• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

zulux21

I know absolutely nothing about how these groups work but I have over a page of heroes, and I wouldn't mind joining. Signed up just in case. If there's no room for me, that's okay, no harm done.

alright now that I am not trying to place high in I can explain some stuff :p

the groups work by our scores being combined and working towards alliance goals, so in general alliances want people who score high. Gaf-vengers is made up of some of the more serious players in the thread, gaf-kanda is the slightly less serious one (though there are still some solid people in it)

Since I added you you will get some bonuses from the event you were part of the alliance of when it finished, but unfortunately gaf-vengers will likely want a bit stronger of a player in the slot I added you to since we are pushing for the fury cover and thus each member matters.

Gaf-kanda still has slots to be bought, but they are very expensive for a new player. (the next is 1.5k HP I think) so unless you decide to spend some money on HP to buy the next slot there isn't permanent room in that alliance (if you play for a while you can collect that HP)

the main plus from the alliance is better rewards...
each day with your daily reward you get some bonus iso (10 x the number of alliance members that got their daily the day before)
you also get rewards from all of the events, which from pvp usually means 50hp and 2k plus iso (if you get a top 100 you get covers) so paying to join an alliance even at 1500hp would pay for itself in a few months.
in pve it varies but in general you will get some hp, more iso, and again covers if you are near the top.

Great another one with patch rewards. The one three star I have maxed.

Oh well, can't win em all.

They are never going to give Spider Man Covers are they? Just once I want Spider Man. Been playing this game for almost 4 months and never once Spider man.

I imagine they will do an event with spidy covers after the nerfbat makes him ugly :p

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Great another one with patch rewards. The one three star I have maxed.

Oh well, can't win em all.

They are never going to give Spider Man Covers are they? Just once I want Spider Man. Been playing this game for almost 4 months and never once Spider man.
I 100% believe that Spider-man's is a 4* in actuality, they just forgot to update it visually.

Doom event was rough, woke up to -217 and got hit multiple times ask was trying to recoup. It's a miracle I even made top 100 w/671.

Volimar

alright now that I am not trying to place high in I can explain some stuff :p

the groups work by our scores being combined and working towards alliance goals, so in general alliances want people who score high. Gaf-vengers is made up of some of the more serious players in the thread, gaf-kanda is the slightly less serious one (though there are still some solid people in it)

Since I added you you will get some bonuses from the event you were part of the alliance of when it finished, but unfortunately gaf-vengers will likely want a bit stronger of a player in the slot I added you to since we are pushing for the fury cover and thus each member matters.

Gaf-kanda still has slots to be bought, but they are very expensive for a new player. (the next is 1.5k HP I think) so unless you decide to spend some money on HP to buy the next slot there isn't permanent room in that alliance (if you play for a while you can collect that HP)

the main plus from the alliance is better rewards...
each day with your daily reward you get some bonus iso (10 x the number of alliance members that got their daily the day before)
you also get rewards from all of the events, which from pvp usually means 50hp and 2k plus iso (if you get a top 100 you get covers) so paying to join an alliance even at 1500hp would pay for itself in a few months.
in pve it varies but in general you will get some hp, more iso, and again covers if you are near the top.

I imagine they will do an event with spidy covers after the nerfbat makes him ugly :p

Well glad I could help a bit, though I only played that last 15 minutes or so that time. If you gotta kick me for a more serious player, I understand.

zulux21

Well glad I could help a bit, though I only played that last 15 minutes or so that time. If you gotta kick me for a more serious player, I understand.

well until a more serious player comes along the spot is all yours, as there is no reason to not have someone collecting the rewards :p

well until a more serious player comes along the spot is all yours, as there is no reason to not have someone collecting the rewards :p

Volimar if you are a newer player and don't mind, I'll trade my GAF-Kanda spot for your Gaf-Vengers spot. I think you'd get more benefit out of the rewards the second tier alliance earns than I do, and I can probably contribute a bit more to the Vengers than you can :)

If I am mistaken and you aren't that new (or you just want to hang with the better rewards), no worries

Volimar

Volimar if you are a newer player and don't mind, I'll trade my GAF-Kanda spot for your Gaf-Vengers spot. I think you'd get more benefit out of the rewards the second tier alliance earns than I do, and I can probably contribute a bit more to the Vengers than you can :)

If I am mistaken and you aren't that new (or you just want to hang with the better rewards), no worries

I'm not new at all. Just new to the groups. I'd like to hang around if I can. I think I can contribute.

zulux21

ouch what a tough bracket... your 12th place would have taken first in mine
8CXKp.jpg

8CXOI.jpg

zulux21

Cool, no worries.

