• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

shaowebb

Wait, what. no,NO! Don't pass go, don't collect $200, and for godssake don't even think about buying a 2* cover with HP

If I got HP to blow I do it. Its still about a 30% chance of anything decent and that gets less as you gain more covers. Most times you just sort of end up with either Moonstones and Bagman's. I spent some of my leftovers yesterday though and got an Ironman Mach 40 off it.

You roll the dice you live with the consequences.

shaowebb

Pretty close to the 5k mark the the shield season 1. I want that heroic 10 pack!

Was taking a break from 3 phase circuits and saw this. I went in and pushed in the God of Lies tourney just now to get a couple hundred points for the alliance. Hope it helps. I can't do much. I pop in every so often to play 3 matches to sustain my #1 in the PVE and I'll give myself an hour tomorrow for Heroic Mode to push my rank for that Falcon cover but its all I can spare. I got a 246 question operator certification exam on Tuesday morning and this will take some studying.

NomarTyme

Was taking a break from 3 phase circuits and saw this. I went in and pushed in the God of Lies tourney just now to get a couple hundred points for the alliance. Hope it helps. I can't do much. I pop in every so often to play 3 matches to sustain my #1 in the PVE and I'll give myself an hour tomorrow for Heroic Mode to push my rank for that Falcon cover but its all I can spare. I got a 246 question operator certification exam on Tuesday morning and this will take some studying.
O.O good luck.

shaowebb

O.O good luck.

I am a fucking beast. I'll get it. I just cant mess around. I've been busting out work and studying for this since last wednesday. Very few brakes but I put in what I can. I've raised my grades so high I'd have to score a zero on my finals to drop to even near the cutoff GPA. Main thing is the certification exam in my capstone. Theres no GPA in a Capstone...you either pass the one thing or you fail the whole engineering degree.

Life happens. I'll be loud and proud after Friday. I'll also be goin back in on doing real work again on my own game and finally busting my art nut thats been being blue balled since my time constraints kicked in. You have nooooooooooo idea how badly Im needing to do some of the art I've been dwelling on in the back of my mind.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I am a fucking beast. I'll get it. I just cant mess around. I've been busting out work and studying for this since last wednesday. Very few brakes but I put in what I can. I've raised my grades so high I'd have to score a zero on my finals to drop to even near the cutoff GPA. Main thing is the certification exam in my capstone. Theres no GPA in a Capstone...you either pass the one thing or you fail the whole engineering degree.

Life happens. I'll be loud and proud after Friday. I'll also be goin back in on doing real work again on my own game and finally busting my art nut thats been being blue balled since my time constraints kicked in. You have nooooooooooo idea how badly Im needing to do some of the art I've been dwelling on in the back of my mind.
Oh god, I know this exact feeling. I just finished my degree and this time more than any I am finally able to get back into my groove. It's been a bit longer for me though, even throughout my summers I have neglected my hobby, but now, at least temporarily, everything is put aside after 4 years of having my head in a book so I can just create. Keep trucking, the end of the tunnel tastes good.

shaowebb

Oh god, I know this exact feeling. I just finished my degree and this time more than any I am finally able to get back into my groove. It's been a bit longer for me though, even throughout my summers I have neglected my hobby, but now, at least temporarily, everything is put aside after 4 years of having my head in a book so I can just create. Keep trucking, the end of the tunnel tastes good.

Feels like my art balls are gonna fall off before then, though mang.
:C

shaowebb

Showed up and pushed the last hour of the PVE. Pulled top 10 on both I think. Didn't have enough time to #1 though I had the health to do so. Badly timed on my part, but hey Im a busy guy this week.

Anyhow that should help the alliance towards those awesome Falcon covers in 2 days. I'll see if I can't push on the God of Lies tourney before bed tonight to help folks get their Doom covers.

Good luck guys.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Oh man the God of Lies is tough.
No kidding, I underestimated this.

Loki [+OBW] is a nice way to stifle my usual way of cheesing myself into 500-600 point range off of Wolverine/Daken alone. Not giving up, but this is presenting much more adversity than I anticipated initially.

NomarTyme

No kidding, I underestimated this.

Loki [+OBW] is a nice way to stifle my usual way of cheesing myself into 500-600 point range off of Wolverine/Daken alone. Not giving up, but this is presenting much more adversity than I anticipated initially.

