least hawkeye won't show up with a heroic token), and it's a tough fight between him and yelena.

nah hawkeye still ranks above bagman for me (as at least hawkeye won't show up with a heroic token), and it's a tough fight between him and yelena.

Oh god I forgot about Bagman. He is literally garbage. At least Yelana has her purple ability which is annoying. I don't think any of Hawkeye's abilities justify being used...

the black panther is obviously there to try to make you spend money to get him. it's a tad annoying but something that should be expected from free to play.

Yeah I'm thinking of just dropping the 1 star Hawkeye. I just like to keep the 1 stars I started on leveled up and out of the way so I don't feel any guilt constantly selling them. 1 star Black Widow seems like another one that should be on her way out...the Orginal Black Widow has saved me so many times.

What about 1 star Iron Man? He was my staple for a while but I eventually just replaced him with Jugs...1100 damage for 6 red with the healing of OBW has been my main thing for a while.

Yeah I'm thinking of just dropping the 1 star Hawkeye. I just like to keep the 1 stars I started on leveled up and out of the way so I don't feel any guilt constantly selling them. 1 star Black Widow seems like another one that should be on her way out...the Orginal Black Widow has saved me so many times.

What about 1 star Iron Man? He was my staple for a while but I eventually just replaced him with Jugs...1100 damage for 6 red with the healing of OBW has been my main thing for a while.

I stuck with Iron Man for quite a while but abandoned him once I got a Thor. He's... okay... early on at least. But all 1 stars lose value quickly because they have the low max level of 50. Jugg + OBW is a good combo, I'd definitely level that other Hawkeye though, he's pretty damn good.

Triz

Y'all are crazy. Modern hawk eye is a beast. I have mine at 85 and he never gets hit and throws out mad damage.

shaowebb

Hmm...you got some really good stuff in there. Problem is that as good as it is you lack just enough covers on your key cast to deny them from their real threat potential (like your thor and Classic Storm).
Good options are Juggernaut on point backed by OBW and Thor since Thor does good damage due to the event buffs and will be healthy. Plus good cover spread and lots of healing. Team is healthy but Juggernaut is reduced to backup in case Thor croaks since the green and red are mainly for Thor. Plus that team is worthless vs Hulk teams since they hit too hard and trigger Hulk's angry rebuttals.

Best looking things you got for this are to go for a healthy point man backed by that Modern Black Widow vs Hulk teams. If its Hulk solo then just run your Modern Storm/Modern Widow/Thor PERIOD. That team, even with a lower cover Thor, Should hit hardest due to event buffs, stun Hulk forever so you can slug it out unimpeded, and produce the nonstop flood of AP via the Storm/Thor combo. Granted Thor can't yield the green tiles easily for Storm, but he does the damage and the Solo Hulks are on the OASIS levels which produce green for you by popping environmental tiles (which red storm ability does for 5).

Sadly, there aren't a lot of options for you in this tourney. You've power leveled a lot of soloist or backup folks and have no real sluggers with enough covers to roll. Sad to see a fully leveled Hawkeye since the iso you had could really help your others. Max Hawkeye only has 1320 health, can only put crits on the board, and can't really do much of anything for damage given the cost of the one move he has. He's a walking liability.

That classic level 40 Hawkeye...Dump him.

Modern Hawkeye is good, but that Classic is terribad and stole your iso. Your dedicated slugger potentials on your roster to level are Ares, Thor, Hulk (who is yielding covers right now often) and once he power caps that Modern Hawkeye in the shades you got in the back.

You need covers more than anything sadly. Your Captain America has comeback potential and can tank for you , but dont expect him to dish out any serious damage. He's an all arounder who doesn't excel at anything but whose just good enough to throw into teams when you are short handed (Like Venom).