Zulu, keep me in mind next time a spot opens up though

I'll try but I have a horrible memory for remembering people for stuff... unless you are borrowing video games from me... then I can tell you what titles you are borrowing from me and approximately when you borrowed them >.>;

I'll try but I have a horrible memory for remembering people for stuff... unless you are borrowing video games from me... then I can tell you what titles you are borrowing from me and approximately when you borrowed them >.>;

Yeah, my friend Tony still has my Ken Griffey Jr Major League Baseball for SNES that he borrowed back in 1995 or so

Wow, mine was a cakewalk compared to that.

u6T24KI.png

What what???!!! I'd kill for a group like that. I got as high as #8 at some point yesterday, finished the night at #10, woke up this morning after my shield expired to find myself around 50. Tried to get on the Falcon side of that but work and some bad cascades dropped me quite a bit. Last I checked I was 68 with about 700 points but I haven't had the time to get back on and see where I ultimately finished.

Bairds

Neo Member
Usually pvp brackets are decided by when you join, say if you start one right now, you will be placed in the bracket that is the newest, but if you start maybe with 1d left it will place you in the last created bracket of 1000 (i think, or however the max is). At least that what it seemed like to me.

I had been waiting until there was 1D left timewise before I would join so it would be easier to hit top 10, but now that I'm the alliance is only fair that I get as many points as possible.

I prefer starting with 1D left because not only is it easier to place in the top 10, but also you're spending less on shields.

So in order to join a PVP bracket late, do I have to make sure to not even open the event? Or do you get placed only when you actually start your first fight?

jred2k

Noticed that gaf-kanda had an open slot just now so I applied. Hopefully I'm not takimg anybody's spot.

My name is north911, btw and I'm sitting #2 in Top Gun right now with 700+ points.

zulux21

Noticed that gaf-kanda had an open slot just now so I applied. Hopefully I'm not takimg anybody's spot.

My name is north911, btw and I'm sitting #2 in Top Gun right now with 700+ points.
the open slot is currently there so the next person can join and buy the next slot.

zulux21

dat 3 star daken with 3 powers.

and yup you can win covers instead of iso from pvp now

which is fine by me as that just means you have 100 and 250 iso rewards from pvp battles now (at least for me who doesn't need a single 1 or 2 star character >.>)

it's a shame the new event is another locked roster event... but alas I can't complain to much when I can still run this team

full roster

which on the plus side seems like they finally listened to the people and powered up everyone as it's a big ass pain to play with such a limited roster with no boosts.

more details on the new daken moves
man... running team patch daken falcon will be so tempting :p

animus82

Banned
Wow,

Just got two 3 star covers from my last 2 standar tokens

Ragnarok Red

Daredevil Purple.

not bad, would prefer Spider man, but not bad.

lmpaler

Well this new event just made my day, got a new MNMag cover and now the versus change means I am farming for that Modern Cpt America, but alas I have yet to get him.

zulux21

Well this new event just made my day, got a new MNMag cover and now the versus change means I am farming for that Modern Cpt America, but alas I have yet to get him.

you know if I could trade in 20 copies of my red captain to give you one I would...
heck I think I have gotten more red captains then any other character including 1 stars @_@

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This is a strange change, it severely devalues finishing under Top 100 unless they start offering 3*s there too, and make many more 4*s to avoid the slog.

We'll see how it effects the economy, but I guess it's sort of necessary considering we're past the honeymooning period of this game and 1*s are becoming increasingly useless.