Spent my HP unwisely for this tourney.

shaowebb

I wouldn't even attempt Daken in a Loki tourney. His tiles will just get converted in mass to shields to protect your opponent. Fixate you team structure on 2 man groups and abuse Loki's purple cheap ability to essentially get extra turns and frequent random cascades.

I've been using Thor/Ares just because they are healthy and killing one doesn't solve the problem of facing the other. Team doesn't really have a battery as Loki isn't reliable, but Loki does tend to yield FAR more cascades than not in most scenarios so it works out pretty decently. A better team would likely be MN Mags and Brazzers Storm but they aren't a healthy team and they wear out fast. Often folks target them if they got either Ares or Thor (which most do).

If you got a Magento he works very well in this tourney. Between him and Loki you tend to sweep the board. Put in a dude like Thor or Ares as your heavy hitting back up and they generally keep him fed well enough to make good use of all of those cascades. Loki fights are rough...you can't rely on tile placers at all.

sibarraz

Banned
FUCK THIS GAME

sE9TmPE.png

I was going to start using my excess HP to buy covers for guys. You can't buy covers you've for powers you've never received as a drop (WTF), and covers you can buy cost 1250 HP :(

It's like the designers don't want any roster diversity and want us to just continuously face the same 3-4 teams ad nauseam. So dumb.

zulux21

It's like the designers don't want any roster diversity and want us to just continuously face the same 3-4 teams ad nauseam. So dumb.

It's like the designers want you to spend money to be able to buy covers that you want... and if you don't own certain covers they want you to spend money to buy random tokens to hope you get those covers :p

sibarraz

Banned
To be fair, you will always face the same teams, without the monetization of the game.

Is more a problem of some heroes being way better than others

shaowebb

Stoppped studying and pushed for a bit on God of Lies to see if I couldn't help the alliance get some Doom. Rubberbanding was harsh since I'd done the PVE today early on so the cpu was cascading like mad feeding my Thor Opponents green.

Went from 170 into the 80's before running out of juice. Good luck guys. Back to studying for me.

zulux21

Stoppped studying and pushed for a bit on God of Lies to see if I couldn't help the alliance get some Doom. Rubberbanding was harsh since I'd done the PVE today early on so the cpu was cascading like mad feeding my Thor Opponents green.

Went from 170 into the 80's before running out of juice. Good luck guys. Back to studying for me.

thanks for the little boost... I am working on it myself... trying to get to 900 or so which would leave me just 100 short for the 10 pack or so.

shaowebb

thanks for the little boost... I am working on it myself... trying to get to 900 or so which would leave me just 100 short for the 10 pack or so.

Yeah Doom is good and I'd like the Alliance to get some covers for him. I got lucky a good while back and got 5 black 2 blue for the guy. He's worth owning and then some. If I ever max his blue it'd be great, but I wont mess around with finals or go full whale and buy the health packs needed to bother.

Good luck guys. Hope you get your prize tonight.

sibarraz

Banned
So, I think that is time to discard a 1 star hero. I already dished juggernaut, and storm is going nowhere so I'm between black widow and iron man

I need some space for a iron man 40 who will expire in 3 more days, and I doubt that I could get 400 hp by then

zulux21

So, I think that is time to discard a 1 star hero. I already dished juggernaut, and storm is going nowhere so I'm between black widow and iron man

I need some space for a iron man 40 who will expire in 3 more days, and I doubt that I could get 400 hp by then

I'd ditch iron man...
iron man's only use is in 1 star tournaments
widow at least has a use against single enemies in pve.
that being said if you can get to 900 points in loki you could get 200 hp from that and two top 5 in each of the simulator events would net you the other 200 :p

zulux21

damn you scruffy snuck up and stole number 1 from me in the alliance :p

also... lol screw the main event ALL FOCUS ON THE DOOM EVENT
shorter and still gives us falcons :p

Got top ten which I was aiming for.

I got 7th in my set so a top 10 as well... I might have to aim for 1k in the doom tourny just to make sure I get a top 10 since I am not going to do well in the 9 day event since I am mostly sitting it out.

zulux21

What really suck is that Falcon's Yellow cover is only been an Alliance reward. My Falcon has no yelllow cover whatsoever.

well I am gonna try to get 1k points this time, and if this one is more aggressive and scores are higher in general like I expect I might just try for 1.3k in order to get a wolverine cover for the heck of it... I make no promises though.

NomarTyme

well I am gonna try to get 1k points this time, and if this one is more aggressive and scores are higher in general like I expect I might just try for 1.3k in order to get a wolverine cover for the heck of it... I make no promises though.