For now...rock Thor/Storm/Widow or Thor/Storm/Cap or OBW/ Thor/ JUGS . That last team is just to tank through those shitty as hell Bullseye/Daken combos. Just play it careful once you reach Hulk in those matchups. Once that happens just focus on draining AP and popping tiles. Dont go for moves unless it will kill Hulk or you are asking for an asswhoopin.

Good luck. You look like you'll have a lot of long sets to run in this one. However, the iso yield should help push your Thor quite well. Focus on him for now.

Y'all are crazy. Modern hawk eye is a beast. I have mine at 85 and he never gets hit and throws out mad damage.
THIS. The scariest characters are the ones that hit hard and you cant kill. Guess what unique ability modern Hawkeye has? THE ABILITY TO DODGE CHARACTER ABILITIES.

Throws absolutely every team tactic under a bus and ruins it once you get Modern Hawkeye leveled. Pair him with any decent stun cast and he can one shot folks with his timer arrows. Without someone to distract or stall the AI though he's a crapshoot on damage, but holy shit is he a longterm plan that ruins folks. Do not get rid of him. Wait, get him 5 covers on some of his stuff, THEN POWER LEVEL.

Get his purple to 5 covers so he only needs 4 purples on screen at any time to allow him to use the dodge then go for either 4 and 4 or straight up 3/5/5

Both his red and blue at max covers reduce to 2 turn countdown tiles but the blue does some damage and a 4 turn stun while the red does STUPID DAMAGE. Plus he crits like mad. Seriously folks. Keep him around till he can nearly max cover then flood him with iso leveling.

zulux21

personally I would hold onto 1 star black widow, her stun is very useful in the right situations (such as facing only 1 enemy like the current hulk event has happen from time to time)

I replaced iron pretty quickly when I had access to a 2 star roster and I do prefer jugs and OBW over iron man any day.

make sure to keep 1 star storm though... she is a beast. Her with 5green and 5 red covers + thor with 5 yellow covers + OBW that is well leveled = death to most enemies especially on the jungle and oasis maps.

shaowebb

Drop Hawkeye for certain, but keep that Widow. I'm not a fan of the character in comics (as we alllllll heard lol), but she has the cheapest and easiest and LONGEST stun to use in the game. Sometimes you just have to resort to a long stun and Hulk...well Hulk will always be one of those folks you need to do that to if you dont want to either die or win and still lose out on healthpacks to recover from the fight.

Hawkeye is different than the rest of the 1 stars IMO. Where Black Widow offsets her poor health with a massively powerful stun and AP stealing Hawkeye is just plain frail, expensive and unreliable. Ironman is okay...his only real weapon at certain levels is his Blue Freeon Beam and with a cost of like 19 its stupid to ever want that on a team.

He's good because he's healthy, does some damage, and puts up some shields...much like Captain America he's just good enough to have around to be an all arounder with health to round out teams, but honestly he's just not special. Juggs/OBW is more useful than most duos + Ironman. Heck Juggernaut is a better meatshield backup since he's healthier and if it comes down to him he has both cheap screen control and emergency damage.

Ironman...well...he's a a judgment call. You'll eventually stop using the guy. Everyone does. If you feel like tossing him now its fine.

Just don't lump all the 1 stars together and think of them as "pathetic beginner toys". Black Widow and Storm are ALWAYS good utlity cast. Storm is likely the best battery in the game and she honestly is better at the Thor/Storm cascade than Classic is since Classic can't remove junk from the board like modern can. You see environmental tiles (except on one board that has oasis) are just clutter that interfere with getting good AP yield form her green ability. Modern can pop them ALL for 5 red. Classic can't. Modern is the better cascade factory to use with Thor because of this and you are FAST approaching having one of the best team synergy duos in the game with them.

KEEP:
Storm
Widow
Juggs

MAKE A CALL ON :

Iron Man (if you need meat shields him, juggs and Cap are you guys)

KILL:
Classic Hawkeye

I'm gon' cry. I'll decide soon.
I only leveled up Hawkeye because I was sitting on a ton of ISO a few weeks ago

My main team is Classic Storm/Juggs/OBW. Iron man hasn't been used in weeks. I was thinking of picking up a venom soon.