EDIT: I guess it sort of makes sense from an increased ISO payout perspective (from selling 1-2* covers) and them rapidly increasing the number of 3*s in the game. I feel they'll add 5*s soon though.

Askani

I'm sure the win percentage of a 2 star is pretty low. I'm also winning 1 stars that aren't in the list of prizes.

It's technically raising the overall ISO generation from matches. The average before was 105 ISO. Now it's watered down with pure 100 ISO rewards, so it's slightly less if you assume you have an equal change to get a 70 or 140 or 1 star cover. A 103.3 average. But, if you win a 2 star and sell it for 250, and as long as you win one 2 star every 85 matches, and I'm assuming the chance is higher than 1 in 85, your average ISO generation is higher.

Also, it's a good change for lower level players that need 2 star covers faster.

Curious what the actual chance for a 2 star is. I haven't had one as a reward yet.

zulux21

This is a strange change, it severely devalues finishing under Top 100 unless they start offering 3*s there too, and make many more 4*s to avoid the slog.

We'll see how it effects the economy, but I guess it's sort of necessary considering we're past the honeymooning period of this game and 1*s are becoming increasingly useless.

EDIT: I guess it sort of makes sense from an increased ISO payout perspective (from selling 1-2* covers) and them rapidly increasing the number of 3*s in the game. I feel they'll add 5*s soon though.
nah if they were going to add a 5 star it would have been fury... I think we won't see 5 stars for at least a year.
I'm sure the win percentage of a 2 star is pretty low. I'm also winning 1 stars that aren't in the list of prizes.

It's technically raising the overall ISO generation from matches. The average before was 105 ISO. Now it's watered down with pure 100 ISO rewards, so it's slightly less if you assume you have an equal change to get a 70 or 140 or 1 star cover. A 103.3 average. But, if you win a 2 star and sell it for 250, and as long as you win one 2 star every 85 matches, and I'm assuming the chance is higher than 1 in 85, your average ISO generation is higher.

Also, it's a good change for lower level players that need 2 star covers faster.

Curious what the actual chance for a 2 star is. I haven't had one as a reward yet.

-Added in new random rewards for finishing Versus battles. In addition to the normal 70/140 Iso-8 rewards, it is now possible to pull any 1* or 2* character. These Comic Cover rewards are balanced in frequency so that the overall Iso-8 rewards assuming that you sell all covers is equal to the previous rewards in Versus.
- Adjusted odds of 2* characters in the Standard Pack upwards by 20% compared to their earlier odds. These extra odds were taken from the 1* character odds, so 3*+ odds are unaffected.
not sure the exact odds but to keep them the same the odds would have to be pretty low... that being said I already got a pointless moonstone from it :p

w2000

Definitely getting covers for this event. Last one I was able to max out OBW and MN magneto. This one I will probably be working on C. Storm as I already have a M. Storm maxed. Now I just need to get some covers for Patch, preferably green lol.

So I'm at a crossroads with my roster. I have my main stable of ** characters but I don't know if I should be investing ISO into any other *, ** or *** characters. Anybody here care to make any recommendations on good places to focus given my cover count?

I don't have a ton of *** covers but I'd appreciate any advice.

cobell

I very much like 2 star Magneto. He pairs well with any blue hero (such as Spiderman) as his purple skill can give you crit tiles and gives tons of blue. I prefer his red skill maxed over blue because the red explosion gives you all the gems it destroys and also does a nice chunk of damage.

I'm pretty sure 3 star Magneto is also highly regarded, but I don't have enough skills in him personally to know myself

I love running Punisher especially in any buffed villain/enemy event because maxed out his red (while doing low damage) KOs the target if they are at/under 40% health. His green and black skills are decent as well.

Spider is stun lock king if you can get enough blue covers and his yellow is a great heal.

Depending on the situation/event, Iron Man 40 is good as a support character. His yellow skill is cheap if you leave it at a low skill and it generates other colors for harder hitting heroes. Alternatively, I sometimes use him and 2 star Magneto Now to feed their color generating skills into each other IM feeding red for Magneto and Magneto feeding blues for IM. IM 40 is definitely not a main character for me though I have personally levelling him to 100.

Top Bottom