Great Goal. I 'm gonna see if I can break 1100 first, but my doom is pretty weak.

zulux21

Great Goal. I 'm gonna see if I can break 1100 first, but my doom is pretty weak.

I'll likely just use stock doom for most of the event like I used stock loki for most of the event despite having a level 60 loki with 3 black and 5 purple covers
(my doom I think will be 4/3, if I get to 1.1k points I guess he will become 5/3 :p)

RipRamsey

Hey guys first time posting in the thread. I'm looking to see if there's any open slots in a GAF alliance. I'm willing to buy the next slot and I play every day and have a decent roster right now

zulux21

Hey guys first time posting in the thread. I'm looking to see if there's any open slots in a GAF alliance. I'm willing to buy the next slot and I play every day and have a decent roster right now

apply to gaf-kanda, I just then need someone who is already in the alliance tell me they are here and temp leave it and I can add you so you can buy the slot (I was going to remove the lowest that didn't buy a slot, but there isn't a clear cut weakest link right now so I don't know who to choose lol)

RipRamsey

apply to gaf-kanda, I just then need someone who is already in the alliance tell me they are here and temp leave it and I can add you so you can buy the slot (I was going to remove the lowest that didn't buy a slot, but there isn't a clear cut weakest link right now so I don't know who to choose lol)

Before you boot someone how much is the next slot and should I wait until the current alliance rewards pay out for god of lies?

zulux21

Before you boot someone how much is the next slot and should I wait until the current alliance rewards pay out for god of lies?

next slot is 1.4k HP
and I suppose we likely should wait until rewards are paid out.
beyond that if that doesn't happen soon either someone else will have to help you or it will have to happen in 10 hours or so as I am sleepy and don't want to stay up for to much longer :p (I had a long day at work)

RipRamsey

next slot is 1.4k HP
and I suppose we likely should wait until rewards are paid out.
beyond that if that doesn't happen soon either someone else will have to help you or it will have to happen in 10 hours or so as I am sleepy and don't want to stay up for to much longer :p (I had a long day at work)

Understood. As soon as the rewards clear Ill send the request and buy the slot when you except me.

zulux21

I'm not seeing a join button anywhere.

im not sure where it is, they may have changed things... but i know our gaf-vengers allianced got plenty of people trying to join when we had 20 members previously.

Either way this might have to wait until later as I can't seem to get a hold of anyone else (and I don't want to just randomly kick someone and make them mad) in the alliance. Luckily the next event doesn't end for nearly two days so we have some time. I'll be around all day tomorrow (well later today for me) so as long as another member shows up sometime between 10am-10pm CST and you are around we can get you added... sound good?

edit: well it's going to have to sound good... my world is getting blurry as my eyes just can't focus... I need to retire for a few hours and well be back around 10am my time (central standard time)

Askani

Just hit my Heroic 10 pack for the SHIELD event. And the results are...
Bullseye (black)
Hawkeye (blue)
Captain America (blue)
Black Panther (blue)
Bag-man (purple)
A.Wolverine (red)
Thor (yellow)
Hawkeye (red)
Original Black Widow (black)
Patch (green)
So, two ok covers out of ten and 2000 ISO from eight sales. I guess that's decent. That makes my Patch 2/0/5 so that's not great. BP went to 2/3/3.

shaowebb

Hopefully with the doom event and the simulator I can get 2or 3 falcon covers ready for the next PvP.

Wish I could jump in on that one. I work from now till 3:30 then I got an hour after that to cram some more for physics finals. Tomorrow i got Finals from 8 am till late evening along with 2 more in two days after work. I wont even be home to try.

Fumoffu

Neo Member
Well I think I'm done with the Simulator event, getting destroyed left and right. Seems like each move I get counter chained to oblivion which is total bs (wtf? The trex bite is only 6 Green AP and hits me for 5k). Still should be top 10 overall though.

Askani

Well I think I'm done with the Simulator event, getting destroyed left and right. Seems like each move I get counter chained to oblivion which is total bs (wtf? The trex bite is only 6 Green AP and hits me for 5k). Still should be top 10 overall though.

Same. I'm going to try to get at least the Hard mode ISO fight, but I'm done after that. Just going to work on the normal mode and get what easy points I can. I'm 8th overall so hopefully I can maintain top 10. Even if I can't though, the difference in prizes is a measly 500 ISO. I won't cry about that. If I can get the Hard ISO award I made just say screw it and only play if I fall out of the top 50.

Top Bottom