I'm learning to keep some of those 3 stars around even if I only have one card, because Loki is REALLY good against Maggia.

Telosfortelos

Advocate for the People
Hawkeye is different than the rest of the 1 stars IMO. Where Black Widow offsets her poor health with a massively powerful stun and AP stealing Hawkeye is just plain frail, expensive and unreliable.

KEEP:
Storm
Widow
Juggs

MAKE A CALL ON :

Iron Man (if you need meat shields him, juggs and Cap are you guys)

KILL:
Classic Hawkeye

While Hawkeye isn't great when you're starting out, I actually think he retains his utility longer than most other one-stars. I would certainly keep him over Juggernaut, although Jugg is likely way more useful when you're first transitioning out of one-star. Hawkeye isn't useful for pvp or anything, but he has incredible strong defensive game in pve matches with countdown tiles. You can rotate him in against level 200+ guys and get a ton of utility out of him. He and modern storm are the only one-stars I've kept around, and he's the only one I ever really use.

Edit: seems like there was some consensus about him being one of the worst characters in the game. That sort of surprises me, as his abilities are very strong defensively (situationally, granted). There are always going to be some maps where you simply can't take any damage from high level countdown tiles. Most options require either lots of stun or lots of clear, but Hawkeye uniquely gives you two cheap powers that can selectively remove countdowns.

There's no reason to stay so long in 1-star territory. 1 maxed is enough, 3 at the most.

2-stars are the meat of the game. 3-stars are the high end. 4-stars are mostly for collection purposes.

It's really hard for me to recommend selling your 1-stars when you already maxed em out. But if I had to, it would be c.Hawkeye then m.BW then Juggs. I think Juggs and m.BW are more useful than IM35, but they're also 10k ISO cheaper to rebuild if you ever need to do that.

^I agree that c.Hawkeye is the more useful PVE hero, but he already has OBW and Cap.

Regarding m.Hawkeye, he is not bad by any means, rather unecessary. Doesn't have very good synergy in the current meta. You can definitely have success with him, but there's not much reason to go that route unless you love the character.

shaowebb

There's no way he's lasting vs Hulk event without that Widow guys. He'll run through every health pack he has in no time. Juggs is fine since he has a good OBW on backup btw. cost of 6 and he can cascade crap off the board? VERY useful to him if has to keep fighting Daken and Bullseye. She heals for way more than he loses and his basic tile pops are meaty enough that he prevents folks from jumping in front of crap often as it makes many colors his when he's on your team. In other words meat shield, with fast screen pops to clear garbage/setup cascades and decent 1000 + damage that he can abuse once Widow has Blue. Considering he can screen pop for 6 he doesn't even worry about countdown tiles messing up heal attempts. Seriously just believe some of you stopped playing Juggs and never ran this setup before because its damned fine.

Needs to level Thor though.

cobell

Does anyone know what happens to a card that times out in the Rewards tab? Does it just go away entirely or does it get auto-sold for the ISO?

I get real tired of manually selling individual cards.

I'm doing just fine with Classic Storm/OBW/Thor, especially now that I got the final CStorm green. Thor is maxed, I'm keeping Storm at 66 so far (so her reds and yellow don't take precedence over Thor) and OBW is 71, so she gets that Blue and Purple espionage. I start every fight nabbing all the purples possible and spam aggressive recon to starve them out and once yellow, green and red come alive, the hell commences. Throughout the fight, I try to refrain from Storm's blue, so that when it's safe at the end, I can spam OBW's blue and heal everyone up for the next fight.

animus82

Banned

This guy speaks the truth. Buy a little HP and support the devs.

animus82

Banned
I don't get it man.

I'm rank like 200 in one of the sub events and yet I have to fight everyone at like lvl 180+ most of it lvl 200.

the top guy barely has a two star team...

I guess It's designed so the rich don't get richer but why can't lowbies compete against lowbies in their own bracket?

High level Blast Arrow; what the fuck. 1.65k party-wide. All three of us dead in one turn.

Mine hits for ~2.6k on a 2 second timer. It's kind of crazy. The downside is it is completely avoidable and has a steep AP cost (I think it's 10 or 12, maybe more).

I am quickly seeing OBW start to seem overpowered, and heavily favoured in PvP events. I have gotten up to ~200 in The Hood event, through about 7 or 8 fights, and all but one had a max level OBW, and I skipped a few and saw about 1/2 of the people using Wolverine/OBW for the event. It's like Thor/Wolverine all over again...

shaowebb

Mine hits for ~2.6k on a 2 second timer. It's kind of crazy. The downside is it is completely avoidable and has a steep AP cost (I think it's 10 or 12, maybe more).

Thats why you pair it with a stun character. Venom works well in a pinch. Doesn't tread on Hawkeye's other arrows. If you dont care for Hawkeye's blue go Classic Storm or Widow. Nasty way to go and completely unavoidable if you time it right.

I don't get it man.

I'm rank like 200 in one of the sub events and yet I have to fight everyone at like lvl 180+ most of it lvl 200.

the top guy barely has a two star team...

I guess It's designed so the rich don't get richer but why can't lowbies compete against lowbies in their own bracket?

I'm starting to wonder that as well. I know the amount of points you get depends on what other people have, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how the scaling of enemies works. There is no way the people at the top are pounding down level 230+ enemies with the lineups they have, unless they are exploiting something I don't know about. I can handle low 100's and with some boosts maybe a few of the 150-180's, but over 200 and my heroes are dead in 6-7 moves. I understand wanting to make it fair, but I'm stuck at ~600-800 for all but 1 of the sub events because the enemies are ridiculous levels in all of them...

zulux21

I am quickly seeing OBW start to seem overpowered, and heavily favoured in PvP events. I have gotten up to ~200 in The Hood event, through about 7 or 8 fights, and all but one had a max level OBW, and I skipped a few and saw about 1/2 of the people using Wolverine/OBW for the event. It's like Thor/Wolverine all over again...
she isn't so much overpowered as unique and useful. (she is pretty easy to kill really)
she uses colors a lot of the characters don't use, and she has one of the only heal moves in the game. Really we just need more support characters with heal moves to make more varied teams... or get rid of heal packs and make it so all heroes heal back to full health at the end of any given battle (or if you really don't want to get rid of heal packs, make them revive packs)

when your own choices are spend lots of money on heal packs, or run widow or spiderman so that you can continue to repeatedly play missions.... your team will likely either include the two star widow or a spiderman if you have him.

I'm starting to wonder that as well. I know the amount of points you get depends on what other people have, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how the scaling of enemies works. There is no way the people at the top are pounding down level 230+ enemies with the lineups they have, unless they are exploiting something I don't know about. I can handle low 100's and with some boosts maybe a few of the 150-180's, but over 200 and my heroes are dead in 6-7 moves. I understand wanting to make it fair, but I'm stuck at ~600-800 for all but 1 of the sub events because the enemies are ridiculous levels in all of them...

if they have any level storm with 5 red and 5 green + any level thor with 5 green +plus a decent tank character or high level widow (and likely will need thor at 50 or so for hp in that case) you can pretty easily take out a team of 230s, especially if you use some boosts.

beyond that though scaling is based off your overall win loss record... new players have much easier enemies than players who have been around for a while.... with the current system the absolute worst player to be is someone who started a month or two ago and is currently just getting 2 stars past level 50 or so as you tend to get a lot of high level enemies that you can't handle.

she isn't so much overpowered as unique and useful. (she is pretty easy to kill really) she uses colors a lot of the characters don't use, and she has one of the only heal moves in the game. Really we just need more support characters with heal moves to make more varied teams... or get rid of heal packs and make it so all heroes heal back to full health at the end of any given battle (or if you really don't want to get rid of heal packs, make them revive packs)

when your own choices are spend lots of money on heal packs, or run widow or spiderman so that you can continue to repeatedly play missions.... your team will likely either include the two star widow or a spiderman if you have him.

Just because something becomes a necessity doesn't mean it's balanced. OBW is favored because for a months straight they literally rained out of the sky, and because she has an insanely good heal along with one of the best stuns in the game--plus steals AP which is nice. What they need is more diversity and more support heroes. Why are there no heroes that put down countdown tiles that heal whomever is out when it goes off, or heroes that allow you to target a hero on your team to heal? It seems all the heals are imba because they either make a single hero immortal (Daken to an extent and Wolverine pre-nerf) or heal everyone on your team for an absurd amount (OBW and Spider-Man).

They nerfed Wolverine and Thor because everyone used them. It was essentially required because their skillsets were so good and they were the easier to acquire heroes. Does not that almost verbatim match what is happening with OBW?

if they have any level storm with 5 red and 5 green + any level thor with 5 green +plus a decent tank character or high level widow (and likely will need thor at 50 or so for hp in that case) you can pretty easily take out a team of 230s, especially if you use some boosts.

Apparently my luck is just crap because I tend to lose 1-2 heroes in the first couple turns when they make a single match that cascades into 10+ AP of their needed color and start one-shotting my heroes. I don't like the idea of needing some silly battery combo to basically cheese your way to success. They really need to make the enemies scale better for veteren players, since at this point I cannot crack the top 100 without dropping money on health packs and boosts. There's no reason I should exclusively have the option of fighting enemies that are 2-3x the level of my characters

beyond that though scaling is based off your overall win loss record... new players have much easier enemies than players who have been around for a while.... with the current system the absolute worst player to be is someone who started a month or two ago and is currently just getting 2 stars past level 50 or so as you tend to get a lot of high level enemies that you can't handle.

It's weird because some days I'll go to a sub-event and easily fly from 1000th to top 100 in 2-3 fights which are marked as Easy or Trivial, other times I'll pound boosts and scrath and claw my way to a victory against a team of 180's and gain maybe 50 places. There just seems to be no consistancy...

cobell

OBW and Wolverine are used mainly because OBW has bonus damage when matching certain color tiles. And Wolverine's (and really any +damage tile) applies twice: once for the original match and once for the bonus damage.

I have the feeling they're paired not because either are overpowered, but because their colors don't overlap and both still have useful powers. I used to love Wolverine, but there's just better options out there now.

That said, I use OBW a fair bit (before I could level Spidey to a useful level), because she does have quite a bit of utility.

Cool, I just pulled a four star Wolvie with one of last night's Heroic tokens. I know everyone says he sucks, but I didn't have any four stars, so that's kind of cool.

shaowebb

She's not really overpowered considering her base health. I know she can heal extremely well but a stun from Storm and she's as good as gone in 3 turns. OBW is extremely good though. I wont downplay. She is likely top 5 in the game in terms of team synergy. She heals, she gimps timer folks like Hulk, Magneto or Modern Hawkeye and her purple aggressive recon is so good that it batteries very nicely while AP gimping the opponent. Put her on the old Storm/Thor team and its ridiculous as essentially you nullify any of the oppoents turns given her heal and ability to steal all their AP when paired with a battery.
Her frailty is what balances her though and it does it quite well.

The SCARIEST OBW team I ever faced was Ares/ Invisible Woman/ OBW. They got OBW invisible and she kept gimping me and fetching heals for Ares to do damage. It was maddening. If I hadn't stunned Ares then she would have never used her yellow "turn invisible" move as Ares would have used his yellow instead. That mistake killed me. In trying to avoid damage from Ares, I made their healer untouchable as being the weakest she got turned invisible. Holy shit did that suck.

Top Bottom